PDA

View Full Version : Need fast help to perfect convention handout

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
This is the proposed handout for the convention. Double-sided tabloid, folded to be the size of a regular letter sheet. It will be included in everyone's convention packets. We will be printing about 1600 of them, but they need to be approved by the GOP and then sent to the printers in time to be on-hand June 1st.

4MB PDF file.

Needs to be perfected ASAP. Please lend a hand!

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest3.pdf 3.8MB 600DPI PDF

ETA:

Here is the post-collaboration version:

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout9.pdf 3.8MB 600DPI PDF

Warlord
05-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Will you be saying hello to Mr. Rove?

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I'll take a look at it, not that I'm your best source here.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Will you be saying hello to Mr. Rove?

Yeah sure you betcha! Still need to come up with something both principled and yet benign to drive him nuts and show him up for the bad guy he is... :p

TER
05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Looks great Gunny! Best of luck!

Cleaner44
05-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I am seeing a pretty awesome handout as it stands. What area are you looking for feedback on?

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Glen, quick question, are you in a printer mode so you want just the least possible changes to text, or are you looking to maybe rewrite a sentence or so?

So far I see only one outright error but a few language suggestions I'd make. (the error is parallelism in the second paragraph where 'does' in the third line should be 'do' to be parallel.)

angelatc
05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Where's MelissaWV? She's the queen of this stuff.

angelatc
05-28-2013, 06:34 PM
LOL - this is not advice. But when I saw the QR codes, I sarcastically thought there should be a line saying, 'If you do not know what these are, then you are why the party is losing elections."

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Language suggestions in rough order of importance as I view them:

1. Paragraph 3 (or 4?) under The Technological Advantage (paragraph starting "Glen Bradley")

Glen Bradley became a self employed technology professional launched his wholly owned technology consultancy business immediately after serving in the United States Marine Corps.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Glen, quick question, are you in a printer mode so you want just the least possible changes to text, or are you looking to maybe rewrite a sentence or so?

So far I see only one outright error but a few language suggestions I'd make. (the error is parallelism in the second paragraph where 'does' in the third line should be 'do' to be parallel.)

Changes can be as dramatic as can be made with time to send to the approval/printer by tomorrow morning. I see what you are talking about - I think "will" works better maybe? "do" comes off kinda broken...

At the same time, to win on principle, we have to explain those principles to voters in ways that attract them and does not alienate them from supporting Republicans in the election.

At the same time, to win on principle, we have to explain those principles to voters in ways that attract them and do not alienate them from supporting Republicans in the election.

At the same time, to win on principle, we have to explain those principles to voters in ways that attract them and will not alienate them from supporting Republicans in the election.

TER
05-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Changes can be as dramatic as can be made with time to send to the approval/printer by tomorrow morning. I see what you are talking about - I think "will" works better maybe? "do" comes off kinda broken...

I like 'will' better.

Warlord
05-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Yeah sure you betcha! Still need to come up with something both principled and yet benign to drive him nuts and show him up for the bad guy he is... :p

Just be nice and try and sell him your message for growing the party. Tell him your story about your statehouse race.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 06:43 PM
2. Paragraph 1 (with Glen's picture)

We are told all too often that we can either have principles or victory, but never can have both. We are told that if we want to ensure victory in the General Elections we have to keep sliding must slide to the left until there is not apparent appears to be no difference between Republicans and the Democrats that we are fighting to remove. This, of course, is nonsense. We do not win by moderating watering down our principles, moderating watering down our principles is why how we lose.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Language suggestions in rough order of importance as I view them:

1. Paragraph 3 (or 4?) under The Technological Advantage (paragraph starting "Glen Bradley")

Glen Bradley became a self employed technology professional launched his wholly owned technology consultancy business immediately after serving in the United States Marine Corps.

I LIKE that!

Change made

Nirvikalpa
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
I would really bulletpoint the important parts of your biography. The more text you have, the less chance people will read it/be interested in it. You want important info people can understand on a second's glance. Pretty sure it's been proven scientifically you have 3-7sec to catch someone's interest... (on't quote me on that)...

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:50 PM
2. Paragraph 1 (with Glen's picture)

We are told all too often that we can either have principles or victory, but never can have both. We are told that if we want to ensure victory in the General Elections we have to keep sliding must slide to the left until there is not apparent appears to be no difference between Republicans and the Democrats that we are fighting to remove. This, of course, is nonsense. We do not win by moderating watering down our principles, moderating watering down our principles is why how we lose.

made every change but adding "can have" which seemed awkward.

I'll put up a revised version shortly so we are all working from the same sheet of music.

off topic: for a good example of something that tastes way better than it has any right to, chop a whole avocado into chili... :p

Natural Citizen
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM
This is the proposed handout for the convention. Double-sided tabloid, folded to be the size of a regular letter sheet. It will be included in everyone's convention packets. We will be printing about 1600 of them, but they need to be approved by the GOP and then sent to the printers in time to be on-hand June 1st.

4MB PDF file.

Needs to be perfected ASAP. Please lend a hand!

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest3.pdf

What do you mean by ASAP? Like how ASAP?

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:53 PM
I would really bulletpoint the important parts of your biography. The more text you have, the less chance people will read it/be interested in it. You want important info people can understand on a second's glance. Pretty sure it's been proven scientifically you have 3-7sec to catch someone's interest... (on't quote me on that)...

That I have in the Program, which all the delegates are kinda forced to look at:

http://glenbradley.net/share/bradad4.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:54 PM
What do you mean by ASAP? Like how ASAP?

I need to get an 'approval' before sending to the printer to be in their hands by June 1, so I am trying to have it perfected by morning

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Also, if they don't much care, human nature in that setting will be to open the tabloid and look at the spread with all the charts.

ALSO, that doesn't apply AS MUCH when you have a bored captive audience with nothing better to do than look at the stuff they were given.

You are correct, normally, but figure these people will be sitting there for 4-5 hours with not very much to do, and the whole reason most of them came is to vote for Party officers.

Its not really a 'normal' situation.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Suggestion 3. Paragraph 3 same section (Glen's picture)

Republicans only come together around principle, and Republicans only go to the polls en masse when they are inspired by their candidates and their party[We are Republicans because we subscribe to shared principles. As Republicans we are inspired to flood the polls precisely when and because our candidates and our party are fighting for what is right and true.] We saw what happened.... (pick up to end of Paragraph as it is)

[i think a better word than 'flood' must exist, maybe a military one? Assault the polls seems violent, but if there is a term for taking a fort by numbers or something.... dunno...]

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
OK, 4th revision of the handout is up. Also found a cut-off on page 2 on the electoral share chart "Millennials" was cut off and overprinted. I fixed that as well.

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest4.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Suggestion 3. Paragraph 3 same section (Glen's picture)

Republicans only come together around principle, and Republicans only go to the polls en masse when they are inspired by their candidates and their party[We are Republicans because we subscribe to shared principles. As Republicans we are inspired to flood the polls precisely when and because our candidates and our party are fighting for what is right and true.] We saw what happened.... (pick up to end of Paragraph as it is)

OK,

We are Republicans because we subscribe to [I]shared principles. As Republicans we are inspired to overwhelm the polls precisely when and because our candidates and our party are fighting for what is right and true. We saw what happened this year when Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky stood up on Constitutional Principle to face down the Obama Administration. Republicans, Conservatives, and Americans over the entire spectrum were inspired to stand with Rand. Had the 2016 election been held on that day, Obama would have lost overwhelmingly.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:09 PM
I think that the first paragraph would flow a bit better if it read something like:

In order for the Republican Party to stay relevant in the 21st Century, we must leverage technology and social media in order to reach out to younger voters with the Republican message. In this task, there is no stronger candidate than Glenn Fucking Bradley.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I think that the first paragraph would flow a bit better if it read something like:

Haha! Changes made minus a strategic stealth edit :p

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Revision 5 at screen resolution instead of print resolution, so only 641k instead of 4mb

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest5.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:20 PM
I am seeing a pretty awesome handout as it stands. What area are you looking for feedback on?

Anything that can be completed by the morning. :)

In the morning it is being sent for review and approval, followed by sending to the printer.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Suggestion 4, paragraph 4 and 5 same section (suggested rewrite)

The principles that bind and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined [or are 'set out'] in the US and NC State Constitutions. It is strict adherence to these founding documents and the principles therein that will inspire our party to victory at the polls. For in a time when government has strayed far from these founding documents, strict adherence to our Constitutions becomes not just a catalyst for Republican voters, but a catalyst to Americans of every party to vote with us to assure the preservation of the principles which define us as a nation.

Glen Bradley is a strict construction Constitutionalist, which means that Glen Bradley believes the Constitution means what it says. The Constitution does not divide us, it unites us, and motivates us, and the Constitutional message is how we win General Elections.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I think the third paragraph could use some revision. It is a long list of terms of art and comes off as something that should be in a résumé directed toward people in the computer industry. Furthermore, How does having experience with, say, computer design manufacture and repair help achieve the goal of utilizing technology in order to spread the Republican message to younger voters? I don't have the answer, but is it possible to somehow condense the list of computer expertise and tie it in to how it will be useful?

I think you should also put more emphasis on your experience as a Marine, and stress that you will combine honor, duty, and sacrifice with the technological expertise so needed by the modern Republican candidate.

Bastiat's The Law
05-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Bump for Gunny.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
For in a time when government has strayed far from these founding documents, strict adherence to our Constitutions becomes not just a rallying flag for Republican voters, but a rallying flag to Americans of every party to vote with us to assure the preservation of the principles which define us as a nation.

I like it, but I replaced the word "catalyst." I think something like "rallying flag" or its equivalent may evoke stronger sentiments.

Anti Federalist
05-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks good to me Glenn.

You need some help with the printing costs?

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Suggestion 4, paragraph 4 and 5 same section (suggested rewrite)

The principles that bind and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined [or are 'set out'] in the US and NC State Constitutions. It is strict adherence to these founding documents and the principles therein that will inspire our party to victory at the polls. For in a time when government has strayed far from these founding documents, strict adherence to our Constitutions becomes not just a catalyst for Republican voters, but a catalyst to Americans of every party to vote with us to assure the preservation of the principles which define us as a nation.

Glen Bradley is a strict construction Constitutionalist, which means that Glen Bradley believes the Constitution means what it says. The Constitution does not divide us, it unites us, and motivates us, and the Constitutional message is how we win General Elections.

Changes mostly adopted, had to fiddle with font size and paragraph spacing to make it fit, so here is revision 6 PDF also in screen resolution instead of print resolution, so 640.6k PDF

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest6.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:34 PM
I like it, but I replaced the word "catalyst." I think something like "rallying flag" or its equivalent may evoke stronger sentiments.

I changed it to touchstone :p

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I changed it to touchstone :p

Battle standard? :p

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Resounding Liberty Bell? Just kidding.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I think the third paragraph could use some revision. It is a long list of terms of art and comes off as something that should be in a résumé directed toward people in the computer industry. Furthermore, How does having experience with, say, computer design manufacture and repair help achieve the goal of utilizing technology in order to spread the Republican message to younger voters? I don't have the answer, but is it possible to somehow condense the list of computer expertise and tie it in to how it will be useful?

I think you should also put more emphasis on your experience as a Marine, and stress that you will combine honor, duty, and sacrifice with the technological expertise so needed by the modern Republican candidate.

In this case, 60% of the convention won't have much of an idea at all what hardly any of it means. Condensing the technology section would be a good thing. As to the proficiency list, it was assembled with the full knowledge and intent that most of the delegates won't understand it, and it will be all the more impressive because of that. It is accurate enough that when they ask the tech guy in their County delegation of it's real or BS, they will hear that it indeed is real, and that will add to the mystique.

I'm certainly open to shrinking the heck out of that section, but several of the delegates have approached me about the importance of technological expertise, so I absolutely want to make that abundantly clear.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Looks good to me Glenn.

You need some help with the printing costs?

Thanks brother, we've been doing gangbusters raising money, I'm running a bit late on the design so I don't know about getting it in in time for offset. If I can get it into offset with a turnaround time fast enough we won't. If I have to run through a quick printer I might. I will keep y'all advised.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Also, the dramatic shifts between plain, bold, and black look WAY less dramatic in print than they do on screen. So keep that in mind.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Suggested change #5, Paragraph 6 same section

I would switch the order of the sentences, putting the biographical details below the second sentence because it seems to go back and forth, rather than transition. Then I'd just clarify the last clause (now in the first sentence). If I didn't get it right it is because I didn't understand what you were saying, so you might want to play with it:

These are the principles that has [have] enabled him [Glen Bradley] to bring unity to every single unify all the myriad factions of the North Carolina Republican Party since 2009.

Glen Bradley is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has served as the Worship Leader and the Adult Sunday School Teacher for New Life Baptist Church.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:48 PM
I was thinking of something like this for the fifth paragraph. Also, perhaps the "M" in "Republican Message" could be capitalized throughout in order to add emphasis to the term?

We must utilize alternative news sources such as Reddit, Google, Digg, and the blogospheres to spread the Republican Message to the Internet generation in order to combat the unprincipled [if you are principled, your opponents must be unprincipled], biased, and liberal mainstream media which has served as a lapdog for Big Government. Only Glenn Bradley has the proven principle and resolve to achieve victory.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:53 PM
In this case, 60% of the convention won't have much of an idea at all what hardly any of it means. Condensing the technology section would be a good thing. As to the proficiency list, it was assembled with the full knowledge and intent that most of the delegates won't understand it, and it will be all the more impressive because of that.

I had considered that, but I was of the opinion that it may be a double-edge sword. On the other hand, you have won an election while I have not, so I will defer to you in this strategic decision.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 07:54 PM
The last suggestion I have for you to consider is on the page about Republican Growth I wouldn't use the term 'and Survival' even though I know what you mean, it just isn't very upbeat. Maybe Republican Rejuvenation or something? (I'm partial to r3VOLution, but perhaps we shouldn't go there....) ... I'm sure there's a better word...

then I would leave out minority outreach, right now that sounds like a buzz word for supporting the Rubio immigration plan. I think you mean that you got a higher share of votes by members of minority groups voting for you than others did in NC, and if that is what you mean, I would say that. Something like 'Glen Bradley's message appeals to millennials and minorities, as shown by (breakdown of your vote?), groups that the NC GOP needs to engage to win.... or whatever.

I like the rest. I wasn't trying to rain on your first page, I just liked the forceful position and was trying to imho make it punchier since it is the first thing people will read.

But this is great, Glen!

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Suggested change #5, Paragraph 6 same section

I would put switch the order of the sentences, putting the biographical details below the second sentence because it seems to go back and forth, rather than transition. Then I'd just clarify the last clause (now in the first sentence). If I didn't get it right it is because I didn't understand what you were saying, so you might want to play with it:

These are the principles that has [have] enabled him [Glen Bradley] to bring unity to every single unify all the myriad factions of the North Carolina Republican Party since 2009.

Glen Bradley is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has served as the Worship Leader and the Adult Sunday School Teacher for New Life Baptist Church.

OK, here's what I did:

Glen Bradley is a strict construction Constitutionalist, which means that Glen Bradley believes the Constitution means what it says. The Constitution does not divide us, it unites us, and motivates us, and the Constitutional message is how we win General Elections. These are the principles that have enabled Glen Bradley to unify all kinds of North Carolina Republicans since 2009.

Glen Bradley is a former US Marine, attended Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and served as the Worship Leader and the Adult Sunday School Teacher for New Life Baptist Church.

I was going for the Marine and Church thing as contributing to the principles, but the above certainly flows better.

Natural Citizen
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
I need to get an 'approval' before sending to the printer to be in their hands by June 1, so I am trying to have it perfected by morning Wish you would have shared this earlier. I've been known to scribble up a lecture/white paper here and there. Worse case scenario you toss it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I think technology is more of a map to a level playing field than advantage which changes the gist of your brochure but what you have still serves it's purpose for the indended audience, I suppose.

I'd find a way to throw in the term "applied science" in what you have some place already though. There must be a ism in there some place to place it into context.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
At the bottom of the first page, perhaps It should read, "Glen Bradley is the only choice for victory with principle.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
I had considered that, but I was of the opinion that it may be a double-edge sword. On the other hand, you have won an election while I have not, so I will defer to you in this strategic decision.

Ehh, it really is a double edged sword, but it traditionally works. There is an old saying when you don't know what you are doing, baffle them with BS. Problem is I DO know what I'm doing, so some of them could think I'm trying to BS it.

I should probably look for things to cut out of that list such that it still demonstrates the breadth and depth of my expertise to the technologists who actually care about it...

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
OK,

perfect!

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
There is an old saying when you don't know what you are doing, baffle them with BS.

I'm assuming that is an old Marine saying? ;)

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
OK, here's what I did:

I was going for the Marine and Church thing as contributing to the principles, but the above certainly flows better.

I really like that! I knew the Marine and Church thing added to principles in the character sense but you hadn't mentioned it in the main discussion...

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
The last suggestion I have for you to consider is on the page about Republican Growth I wouldn't use the term 'and Survival' even though I know what you mean, it just isn't very upbeat. Maybe Republican Rejuvenation or something? (I'm partial to r3VOLution, but perhaps we shouldn't go there....) ... I'm sure there's a better word...

Endurance?

then I would leave out minority outreach, right now that sounds like a buzz word for supporting the Rubio immigration plan. I think you mean that you got a higher share of votes by members of minority groups voting for you than others did in NC, and if that is what you mean, I would say that. Something like 'Glen Bradley's message appeals to millennials and minorities, as shown by (breakdown of your vote?), groups that the NC GOP needs to engage to win.... or whatever.

Well, minority outreach is a big, big deal in the state right now, and I have it more than anybody else. I'm not sure how else to put it. I already have the explanation of the vote in the Program Ad. And it can't be MY message, it has to be OUR COMMON message. So I see what you are saying, I'm not sure that can be much improved. I don't think we'll have to worry about it invoking Rubio's immigration plan though. This has been a keystone of the entire race thus far.

I like the rest. I wasn't trying to rain on your first page, I just liked the forceful position and was trying to imho make it punchier since it is the first thing people will read.

But this is great, Glen!

Not at all! You can't perfect stuff like this by yourself, you get too close to it and you can't really see it any more. Thanks for the help!

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
At the bottom of the first page, perhaps It should read, "Glen Bradley is the only choice for victory with principle.

I like that better, and if a third party were presenting it, it would be great. Question is will this audience see that as cutting down others? How about 'true' instead of only?

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Glen Bradley is a strict construction Constitutionalist, which means that Glen Bradley believes the Constitution means what it says. The Constitution does not divide us, it unites us, and motivates us, and the Constitutional message is how we win General Elections. These are the principles that have enabled Glen Bradley to unify all kinds of North Carolina Republicans since 2009.

Some suggestions:

Glen Bradley is a strict construction Constitutionalist, which means that Glen Bradley believes the Constitution means what it says, as written by our Founding Fathers. The Constitution does not divide us, it unites and motivates us, and the Constitutional Message, the Republican Message, is how we win General Elections. These are the principles that have enabled Glen Bradley to unify diverse North Carolina Republicans since 2009.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Endurance?

I was thinking of something more active, juggernaut-ish, not so much survive and endure but regenerate and conquer the world! (Or at least North Carolina...)

Well, minority outreach is a big, big deal in the state right now, and I have it more than anybody else. I'm not sure how else to put it. I already have the explanation of the vote in the Program Ad. And it can't be MY message, it has to be OUR COMMON message. So I see what you are saying, I'm not sure that can be much improved. I don't think we'll have to worry about it invoking Rubio's immigration plan though. This has been a keystone of the entire race thus far.

Well, that's an even better idea! How about something like...

'Our Republican message of Constitutional liberty appeals to millennials and minority voters, groups we need to engage (or attract)....'

It is just the specific words 'minority outreach' that seems like sliding something under the table... because those exact words are used so often by the Gang of 8. But it is your presentation, and you know the people, so I'm sure you have a better feeling for what is needed there than I do.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Wish you would have shared this earlier. I've been known to scribble up a lecture/white paper here and there. Worse case scenario you toss it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I think technology is more of a map to a level playing field than advantage which changes the gist of your brochure but what you have still serves it's purpose for the indended audience, I suppose.

I'd find a way to throw in the term "applied science" in what you have some place already though. There must be a ism in there some place to place it into context.

It's ALL about audience. This wouldn't look anything like this for the RP crowd, and it would be entirely different still for an academic crowd. These people really don't want to hear anything about science. "Science" is a word that liberals use to beat them about the head and try to make them look stupid. As such, it has come to take on a lot of negative baggage. Sadly.

They know technology needs to be a big thing, even if they do not understand the technology. Too much into ism and science is elitist and would make me look like a liberal in their eyes.

It's all about tuning the message to the audience that is reading it.

phill4paul
05-28-2013, 08:17 PM
I was thinking of something like this for the fifth paragraph. Also, perhaps the "M" in "Republican Message" could be capitalized throughout in order to add emphasis to the term?

We must utilize alternative news sources such as Reddit, Google, Digg, and the blogospheres to spread the Republican Message to the Internet generation in order to combat the unprincipled [if you are principled, your opponents must be unprincipled], biased, and liberal mainstream media which has served as a lapdog for Big Government. Only Glenn Bradley has the proven principle and resolve to achieve victory.

Perhaps.

liberal mainstream media which has served as a lapdog for Big Government.

liberal mainstream media which has served as a bullhorn for Big Government.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM

Most of this adopted. 'Lapdog for big government' being a bit incendiary for the convention crowd, and demanding exclusivity (ONLY Glen...) cuts against the unity message which has been the staple message since day one. It's been effective enough that the two other candidates running against the unity message have cut their own throats. So I have to be very careful with the hot coal I've wrangled that it doesn't burn myself.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Perhaps.

I like that.

but I think I've lost track of the original language on that point, at this point. OK, it was 'bypass the biased and liberal mainstream media...'

I like that too. You're pulling in a common resentment to liberal media there.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:19 PM

I like that better, and if a third party were presenting it, it would be great. Question is will this audience see that as cutting down others? How about 'true' instead of only?

maybe best choice

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
maybe best choice

I'm back to liking clear... :p

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:23 PM
It's Reagan, I know, but I was thinking of something like this:

Benjamin Franklin had said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." While we Republicans are resolutely united in purpose and principle, we have become too divided on the details - divided enough to undermine our efforts at winning elections. Now, more than ever before, we need to hang together in order for Republican principle to meet Republican victory!.

The end also ties-in your title on the top right of the page.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Most of this adopted. 'Lapdog for big government' being a bit incendiary for the convention crowd, and demanding exclusivity (ONLY Glen...) cuts against the unity message which has been the staple message since day one. It's been effective enough that the two other candidates running against the unity message have cut their own throats. So I have to be very careful with the hot coal I've wrangled that it doesn't burn myself.

In retrospect, I agree whole-heartedly.

Anti Federalist
05-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks brother, we've been doing gangbusters raising money, I'm running a bit late on the design so I don't know about getting it in in time for offset. If I can get it into offset with a turnaround time fast enough we won't. If I have to run through a quick printer I might. I will keep y'all advised.

OK, keep me posted.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I was thinking of something more active, juggernaut-ish, not so much survive and endure but regenerate and conquer the world! (Or at least North Carolina...)

I was thinking the same thing.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Revision 7, 645.5kb PDF

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest7.pdf

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:31 PM

Benjamin Franklin had said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." While we Republicans are resolutely united in purpose and principle, we have become too divided on the details - divided enough to undermine our efforts at winning elections. Now, more than ever before, we need to hang together in order for Republican principle to meet Republican victory!.

I do like Republican principle to meet Republican victory. Alliteration is good.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
to combat the unprincipled, biased, and liberal mainstream media.

It just needs some commas.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:35 PM

I like it, I think it would be best as an addition instead of a replacement, which means I need to shrink the tech section a couple lines to make the Franklin quote fit alongside the Reagan quote.

Also, that page is actually two different pages. Think tabloid sized paper folded with the other page on the inside, the one with my picture being the front page, and the tech section and unity section being the back page.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:35 PM
there is something wrong with the first letter of this paragraph:

The principles that bind and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined in the US and NC State
Constitutions. It is strict adherence to these founding documents and the principles therein that
will inspire our party to victory at the polls. At a time when government has strayed far from these
principles, strict adherence to our Constitutions becomes not just a touchstone for Republican voters,
but for Americans of every party to vote with us and assure the preservation of the principles which
define us as a nation.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:39 PM
"Glen Bradley for Republican Growth and Manifest Destiny." :p

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Revision 8 - Screen Resolution - 640.9kb PDF

http://glenbradley.net/share/handouttest8.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:45 PM
there is something wrong with the first letter of this paragraph:

Just fixed it. :) Thanks!

TER
05-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Gunny, you are lucky to have so many friends here! God bless you my friend!

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Um, I seriously do like 'is the clear choice' better then 'is the best choice'.....

Clear seems more precise. Your call, but I think you had it right the first time.

but with or without that, it looks great!!

Knock 'em dead!

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Full print resolution post-collaboration Convention Handout 3.9MB PDF

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout.pdf

(still open to improvements from here if something really catches the eye) :)

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Um, I seriously do like 'is the clear choice' better then 'is the best choice'.....

Clear seems more precise. Your call, but I think you had it right the first time.

I kind of agree, and am going back to that now

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
I am replacing the full res file linked above, so if someone was in the process of downloading it a minute ago it probably broke. It should work now.

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Gunny, you are lucky to have so many friends here! God bless you my friend!

I couldn't agree more! Thanks, and God bless you too!

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:57 PM
"Glen Bradley for Republican Growth and Manifest Destiny." :p

ROFL! they'd probably like that TOO much, after all, isn't Wilson the establishmentarian model nowadays??

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
We are told all too often that we can have principles or victory, but never both. We are told that to ensure victory in the General Elections must slide to the left until there appears to be no difference between Republicans and the Democrats we are fighting to remove. This, of course, is nonsense. We do not win by moderating our principles, moderating our principles is how we lose.

There are those who would attempt to convince us that we can only achieve victory at the cost of principle. We are told that to ensure victory in the General Elections, we must adapt leftwing policies to such an extent that the apparent differences between Republicans, and the Democrats we must defend against, become increasingly murky. There can be no true victory if we were to sacrifice our sacred honor. Furthermore, we do not win elections by sacrificing our principles; indeed, that is precisely why we lose.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm uploading a last revision to the print quality version, I tweaked the image and wrap so that the words "lost overwhelmingly" didn't braket my picture on the bottom.

Weston White
05-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Looks great, my few suggestions:

Bump the Republican Unity paragraph above the Technological Advantage one.
Crop or resize your photo a bit to permit for an additional sentence or two (and/or place a bit of a shaded border around it to balance it out).
Perhaps (only if advantageous) reduce each statistics graph by about 1/3 to make room for one additional prospectus.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:08 PM
There are those who would attempt to convince us that we can only achieve victory at the cost of principle. We are told that to ensure victory in the General Elections, we must adapt leftwing policies to such an extent that the apparent differences between Republicans, and the Democrats we must defend against, become increasingly murky. There can be no true victory if we were to sacrifice our sacred honor. Furthermore, we do not win elections by sacrificing our principles; indeed, that is precisely why we lose.

Tweaked and adopted.

Screen Resolution 648.6k

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout2.pdf

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:12 PM
At the same time, to win on principle, we have to explain those principles to voters in ways that attract them and will not alienate them from supporting Republicans in the election.

However, in order to achieve victory with principle, we must spread the Republican Message in such a way that inspires voters rather than alienating them from supporting Republican candidates.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Looks great, my few suggestions:

Bump the Republican Unity paragraph above the Technological Advantage one.
Crop or resize your photo a bit to permit for an additional sentence or two (and/or place a bit of a shaded border around it to balance it out).
Perhaps (only if advantageous) reduce each statistics graph by about 1/3 to make room for one additional prospectus.

Good call on the unity section

Reuploaded a full print resolution version to add a drop shadow on the image. Not sure what kind of border would work. If more text space is needed, there's half a dozen different methods available. (I'm using InDesign CS6)

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout3.pdf 3.8MB PDF

Aye, the graphs would still be readable at 66%, but I'm not sure what more information would be helpful. There's already a lot of information presented in the handout.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:22 PM
However, in order to achieve victory with principle, we must spread the Republican Message in such a way that inspires voters rather than alienating them from supporting Republican candidates.

535.3k screen res revision

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout4.pdf

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
We are Republicans because we subscribe to shared principles. As Republicans we are inspired to overwhelm the polls precisely when and because our candidates and our party are fighting for what is right and true. We saw what happened this year when Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky stood up on Constitutional Principle to face down the Obama Administration. Republicans, Conservatives, and Americans over the entire spectrum were inspired to stand with Rand. Had the 2016 election been held on that day, Obama would have lost overwhelmingly.

We are Republicans because we adhere to shared, conservative principles. As Republicans, we are drawn to the polls precisely because our candidates, and our Party, are fighting for what is right and true. We have witnessed our strength this year when Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky stood on Constitutional Principle to face the Obama Administration. Republicans, Conservatives, and Americans where inspired to "Stand with Rand." Had the 2016 election been held on that unifying day, Obama would have been overwhelmingly defeated.

Ender
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I am constantly involved in PR and advertising.

You want your people to know what is up with one look; less is more- ALWAYS.

My advice is the KISS principle: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Hit them big with the best pics and info you have and keep the writing to a minimum.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
The principles that bind and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined in the US and NC State Constitutions. It is strict adherence to these founding documents and the principles therein that will inspire our party to victory at the polls. At a time when government has strayed far from these principles, strict adherence to our Constitutions becomes not just a touchstone for Republican voters, but for Americans of every party to vote with us and assure the preservation of the principles which define us as a nation.

The principles that unite and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined in the U.S. and NC State Constitutions. Only strict adherance to our founding documents and principles will achieve a meaningful victory. During a time in which the government has strayed far from these principles, remaining faithful to our Constitutions becomes not just a touchstone for Republican voters, but for all Americans to vote with us and ensure the preservation of the principles upon which our Great Nation were founded and had flourished.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I am constantly involved in PR and advertising.

You want your people to know what is up with one look; less is more- ALWAYS.

My advice is the KISS principle: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Hit them big with the best pics and info you have and keep the writing to a minimum.

There is no way I can start from scratch now. Also, this is not like direct mail or a magazine. The delegates will be sitting there for 5-6 hours with this thing in their hands and nothing much to do.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
There is no way I can start from scratch now. Also, this is not like direct mail or a magazine. The delegates will be sitting there for 5-6 hours with this thing in their hands and nothing much to do.

Also, I'd imagine that the sort of people that would even be present at such an event just might have a higher attention span than the average person. Just maybe.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:42 PM
The principles that unite and inspire us as Republicans are enshrined in the U.S. and NC State Constitutions. Only strict adherance to our founding documents and principles will achieve a meaningful victory. During a time in which the government has strayed far from these principles, remaining faithful to our Constitutions becomes not just a touchstone for Republican voters, but for all Americans to vote with us and ensure the preservation of the principles upon which our Great Nation were founded and had flourished.

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout5.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Also, I'd imagine that the sort of people that would even be present at such an event just might have a higher attention span than the average person. Just maybe.

Not really, but they do pay a lot more attention to politics than the average Joe-voter. If this was a traditional advertising situation, he'd be 100% correct. Difference is here I have them completely captive for endless hours and hours and hours when they have nothing to do and need something to kill boredom. Their own pride in researching candidates will lead them to read the handout in the packet.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:46 PM
This has not been a major problem up to now, but Millennial share of the electorate is growing faster than any other generation.

This has not been a major problem until recently, but the Millennials' influence on elections is growing faster than that of any other generation.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
And my at-a-glance one is a full page ad in the program

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Make sure that when the United States is abbreviated, it is consistently U.S. or US. I had accidentally introduced an inconsistency when I had referenced the U.S. Constitution, while at the bottom of the first page you state that you were a US Marine. I prefer U.S., but as long as you're consistent it won't matter.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:50 PM
This has not been a major problem until recently, but the Millennials' influence on elections is growing faster than that of any other generation.

Good call, adopted.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Make sure that when the United States is abbreviated, it is consistently U.S. or US. I had accidentally introduced an inconsistency when I had referenced the U.S. Constitution, while at the bottom of the first page you state that you were a US Marine. I prefer U.S., but as long as you're consistent it won't matter.

I took it back to US Constitution. It's consistent with NC, and you never use periods in NC.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Handout revision 6 screen res 652.9kb PDF

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout6.pdf

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 10:05 PM
The Millennial Generation wants to see less spending, lower taxes, smaller government, and fewer regulations, and yet they overwhelmingly vote Democrat in elections. We are winning the battle of ideas amongst the Millennial Generation, but losing the war for elections. This has not been a real problem until recently, but the Millennials’ influence on elections is growing faster than that of any other generation. By 2024, the Millennials will have claimed a 30% plurality of the electorate, and will openly dictate the outcome of elections.

Contrary to common stereotypes, the Millenial Generation actually shares a common cause with the Republican Party. The majority of them advocate less spending, lower taxes, smaller government, and fewer regulations, yet they overwhelmingly vote for Democrats during elections. This has not been a real problem until recently, but the Millennials’ influence on elections is growing faster than that of any other generation. By 2024, the Millennials will have claimed a 30% plurality of the electorate, and will openly dictate the outcome of future elections. We are clearly winning the battle of ideas amongst the Millenial Generation, but we have failed to articulate the Republican Message in such away that achieves unity based on principle.

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Why do Millennials think like Conservative Republicans but vote Democrat? First, we fail to reach out to the younger generation, and then when we do, they do not trust us to tell the truth. This has to change, or we will leave to our children and our grandchildren an anemic minority Republican Party, and a liberal/progressive domination of our elections in the State and around the nation.

One of the reasons Millenials share Conservative Republican values, but vote for Democrats, is that they do not trust the Party. This is the consequence of sacrificing principle for the sake of victory. This truth must change, or we will leave our our children and grandchildren in the grip of liberal, progressive dominance which will sweep through the State of North Carolina and the entire nation. The destiny of the Republican Party, Conservatism, and Constitutional supremacy will be determined by our descendants. Therefore, we must ensure that younger generations are inspired by our commitment to principle. Then, and only then, can we achieve a lasting victory.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Contrary to common stereotypes, the Millenial Generation actually shares a common cause with the Republican Party. The majority of them advocate less spending, lower taxes, smaller government, and fewer regulations, yet they overwhelmingly vote for Democrats during elections. This has not been a real problem until recently, but the Millennials’ influence on elections is growing faster than that of any other generation. By 2024, the Millennials will have claimed a 30% plurality of the electorate, and will openly dictate the outcome of future elections. We are clearly winning the battle of ideas amongst the Millenial Generation, but we have failed to articulate the Republican Message in such away that achieves unity based on principle.

rev 7 http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout7.pdf

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 10:23 PM
One of the reasons Millenials share Conservative Republican values, but vote for Democrats, is that they do not trust the Party. This is the consequence of sacrificing principle for the sake of victory. This truth must change, or we will leave our our children and grandchildren in the grip of liberal, progressive dominance which will sweep through the State of North Carolina and the entire nation. The destiny of the Republican Party, Conservatism, and Constitutional supremacy will be determined by our descendants. Therefore, we must ensure that younger generations are inspired by our commitment to principle. Then, and only then, can we achieve a lasting victory.

Every revision is adding text. I've run completely out of wiggle room. I'll need to make adjustments to fit this...

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Rev 8 screen res

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout8.pdf

Philhelm
05-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, I'm running out of steam...I'm not as tireless as Glenn F'ing Bradley! I am honored to have been able to assist you in some small way. Thank you, and good luck.

Weston White
05-28-2013, 10:49 PM

I felt compelled to write my take, so here is what I crafted:

Moreover, by refusing to alienate voters, we overpower bipartisanship and divisiveness—effectively expanding our base; instead providing principled explanations, while attracting support for their Republican constituents.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, I'm running out of steam...I'm not as tireless as Glenn F'ing Bradley! I am honored to have been able to assist you in some small way. Thank you, and good luck.

Thanks for all your help!

Here is the current (thus far) revision at print resolution

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout9.pdf 3.8MB 600DPI PDF

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I felt compelled to write my take, so here is what I crafted:

Moreover, by refusing to alienate voters, we overpower bipartisanship and divisiveness—effectively expanding our base; instead providing principled explanations, while attracting support for their Republican constituents.

I think we are 15 revisions past the original now. That paragraph is entirely different now. Here is a screen resolution version of the latest revision:

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout9scrn.pdf 652.7kb 96DPI PDF

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Also, we are pretty much at max text volume, so if possible any further revisions will need to reduce the amount of text rather than increase it.

Weston White
05-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Cool, the shadow was a nice touch.

Just for additional chart ideas (although might be too time consuming): expanding costs associated public education; the real hidden costs and dangers of Obama and Pelosi’s PPACA; the ongoing (and undeclared) numerous wars, increasing financial costs, and soldier death and suicide tolls; increasing use of drones and related collateral damage in "battle"; increasing secrecy of the DHS and TSA, ammo, weapons, and military equipment buildup/stockpiling, expanding operations all across the USA; the real numbers on firearms based upon FBI statistics over the last decade or so (i.e., the more guns owned by lawful citizens the less gun related crime there is).

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Cool, the shadow was a nice touch.

Just for additional chart ideas (although might be too time consuming): expanding costs associated public education; the real hidden costs and dangers of Obama and Pelosi’s PPACA; the ongoing (and undeclared) numerous wars, increasing financial costs, and soldier death and suicide tolls; increasing use of drones and related collateral damage in "battle"; increasing secrecy of the DHS and TSA, ammo, weapons, and military equipment buildup/stockpiling, expanding operations all across the USA; the real numbers on firearms based upon FBI statistics over the last decade or so (i.e., the more guns owned by lawful citizens the less gun related crime there is).

Those are good charts, and ones I will be heavily invested in for outreach. For the purposes of this handout though I'm focusing on why the delegates need ME, specifically. I'm the only one that brings the 18-34s, and that's the plain truth. One of my challengers is telling people that we don't want the millennial generation, which is insanity IMHO. Another doesn't care, and the other refuses to give it a second thought.

I am focusing on why we need to attract the next generation, and how I'm the only guy who can do that.

Once I've secured party influence, then I will be working on articulating the principles for the members, at which point the charts you mention will be top priority.

Weston White
05-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Alright, how about something like this:

Social Networking: http://pewinternet.org/Commentary/2012/March/Pew-Internet-Social-Networking-full-detail.aspx
Internet Demographics: http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data-(Adults)/Whos-Online.aspx
2000-2010 Internet Age-group Usage: http://pewinternet.org/Infographics/2010/Internet-acess-by-age-group-over-time-Update.aspx

Trend Data Links: http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data-(Adults).aspx
Article with charts: http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/youngest-americans-are-the-most-politically-active-on-social-networking-sites/

Voting Demographics: http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_12.html

TaftFan
05-28-2013, 11:34 PM
You need to bring up Ted Cruz. Mentioning his name gives Republicans butterflies inside, and I admit I am a huge fan as well.

They will associate you with Cruz and decide they need to cast a vote for you.

EX:
"Glen Bradley is a steadfast conservative Republican in the mold of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul."
(Maybe put this as a caption under your photo?)

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 11:43 PM

Social Networking: http://pewinternet.org/Commentary/2012/March/Pew-Internet-Social-Networking-full-detail.aspx
Internet Demographics: http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data-(Adults)/Whos-Online.aspx
2000-2010 Internet Age-group Usage: http://pewinternet.org/Infographics/2010/Internet-acess-by-age-group-over-time-Update.aspx

Article with charts: http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/youngest-americans-are-the-most-politically-active-on-social-networking-sites/

This is some seriously golden information. I know I will be drawing from this when compiling my speech. I'll have to think about how this data may affect the handout. I'm already at the Too Much Information threshhold, to incorporate something like this I'll have to remove information.

But, 67% going online to check social media or a government website, 71% to watch a video (that's important!), 78% for news (hot damn!), and I can even talk about 81% of adult internet users going online to check the weather, so we should advert on weather sites to increase bang for buck.

That's good solid doggone data right there.

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 11:43 PM

This is some seriously golden information. I know I will be drawing from this when compiling my speech. I'll have to think about how this data may affect the handout. I'm already at the Too Much Information threshhold, to incorporate something like this I'll have to remove information.

But, 67% going online to check social media or a government website, 71% to watch a video (that's important!), 78% for news (hot damn!), and I can even talk about 81% of adult internet users going online to check the weather, so we should advert on weather sites to increase bang for buck.

That's good solid doggone data right there.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 11:51 PM
That is great information!

At some point you need to get enough sleep to read it in the morning with fresh eyes....

I bet you have the best handout there, though!

GunnyFreedom
05-28-2013, 11:59 PM
You need to bring up Ted Cruz. Mentioning his name gives Republicans butterflies inside, and I admit I am a huge fan as well.

They will associate you with Cruz and decide they need to cast a vote for you.

EX:
"Glen Bradley is a steadfast conservative Republican in the mold of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul."
(Maybe put this as a caption under your photo?)

I actually have Cruz pictured in my "proof of tradition" montage

A name-drop like that may go very well in my speech, which I am still developing.

TaftFan
05-29-2013, 12:00 AM
I actually have Cruz pictured in my "proof of tradition" montage

A name-drop like that may go very well in my speech, which I am still developing.
That works too!

Weston White
05-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Alright, I think the newest revision is very well done; although if needed, the profile image could be cropped along the bottom slightly, so as to afford a few extra half-lines of text (which might be good to do anyway, being that that lone sentence under the image appears a bit awkward there by itself, at least in my opinion).

GunnyFreedom
05-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Alright, I think the newest revision is very well done; although if needed, the profile image could be cropped along the bottom slightly, so as to afford a few extra half-lines of text (which might be good to do anyway, being that that lone sentence under the image appears a bit awkward there by itself, at least in my opinion).

Something like this?

http://glenbradley.net/share/ConventionHandout10scrn.pdf

(Screen res not print res)

Weston White
05-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes sir. That I think makes it more balanced (and can be a means to provide extra room or padding if it's really needed). I think the GOP is ready for their NC nominee. :D

Weston White
05-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Man alive! It is scary how many people do not even have an opinion, even on such basic issues.

GunnyFreedom
05-29-2013, 02:14 PM
OK, keep me posted.

I asked (and got) the approval expedited so that I could get it in in time for offset. I got an obscenely good price for 1800 prints to be delivered Monday afternoon. (it helps to have good relationships with companies...)

What ended up costing $350 would have cost $2700 if I didn't make it in time for offset.

GunnyFreedom
05-31-2013, 09:14 PM
They came back faster than I've ever seen offset printing come back, and they are gorgeous!

I am very happy with the cost, quality, and the turnaround.

You can't actually see the quality in a crappy low-light iPhone 3 camera, but here it is anyway:

http://glenbradley.net/images/share/handoutsphoto.png