PDA

View Full Version : Prior IRS Commish visited White House exactly ONCE

kathy88
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/05/27/a-frequent-visitor-to-the-white-house-irs-scandal/

The Washington Examiner reported on Monday that Mark Everson, Commissioner of Internal Revenue from 2003 to 2007, during the Bush administration, visited the White House exactly once while in office. Indeed he felt like he’d “moved to Siberia” so out of the ordinary political loop was he. But Douglas Shulman, Commissioner from 2008 to 2012, during the Obama administration, visited the White House 118 times just in 2010 and 2011. His successor, Steven Miller, also visited “numerous” times.

More at link

Lucille
06-03-2013, 03:10 PM
But Douglas Shulman, Commissioner from 2008 to 2012, during the Obama administration, visited the White House 118 times just in 2010 and 2011

Wife of Former IRS Head Advises Liberal Group
http://reason.com/24-7/2013/06/03/wife-of-former-irs-head-advises-liberal

The former IRS commissioner who ran the agency when it was singling out conservative groups is married to a senior adviser for a prominent left-leaning political organization focused largely on campaign finance reform.

Ex-Commissioner Douglas Shulman, who faced a tough round of questioning by Congress last month on the IRS scandal, has denied knowing that the agency targeted Tea Party groups between 2010 and 2012. But he faced new questions following a report that he visited the White House, or the adjacent executive office buildings, at least 157 times during the Obama administration.

Amid the scrutiny, it turns out his wife, Susan L. Anderson, is a senior program adviser for the Washington-based group Public Campaign.
[...]
When the scandal over the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups broke, Public Campaign also appeared to defend the tax agency.

What an amazing coincidence.

angelatc
06-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I want to gouge my eyes out, but the pragmatic in me wonders if the White House visits were related to Obamacare.

WM_in_MO
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
We knew it was bad, now we just know the specifics. TITW

AlexAmore
06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt for a second.

If Obama didn't know about the IRS's targeting, the DOJ's spying, DEA's gun running, State Department's lying about the Bhengazi video and ignoring pleas for help. Then is this an argument for bigger government or smaller government?

I can't wait to propose this question to liberals at my family gathering this week.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, these Marxist clowns are getting smart not to leave paper or electronic trails...

If I'm on that committee, I'm getting every record of the IRS, TEA Party/Conservative Groups complaints/applications, and White House records.

I'd ask Douglas Shulman about each and every one of the 157 visits he made to the WH/Obama.

You all know this is 2010/2012 elections fraud by the Obama Regime and they used every bit of the IRS's power to stifle conservative/anyone... but liberal-progressives oriented groups.

The concerns I have is how embedded establishment crony politicians like; John Boehner, Eric Cantor, etc will just do the typical Kabuki Theater for the cameras and audiences, then it all disappears under the carpet... just like Libya and Tampa's RNC rigged convention.

Still burns me up those National Press Club Kabuki Theater by Shulmann and the press... worthless questioning and a chummy environment between them all.

LibertyEagle
06-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I want to gouge my eyes out, but the pragmatic in me wonders if the White House visits were related to Obamacare.

Yeah, me too.