PDA

View Full Version : Chrstie appearing with embattled Obama AGAIN

Warlord
05-28-2013, 05:31 AM
Whenever Obama's in trouble he can always count on appearing with Christie.

I mean jeez... is this guy even a Republican? He's done enough to ensure his re-election yet he's still helping the embattled president! !!

-
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is looking to get his groove back — at the beach.

A post-Hurricane Sandy tour of the New Jersey coast line on Tuesday, gives the president a chance for a three-point play that can move him ahead of the recent controversies that have dogged the White House. With New Jersey’s Republican Gov. Chris Christie at Obama’s side, effective government, bipartisanship and economic opportunity will be the unmistakable message in the face of the coastal recovery.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/05/obama_to_take_post-sandy_tour.html#incart_river

h/t DRUDGE (http://www.drudgereport.com)

CPUd
05-28-2013, 06:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pprbdTQ.jpg

nobody's_hero
05-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Nat. disasters are kind of tough. If you welcome the president and you're a gov' of the opposing party, then you're sucking up. Shun the president and you're a partisan hack.

I'm more enraged by Christie's a**-hattery on the 2nd amendment. Well not really enraged. He's a NJ republican politician, so I can't say I was expecting anything different.

osan
05-28-2013, 07:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pprbdTQ.jpg

GOOOOOOOOOD doggie. Good GOOD doggie.

Root
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/12827228-mmmain.jpg

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Those two are getting like Lindsay and McCain. People are going to start to talk...

osan
05-28-2013, 07:54 AM
http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/12827228-mmmain.jpg

JHust look at Bammy... THIS is a sitting president of the United States? He doesn't even look qualified to be a nit-louse dictator of some backwater African shit hole. Doddering Ronald Reagan in his final days carried more panache than this poor wretch.

Oh, and Christie should gift some of his way-abundant fat to President Bulimia. That boy looks like he's about to slide down one of his own pant legs.

On a less jocular note, notice how clenched Bammy's jaw is. He's a nervous wreck. Perhaps Christie's breath stinks and Bammy's dying to get out of there??

Root
05-28-2013, 08:33 AM
JHust look at Bammy... THIS is a sitting president of the United States? He doesn't even look qualified to be a nit-louse dictator of some backwater African shit hole. Doddering Ronald Reagan in his final days carried more panache than this poor wretch.

Oh, and Christie should gift some of his way-abundant fat to President Bulimia. That boy looks like he's about to slide down one of his own pant legs.

On a less jocular note, notice how clenched Bammy's jaw is. He's a nervous wreck. Perhaps Christie's breath stinks and Bammy's dying to get out of there??
I think he's just nervous Christie might get hungry and eat him. :D

CaptUSA
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I mean jeez... is this guy even a Republican? In short? No. He is a convert waiting to happen. Christie will switch parties at the opportune moment to embarass the GOP. He will say how far they have drifted from his idea of what a mainstream republican is, and he will throw his weight behind whatever democratic politician will get him the most shiny things.

Right now, Christie is a Democrat with a winning lottery ticket just waiting to be cashed in.

Root
05-28-2013, 09:11 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/312212_619714311374880_2127770490_n.jpg

How cute, they even dress alike.

rpfocus
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
LOL and yet Christie is the best hope for Republicans to win in 2016. Personally, I'm glad Christie thinks for himself. The dirty tricks and shenanigans during the primaries proved beyond all doubt that Republican leadership is about is crooked as they come. In 2 years, If there is no Libertarian candidate I can stomach voting for (sorry Gary, no thanks) I'll write in Ron Paul again and wait for Hillary's inauguration.

Nate SY
05-28-2013, 11:34 AM
He will say how far they have drifted from his idea of what a mainstream republican is, and he will throw his weight behind whatever democratic politician will get him the most shiny things.

And his weight is quite considerable.

Warlord
05-28-2013, 11:57 AM
LOL and yet Christie is the best hope for Republicans to win in 2016. Personally, I'm glad Christie thinks for himself. The dirty tricks and shenanigans during the primaries proved beyond all doubt that Republican leadership is about is crooked as they come. In 2 years, If there is no Libertarian candidate I can stomach voting for (sorry Gary, no thanks) I'll write in Ron Paul again and wait for Hillary's inauguration.

Fatso is not their best bet. Millions of actual conservatives and lovers of liberty will simply not show up if he's their nominee. Rand is their best bet otherwise yes, it's Hillary and more of the same for the next 8 years.

Root
05-28-2013, 12:49 PM
awwww... look at the cute teddy bear Christie gave Obama. Bffs.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/983880_469096173166720_266558047_n.jpg

Christian Liberty
05-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm not convinced people love liberty enough for Rand (I'm not addressing those who aren't voting for Rand because he's not libertarian enough here, but those who think he's too libertarian): I think we'll get another statist, but I guess time will tell. Most of the conservatives I've talked to like Rand, but these are the kinds of people who are genuine fiscal and social conservatives, not "war everywhere" conservatives or moderate "conservatives"... I don't know that many real moderates.

Christian Liberty
05-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Regarding Christie, I don't like him at all, but I'm not sure why his association with Obama is a problem as such. Admittedly, I see little to like about Obama, but I could say the same about Christie. Ron Paul no doubt finds Kucinich's positions on domestic government to be awful, yet he still associates with him in the RPI. If Christie and Obama have common ground, I have no issue (Again, as such, I have issues with pretty much everything Barack Obama, and the Republican Party for that matter, stand for) with them working together on those issues. I may like hyper-partisanship since I'm an anti-government fanatic (Well, maybe not for this forum:p) but its not necessarily very good for the intellectual well being of the country.

I REALLY thought the GOP was being stupid when they criticized Christie after Sandy for appearing next to Obama. By all means, tear him up on his stupid price gouging policy, but I really don't expect him to play politics where saving lives are at stake. I don't even like FEMA, but I have no problem with him taking the money while it exists, much like I'm taking financial aid for college even though I don't approve of government aid, or stealing money from a mafia thug is not immoral even though the mafia itself is immoral.

At least libertarians who make this critique are intellectually consistent, but its still silly IMO.

LibertyEagle
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm not convinced people love liberty enough for Rand (I'm not addressing those who aren't voting for Rand because he's not libertarian enough here, but those who think he's too libertarian): I think we'll get another statist, but I guess time will tell. Most of the conservatives I've talked to like Rand, but these are the kinds of people who are genuine fiscal and social conservatives, not "war everywhere" conservatives or moderate "conservatives"... I don't know that many real moderates.

This thread was about Christie, but ya never can miss an opportunity to slam Rand, can ya?

Christian Liberty
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM

I wasn't slaming Rand here, guys. I was trying NOT to slam anyone who is not voting for Rand because he's not libertarian enough (In their view) and was targeting my attack against those who believe Rand is too libertarian. I was deliberately trying to avoid a fight over Rand.

Christian Liberty
05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
I was responding to Warlord where he said Rand was the most viable Republican option, but I forgot to quote him so I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was bashing stupid idiots who will vote for candidates like Christie, Rubio, exc. Not Rand.
This thread was about Christie, but ya never can miss an opportunity to slam Rand, can ya?

rpfocus
05-28-2013, 03:40 PM
I wasn't slaming Rand here, guys. I was trying NOT to slam anyone who is not voting for Rand because he's not libertarian enough (In their view) and was targeting my attack against those who believe Rand is too libertarian. I was deliberately trying to avoid a fight over Rand.

You're safe. I didn't see your post as a Rand slam at all. Yet I do count myself among those who will not be voting for Rand.

osan
05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
I... was targeting my attack against those who believe Rand is too libertarian.

Just how much meth does one have to consume and in what time interval in order to honestly think Rand Paul is too libertarian?

That thought mystifies me.

Aratus
05-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Barack Obama as gone bipartisan warhawk so as to draw neocons to him
and Governor Christie seems so close to converting Democrat. Would our
sitting POTUS humour the idea of replacing Joe Biden with Chris Christie or
are we about to see a Clinton/Christie or Biden/Christie ticket in 2016???

enhanced_deficit
05-28-2013, 06:37 PM
They almost certainly have same major funders.

Lucille
05-30-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.madmagazine.com/blog/2013/05/29/obama-and-christie-jersey-shore-bffs

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/MAD-Magazine-Obama-Christie-Jersey-Shore-Photos.jpg

Warlord
05-30-2013, 10:32 AM
That's pretty funny... did they get some ice cream and candy floss too?