PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gardening with the grandsons

Paulatized
05-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Exercising his right to bare arms! (Tomatos already?)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/942684_10152469099706686_1614514554_n.jpg

PSYOP
05-27-2013, 06:46 PM
This man is more intellectually and physically fit than all of congress put together.

phill4paul
05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
He didn't get those vegetables from his garden! Just look at them. They are too clean. He obviously spent his millions at a local farmers market and threw them in a wagon. /shnaaaaaark.

Paulatized
05-27-2013, 06:58 PM
The oldest grandson sure does favor his granddaddy.

Working Poor
05-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Nice taters and biceps

Spoa
05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone know their names or who their parents are?

Sola_Fide
05-27-2013, 07:39 PM
It would have been awesome to see Ron come out in that blue tank top in one of the debates. He would have won by sheer intimidation!

robert68
05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
A great pic.

Draco33
05-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Just out of curiosity does anyone know their names or who their parents are?

I'm pretty sure they are his daughter Joy's kidos.

BSU kid
05-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Hopefully all 3 inherit his philosophy.

sailingaway
05-27-2013, 09:46 PM
He didn't get those vegetables from his garden! Just look at them. They are too clean. He obviously spent his millions at a local farmers market and threw them in a wagon. /shnaaaaaark.

I think those might be on the way OUT of his garden TO the farmer's market. Capitalist opportunity for the kids.

I remember some pictures of Ron with grandkids planting seeds some time back.

phill4paul
05-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I think those might be on the way OUT of his garden TO the farmer's market. Capitalist opportunity for the kids.

It's possible. Personally I think he has enough to feed. :D

sailingaway
05-27-2013, 09:51 PM
It's possible. Personally I think he has enough to feed. :D

there's that, but the harvest all comes at once and for a very short time you have too much.... even if it's just a single peach tree.

trey4sports
05-27-2013, 09:52 PM
yeah, the oldest one looks just like him!

Natural Citizen
05-27-2013, 10:23 PM
We should have a good old fashioned tomato growing contest here. Post pics of your harvest. I actually put my seeds in today. Or junior did.

I just kind of supervised since I was the one who cut out the sod and turned the dirt. :rolleyes:

But yes. That's a nice stash Ron and the youngins have there.

sailingaway
05-27-2013, 10:31 PM
We should have a good old fashioned tomato growing contest here. Post pics of your harvest. I actually put my seeds in today. Or junior did.

I just kind of supervised since I was the one who cut out the sod and turned the dirt. :rolleyes:

But yes. That's a nice stash Ron and the youngins have there.

I don't have tomatoes right now but I have a peach tree with peaches for the first time. I have to stake it because they all are growing on one side of the tree and the branch on that side is pulling the 'tree' over.... (barely big enough to call a tree to be honest. Six feet at the top of the tallest branch... maybe...) All the same, I'm very pleased with the peaches. The tree that was in the yard when I bought it (still is there) is white grapefruit, and I don't really understand why anyone would plant a white grapefruit tree....

phill4paul
05-27-2013, 10:39 PM
there's that, but the harvest all comes at once and for a very short time you have too much.... even if it's just a single peach tree.

Canning. No such thing as too much come December.

sailingaway
05-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Canning. No such thing as too much come December.

I'm thinking that. Jam is dead easy if I remember right. My grandmother used to make peach jam when I was little. It didn't look too hard. (Possibly famous last words...)

Natural Citizen
05-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I don't have tomatoes right now but I have a peach tree with peaches for the first time. I have to stake it because they all are growing on one side of the tree and the branch on that side is pulling the 'tree' over.... (barely big enough to call a tree to be honest. Six feet at the top of the tallest branch... maybe...) All the same, I'm very pleased with the peaches. The tree that was in the yard when I bought it (still is there) is white grapefruit, and I don't really understand why anyone would plant a white grapefruit tree....

You folks get to grow all of the neat stuff out there.

phill4paul
05-27-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking that. Jam is dead easy if I remember right. My grandmother used to make peach jam when I was little. It didn't look too hard. (Possibly famous last words...)

Not a hard thing to do. Cold canning will take one from summer to winter w/o any problems.

http://www.eastrow.org/cookbook/Canning.html

sailingaway
05-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Not a hard thing to do. Cold canning will take one from summer to winter w/o any problems.

http://www.eastrow.org/cookbook/Canning.html

bookmarked!

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 11:26 AM
People on twitter were commenting about his being in shape, but that picture still is behind the one last year with his granddaughter:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252718_10150208633031686_727408_n.jpg

Debbie Downer
05-28-2013, 11:42 AM

I hope he has the proper USDA-approved food handing training and Texas Department of Agriculture permits.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I hope he has the proper USDA-approved food handing training and Texas Department of Agriculture permits.

Do you really?

Debbie Downer
05-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Do you really?

Of course. I also hope he has an FDA-approved calorie count of all the produce he's selling.

sailingaway
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Of course. I also hope he has an FDA-approved calorie count of all the produce he's selling.

:rolleyes:

TaftFan
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
I think Dr. Paul should take up bodybuilding. He doesn't have to worry about fat, he can just back on the muscle. Obviously at his age he wouldn't get huge.

angelatc
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM

I made grape jelly and crabapple jelly once. It wasn't too hard. But peaches you can just slice and can as is. Yummy!

CPUd
05-29-2013, 06:58 PM
He mentioned the photo in the last interview with Lew Rockwell : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415889-Ron-Paul-Interview-With-Lew-Rockwell-Homeschooling-War-and-Banking-(Youtube-added)

He said he liked reading the comments.

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I made grape jelly and crabapple jelly once. It wasn't too hard. But peaches you can just slice and can as is. Yummy!

I don't actually eat that much jam, so that might be best.

.... OK now I'm wondering about brandied peaches. Suddenly my little tree, laden as it seems, may not have enough for all my plans...

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 07:02 PM
He mentioned the photo in the last interview with Lew Rockwell : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415889-Ron-Paul-Interview-With-Lew-Rockwell-Homeschooling-War-and-Banking-(Youtube-added)

He said he liked reading the comments.

He reads comments!!

I'm definitely going to write more of those now....although it may only be on family picture type stuff that he reads them, his facebook page is pretty much the wild west at times.