TaftFan
05-27-2013, 04:02 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/479036892173891/479038168840430/

Feel free to join in!

Admin note: The official site facebook page is found here:
https://www.facebook.com/LibertyForest

Warlord
05-27-2013, 04:03 PM
This is a good idea although Warlord detests Facebook.

GunnyFreedom
05-27-2013, 04:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/LibertyForest

♫ Whistles Dixie ♪

revned
05-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Just joined. Thanks for the approval.

JK/SEA
05-27-2013, 05:33 PM
But if i join, then you'll know my real name and how freaky i really am...:eek:

talkingpointes
05-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Exactly don't do this, stay connected through something else. Like here. wtf....

TaftFan
05-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Many of us have fake accounts, including myself.

kathy88
05-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Many of us have fake accounts, including myself.

You mean LL is not your real name? I am disappoint.

TaftFan
05-27-2013, 05:45 PM
You mean LL is not your real name? I am disappoint.

Nope, it's not. Though I recently modified it to Lionel Jefferson.

Warlord
05-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Why would anyone give FB their details? Warlord says screw them.

Henry Rogue
05-27-2013, 05:54 PM
RPF is my facebook. no time for any other.

talkingpointes
05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Why would anyone give FB their details? Warlord says screw them.

Cookies, IP, mac, location -- those things ?

puppetmaster
05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
No thanks

FrankRep
05-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Cookies, IP, mac, location -- those things ?
I'm pretty sure the government knows all that anyway.

James Madison
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM
This deserves a bump.

Come on, people! Join up!

Bryan
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
As Gunny noted, we have an official site FB page, I added the link in the OP to reduce possible confusion. We also do have a RPFs group but it's pretty dead.

sluggo
06-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I've blocked Fedbook and all of its extensions from every computer in my network because I'm a paranoid bastard.

green73
06-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Fuck Facebook.

Cap
06-11-2013, 08:26 PM
I'll pass.

KEEF
06-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Not a fan of facebook. Try to keep as much of my personal life off of the net.

bobbyw24
06-12-2013, 06:53 AM
I will alert the NSA

TaftFan
06-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Not a fan of facebook. Try to keep as much of my personal life off of the net.

Lots, if not most use fake accounts.

Debbie Downer
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM

I think we've seen how true this statement is.

compromise
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
I think we've seen how true this statement is.

I'm pretty sure they don't know about you.

Debbie Downer
06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't know about you.

That's only because I'm an enigma.

Todd
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM

Better way for NSA to get dirt on you and your freaky ways.

randomname
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
just so the NSA knows who to put on this shit list :D

DGambler
06-12-2013, 01:08 PM
No thanks, I don't even have a fake account

thoughtomator
06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
If this group doesn't have zero members, it's an epic fail

XTreat
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Now everyone will know how much stuff I steal from the forums and post to FB. I mean I literally just copy and paste all the wise or funny shit you guys say on here all the time.

NationalAnarchist
06-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I joined...

opal
06-12-2013, 06:08 PM
um.. no

I wonder.. do NSA employees get spied upon too?

I<3Liberty
07-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Bumping this thread and reemphasizing the need for a Google+ community. FB sucks. :rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
07-16-2013, 10:51 PM
um.. no

I wonder.. do NSA employees get spied upon too?

Having been in the intelligence community, I would have to say yes. And way more than we do.

James Madison
07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Bumping this thread and reemphasizing the need for a Google+ community. FB sucks. :rolleyes:

What is it you like about Google+ out of curiousity?

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 11:03 PM

The fact that no one uses it.

No stupid apps, no annoying notifications, no spamming, no annoying cat pictures, my boss doesn't know I use it...so much better to have a smaller social media network.

nayjevin
07-17-2013, 12:14 AM

Exactly... there's nothing I am capable of doing to avoid the brave new world. Except not being a terrorist.

jllundqu
07-17-2013, 09:48 AM

Same situation! Decisions decisions! lol

Roxi
07-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Personal thoughts about Facebook:

Because of Facebook I am able to maintain contact with family and friends I hadn't been in contact with for 10 years. I can see what they're up to, see my nieces and nephews on a daily basis, keep up with their lives. I loath talking on the phone, and can't hear when I do talk on it due to babies freaking out. I can do Facebook on my own time, and don't have people pissed at me for not wanting to be on the phone.

If TPTB want to know stuff about me they will know about me. Aside from living as a recluse and never using any type of electronic communication I have zero privacy anyway. If I'm out in the open with everyone on Facebook then it's much harder to implicate me in bullshit that I had nothing to do with (as has been the case with people who were private and "off the grid"). So fuck em. I'm gonna post what I want, and be transparent, and if they want to mess with me they're going to no matter what I do.

JK/SEA
07-17-2013, 01:20 PM
I was in the 'Family Group' on facebook.. Got banned because i'm not a fuckin' liberal and supported Ron Paul. Apparently the group took exception to a blood relative who is in fact a senior member in the rotten family tree who didn't tow the liberal line.

I found out there was a 'family' reunion a few weeks ago....yep...i wasn't invited. Boohoo....wait...boo fuckin' hoo. Trust me...they haven't heard the last from me....

I<3Liberty
07-17-2013, 05:19 PM

The whole layout and formats are so much better than FB. Check it out and see for yourself (especially the communities.) I also like the circle setup instead of “friending people.” For example: I do not talk about anything political or science-related (“nerd stuff”) in front of my non-nerdy friends because they would find it really weird. Some of them actually got all worked up when I wrote a status revealing who I voted for. No, it wasn't Obama. :rolleyes: At the same time, people from church, political, and science organizations I belong to will comment on jokes and statuses only close friends and people from my uni would understand. FB doesn’t let you put people in circles, so I end up with all the rubbish Eduardo mentioned (a news feed full of cat pictures, dumb memes, and 37 game requests) in edition to the friend issues.

With that, I do agree that it's kind of deserted compared to FB. This can be a good thing, though because most of the people that I have added to circles, added me, or within my communities, are more intellectual and share nerdy stuff instead of Farmville and gossip. :rolleyes:

Krzysztof Lesiak
07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I've been off Facebook for about a month now (needed a break), but once I get back on I'll request to join the group. I just hope it doesn't become a place for endless spam, which seems to be the case for a lot of Ron Paul/political FB groups.

chudrockz
07-18-2013, 11:42 AM

Because of Facebook I am able to maintain contact with family and friends I hadn't been in contact with for 10 years. I can see what they're up to, see my nieces and nephews on a daily basis, keep up with their lives. I loath talking on the phone, and can't hear when I do talk on it due to babies freaking out. I can do Facebook on my own time, and don't have people pissed at me for not wanting to be on the phone.

If TPTB want to know stuff about me they will know about me. Aside from living as a recluse and never using any type of electronic communication I have zero privacy anyway. If I'm out in the open with everyone on Facebook then it's much harder to implicate me in bullshit that I had nothing to do with (as has been the case with people who were private and "off the grid"). So fuck em. I'm gonna post what I want, and be transparent, and if they want to mess with me they're going to no matter what I do.

This is just about exactly how I feel. I mean, I know the government is comprised of a whole bunch of incompetant fuck-ups, but if I am not already near the top of their list for relocation to "reeducation camps" or something I'll be seriously disappointed. I am on FB, I don't use fake names, and if that moves me higher on the list so be it.

Applied for group membership.

:)

chudrockz
07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for letting me in. That was really quick!

Now to finish my popcorn and head back downstairs to work. Boo.

KCIndy
07-18-2013, 11:57 AM
No offense intended to anyone - serious question here - exactly what can we do there on Facebook that we can't already do here? Especially if most of the FB accounts are fake names anyway?

Shane Harris
07-18-2013, 10:05 PM

my thoughts as well

http://johnhancock.wikispaces.com/file/view/signature.jpg/125216211/signature.jpg

^ "come at me bro"