PDA

View Full Version : Trump has spent $1m on 'election research' for 2016

Warlord
05-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Donald Trump has spent $1 million on "electoral research," according to a report.

Trump told a GOP county dinner in Michigan last week that "everybody" tells him to "run for president." And just like he did before the 2000 and 2012 elections, Trump is musing about running for president.

“The electoral research was commissioned. We did not spend $1 million on this research for it just to sit on my bookshelf,” Trump's executive vice president and counsel Michael Cohen told The New York Post.

“At this point Mr. Trump has not made any decision on a political run, but what I would say is that he is exactly what this country needs. The turnout at these political speeches indicates his following remains very strong and is growing."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2013/05/report-trump-spends-m-on-research-164818.html?hp=l2

POLITICO are nagging Warlord to purchase a Press+ pass for 99c a day.

SCREW OFF POLITICO.

The average Afghan lives on $2/day and you want me to spend half of that so I can read your tripe?

Matt Collins
05-27-2013, 09:26 AM
He is only a threat if we start seeing him on the ground in IA and/or NH.

Warlord
05-27-2013, 09:27 AM

He's no threat at all he's a buffoon.

Warlord
05-27-2013, 09:33 AM
By the way Collins, Warlord addressed Kane4TN here and how to pull it off:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415551-CBS-Glenn-Jacobs-%28Kane%29-Smack-Down-Sen-Lamar-Alexander-On-His-Voting-Record&p=5045027&viewfull=1#post5045027

Find Warlord some pics of Lamar golfing with the president... my satellite imaging here isn't that great.

ZENemy
05-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Hilary is the next and final cancer to infect the throne, where is my million chump..I mean trump?

trey4sports
05-27-2013, 11:01 AM
lol, oh god. give it up trump. I'm still pissed you picked Trace over Penn!

cajuncocoa
05-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Me too. Penn was the only reason I watched!

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
If Rand becomes the nominee then Trump is their ace card to throw the election to the dem since the neocons will bolt and vote for him. That said, it wouldn't do danger to Rand's clout in the GOP yet it will put a target on neocons and make them very less welcome in the GOP allowing the grassroots ownership of it once and for all. Check, their move.

compromise
05-27-2013, 11:10 AM
He won't run, he just wants publicity.

Warlord
05-27-2013, 11:16 AM
He won't run, he just wants publicity.

Sounds like an expensive way of buying it... maybe he see's headlines in political press worth the $1m for PR purposes.

Mr.NoSmile
05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
While it would be easy to laugh off Trump as any sort of contender, the fact that his talking about the birth certificate and almost being considered a potential 2012 candidate shows two things:

a. How much sensationalism is involved in journalism, especially now, though this is nothing new.
b. What it takes to get Republicans fired up is just a bit of controversy or fiery comments that'll get them applauding and screaming. The birth certificate is just one of those issues and my hope is that Paul, should he run, knows better than to bring that up. I'm sure he's smart enough to know that. Hell, even Romney couldn't resist bringing up the birther controversy.

Hopefully Trump, with the birther comments and betting all that money on Obama's college records or whatever it was, is just laughed off as a joke.

Zippyjuan
05-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Trump... er uh... chump change for him. Some people like him but he isn't a viable candidate. He would make noise and get media attention because he is a publicity whore but he won't get too far in my opinion. He tends to say too many stupid things.

The Birther issue won't help him (Obama won't be running) but is could work against him as people see him as an idiot.

PatriotOne
05-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Oh geez. Again? Trump is political satire....Vermin Supreme in a suit.

I know the voting public is pretty gullible but even the dimmest Republicans should be able to understand it's not a good idea to turn the country over to a guy that has had to file for bankruptcy 4 times.

No link to the actual poll? Must not be to proud of it...lol.

tangent4ronpaul
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
POLITICO are nagging Warlord to purchase a Press+ pass for 99c a day.

SCREW OFF POLITICO.

The average Afghan lives on $2/day and you want me to spend half of that so I can read your tripe?

Never had this happen with POLITICO, but have with other sites. Try this:

Go to news.google.com and search for the article title. It should come up and as a redirect from google, it should not be blocked.

Failing that, go into your cookies and delete any from politico.com

-t

jkob
05-27-2013, 12:41 PM
He could spend a billion dollars, he still will never win elected office.

jtstellar
05-27-2013, 01:35 PM
his son or grandson has to see the clown that he is.. they have to.. the gen Y sensibility and BS radar detector, they have to know why he is so hated

Warlord
05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Never had this happen with POLITICO, but have with other sites. Try this:

Go to news.google.com and search for the article title. It should come up and as a redirect from google, it should not be blocked.

Failing that, go into your cookies and delete any from politico.com

-t

THANK YOU!!!

You have saved Warlord $30/month which covers my rent, food, bills, travel, dancing boys, haircuts, beer trims and 3g of the finest opium this side of the Khyber Pass

Boss
05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Sounds like an expensive way of buying it... maybe he see's headlines in political press worth the $1m for PR purposes.

How much do you think this type of PR would be valued at?

The cost of a 30 second super bowl ad dwarfs $1m.

Warlord
05-27-2013, 02:10 PM
How much do you think this type of PR would be valued at?

The cost of a 30 second super bowl ad dwarfs $1m.

Having political journalist whores write about you for 2 years pretending your running and being in nearly every newspaper in America is pretty good for $1m.

tangent4ronpaul
05-27-2013, 02:28 PM
THANK YOU!!!

You have saved Warlord $30/month which covers my rent, food, bills, travel, dancing boys, haircuts, beer trims and 3g of the finest opium this side of the Khyber Pass

One other thought is that if you are coming in from a foreign country your IP might be blocked so try using TOR or a VPN/anonimizer with an exit node in the US. This also works if you want access to the BBC, etc. and are not in England, etc.

-t

Aratus
05-27-2013, 05:44 PM

Me too. Penn was the only reason I watched!

He could spend a billion dollars, he still will never win elected office.

he might be as electable as newtie was in 2012 and he most likely has an EGO almost equal to newt's
but if he becomes part of any GOP debates, he impacts the 2016 race even if he triggers a backlash

loveshiscountry
05-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Make up call for when Piers Morgan beat Trace

lakerssuck92
05-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Maybe he can go around demanding Ted Cruz's birth certificate...hahaha...

NIU Students for Liberty
05-27-2013, 08:57 PM
He needed to spend $1 million in order to find out that he'd fail? No wonder he went bankrupt.

On the brighter side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USA5v08NcEU

Warlord
05-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe he can go around demanding Ted Cruz's birth certificate...hahaha...

That would be funny.

oyarde
05-27-2013, 09:53 PM
THANK YOU!!!

Bah , you should give up dancing boys, beard trims , try more opium , ( by the way , there is nothing fine about the Khyber Pass , if you think so , you are already using enough opiates)

BlackTerrel
05-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Donald Trump has spent $1 million on "electoral research," according to a report.

Trump told a GOP county dinner in Michigan last week that "everybody" tells him to "run for president." And just like he did before the 2000 and 2012 elections, Trump is musing about running for president.

That's because he's surrounded by yes men. Everyone around LeBron told him "the decision" was a good idea as well.