PDA

View Full Version : RT - Millions March Against Monsanto in 436 cities in 52 countries

sailingaway
05-25-2013, 09:59 PM
http://rt.com/files/news/1f/32/00/00/000_was7577608.si.jpg

http://rt.com/news/march-against-monsanto-gmo-776/

tangent4ronpaul
05-25-2013, 10:19 PM
“No more lies! No more greed! We don't want your toxic seed!”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLIPCJxCYAADH8y.jpg

^^^^Bestest protest prop EVAH!

-t

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Was going to go to Chicago with a friend, but we got there late :(

dannno
05-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Well I guess that was pretty successful. I was really surprised there wasn't an official event planned in my town, although they probably did something anyway.

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 10:40 PM
How many of those hippies are willing to boycott Monsanto? If they don't know which foods contain GMO ingredients, how many are willing to hire a private lab to tell them?

mad cow
05-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Never fear,freedom lovers,help is on the way!

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Congressman Peter DeFazio (D-OR) today introduced the Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-Know Act, bipartisan legislation that would require the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to clearly label genetically engineered (GE) foods so that consumers can make informed choices about what they eat.

Senators Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Mark Begich (D-AK), Jon Tester (D-MT), Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Brian Schatz (D-HI) and Martin Heinrich (D-NM) are cosponsors of the Senate bill. Representatives Jared Polis (D-CO), Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Donna Christensen (D-Virgin Islands), Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), Peter Welch (D-VT), James Moran (D-VA), Louise Slaughter (D-NY), Don Young (R-AK), Jim McDermott (D-WA), Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Jared Huffman (D-CA), Jackie Speier (D-CA), Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), Gerry Connolly (D-VA), George Miller (D-CA), David Cicilline (D-RI), Barbara Lee (D-CA), Grace Napolitano (D-CA), Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) and Ann Kuster (D-NH) are cosponsors of the House bill.

Yes,these paragons of liberty have heard your anguished cries.

And Leviathan grins and says Feed Me Seymour!

Natural Citizen
05-25-2013, 10:43 PM
How many of those hippies are willing to boycott Monsanto? If they don't know which foods contain GMO ingredients, how many are willing to hire a private lab to tell them?

Don't need a private lab. Transparency starts with our elected representatives.

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 10:45 PM
... legislation that would require the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to clearly label genetically engineered (GE) foods so that consumers can make informed choices about what they eat.

Clearly a necessary function of the federal government, since no private lab could ever have the ability to perform tests or report results.

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Don't need a private lab. Transparency starts with our elected representatives.

Don't need private anything. Give it all to the state.

PaulConventionWV
05-25-2013, 11:06 PM

EL OH EL.

As if we should be expected to do that just to avoid being poisoned. Monopolies are not easy to boycott.

PaulConventionWV
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Don't need private anything. Give it all to the state.

Are you kidding right now? The reason we have Monsanto right now is because of the state. They are part of the state.

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 11:14 PM
EL OH EL.

As if we should be expected to do that just to avoid being poisoned.

Yes, we are totally capable of not eating poison even without the federal government's coercive interference. Do you assume that the FDA is somehow cheaper to fund than private labs would be? Or that the FDA is somehow less prone to corruption? FDA is more reliable than private labs?

Monopolies are not easy to boycott.

How is Monsanto stopping your neighbor from growing food, or stopping you from buying it?

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
The reason we have Monsanto right now is because of the state. They are part of the state.

And you seriously want to address FDA-corruption by expanding the FDA's power?

Natural Citizen
05-25-2013, 11:16 PM

You're begging the question. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

better-dead-than-fed
05-25-2013, 11:20 PM
You're begging the question. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

You're applying "begging the question" incorrectly, and you're evading the point that the FDA's function would be performed better in every way by private labs.

Waiting for the fascists to March Against Large Sodas.

March Against X-Ray Machines.

PaulConventionWV
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes, we are totally capable of not eating poison even without the federal government's coercive interference. Do you assume that the FDA is somehow cheaper to fund than private labs would be? Or that the FDA is somehow less prone to corruption? FDA is more reliable than private labs?

Where are you getting any of this? The FDA runs on stolen taxpayer money. Look, I am completely on board with you when it comes to government's coercive interference, but it just so happens that the government has thrown it's weight behind Monsanto. They are a protected corporation, not a private entity. They're not some success story about a guy in his garage. This is a government-run and government-funded entity that is shielded from the market by government. It's erroneous to think Monsanto is private in any form or fashion. The patent is what makes them what they are. How can you patent nature?

How is Monsanto stopping your neighbor from growing food, or stopping you from buying it?

There are lots of ways in which private farmers are being hurt by Monsanto. Many of them have been documented. Do your own research. The laws that protect them should be enough to show you that there is a reason they are above the competition, and it's not because of their customer service.

PaulConventionWV
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Oh my God, you must be kidding. When did I ever say I wanted to expand the FDA's power?

PaulConventionWV
05-26-2013, 07:48 AM
You're applying "begging the question" incorrectly, and you're evading the point that the FDA's function would be performed better in every way by private labs.

Waiting for the fascists to March Against Large Sodas.

March Against X-Ray Machines.

Were you really expecting to find a bunch of statists in this thread? Nobody's advocating government interference here. We just want the Monsanto protectionism to stop. How can you be so blind as to rail against government intervention and then defend Monsanto? Monsanto is not a private company.

ClydeCoulter
05-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Puts out hook and net. Who can avoid both?

HOLLYWOOD
05-26-2013, 11:26 AM
How much has Monsanto spent on bribing/lobbying Washington DC and state governments?

I think there was a GMO bill in California that became a Hot Potato and Monsanto spent millions fighting requirements on GMO disclosure.

Here's the shocker, I have seen ZERO coverage by Fascist TELEVISION/AIRWAVE media on the GMO protests..

CBS's Face The Nation was so biased on coverage and blocking all Obama/Holder scandals, they gave half the show to climate change by unknowns.

pathtofreedom
05-26-2013, 11:42 AM
For fucks sake better-than-dead-fed Monsanto is not a result of the free market it is a creation of government. It is a Rockefeller owned standard oil derivative (automatically disqualifies it), subsidized by the government, and protected by it through the FDA and USDA.

puppetmaster
05-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Watch for a name change......like blackwater did.