PDA

View Full Version : CBS: Glenn Jacobs (Kane) Smack Down Sen. Lamar Alexander On His Voting Record

Matt Collins
05-25-2013, 08:58 AM
http://markets.cbsnews.com/cbsnews/news/read/24273844/The_Freedom_Cartel_and_Glenn_Jacobs_Smack_Down_Lam ar_Alexander_On_His_Voting_Record

Cleaner44
05-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Republicans like Alexander need to be exposed and removed in the next wave of primaries. I hope the people of his state are documenting his horrible record.

supermario21
05-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't understand how Tennessee produces such squishes for Senators considering how red a state it is. Heck I'd take a tandem of Kane and Jimmy Duncan if he ever wanted to run.

Matt Collins
05-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't understand how Tennessee produces such squishes for Senators considering how red a state it is. Heck I'd take a tandem of Kane and Jimmy Duncan if he ever wanted to run.Because the buy off the elections. Oh, and Duncan is Lamar Alexander's largest cheerleader :mad:
(http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/sen-lamar-alexander-names-2014-re-election-campaign-co-chairs-minus-desjarlais)

Hyperion
05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Tennesseans are too nice and want their politicians to reflect their personal kindness. Hardline combative politics doesn't play as well here as people from outside the state would think from a state that is quite conservative. I really think a Cruz, Paul, Lee type would have a difficult time winning the primary.

supermario21
05-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Tennesseans are too nice and want their politicians to reflect their personal kindness. Hardline combative politics doesn't play as well here as people from outside the state would think from a state that is quite conservative. I really think a Cruz, Paul, Lee type would have a difficult time winning the primary.

Yeah, it seems as if Tennessean politics is a giant good-old boy network, even with Duncan.

compromise
05-25-2013, 01:05 PM

Paul won just across the border in Kentucky. I think if someone steps up and takes out a few of these guys out, they could.

Warlord
05-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Republicans like Alexander need to be exposed and removed in the next wave of primaries. I hope the people of his state are documenting his horrible record.

He's bought off all his viable opponents. senators know how to survive.

Warlord
05-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Paul won just across the border in Kentucky. I think if someone steps up and takes out a few of these guys out, they could.

Rand won an open seat. TN politicians have seats for life pretty much. Alexander and Corker will be coming out the Senate in a box.

FSP-Rebel
05-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Regardless of TN politics, it's hard to put a price on how much Jacobs' celebrity status will serve him should he run. Not only that but he's huge to go with it and makes a very imposing challenger. This is a whole different dynamic than virtually any other race or primary that I can conceive of. If Ventura could run Indy and become Governor of MN, then Jacobs could step on Alexander's toes and knock him off. I think the "Cool'' factor could come in big in this race, he'd already have the conservative/libertarians in his pocket bet then toss in the WWE fan base and it's over. Jacobs could single handedly stir up TNGOP politics forever.

Matt Collins
05-26-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/may/26/clamoring-conservative-challenge-alexander/

Warlord
05-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Regardless of TN politics, it's hard to put a price on how much Jacobs' celebrity status will serve him should he run. Not only that but he's huge to go with it and makes a very imposing challenger. This is a whole different dynamic than virtually any other race or primary that I can conceive of. If Ventura could run Indy and become Governor of MN, then Jacobs could step on Alexander's toes and knock him off. I think the "Cool'' factor could come in big in this race, he'd already have the conservative/libertarians in his pocket bet then toss in the WWE fan base and it's over. Jacobs could single handedly stir up TNGOP politics forever.

Unfortunately I think one of the posters told us what the problem is: they're too nice and need a real good reason to throw someone like Alexander out who they've been electing for as long as I can remember and they;re not likely to do it.

This is how the neocons and lobbyists do it; they infiltrate and use southern values against the people themselves.

Alexander and Corker could vote to send half of America to gas chambers and win re-election if they just sponsor a few fishing bills when election time runs round and shakes some hands and shower their opponents in cash and jobs and...

You get the idea.

This is why red states have so many horrific senators who won't be removed until they retire and the next generation come along. Our goal needs to be to get the next generation embedded in either the House, State legislature, State office or State Senate to build their name/brand for when they decide to stop terrorizing the people with their phony brand of politics and getting away with it.

Or like you suggest turn the primaries into nominating conventions through the party system and then throw them out which worked well in Utah with an excellent replacement in Mike Lee.

FSP-Rebel
05-26-2013, 10:46 AM
You get the idea.
Yeah, I've been peeping C-money's links and see how LA successfully co-opts any form of opposition towards his reign as Senator. It's obvious to me that the TN grassroots haven't been getting active in their local parties otherwise LA wouldn't own every county chair in the state. 5000 TP folk signed a letter hoping for a challenger to LA but if they were active in their state and local party they'd own the whole damn thing. At this point, forget the party officials and bypass this nonsense by taking Jacobs' celeb status and fiscal ideals straight to the people. We got the money to do it and I bet LFA would love to get in on this and help take down LA. Get Jacobs a top shelf campaign staff and kick this jerkoff to the curb.

Warlord
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I've been peeping C-money's links and see how LA successfully co-opts any form of opposition towards his reign as Senator. It's obvious to me that the TN grassroots haven't been getting active in their local parties otherwise LA wouldn't own every county chair in the state. 5000 TP folk signed a letter hoping for a challenger to LA but if they were active in their state and local party they'd own the whole damn thing. At this point, forget the party officials and bypass this nonsense by taking Jacobs' celeb status and fiscal ideals straight to the people. We got the money to do it and I bet LFA would love to get in on this and help take down LA. Get Jacobs a top shelf campaign staff and kick this jerkoff to the curb.

I can see it being possible if he wants to try but there will have to be some sort of backlash. I never expected IN Republicans to give Lugar the boot so perhaps we can learn lessons from that.

Paging erowe1, how did Mourdock and activists pull that off?

supermario21
05-26-2013, 10:57 AM
The problem I think with Lugar, Warlord, was that he never did any of the retail politicking/southern friendship stuff that Corker and Alexander do. Lugar hadn't been in the state in years and had a controversy where he wasn't even registered to vote in the state which hurt him.

Warlord
05-26-2013, 11:12 AM
One thing he would get a lot of attention to this race and he might be able to pull it off if he can generate enough enthusiasm with Tea Party groups/Republicans and enough of a back lash against Alexander.

There's a lot to hammer Alexander on.

For example: His vote to "debate the 2nd amendment" could hurt him massively if people were aware of it and if it can be communicated in enough ad dollars either from outside groups or through Jacobs campaign during a 4-6 week period.

See: How the NRA took down a traitor in Tennessee
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415000-How-the-NRA-took-down-a-traitor-in-Tennessee)
There's also his "vote to bail out Wall Street while Tennesseans struggle with higher than average unemployment". This won't go down too well either.

His golf trips with Obama won't go down well judging by the reaction of a poster with a picture of a state legislator imposed next to him who has probably never even met him.

There MUST be pictures of Lamar on the golf course somewhere with Obama. If so that needs plastered all over Memphis or wherever. Billboards are not that expensive and it would generate a lot of buzz and coverage if an opponent started erecting pics of his golf trips with the President all over the state.

In short Warlord believes there's enough to go after him on in both issues and character and the attention and enthusiasm Jacobs could generate can make this into an interesting race.

One thing: How much time can Jacobs devote to a run? Would he take time out of the ring? He would absolutely need to shake as many hands and meet as many people as possible and project the gentle giant image. I bet he's done loads of charity work with WWE for children and veterans which would make great campaign material.

Matt Collins
05-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, the tea party is livid with Lamar. They want him OUT!

Warlord
05-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah, the tea party is livid with Lamar. They want him OUT!

Any comments on Warlord's analysis from someone on the ground?

Keith and stuff
05-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Rand won an open seat. TN politicians have seats for life pretty much. Alexander and Corker will be coming out the Senate in a box.

That is absolutely true. No way to argue with that. Nevertheless, it is nice to see Glenn Jacobs get involved. Alexander is the most popular person in TN, nevertheless, Jacobs can get some votes in a primary.

FSP-Rebel
05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
That is absolutely true. No way to argue with that. Nevertheless, it is nice to see Glenn Jacobs get involved. Alexander is the most popular person in TN, nevertheless, Jacobs can get some votes in a primary.
If these Tea Party people had become involved in the state and local GOP these politicians wouldn't get the free pass they've always gotten. IMO, that's where the Tea Party has limited their success. They go to rallies and donate money to national TP orgs but don't do the most crucial thing they must to reform the party itself. If they did this, this would add to the contributions they make to conservative candidates and also put pressure on those in committee and leadership positions to hold the line on the damn platform and not let these RINOs operate as apparatchiks. I'm glad to see, better now then never, C4L putting on activist boot camps coming up here in TN and KY as a way to train these people properly and mobilize them to get off their asses. Protecting one's freedom through the political process needs to be an active hobby if not a part time job for those who care. If people can't be expected to do that then what the Founders went through becomes a laughing stock and we're unworthy of what they prepared for us.

Matt Collins
05-28-2013, 09:03 PM

Rand wasn't a "hardline combative" in the 2010 election.

Matt Collins
05-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah, it seems as if Tennessean politics is a giant good-old boy network, even with Duncan.

That can change though.

Warlord
05-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Rand wasn't a "hardline combative" in the 2010 election.

Open seat. A lot harder to take down an incumbent. Happens rarely.

Some ideas, in part, addressed here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415551-CBS-Glenn-Jacobs-%28Kane%29-Smack-Down-Sen-Lamar-Alexander-On-His-Voting-Record&p=5045027&viewfull=1#post5045027

Matt Collins
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM

http://www.optionsbingo.org/bingo-card.gif

Matt Collins
05-30-2013, 10:38 AM
What is LFA? :confused:

FSP-Rebel
05-30-2013, 11:03 AM
What is LFA? :confused:
Liberty For All PAC

Matt Collins
05-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I never expected IN Republicans to give Lugar the boot so perhaps we can learn lessons from that.
Anecdotal I know, but I can tell you here on the ground in TN, Republicans are NOT happy with Lamar.

Matt Collins
05-31-2013, 02:48 PM
The problem I think with Lugar, Warlord, was that he never did any of the retail politicking/southern friendship stuff that Corker and Alexander do. Lugar hadn't been in the state in years and had a controversy where he wasn't even registered to vote in the state which hurt him.
Lamar isn't hanging with the Party base, he's hanging with the echelon. That isn't going to win him the election.

Warlord
05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Anecdotal I know, but I can tell you here on the ground in TN, Republicans are NOT happy with Lamar.

Warlord thinks Matt knows better than his conversation with someone down the store :)

There are 2 million+ voters in TN many of whom have been electing this guy forever.

Matt Collins
06-02-2013, 10:15 AM
One thing: How much time can Jacobs devote to a run? Would he take time out of the ring? He would absolutely need to shake as many hands and meet as many people as possible and project the gentle giant image. I bet he's done loads of charity work with WWE for children and veterans which would make great campaign material.Yes, he has another charity event coming up soon. Also he would have to quit wrestling for the Campaign because of equal time requirements.

Matt Collins
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Alexander is the most popular person in TNerrr, that's not exactly true.

Matt Collins
06-04-2013, 05:04 AM
If these Tea Party people had become involved in the state and local GOP these politicians wouldn't get the free pass they've always gotten. IMO, that's where the Tea Party has limited their success. They go to rallies and donate money to national TP orgs but don't do the most crucial thing they must to reform the party itself. If they did this, this would add to the contributions they make to conservative candidates and also put pressure on those in committee and leadership positions to hold the line on the damn platform and not let these RINOs operate as apparatchiks. I'm glad to see, better now then never, C4L putting on activist boot camps coming up here in TN and KY as a way to train these people properly and mobilize them to get off their asses. Protecting one's freedom through the political process needs to be an active hobby if not a part time job for those who care. If people can't be expected to do that then what the Founders went through becomes a laughing stock and we're unworthy of what they prepared for us.
They are about a cycle behind the Ron Paul crowd in their organizing and political knowledge. But the Ron Paul crowd is not big enough to do a lot of things on our own, so we have to build strategic coalitions. The good news is that the tea party crowd is catching up, and they are also ideologically moving our direction too which is great.

FSP-Rebel
06-04-2013, 10:18 AM
They are about a cycle behind the Ron Paul crowd in their organizing and political knowledge. But the Ron Paul crowd is not big enough to do a lot of things on our own, so we have to build strategic coalitions. The good news is that the tea party crowd is catching up, and they are also ideologically moving our direction too which is great.
It's more like the TN grassroots are behind some of the other state roots in regaining steam in their local and state parties. For every district or county chair to be lined up behind Lamar proves this. And yes, I'm always thinking in terms of the TP as our ally for a broader liberty movement, much thx goes to Rand for that.

Matt Collins
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Open seat. A lot harder to take down an incumbent. Happens rarely.
I agree but Lamar is vulnerable, everyone knows it, and everyone hates him. He has trouble getting people to come out to the county party Reagan Day Dinners that he has been doing. This will be a Dick Luger situation again.

Matt Collins
06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
There are 2 million+ voters in TN many of whom have been electing this guy forever.But only a very small fraction of them vote in the Republican primary in an off year election.

Bastiat's The Law
06-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Call me crazy, but I actually think Glenn Jacobs could give Lamar Alexander a fight in the primary.