PDA

View Full Version : Ogden UT Man Who Took on SWAT Team Dies in Jail "Suicide"

SeanTX
05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Since he killed one of the "brotherhood", I'm sure he either had some "help" with this, or was driven to it.

http://fox13now.com/2013/05/24/accused-cop-killer-dies-in-jail-cell/

Police shooting suspect dies in jail cell

Posted on: 8:02 am, May 24, 2013, by David Wells and Ben Winslow, updated on: 11:46am, May 24, 2013

OGDEN, Utah — The man accused of killing an Ogden police officer and wounding five others in a shootout was found hanging in his jail cell.

Weber County Attorney Dee Smith said at a news conference Friday that Matthew David Stewart was found at 12:50 a.m., when a corrections officer was making her hourly rounds. He was hanging by a bed sheet, Smith said, and his death appears to be a suicide.

The Utah Department of Public Safety will investigate the death, and another county attorney will review that investigation at its conclusion, he said.

Weber County Sheriff Terry Thompson defended his jail, saying that Stewart was “treated in a humane and professional way” while incarcerated. He said Stewart had been offered mental health treatment on numerous occasions, but refused it every time.

In a posting on Facebook, Stewart’s family said he died “after a long and courageous battle with a corrupt and arrogant judicial system.

“After the illegal assault on his home by a gang of thugs and his inhumane treatment at the Weber County Correctional Institute,along with the recent loss of an unfair and unjust ruling by the court, Matthew gave up hope of his ever getting justice in his case,” the family said in the posting.

SNIP

Anti Federalist
05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Another political prisoner victim...

Red Green
05-24-2013, 01:11 PM
We should start our own memorial to the fallen. I mean, the pigs have theirs, why not have ours?

tod evans
05-24-2013, 01:45 PM
We should start our own memorial to the fallen. I mean, the pigs have theirs, why not have ours?

At this point it would be larger than the Viet-Nam wall....

Sad but true.

dannno
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
He said agents with the strike force learned that Stewart had an “elaborate” marijuana grow operation going inside his home.

Really??

I have half a mind to go plant some 'marijuana' plants on his fucking grave.

Is it bad if I celebrate the death of this officer for arresting somebody for growing a god damn plant?

JK/SEA
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
So this Stewart guy was a homicidal maniac preying on innocent women and children and laying waste to the land with weapons of mass destruction...oh wait..no..he was growing a plant...ok, thats different. Justice served. Were the bed sheets silk or cotton?