PDA

View Full Version : Man punches cop

green73
05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Well, this is something you don't see every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=erXup71gtDg
http://youtu.be/erXup71gtDg

via
http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/05/24/a-serious-white-person/

belian78
05-24-2013, 08:46 AM
It's inching closer and closer. Anyone think that even 2 years ago, someone would dare attack an officer in the middle of an arrest like that?

kathy88
05-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Is there something wrong with me that I smiled a huge smile when I read the thread title?

liberty2897
05-24-2013, 08:47 AM
The guy with the camera probably saved that guys life.

belian78
05-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Is there something wrong with me that I smiled a huge smile when I read the thread title?
Once upon a time? Maybe. Today? I wouldn't blame you a bit.

green73
05-24-2013, 08:52 AM
5'2" and tough as nails.

http://i.imgur.com/Xjtt1zb.png

WM_in_MO
05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
It's inching closer and closer. Anyone think that even 2 years ago, someone would dare attack an officer in the middle of an arrest like that?
+rep

Maybe people are finally getting sick of it.

AGRP
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Officer safety.

green73
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
"You want some of this?"

http://i.imgur.com/Xjtt1zb.png

kathy88
05-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Dude looks like Danny Devito.

Bruno
Am I the only one who missed the punch to the face? Looks like it was a missed punch or intentional grab to take him down to the ground. No punch that I saw. Still funny though.

He was walking across the street watching it, and must have made the decision at that point to circle back around and get involved, for whatever reason. Maybe watched too much police brutality in the past and decided he'd had enough.

Red Green
I can't listen to it because I'm at work but I gotta say that one pig seems to be getting to understand that the pigs are about as popular as herpes these days.

Natural Citizen
05-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Ah, man. My eyes are watering. He said you gonna have to spray me. I'm a athletic nigga.

I'm dyin over here. Choking....

JoshLowry
05-24-2013, 09:23 AM
I liked how the police composed themselves post-escalation and weapons were not drawn (as far as I could see) or fired.

green73
05-24-2013, 09:26 AM
I liked how the police composed themselves post-escalation and weapons were not drawn (as far as I could see) or fired.

Nope, just the dwarf one kicking him in the head.

JoshLowry
05-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Yea, just trying to point out the silver lining.

belian78
05-24-2013, 09:31 AM
No guns were drawn because of the camera on them. Had those people not been filming, I'm willin to bet money there'd be a few dead bodies and a story of a gangland mob attacking to unsuspecting officers in the line of duty.

AGRP
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Chances are, all of it probably had to do with a victimless "crime", especially since they were willing to let the man go. They did well for putting everyones safety and lives on the line for absolutely no reason.

Tod
05-24-2013, 09:36 AM
White dude coming to the rescue of a black dude. Good to see race relations between blacks and whites doing so well. Now it is up to the pigs to improve race relations between pigs and people.

JoshLowry
05-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Chances are, all of it probably had to do with a victimless "crime", especially since they were willing to let the man go.

I was pretty specific and did not speculate on why the police were involved.

They did well for putting everyones safety and lives on the line for absolutely no reason.

Jumping to conclusions?

Thor
05-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Well, it is a start. If more of those pussies standing around would have also jumped in, the thugs in costumes would have been defeated.

It is nice to see people starting to take a stand against police brutality. Even if it is 1 guy with a missed punch.

I think the tide is about to turn. Which means martial law will be ramped up.

pcosmar
05-24-2013, 09:44 AM
White dude coming to the rescue of a black dude. Good to see race relations between blacks and whites doing so well. Now it is up to the pigs to improve race relations between pigs and people.

That was my thought. Some people (not enough yet) see this shit for what it is.
The guy has some heart.

Red Green
05-24-2013, 09:56 AM
This kinda makes me think of the Adam Kokesh issue: it the pigs are going to charge you with "assaulting an officer" for doing nothing but being in their general vicinity, you might as well make it count and knock a pig or two out. At least then you get some mileage for your jail time.

AFPVet
05-24-2013, 09:59 AM
This kinda makes me think of the Adam Kokesh issue: it the pigs are going to charge you with "assaulting an officer" for doing nothing but being in their general vicinity, you might as well make it count and knock a pig or two out. At least then you get some mileage for your jail time.

Pretty much... it's just like shop lifting... might as well make it worth it (of course under grand larceny lol). Of course, when you go that extra mile, it lessens your chances of a deal. It could be the difference between real jail time and community service with two years probation... still a felony, but at least you get to serve the time outside of a cell.

AGRP
05-24-2013, 10:00 AM
I was pretty specific and did not speculate on why the police were involved.

Speculation is healthy. Ron Paul speculates all the time. Is it against forum rules to speculate?

Jumping to conclusions?

"Chances are" applies to the entire post.

Natural Citizen
05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I've got a lot of friends and family who are police officers, firemen/women, medics and whatnot. They're generally good people. Just like you or I. Will actually be seeing many of them tomorrow for a get together. I'm always curious to chit chat about current events and our own view on how the world is working these days. Ought to be a hoot. General public aren't all peaches and cream either so...yeah. There is always two sides to everything except now the camera is into the equation. And that's important to pay attention to because this will be liberty's biggest battle moving forward where some of the boys and girls in blue aren't so nice.

Red Green
05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
I've got a lot of friends and family who are police officers, firemen/women, medics and whatnot. They're generally good people. Just like you or I. Will actually be seeing many of them tomorrow for a get together. I'm always curious to chit chat about current events and our own view on how the world is working these days. Ouht to be a hoot.

There's a few big things that make them not "like you or I". For one, I and probably most of the people here do not live off the largess of the state. Secondly, most here would not impose immoral laws or penalties on people.

Pigs by and large are psychopaths or sociopaths. They are violent, manipulative and utterly contemptible people almost without exception. Those that are the exception are just there to go-along-to-get-along and make some money and have fun doing so.

In short, I doubt many pigs are just like most the people here.

TomtheTinker
05-24-2013, 10:22 AM
+rep

Maybe people are finally getting sick of it.

folks in the hood been sick of it.

ZENemy
05-24-2013, 10:24 AM
I've got a lot of friends and family who are police officers, firemen/women, medics and whatnot. They're generally good people. Just like you or I. Will actually be seeing many of them tomorrow for a get together. I'm always curious to chit chat about current events and our own view on how the world is working these days. Ought to be a hoot. General public aren't all peaches and cream either so...yeah. There is always two sides to everything except now the camera is into the equation. And that's important to pay attention to because this will be liberty's biggest battle moving forward where some of the boys and girls in blue aren't so nice.

Good cops would be arresting bad cops, how often is that going on?

AGRP
05-24-2013, 10:26 AM
That was my thought. Some people (not enough yet) see this shit for what it is.
The guy has some heart.

See what for what it is? Heart? Punching anyone including cops is wrong. Do you know more about the video than anyone else here knows?

Bruno
05-24-2013, 10:29 AM

Some of them are just like you and me, sure. Others are the kind that relish kicking the crap out of people and having power over others, so they join the force for that reason. Then they join in on the initiations like all getting their kicks and baton throws in on a suspect who is no longer resisting, or making sure when a guy is taken out he is full of 42 bullets so they all have the joy of getting their shots in on the perp. Then many of them also hold themselves to a much lower standard, busting people for drugs and ruining lives, using and reselling the drugs they seize, lying on the witness stand to put people behind bars, extorting people and raping women for drunk driving, killing dogs, shooting their neighbor's cat with a crossbow, etc. Those are not at all like you or me.

Red Green
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
See what for what it is? Heart? Punching anyone including cops is wrong. Do you know more about the video than anyone else here knows?

Defending yourself or someone else is not wrong, even if it involves violence.

I for one would love for us to have a peaceful evolution into liberty rather than the alternative, but I fear that eventually we will end up having to defend ourselves by whatever means necessary. Eventually if someone is willing to visit violence upon you, you will have no choice but to respond in kind unless you just want to become a peaceful martyr to the cause.

Thor
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM

But it is OK for cops to beat the shit out of people for no good reason? Bend over, I have something I want to show you.

AGRP
05-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Defending yourself or someone else is not wrong, even if it involves violence.

I for one would love for us to have a peaceful evolution into liberty rather than the alternative, but I fear that eventually we will end up having to defend ourselves by whatever means necessary. Eventually if someone is willing to visit violence upon you, you will have no choice but to respond in kind unless you just want to become a peaceful martyr to the cause.

Defense? Do you know what took place before the video started and why the person was being apprehended?

Red Green
05-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Defense? Do you know what took place before the video started and why the person was being apprehended?
Nope, but maybe the guy who tackled the cop did. I can either trust what the random dude on the street was doing was right, or I can trust that what the pigs were doing was right. Yeah, tough choice there.....

Thor
05-24-2013, 10:38 AM

At least I am speaking of police brutality at large, not specific to this incident.

pcosmar
05-24-2013, 10:49 AM
See what for what it is?

Racism. False and divisive manipulation to keep us fighting each other rather than focusing on the real enemies of us all.

Us v Them. WE the People v TPTB. and not black v white. or the religious differences or the length of ones hair.

Some people see it for what it is. TPTB would rather us fight each other,, rather than focus our wrath on them and their enforcers.

POLICE should not exist. Not in concept,, not in practice. Police should not exist in a free society.
They exist and are necessary to an Authoritarian Society.

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Indeed. Good for him. More people need to do that when they see police abuse.

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2013, 11:03 AM

IMO, there would be something wrong with you if you didn't. It's only natural to strongly dislike your oppressors.

tod evans
05-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Glad to see this!

Tod
05-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Good cops would be arresting bad cops, how often is that going on?

Very, very, very rarely. Here are two current stories from the neighboring county, a county that had a very corrupt sheriff when I was growing up. (corrupt? You betcha: http://books.google.com/books?id=atBCt9w9RAUC&lpg=PA29&ots=Jgx468-Ndi&dq=sheriff%20thomas%20weikel%20mansfield%20ohio&pg=PA29#v=onepage&q=sheriff%20thomas%20weikel%20mansfield%20ohio&f=false )

Story one, where a deputy was caught using sick days to work a second job. http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20130522/NEWS01/305220052/Mediator-awards-sheriff-s-sergeant-job

MANSFIELD — Richland County Sheriff’s Office administrators say they are exploring options following the decision of a mediator who awarded a terminated sergeant his job back.
Sgt. Oscar S. Benavides Jr. was terminated May 9, 2012, for abusing sick time.
According to Benavides’ personnel file, Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Bosko, Detective Bob Mack and Capt. Joe Masi watched Benavides at a job site in Lexington and took photographs and videos of him doing physical labor with a concrete and construction company he owns.
“Benavides called in sick, but it was in direct conflict with what he was observed doing at the worksite,” Masi had said.
Benavides challenged his termination, and the Fraternal Order of Police, Ohio Labor Council Inc. filed a grievance on May 25, 2012, against the Sheriff’s Office, stating that the sheriff violated the collective bargaining agreement entered into between the parties by “unjustly terminating” Benavides.
A hearing was held at the Richland County Jail on Feb. 26 and closed on March 19.
On Tuesday, the attorney/arbitrator Robert Lustig, of Cleveland, ruled in Benavides’ favor, citing “there is no due process where Grievant is found guilty of offenses which were not included in the Notice of Pre-Disciplinary Conference.”
“We are not in concurrence with the facts as listed by the mediator and are surprised by the award,” Major Dale Fortney said. “But we will continue to move forward as an organization and we will never tire of doing what is right.”
Benavides will retain his rank as sergeant, but will receive no back pay.
It has not been determined yet when he will return to work.
Benavides, 41, joined the department as a corrections officer in November 1992, was promoted to corporal in the correction division in 1999 and was promoted to sergeant in October 2000. His annual salary was $44,768 upon his termination, according to county records.
He could not be reached for comment.

Comments on the article:

Dave
I think it is time they charge him with theft by deception. Also there should be a public outcry asking him to quit! To respect law enforcement we need to hold them to a higher standard. This man needs to respect his badge and step down.

Tod
Absolutely! No job back and theft charges! Thomas Weikel's corrupt legacy is alive and well in Richland County. Vote Sheldon out if he refuses to charge this clown.

Tod
I sent the following to Sheldon:

Sheriff Sheldon,

I urge you to arrest Deputy Benvides for theft. Do not allow corruption to again take root in the Richland County Sheriff’s Department by failing to take decisive action and send a clear message to those that you manage that such behavior will not be tolerated; the legacy of Sheriff Weikel is still strong and will tarnish your own tenure in office if you fail to act on this egregious betrayal of the public trust. To fail to do so would be a clear violation of your code of ethics, which you can re-read the code here if your memory is failing you: http://www.richlandcountyoh.us/Sheriff/Sheriff.html (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.richlandcountyoh.us%2FShe riff%2FSheriff.html&h=9AQHlB47k&s=1)

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/comments/article/20130522/NEWS01/305220052/Mediator-awards-sheriff-s-sergeant-job

I am absolutely disgusted at how this has been handled. If you cannot or will not ensure that Deputy Benevides
a) Loses his job
b) Pays restitution to the county, not only for the theft in question but also for legal expenses incurred by the county as a result of his crime.
c) Is tried for theft
then I would urge you to resign your office in protest. This is about the principle.

Tod Xxxxx
(longtime former resident of Mansfield)

Melvin
Theft for real..

Ron
How can anyone ever trust him? He lost all integrity.

And the other bit of drama going on in the department, http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20130522/NEWS01/305220040/Evaluation-ordered-K-9-deputy

Evaluation ordered for K-9 deputy
Sheriff mum on cause for paid administrative leave
MANSFIELD — The Richland County Sheriff’s K-9 officer was ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation Tuesday by Sheriff Steve Sheldon.
On May 15, Deputy (Raymond) Jeff Frazier was placed on paid administrative leave, according to sheriff’s records obtained by the News Journal. The reason for his suspension was still unknown Tuesday.
The administrative investigation is ongoing, sheriff’s Maj. Dale Fortney said.
Sheriff J. Steve Sheldon declined comment about the incident that led to the leave, citing the Health Information Portability and Affordability Act.

This is the second time Frazier has been placed on paid administrative leave since he joined the sheriff’s office in 2001. He served eight days suspension for an “ASORT incident,” according to the report.
“This is pursuant to standard operating procedures following a response to resistance incident,” Sheriff Steve Sheldon informed Frazier March 5, 2007.
When Frazier first applied for a deputy position in 2001, the department was cautioned against making him a member of the staff. According to Lt. Robert Brown’s evaluation of Frazier during the interview process in May 2001, Frazier was not truthful about problems he had with coworkers and employers at previous jobs and was “at high risk for future performance difficulty and at high risk for termination based on test results.”
“Consequently, I am unable to give him a recommendation without significant qualification,” Brown wrote. “If placed in your department, I believe that his probationary period may need to be extended by three months and that he will need to be closely supervised during that time.”
He was hired on as a road deputy the following month. In the years since, Frazier has become a decorated member of the staff.
Exempting a near two-year period (2009 to 2011) where Fraizer was temporarily laid off, his personnel file holds at least 12 awards for “outstanding” or “exceptional” performance, including Officer of the Year in 2003 and Deputy of the Year and an Intelligence Award in 2007.
He also received the Citizen’s Service Award in 2010 for helping to resuscitate a fellow officer that went into cardiac arrest during a basic SWAT course.
“The care and professional management of this severe incident resulted in the saving of the life of a 33-year-old police officer,” East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts said.
In March, Frazier became the only K-9 officer in the department, in charge of German shepherd Odin.

Tod
05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Too bad the bystanders weren't able to handcuff those two cops and then all disappear before backup appeared. THAT would have been sweet.

AGRP
05-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Indeed. Good for him. More people need to do that when they see police abuse.

Care to cite where the abuse occurred?

Weston White
05-24-2013, 01:38 PM

This video needs to be emailed to Moochelle and her O'blather. Them, with their black racial inequality BS.

Seraphim
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zanrBZ6HOM

KingRobbStark
05-24-2013, 01:54 PM

If you look again, the other cop was about to pull his gun. His hand was on it, and was slowly raising it.

Weston White
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Too bad the bystanders weren't able to handcuff those two cops and then all disappear before backup appeared. THAT would have been sweet.

Coming to America soon, well that remains to be seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=XIad1JAnEkI&NR=1

PaulConventionWV
05-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Care to cite where the abuse occurred?

You should understand something. I generally dislike all cops. If I see one getting punched in the face, I smile. That's not to say I don't have the capacity to be civil around them. I do.

Now, my post simply said that more people need to do that when they see police abuse. That is true regardless of what happened in the video. I don't care to evaluate this particular incident to see if the guy should have punched the cop in the face or not. I assume he wouldn't have done it if the guy being arrested had done something truly wrong. I'm not advocating this to happen all the time, only when police abuse occurs.

dillo
05-24-2013, 05:48 PM
if your gonna go to prison for 5 years at least get a good shot in