PDA

View Full Version : Incredibile eyewittness account of Glen Becks apperance.

adap2k
11-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Columbus,Ohio book signing appearance of Glen Beck.

Hello Everyone!! I returned from the Columbus,Ohio book signing appearance of Glen Beck.
I wanted to update you all w/ my experience;

I arrived, driving in just ahead of the big yellow Beck bus to the Borders Bookstore. Already assembled in the crisp night air were a solid number of the Ron Paul Freedom Patriots! I didn't get the actual count, but my view was in the area of aprx. 30-40, all with their signs and slimjims. As I was unaware of the distance restriction in regards to holding the signs, I approached the front doors of the store, where I was told I must stand back w/ the others present. It was about 50 feet from the doors, either side. When I stepped back to the others I handed off my sign, because I wanted to be upfront- inside, w/ my Ron Paul button and slimjims. So when I came back to the doors there were police still standing there, they first told me I had to stand off again, I then said ,I wanted to go into the store, the officer looked me over for any sort of material, I again stated that I wanted to enter the bookstore at which time they gave me the ok.

I went immediately to the front of the area set up for Glen Beck,it was taped off, there were apprx 600 folks standing in a line that snaked itself all the way throughout the store. There was a strong presence of police and store security in addition to Glen Becks personal security team.
I took up positioning myself directly in Glen Becks line of vision about 12' so that everytime he turned to acknowledge someone w/ a book to sign, he would see I was a Ron Paul Patriot.
Just about everyone there had their cameras,except for me, :( , so I stood quietly there observing the peoples reactions to meeting him, he being cordial in greeting them.

It was about twenty minutes into standing there that a young man, Cory, stepped up to openly ask Mr.Beck a question, behind the taped line, he also had a camera phone w/a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR6rZtomgUM)I believe-I will try to state it,as best I can remember, 'So Glen, can you tell us how you have profitted by using Ron Paul... ',I know there were a couple of other words in there but before he could finish, the whole secrity staff immediately went into action getting the young man removed from the store. BUT...and I realize that Borders is on private property, which is why they can stifle what is said, in addition that's how you can control and monitor what is only going to be your crowd.
What happened next, is I believe to be the REAL Glen Beck showing his TRUE self, a person who has a contempt for, if not an arrogant attitude of conditional, restricted, Freedom of Speech. As the young man was being removed, Glen Beck stopped signing books ,stepped back raised his arms and w/ a smirk began applauding , looking to the others to acknowledge and join by enthusiastic applause, there were a couple of people who yelled out ,'yeah get him out of here!! Lots of snickering and laughs. Then Mr.Beck made a shrugged shoulder , hands out to his sides, silly face. WOW!!
'
I continued to stand patiently and I could tell the security was only waiting for me to say something or try to approach the secured area, but I smiled and waited, behind the taped line. There was a person who was in line w/ a book that I heard ask Beck when he was going to have Ron Paul on his program, Becks reply was he has tried numerous times to do just that.
While I stood there a man(about 30's) came up behind me and started in asking another person beside him, 'yeah did you see all those people standing outside, they are those conspiracy wack jobs ,they need to all be trucked to a 'special place',that guy was w/them.
I turned and asked him if he had ever read the U.S. Constitution, especially the part that covers Freedom of Speech? After all the young man was simply, exercising his Right in the Constitution? Simply asking a question. This mans' answer truly tells the state of the Beck mindset-'That wasn't free Speech, he was talking' terrorist talk, and all those Ron People out there are all smoking some weird Bong stuff, they are radicals!'
When I turned to look him in the eye, smiling, he saw that I was wearing my Ron Paul button, he didn't have anything else to say.
The young man, Cory, was back up front w/in a few minutes, and then made a statement" You know Mr. Beck, We the People, will have our Revolution, with the security once again quickly grabbing him this time w/his arms put up behind his back, and out of the store. Somone in the gathering said outloud-They need to Taze that bro!!! Seriously, there were laughs all around folks!!! Did you hear that??!!!Because he asked a question, yes, perhaps an uncomfortable one,
he should get TAZED??!!!!

I waited until all apprx. 600 folks had gone through w/ their ticket to be in this line, I wasn't going to be accused of jumping in and denying the fan club their moment, as it was going on
8:00pm, the staff were getting the last of the signings up to Beck, so at the end of the line I stepped in and was first asked if I was having a book signed, I said I had something else with me for Mr. Beck , I stepped up quickly and I was warmly received by Mr.Beck who took my hand, I told him 'Hello Glen, my name is Mellissa Kennedy,from the Columbus Ron PauL meetup group and I am here to thank you for reminding America why we need Ron Paul. May I ask if you would sign something for me ,even if its not your book? I handed him my Ron Paul Slimjims, he took them and glanced at them, then back at me, smiling, kinda like, well ok, he then proceeded to sign them, as he signed them he said"You know...I really have tried numerous times to get Ron Paul to agree to coming on the show, but he has refused time and again.'
I stated to Mr.Beck,' I think you know Ron Paul is always willing to have a open and civil discussion on any of the issues and if you would give him that opportunity, I believe you'd get a positive answer.
So I hope that you try again, in all civility. Thank You Mr.Beck. ' As I turned to leave, he took me by the back of my arm , I turned and he said ,"Thank You, Mellissa, for being so reasonable while you've been standing here, I noticed ,and I truly appreciate it!
I know that there were some things that I wanted to say, but by biding my time and tongue, I was able to approach the man up front with my comments and who knows, if enough of us along the way get that moment to quietly yet firmly put out the truth it may start a chain reaction . So here's to making our presence seen and heard bringing the message of HOPE. :( I couldn't find the cookies, to bring along. Maybe someone else can remember them at their stop of his tour.

Mellissa Kennedy,from the Columbus Ron PauL meetup group (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/151/messages/http://ronpaul.meetup.com/151/messages/)

Revolution9
11-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Very cool story. Good work on everybody's part.. Even the guy who took the heat to display in all its glory what is occurring in America with the thought police. Your blow was a coup de gras RP Revolution style.. Good one.

Best
Randy

RPFTW!
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
More flies with honey I guess

Elijah
11-26-2007, 01:29 AM
I stepped up quickly and I was warmly received by Mr.Beck who took my hand, I told him 'Hello Glen, my name is Mellissa Kennedy,from the Columbus Ron PauL meetup group and I am here to thank you for reminding America why we need Ron Paul. May I ask if you would sign something for me ,even if its not your book? I handed him my Ron Paul Slimjims, he took them and glanced at them, then back at me, smiling, kinda like, well ok, he then proceeded to sign them, as he signed them he said"You know...I really have tried numerous times to get Ron Paul to agree to coming on the show, but he has refused time and again.'
I stated to Mr.Beck,' I think you know Ron Paul is always willing to have a open and civil discussion on any of the issues and if you would give him that opportunity, I believe you'd get a positive answer.
So I hope that you try again, in all civility. Thank You Mr.Beck. ' As I turned to leave, he took me by the back of my arm , I turned and he said ,"Thank You, Mellissa, for being so reasonable while you've been standing here, I noticed ,and I truly appreciate it!

WOW You ROCK!!!! That was an amazing performance!! And you got ROn Paul signed Glen Beck slim jims!!!

Holly molly!! Thanks so much for writing this down write away!!

Great job, you really shined!

reaver
11-26-2007, 02:59 AM
I'd have this urge to have Ron Paul sign the other side. Just so you don't lose Glenn Becks signature.

llepard
11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

What a great story. Third post, welcome to the forum.

Your performance was a perfect example of What Would Ron Paul Do. WWRPD.

I am sure it left an impression.

We all make a difference. You are Ghandi like.

BTW, I bet Beck was lying about having invited RP onto his show.

That won't be good for his karma.

LWL

Conza88
11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Grand stuff! Superb.

When Beck, started clapping at the persons freedom of speech being stamped on, that got my blood boiling.. The man is two faced.

I commend you.. I would have not been able to show enough restraint.. I would have said something like: "It's a shame, your mother & sister committed suicide & you didn't." - too far? [of course]. I'll apologize sincerely, when he apologizes for calling me a terrorist. I await the day.. Not going to hold my breathe ...

kylejack
11-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I hated the video.

sedele
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's another one from someone at my meetup.

I would like to share with all of us engaged in supporting Ron Paul's candidacy an experience I had this morning. I attended the Glenn Beck book signing at the Chester County Bookstore in West Chester, PA today.

It was a positive, well-attended event. I estimate at least 100 - 200 people lined up to meet Glenn and get his signature. Many people had multiple copies of his book.

I arrived at 8:00 am - and drove by the long line of people in front of the Chester County Bookstore - with an American Flag flying from my vehicle - and Ron Paul stickers on my car.

I received cheers and applause from some of the attendee's. I also heard murmurs of, "Oh - he's a Ron Paul supporter..." emanating from the line of people, too.

No problem - I'm wasn't afraid - we still have the right to freedom of expression, right? Anyway, I got in line with my American Flag, for which many attendee's thanked me for flying.

While in line, I had the good fortune to meet and speak with around a half dozen Glenn Beck fans who do not support Ron Paul's stance on non-interventionism, but do understand the principle of his non-interventionism platform. They were polite and respectful to me.

What I learned from my conversations with the "Beck-ians" (my term for GB supporters/fans), is the biggest fear they share is a scenario where a terrorist organization obtains a nuclear weapon - and detonates it in the US - probably in NYC or Washington, DC. They believe Ron Paul's "non-interventionist" position leaves us exposed to a threat of this type. I countered that Ron Paul wants to bring all of our military back home from the 130 nations we have our troops stationed in, so that they can PROTECT the people of the United States - not oil pipelines in Asia and in the Middle East.

Please note that I am empathetic toward this fear.
However, I believe these fears are "inflamed" and exacerbated by the constant spread of "propaganda-esque" fear - as espoused by Neo-Cons, Bush, Cheney, Rice, Wolfowitz, Perle, Kristol, Novak, Rudy Giuliani, Romney, Clinton, et al.

I explained to the Beckians that part of the reason for the terrorist's taking aim at the US is because of "blowback" due to our interventionist foreign policy - a position supported by the 911 commission.
We continued sharing perspectives about Ron Paul and non-interventionism, and we respectfully listened to each other's side of the issue.

When I made these people aware of Woodrow Wilson's plan "to make the world safe for democracy" that started in the mid-1900's - and continues to this day, many of the people I spoke with listened - and seemed to be educated by the info.

When I explained that the real problem has been America's interventionist policy that got us into the following entanglements - The Korean War, dethroning Mossadegh in Iran and installing the Shah, the Vietnam War, what I would term "blind" support of Israel against the Palestinians, our military presence in Middle Eastern Holy Lands, and Gulf War II - they continued listening.

The good news is that we were able to discuss these issues in a cordial, respectful conversation that at no time became confrontational.

(Please note that I do not believe that World Wars I and II were illegitimate "interventionist" actions undertaken by our nation. I do believe Americans were duped into WWI by a small group of Central Bankers from the US and Europe, and that WWII was an inevitable result of the Treaty of Versailles. I do believe that Hitler was evil, and that Nazi Germany's attempted extermination of the Jewish population represents one of the most evil and disgraceful events in human history. Why Stalin and Russia's extermination of over 20 million eastern Europeans is any less reprehensible than the Nazi's exterminating over 6 million eastern Europeans is beyond me, but so be it.)

Next, when I met Glenn Beck, I identified myself, and told him I was a Ron Paul supporter, and that I thought his book was a step in the right direction for America.

He seemed to respect my expression of support for Ron Paul and overall I think it was a good thing to attend.
A few people thanked me for being able to discuss Ron Paul's candidacy and the issue of non-interventionism with them - without it becoming a shouting match.

What I then explained was that regardless of political affiliation, we are all AMERICANS first, and that this election cycle is an opportunity for us to speak with each other about the America we envision for the future.

Several of the people I spoke to said they would reconsider Ron Paul's positions on the issues.
Here is what I learned today:
If we cannot talk to our fellow Americans about these VERY IMPORTANT ISSUES without alienating them, or shouting them down - without LISTENING to their side of the issues and respecting their opinions - Ron Paul's candidacy may not succeed.

We need to be able to address our opponent's positions on issues in a conversational, objective and most important of all - a non-confrontational manner.

The mud slinging has begun and the MSM is trying to label us and Dr. Paul as "kooks".
If we come across any Ron Paul supporters who are either confrontational or otherwise straying from Ron Paul's platform, what should we do to educate them about this?

Please advise.
Thanks!
Chris