PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tancredo to run for CO governor as Republican

emazur
05-24-2013, 12:47 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/tancredo-announces-governors-bid/?cat_orig=politics

Tancredo, a columnist for WND who has written opposing amnesty, about the problems within the GOP and the threat of terrorism, made the announcement on radio talk-show host Peter Boyles’ KHOW-AM program in Denver.

“I’m going to run for governor of the state of Colorado. And I’m going to do it this time as a Republican.”

He pursued the office under the banner of the American Constitution Party in 2010 following a series of missteps by the state GOP that left it with a shaky candidate in Dan Maes.

The established Democrat, John Hickenlooper, ultimately squeaked out a victory with 51 percent of the vote. Tancredo took 36 percent in his third-party role. Maes got 11 percent.

sailingaway
05-24-2013, 01:08 AM
I expect he'll win. We'll see.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Hickenlooper seems pretty vulnerable after the gun-grab and letting that murderer off yesterday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/colorado-killers-reprieve_n_3325215.html

compromise
05-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Excellent. Tancredo is good on ending the drug war. He was also part of Ron's Liberty Caucus in the House. I'll be supporting his campaign.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 05:15 AM
I think he could win this on the GOP ticket. The only reason Hickenlunatic won last time was the split ticket.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Hickenlunatic won with 51% of the vote and he's vulnerable no doubt about it in 2014.

Tancredo needs to simply burnish his independent/moderate credentials while keeping the Republican vote. He should tone down the immigration rhetoric and speak more about the 10th amendment and praise impending pot legalization.

Hickenlunatic and Democrats in CO have strangely interpreted their gains against a divided GOP in 2010 as some sort of mandate for a liberal/Obama agenda and the gun grab has many residents furious according to Warlord's noted spies.

This is a state that can easily swing back for Republicans in 2014 if they unite and work hard to make their case to the people there who still have a fleeting respect for liberty and the constitution and aren't necessarily partisan liberals

speciallyblend
05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
I expect he'll win. We'll see.

He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning in a general election. I will be campaigning against him. He should never be Trusted. He is as slimey as gop establishment. We will see but i do not trust tancredo and i have a feeling he will help elect the dem.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 06:20 AM
He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning in a general election. I will be campaigning against him. He should never be Trusted. He is as slimey as gop establishment. We will see but i do not trust tancredo and i have a feeling he will help elect the dem.

I doubt it. If he ran a decent campaign CO could easily swing back. Look at the numbers. The Obama Agenda is not popular and that means the governor and its 2 senators might be in trouble if there are competent candidates. Hopefully Ken Buck can run again for Senate

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2013, 06:21 AM

Tancredo is more pro-pot and anti-War on Drugs than Hickenlooper.

(Not to mention guns, immigration, taxes, etc.)

FrankRep
05-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Who are you going to support?

TruckinMike
05-24-2013, 06:44 AM
//

Brett85
05-24-2013, 06:46 AM

What? I thought you would like Tancredo since he supports legalizing marijuana.

Debbie Downer
05-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Didn't Tancredo say that if pot were legalized he'd finally try it? Did he ever go through with it?

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but if he did, the Feds might arrest him and he won't be able to run for Governor. :/

compromise
05-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Didn't Tancredo say that if pot were legalized he'd finally try it? Did he ever go through with it?

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but if he did, the Feds might arrest him and he won't be able to run for Governor. :/

He didn't do it in the end.

compromise
05-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Hickenlunatic won with 51% of the vote and he's vulnerable no doubt about it in 2014.

Tancredo needs to simply burnish his independent/moderate credentials while keeping the Republican vote. He should tone down the immigration rhetoric and speak more about the 10th amendment and praise impending pot legalization.

Hickenlunatic and Democrats in CO have strangely interpreted their gains against a divided GOP in 2010 as some sort of mandate for a liberal/Obama agenda and the gun grab has many residents furious according to Warlord's noted spies.

This is a state that can easily swing back for Republicans in 2014 if they unite and work hard to make their case to the people there who still have a fleeting respect for liberty and the constitution and aren't necessarily partisan liberals

Tancredo is best known for his immigration stance (that's his main issue) and for him to compromise on that would do a lot of damage. To be honest, Latinos aren't going to vote Tancredo anyway. Tancredo certainly has a good chance at picking up some of the white, working class vote that may previously have gone to Hick.

Debbie Downer
05-24-2013, 07:09 AM
He didn't do it in the end.

Broken promises...typical politician.

That said, I really do hope he runs and wins the nomination. I don't know how good his chances are in the general election, but he does have some positions that would attract independent voters...but has a lot which will turn them off.

I would love to see him and Cuccinelli as governors. They'd be the best in the country since Sanford (and arguably much better) and both could potentially be Rand allies in 2016.

compromise
05-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Broken promises...typical politician.

That said, I really do hope he runs and wins the nomination. I don't know how good his chances are in the general election, but he does have some positions that would attract independent voters...but has a lot which will turn them off.

I would love to see him and Cuccinelli as governors. They'd be the best in the country since Sanford (and arguably much better) and both could potentially be Rand allies in 2016.

I don't think he likes Rand any more. He endorsed him in 2010, but said he "no longer stands with Rand" because Rand backed immigration reform.

Keith and stuff
05-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Hopefully Ken Buck can run again for Senate
Isn't he one of the worst people in CO? Didn't he run the anti medicine campaign hat was soundly defeated by CO others? Hopefully, CO Republicans won't nominate someone that is against patients getting basic medical treatment.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Isn't he one of the worst people in CO? Didn't he run the anti medicine campaign hat was soundly defeated by CO others? Hopefully, CO Republicans won't nominate someone that is against patients getting basic medical treatment.

No he came annoyingly close to winning and can win again if he wants. He was a good candidate who got somewhat bogged down with social issues.

Keith and stuff
05-24-2013, 07:49 AM
No he came annoyingly close to winning and can win again if he wants. He was a good candidate who got somewhat bogged down with social issues.

But he hates some economic freedom too. If he had his way, CO would close down 100s if not 1000s of CO businesses that deal with giving patients basic medical care. He led the very unpopular opposition to therapeutic cannabis.

TaftFan
05-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Good. Maybe my posts on his facebook page paid off, lol.

Brett85
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
The only kind of Republican who can win in Colorado is a Republican who supports their state's marijuana legalization law. Tancredo's stance on that issue will help him greatly.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 08:07 AM
But he hates some economic freedom too. If he had his way, CO would close down 100s if not 1000s of CO businesses that deal with giving patients basic medical care. He led the very unpopular opposition to therapeutic cannabis.

I might be wrong but he'll probably change his mind on this if he ran again due to what happened when they nullified it otherwise he just looks silly.

That's politics for you... we're constantly told you need to win the hearts of minds of the people first when it comes to liberty so when a politician follows their desires we shouldn't put him down.

libertygrl
05-24-2013, 08:57 AM

With all due respect, you are completely misinformed. I followed him pretty extensively when he was the only outspoken voice among Republicans, on illegal immigration and the North American Union during the Bush administration. I would see him alone on CSPAN in the late evening hours, discussing this issue while Bush and the GOP were shoving Amnesty and the NAFTA superhighway down our throats and saying that Americans don't want to do the jobs that the illegals do (which of course, is ridiculous if you are a poor or working class American.)

He was running for President at the same time as Ron Paul back in '07-'08. At the time I knew more about Tancredo and was actually going to vote for him because of the illegal immigration problem. Then I heard Ron Paul on Alex Jones and well... the rest is history.

Please review some of the stances he has taken in the past. My only disagreement with Tancredo is on foreign policy, but I don't believe it's because he's towing the party line. I do believe he is sincere and trustworthy. I don't know if his views have changed since then, but he appears to be the type of person open to dialogue. As long as people are sincere, I think the door is always open to changing minds. As Governor, think he would be very strong on state's rights. Here's some positives to condsider:

Conflict with party leadership
Tancredo's outspoken advocacy for immigration reform, and particularly his criticism of President George W. Bush's border security controls, reportedly made him persona non grata in the Bush White House. According to Tancredo, he and Bush's political adviser, Karl Rove, got into a "screaming match" after Tancredo claimed that "if the nation suffered another attack at the hands of terrorists able to skirt immigration laws, the blood of the people killed" would be on Bush's and Congress’ hands.

In an interview, Tancredo said his falling out with the White House has lasted. "One reason I am persona non grata at the White House is not just because of immigration... but because I refuse to support him on his trade policy, his education policy, Medicare and prescription drugs initiatives.... Here was a Republican Congress increasing government to an extent larger than it had been increased since Medicare had come into existence." Tancredo reported that his career in Congress was threatened by the leadership because of his stances. "I was called into Tom Delay’s office because I was supporting Republican challengers to Republican incumbents. I had a group called Team America that went out and did that. He called me and said to me, 'You’re jeopardizing your career in this place by doing these things.' And I said, 'Tom, out of all the things you can threaten with me that is the least effective because I do not look at this place as a career.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tancredo

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Representative Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) is demanding the Bush Administration fully disclose the activities of the SPP, (Security Prosperity Partnership) which he says, has no authorization from Congress.

Specifically, Tancredo wants to know the membership of the SPP working groups. To date, no one knows who is involved, or is performing the work to create the policies of the SPP. Geri Word, who heads the SPP office told World Net Daily that the work has not been disclosed because "We did not want to get the contact people of the working groups distracted by calls from the public." Yet the SPP denies it is working in secret.

Additional congressional reaction has come from Senator John Cornyn (R-TX). He had introduced a bill, "The North American Investment Act" (S.3622). Incredibly the bill contains near exact language from the book by Robert Pastor entitled "Toward a North American Community." Pastor's book is largely considered to be the blue print for the creation of the North American Union. Much of the contents of the book later appeared in a report from the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) entitled "Building a North American Community." That report was issued just a week before the Summit in Waco.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2006/09/21/01229.html

Tancredo One of Only 3 Co-Sponsors Against NAFTA Superhighway
Rep. Virgil Goode Jr., R-Va., has introduced a resolution – H.C.R. 487 – designed to express “the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union (NAU) with Mexico and Canada.”

The resolution introduced by Goode had three co-sponsors: Reps. Thomas Tancredo, R-Colo., Ron Paul, R-Texas, and Walter Jones, R-N.C.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38165/#lr1iHvuvmFfV5X6t.99

GOP MACHINE WOULD STOP TANCREDO IN HIS TRACKS

Obviously, should Hunter, Paul, or Tancredo miraculously win the White House, the push for a North American Union (NAU) complete with a NAFTA superhighway and a trilateral, hemispheric government, would be stopped dead in its tracks. For this reason, the GOP machine (and the insiders who control it) will never allow someone such as Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, or Tom Tancredo to obtain the nomination.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin345.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Tancredo Agrees To Smoke Marijuana In 'Grassroots' Documentary About Colorado Amendment 64

In a promotional video for a new documentary on the passage of Amendment 64 in Colorado on the crowdfunding website Indiegogo, Congressman Tom Tancredo went even further than just speaking out in favor of marijuana legalization -- he agrees to smoke marijuana with the film's creator, comedian Adam Hartle.

Near the end of the 10-minute trailer for the documentary (at 9:21), Hartle asks Tancredo, "True or false, when Amendment 64 passes and marijuana is legal, the next time I'm out in Colorado, we're going to smoke a joint together."

To which a wide-eyed Tancredo responds simply: "Deal."

The interview is followed by a text card reading:

Please help us get Congressman Tancredo rocky mountain high!

I am endorsing Amendment 64 not despite my conservative beliefs, but because of them.
Throughout my career in public policy and in public office, I have fought to reform or eliminate wasteful and ineffective government programs. There is no government program or policy I can think of that has failed in such a unique way as marijuana prohibition.

Our nation is spending tens of billions of dollars annually in an attempt to prohibit adults from using a substance objectively less harmful than alcohol.

Yet marijuana is still widely available in our society. We are not preventing its use; we are merely ensuring that all of the profits from the sale of marijuana (outside the medical marijuana system) flow to the criminal underground.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/tom-tancredo-agrees-to-sm_n_2528795.html

AuH20
05-24-2013, 10:43 AM
With all due respect, you are completely misinformed. I followed him pretty extensively when he was the only outspoken voice among Republicans, on illegal immigration and the North American Union during the Bush administration. I would see him alone on CSPAN in the late evening hours, discussing this issue while Bush and the GOP were shoving Amnesty and the NAFTA superhighway down our throats and saying that Americans don't want to do the jobs that the illegals do (which of course, is ridiculous if you are a poor or working class American.)

He was running for President at the same time as Ron Paul back in '07-'08. At the time I knew more about Tancredo and was actually going to vote for him because of the illegal immigration problem. Then I heard Ron Paul on Alex Jones and well... the rest is history.

Please review some of the stances he has taken in the past. My only disagreement with Tancredo is on foreign policy, but I don't believe it's because he's towing the party line. I do believe he is sincere and trustworthy. I don't know if his views have changed since then, but he appears to be the type of person open to dialogue. As long as people are sincere, I think the door is always open to changing minds. As Governor, think he would be very strong on state's rights. Here's some positives to condsider:

Tancredo's outspoken advocacy for immigration reform, and particularly his criticism of President George W. Bush's border security controls, reportedly made him persona non grata in the Bush White House. According to Tancredo, he and Bush's political adviser, Karl Rove, got into a "screaming match" after Tancredo claimed that "if the nation suffered another attack at the hands of terrorists able to skirt immigration laws, the blood of the people killed" would be on Bush's and Congress’ hands.

In an interview, Tancredo said his falling out with the White House has lasted. "One reason I am persona non grata at the White House is not just because of immigration... but because I refuse to support him on his trade policy, his education policy, Medicare and prescription drugs initiatives.... Here was a Republican Congress increasing government to an extent larger than it had been increased since Medicare had come into existence." Tancredo reported that his career in Congress was threatened by the leadership because of his stances. "I was called into Tom Delay’s office because I was supporting Republican challengers to Republican incumbents. I had a group called Team America that went out and did that. He called me and said to me, 'You’re jeopardizing your career in this place by doing these things.' And I said, 'Tom, out of all the things you can threaten with me that is the least effective because I do not look at this place as a career.'

Representative Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) is demanding the Bush Administration fully disclose the activities of the SPP, (Security Prosperity Partnership) which he says, has no authorization from Congress.

Specifically, Tancredo wants to know the membership of the SPP working groups. To date, no one knows who is involved, or is performing the work to create the policies of the SPP. Geri Word, who heads the SPP office told World Net Daily that the work has not been disclosed because "We did not want to get the contact people of the working groups distracted by calls from the public." Yet the SPP denies it is working in secret.

Additional congressional reaction has come from Senator John Cornyn (R-TX). He had introduced a bill, "The North American Investment Act" (S.3622). Incredibly the bill contains near exact language from the book by Robert Pastor entitled "Toward a North American Community." Pastor's book is largely considered to be the blue print for the creation of the North American Union. Much of the contents of the book later appeared in a report from the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) entitled "Building a North American Community." That report was issued just a week before the Summit in Waco.

Rep. Virgil Goode Jr., R-Va., has introduced a resolution – H.C.R. 487 – designed to express “the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union (NAU) with Mexico and Canada.”

The resolution introduced by Goode had three co-sponsors: Reps. Thomas Tancredo, R-Colo., Ron Paul, R-Texas, and Walter Jones, R-N.C.

Obviously, should Hunter, Paul, or Tancredo miraculously win the White House, the push for a North American Union (NAU) complete with a NAFTA superhighway and a trilateral, hemispheric government, would be stopped dead in its tracks. For this reason, the GOP machine (and the insiders who control it) will never allow someone such as Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, or Tom Tancredo to obtain the nomination.

Tom Tancredo Agrees To Smoke Marijuana In 'Grassroots' Documentary About Colorado Amendment 64

In a promotional video for a new documentary on the passage of Amendment 64 in Colorado on the crowdfunding website Indiegogo, Congressman Tom Tancredo went even further than just speaking out in favor of marijuana legalization -- he agrees to smoke marijuana with the film's creator, comedian Adam Hartle.

Near the end of the 10-minute trailer for the documentary (at 9:21), Hartle asks Tancredo, "True or false, when Amendment 64 passes and marijuana is legal, the next time I'm out in Colorado, we're going to smoke a joint together."

I am endorsing Amendment 64 not despite my conservative beliefs, but because of them.
Throughout my career in public policy and in public office, I have fought to reform or eliminate wasteful and ineffective government programs. There is no government program or policy I can think of that has failed in such a unique way as marijuana prohibition.

Our nation is spending tens of billions of dollars annually in an attempt to prohibit adults from using a substance objectively less harmful than alcohol.

Yet marijuana is still widely available in our society. We are not preventing its use; we are merely ensuring that all of the profits from the sale of marijuana (outside the medical marijuana system) flow to the criminal underground.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/tom-tancredo-agrees-to-sm_n_2528795.html

Great post. Anyone who has been following Tancredo's career knows he's firmly anti-establishment. The Bushies loathe the man.

Thor
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Agreed, however, if it comes down to Tancredo or Hickenlooper, Tancredo the lesser of 2 evils against the man who signed SB13-013 to allow the Secret Service arrest powers in Colorado to bypass local sheriffs and enforce Federal gun laws. Hickenlooper has to go.

speciallyblend
05-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Agreed, however, if it comes down to Tancredo or Hickenlooper, Tancredo the lesser of 2 evils against the man who signed SB13-013 to allow the Secret Service arrest powers in Colorado to bypass local sheriffs and enforce Federal gun laws. Hickenlooper has to go.

we will see of course, I voted tancredo, I just not sure i trust him.

speciallyblend
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM

with all due respect i voted for him but i do not trust him. I doubt he will win toning back some of his issues is like asking romney to flip flop. oo ok bad example. I doubt he will win.

KingNothing
05-24-2013, 11:19 AM

I think I agree with everything stated above.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 11:22 AM
He's got a better chance than anyone else according to Warlord's own preliminary analysis

On what basis do you say he has No chance to win this race? What polling are you looking at?

Your "feelings" and your conversation with someone at the store doesn't count.

libertygrl
05-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Just out of curiosity, could you please list some of the grievances / legislation you have against Tancredo? Thanks.

Smart3
05-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm disappointed that Tancredo is going to use the death penalty as his reason to get in the race.

Hopefully the legislature repeals it before he gets in office.

Brett85
05-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm disappointed that Tancredo is going to use the death penalty as his reason to get in the race.

I don't really think the death penalty is an issue where there's a consensus among libertarians. I don't see why you would consider that a top issue.

Thor
05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, could you please list some of the grievances / legislation you have against Tancredo? Thanks.

I generally like him, but is all for war with Islamic entities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrQMwrxVFI&feature=player_detailpage#t=172s
Start @ 2:50

So he is for the military industrial complex and big war. That I dislike. But there is a fair amount I do like about him.... far more than Hickenlooper after his recent actions.

But Tancredo said something on the news a few years back, can't remember exactly what it was, but it made me roll my eyes when I saw it.

Smart3
05-24-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't really think the death penalty is an issue where there's a consensus among libertarians. I don't see why you would consider that a top issue.

I do believe there is a consensus outside the Paul-aligned movement against the DP. The State should not have the power to kill people.

I would still vote for him if I lived there, but I wouldn't campaign for him based on this issue and also on the wars.

Debbie Downer
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't think he likes Rand any more. He endorsed him in 2010, but said he "no longer stands with Rand" because Rand backed immigration reform.

That was a while ago before Rand was specific that he won't vote for any immigration reform that doesn't include "Trust but Verify" and lots of other strong measures.

compromise
05-24-2013, 05:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrQMwrxVFI&feature=player_detailpage#t=172s
Start @ 2:50

So he is for the military industrial complex and big war. That I dislike. But there is a fair amount I do like about him.... far more than Hickenlooper after his recent actions.

But Tancredo said something on the news a few years back, can't remember exactly what it was, but it made me roll my eyes when I saw it.

Yeah, that's one of the weird things about him, he's a paleocon except on foreign policy.

However, I doubt his stance on foreign policy matters when he's running for Governor.

Brett85
05-24-2013, 09:20 PM

That doesn't make any difference when he's running for Governor. Governors don't deal with foreign policy issues.

Thor
05-24-2013, 09:33 PM
That doesn't make any difference when he's running for Governor. Governors don't deal with foreign policy issues.

Yup, but it is the mentality of the person and position on important issues. Those will help possibly dictate decisions on other issues. Say for instance Domestic Mundane Prison Camps... How far (or close to home) does the hawkish personality go? But thanks for clearing up the difference between "Governor" and "foreign policy." I was unclear.

Warlord
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
I think getting Tancredo in would be good for the GOP for 2016 in CO. They should unite and help him. They dont really have anyone else. Unless Ken Buck decides to try for it but he might have his eye on another senate run.

enhanced_deficit
05-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I suspect Wall Street is not going to be too thrilled with this.

Tancredo: Beat swindler Madoff with baseball bat, sell tickets | The ... (http://coloradoindependent.com/32288/tancredo-beat-swindler-madoff-with-baseball-bat-sell-tickets)

]coloradoindependent.com/.../tancredo-beat-swindler-madoff-with-baseba...‎
Jun 30, 2009 – After losing his entire life savings to the Bernie Madoff con job, former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo has a better idea for punishing the 71-year-old ...

sailingaway
05-24-2013, 11:44 PM

He did pretty well as an independent, I figured with the 'automatic GOP' vote he'd have it in the bag. I don't live there, though, although I do have family there.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2013, 11:46 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/1zptp1c.jpg

It's the perfect issue in which to beat Hickenlooper over the head. He let a convicted mass murderer off the hook at the final hour, for no good reason. He sure as hell did not tell anyone he was too cowardly to let executions move forward in 2010. Furthermore, he specifically said that the murderer won't be "executed as long as I'm in office." So he basically told Colorado residents to kick his sorry ass out as soon as possible.

The legislature in Colorado already gave up on repealing the death penalty. The main person behind it, Rhonda Fields, dropped it after prosecutors convinced her how valuable having it is by pointing to the James Holmes case, and how he pleaded guilty and saved victims' families a lot of grief and taxpayers a lot of money, in order to avoid the death penalty. Without it, that trial would have happened.

speciallyblend
05-25-2013, 12:11 AM
He did pretty well as an independent, I figured with the 'automatic GOP' vote he'd have it in the bag. I don't live there, though, although I do have family there.

He got alot of votes from protesting votes(mine being one). I doubt he will get many of those protest votes like he did as a 3rd party. Plus he still has to win the gop primary and i have a feeling he will have a challenger that might be more liberty oriented coming from the ron paul liberty wing of the gop in colorado. I would trust tancredo like i would trust a romney,bush or cheney type. I wouldn't!

I am not saying i wouldn't vote for him? I am just saying there has to be a better choice. He might win by default but we can do better then him in the cogop.

Carson
05-25-2013, 07:52 AM
I hope he does well. We need more politicians like him. He has always cared for us.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/thebegining/84604371v3_150x150_Front.JPG

COpatriot
05-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I really hope the Chuck E. Cheese shooter doesn't become a central issue to this campaign. That said, I will fully support Tancredo against Hick. It has to be on the GOP ticket though because what we had in 2010 was a joke. I agree with him on guns, weed, and immigration. The only hang-up is all the evangelical Focus on the Family dumbasses we have down here in my county who won't want to support a candidate who is pro pot legalization.

But it's not just about the governor race. We have to win enough seats in the legislature so we can repeal the bullshit gun-grabbing legislation.

Brett85
05-25-2013, 08:48 AM
The only hang-up is all the evangelical Focus on the Family dumbasses we have down here in my county who won't want to support a candidate who is pro pot legalization.

I would think they would vote for Tancredo over a Democrat who's pro choice and pro gay marriage.

Warlord
05-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I think there's a chance of Tancredo pulling this off. He's really the GOPs best hope unless Buck wants to try for it. He has solid name recognition and to get 36% as an independent is stunning. Hick got 51%, hardly a landslide and the state will swing to the GOP which means him and Udall will have to defend some pretty crap policies like Obamacare and gun grabbing. We need to make sure someone competent and effective like Tancredo is in place to take advantage and maybe Ken Buck will run for Senate again. He came close.