PDA

View Full Version : Turn off the Empathy Box

constituent
06-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think anymore needs to be said.

Forget the media, forget tv. We all know where their interests lie (and if you don't by now...). Want to change the way Ron Paul is being treated? Quit sweating it and sending people to those sites. Quite paying for the product that they are selling you. Cancel your cable subscription, cancel your magazines. But first write a letter to the corporate HQ and explain why you are doing it.

If you can't give up your Simpson, or 24 or whatever, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

And is it just me or are the MSM malkin-type operatives swarming this place?

Dan Klaus
06-25-2007, 01:00 AM
You do have a point here. I live overseas and don't watch CNN, Fox or American television shows and I am often amazed that my family friends are basing there political opinions (and damned near everything they think and believe) on what they hear on the nightly news. I am in the process of using the soft approach to help family members explore independently their own opinions to the different subjects (taxes, foriegn policy, etc) and to then match up their self-determined opinions to the candidate that best represents their views. Its like pulling teeth, but I hope to de-program some folks when I return stateside for vacation.