PDA

View Full Version : IL-Mayor and town cop shoot family beagle, for no apparent reason.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Dowell family looks for answers after dog shot

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/22401199/dowell-family-looks-for-answers-after-dog-shot

DOWELL, IL (KFVS) -

A Jackson County family was stunned after learning their dog was shot and killed by police.

Authorities aren’t talking, but the family is.

“I was just thinking how could somebody do that to me and just leave him in my yard for me to come home and find,” Brittany Tilley said.

Tilley and her dad, Mike, never expected they would bury their two-year-old dog Boots so soon.

The beagle and lab mix was found shot in the head on Sunday. Days later, they still don’t know what drove someone to kill the dog.

“A decision just to shoot a dog with a bullet is not a way to get rid of somebody’s dog,” Mike Tilley said.

He was out of town when the dog got loose.

A friend of the family, Damian Sowl, said he was walking his own dog when he said Mayor Dennis Stewart told him to stay off the street.

Sowl said he even asked if he could round up the dog, but he said the mayor told him to keep moving.

According to police reports, Sowl left the area, but he said he heard what happened.

“And like five minutes later we heard the gunshot and rushed over here and we seen the dog right there,” Sowl said.

Moments later Sowl claims he saw the mayor and Dowell police officer Ralph Smith leaving the area.

The family said the dog never showed signs of being aggressive; and what they can’t understand is why the dog had to die.

According to the Dowell Village attorney, the Perry and Jackson County Sheriff’s Department are investigating. Right now, both the mayor and officer involved could not be reached for comment

Red Green
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Psychopaths generally get their jollies from torturing and killing animals. I think that several sadistic serial killers exhibited this type of behavior prior to being caught for murder (Ted Bundy comes to mind).

SeanTX
05-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Dowell family looks for answers after dog shot

The family said the dog never showed signs of being aggressive; and what they can’t understand is why the dog had to die.

The reason will be the standard "F*CK YOU, that's why!."