PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: IRS hiding something

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) says its looks as if “the IRS has got something to hide” after one of its top officials invoked the Fifth Amendment and refused to answer lawmakers’ questions about why conservative groups were targeted.

“Well, [it] looks to me like the IRS has got something to hide here. The White House has changed the story of what happened and what they knew and when they knew it about half a dozen times already,” Boehner said on Fox News on Wednesday.

He continued: “And it’s clear that this appears to be a pervasive problem. As I said last week, I’m not interested in who’s going to resign, I’m interested in who’s going to jail. There are specific laws that pertain to IRS employees… There’s a serious problem, and I think it’s our job to get to the bottom of it.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/john-boehner-irs-hiding-something-91807.html#ixzz2U84N6zOC

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
If Boehner thinks people should go to jail then he should appoint a special prosecutor but he's still holding out. He trusts Holder's DoJ which is dumb.

HOLLYWOOD
05-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Washington District of Criminals... they ALL are hiding something/everything. Does anyone think the GOP will do anything with the Tax Code? Reign in the IRS? HAH!

John Boehner is no different than Nancy Pelosi... criminals, protecting government's illegal operations and 'Power To The Party' Capital Hill turf wars all to maintain their control .

Two legalized crime families (Republican & Democrat) parties, that's all it is, they shake down the taxpayers for their profit and power as they enjoy the spoils of their palaces.

Even with sequester, John Boehner increased the Legislative branch budget for this Fiscal Year. :rolleyes:

jkr
05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
is it their AUTHORITY?

LEGITIMACY?

how about their REAL REASON FOR EXISTING?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
If Boehner thinks people should go to jail then he should appoint a special prosecutor but he's still holding out. He trusts Holder's DoJ which is dumb.

Correction: They all trust each other.