Update On Adam Kokesh Status:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiRrvGuhIfk&feature=player_embedded

asurfaholic
05-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Cant watch, can someone summarize?

ClydeCoulter
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM

Still watching it, saying it appears that Adam is hunkering down for the long haul in solitary confinement. Adam talked to his dad yesterday (after 4 days) and was only allowed to after his attorney filed and it was approved. The march will go on with/without Adam...

Wooden Indian
05-23-2013, 09:00 AM

Kokesh has reason to believe he'll be locked up until after July 4th. Is locked in a "solitary" type of deal where he has no one to communicate with. Wants march to go on. Alex still thinks the march may be a bad idea, but repects their going forward with it.

ZENemy
05-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Kokesh has reason to believe he'll be locked up until after July 4th. Is locked in a "solitary" type of deal where he has no one to communicate with. Wants march to go on. Alex still thinks the march may be a bad idea, but repects their going forward with it.

I hope the march will go on without him.

JK/SEA
05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
//

ghengis86
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Still watching it, saying it appears that Adam is hunkering down for the long haul in solitary confinement. Adam talked to his dad yesterday (after 4 days) and was only allowed to after his attorney filed and it was approved. The march will go on with/without Adam...

Uh, on what basis ate the holding him without bail and in solitary? I know what they're doing but seriously, WTF?!

Yieu
05-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Uh, on what basis ate the holding him without bail and in solitary? I know what they're doing but seriously, WTF?!

NDAA? I believe a judge put on hold temporarily the portion on indefinite detention, but I don't think that would stop them from using a law that doesn't currently exist.

jllundqu
05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
I hope the march will go on without him.

This should energize the masses! We should storm the damn Capitol over this...

*** Disclaimer to DHS/Fusion Centers - I in no way advocate the over-throw of the U.S. Government, nor do I encourage the participants of this march on July 4 to use any and all force necessary to fight for our damn freedoms on freaking Independence Day. ;)

ClydeCoulter
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I'll just leave this here, start watching at 18:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbrUPtwIKuk

brandon
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
He has another hearing today. I bet he's going to be released today on bail.

Wooden Indian
05-23-2013, 10:07 AM

Close.

See, reports are that after being offered a release on bail, Mr. Kokesh lunged at a Federal Officer in an attempt to seize his firearm. Fearing for his life, the officer had no choice but to regretfully draw his weapon and discharge it at the crazed attacker.

The officer suffered blistering on his trigger finger and was airlifted to a trauma center for evaluation of his finger injury.

Soon following the incident President Obama calls for ban on bail.

juleswin
05-23-2013, 10:10 AM
I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets off without a debilitating criminal record like a felony. We are rooting for you Adam \o/

JK/SEA
05-23-2013, 10:35 AM
ban on bail....unless you're a government fucktard.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Here's a PDF link put out by cops about "high profile" prisoners; [just a google grab but may prove enlightening]

http://www.aca.org/fileupload/177/prasannak/Etter_web.pdf

jclay2
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
So whats the consensus here? Do we think Adam will get out bail or is it likely he is going to be in prison for two months because an officer bear hugged him?

tod evans
05-23-2013, 11:22 AM
So whats the consensus here? Do we think Adam will get out bail or is it likely he is going to be in prison for two months because an officer bear hugged him?

The prosecuting attorney makes that call...

brandon
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Yep looks like it. NA Poe will be released shortly. We'll find out about Adam soon.

RickyJ
05-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Yep looks like it. NA Poe will be released shortly. We'll find out about Adam soon.

The green shirt man that apparently tried to plant something on Adam will not be happy to hear that he is out on bail.

messana
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
The green shirt man that apparently tried to plant something on Adam will not be happy to hear that he is out on bail.

This guy?

https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/336662336825876480

RickyJ
05-23-2013, 12:16 PM
This guy?

https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/336662336825876480

He may not have planted anything on him, but he sure the heck appeared to try to plant something on him.

brandon
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Adam refusing to provide address or phone number so he is not being released today.

ZENemy
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Adam refusing to provide address or phone number so he is not being released today.

Im not saying its a smart thing but its high time someone really "did not consent"

The more you speak the more you consent to these people (the feds)

CaptUSA
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Geez. What they're doing to him is ridiculous! Non-violent civil disobedience is punishable by indefinite detention, I guess.

I just hope they don't take away his mirror. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for him.

donnay
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Geez. What they're doing to him is ridiculous! Non-violent civil disobedience is punishable by indefinite detention, I guess.

I just hope they don't take away his mirror. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for him.

Our hijacked government have been doing this for years in Guantanamo! :mad:

Lucille
05-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Latest from Adam's twitter:

Support Adam and his Crew (http://freeadam.net/support/)

This money will be used to make sure that Adam Kokesh has what he needs while in jail and to keep his operation running while he is unable to do so himself. This money will also be used to transport the AVTM (“Adam vs The Man”) staff and camera man to all events happening in Philadelphia involving Adam Kokesh. The AVTM team has no access to Adam’s funds and need to keep The AVTM operation moving forward per Adam’s request. These funds are managed directly by Adam’s AVTM business team.
[...]
A note from George Donnelly: In a federal cage, the guards keep the temperature around 50 F. It’s no joke. I was in that same prison and also in the hole where Adam is (the “SHU”). Adam will need commissary funds for sweaters. He will need decent shoes because they ones they issue you are thin-soled plastic jokes. Everything is cold in there, especially the hard concrete floors. He will need commissary funds for phone calls and snacks too because you burn a lot of calories trying to stay warm in there. Also, prisons are fertile breeding grounds of diseases like MRSA. Adam will need commissary funds for hygiene supplies so he doesn’t get sick. And his crew needs funds to continue Adam vs The Man operations and to eat and transport themselves. No one has access to Adam’s personal funds while he is on the inside. Please donate above if you want to help support Adam in this way while he is in a cage. Legal defense funds can not be used for this purpose as they are destined exclusively for legal purposes. Thank you.

(Just donated a Jackson.)

SMOKE DOWN PROHIBITION VI
https://www.facebook.com/events/460675710683411/

ADAM vs the MAN and the PANIC HOUR are proud to announce Smoke Down Prohibition VI , featuring a moment on cannabis reflection at 4:20 on the north side of the whitehouse ,to demand a joint summit with president choom and to demand an end to the insanity of the war on drugs
choom choom motherfuckers choom choom

"president choom." LOL

http://www.ismokeherb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/obama-gettin-stoned-470x310.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkYcUOfajj4&feature=player_detailpage

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 01:18 PM
The government has filed a motion to keep Adam Kokesh in jail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQadiH5LM-9r5wJwelGLdJue1_WgddYXvcPZmQJ9Kac/pub (see docket 4)

ETA: Docket 4 also shows the court's order to detain Kokesh without bail.

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 01:30 PM
The government has filed a motion to keep Adam Kokesh in jail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQadiH5LM-9r5wJwelGLdJue1_WgddYXvcPZmQJ9Kac/pub (see docket 4)

and it was granted.
they are the abusive husband telling his crying wife after beating her- "See what you made me do, its your fault i beat you"
the government is saying that, since adam doesn't want to talk to them, he has imprisoned himself.
but that is false, because if adam tries to leave, you will see that it is in fact, someone else holding him prisoner.

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 01:56 PM
So he's looking at up to 8 years and a quarter mil fine for stepping in front of and grabbing a park rangers arm. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS????

Then the judge confines him to solitary and indefinite detention, well till the trial - and when is that anyway?

Apparently because he refused to give them information they already had. Hmm, think he's gotten cold feet and found a tactic to remove himself and much more serious charges from the march or kill the march all together? He says the march will go on, with or without him.

-t

noneedtoaggress
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM

There were also some conditions relating to firearms. I don't remember exactly what they were, but they essentially restricted him from having access or being in the proximity of them or something to that extent.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
So he's looking at up to 8 years and a quarter mil fine for stepping in front of and grabbing a park rangers arm. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS????

Then the judge confines him to solitary and indefinite detention, well till the trial - and when is that anyway?

Apparently because he refused to give them information they already had. Hmm, think he's gotten cold feet and found a tactic to remove himself and much more serious charges from the march or kill the march all together? He says the march will go on, with or without him.

-t

How would charges from the march have been more serious? The only thing he's refused, apparently, is to answer questions in non-recorded, outside-the-courtroom interrogations.

Lucille
05-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Via Adam's twitter (link to FedBook):
Adam will remained caged until atleast tuesday... more info to come
[...]
Seth Roark "I just got out of court. NA Poe has been released on pretrial services conditions. Adam would not give up his home address unless it was conditional and the judge would not allow that. Another hearing is scheduled for next week. Adams lawyer did a hell of a job ! gave some very good arguments during the probable cause portion of the hearing for the judge to think about and consider , that could literally have the charge dismissed . Add my pin in the judge was very reasonable and Adams attorney really shook up the government attorneys. The judge said he wanted to release Adam, but Adam would not agree to any conditions that he was not made aware about before giving over his address. The judge said that at any time he could turn that information over and be (conditionally) released. In my opinion overall today was a good day in court." ~Nathan Cox

Czolgosz
05-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Would Adam accept, or reject, being freed by force?

brandon
05-23-2013, 02:32 PM

-t
He's not in solitary and the detention is not indefinite. As of now he will be detained until either he gives them basic information or until trial.

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 02:34 PM
There were also some conditions relating to firearms. I don't remember exactly what they were, but they essentially restricted him from having access or being in the proximity of them or something to that extent.

Can you say July 4th March? - I thought you could!

How would charges from the march have been more serious? The only thing he's refused, apparently, is to answer questions in non-recorded, outside-the-courtroom interrogations.

You are correct. Apparently the charges here vary by the severity of the crime:

Step in front of and grab the arm of a state park officer = 8 years
Walk into DC with a loaded firearm = 5 years (though that's a number Adam threw out - I would expect it to be a lot more).

Makes TOTAL sense! :rolleyes:

-t

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
He's not in solitary and the detention is not indefinite. As of now he will be detained until either he gives them basic information or until trial.

Previous post said he was in solitary and if you follow the link to the motion to detain him and the judges decision, it reads pretty clearly, if you can - solitary!

-t

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Where does the court say they'll release him if he gives his address? Is this information coming from witnesses who were in the courtroom today?

05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Where does the court say they'll release him if he gives his address? Is this information coming from witnesses who were in the courtroom today?

It's in the motion.

He's being held because he refuses to give the basic information the government requires to assure he will appear. There is extensive case law precedent for this, it's nothing new.

He's made his own bed, now he can sleep in it.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Previous post said he was in solitary and if you follow the link to the motion to detain him and the judges decision, it reads pretty clearly, if you can - solitary!

-t

I don't see "solitary" in the judge's order under docket 4 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQadiH5LM-9r5wJwelGLdJue1_WgddYXvcPZmQJ9Kac/pub). The part about Kokesh being kept "... separate, to the extent practicable, from persons awaiting or serving sentences or being held in custody pending appeal" is standard, to give the appearance that the court is complying with 18 USC 3142 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/USCODE-2011-title18/USCODE-2011-title18-partII-chap207-sec3142/content-detail.html)(i) "In a detention order issued under subsection (e) of this section, the judicial officer shall—...(2) direct that the person be committed to the custody of the Attorney General for confinement in a corrections facility separate, to the extent practicable, from persons awaiting or serving sentences or being held in custody pending appeal".

brandon
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM

-t

I think you are misreading it. The order was to keep him separated from convicts, which is common for people that are still awaiting trial. That's not the same thing as solitary.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 02:49 PM
There is extensive case law precedent for this

The court filings don't cite the case law. Can you please provide a citation?

JK/SEA
05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Via Adam's twitter (link to FedBook):

"I just got out of court. NA Poe has been released on pretrial services conditions. Adam would not give up his home address unless it was conditional and the judge would not allow that. Another hearing is scheduled for next week. Adams lawyer did a hell of a job ! gave some very good arguments during the probable cause portion of the hearing for the judge to think about and consider , that could literally have the charge dismissed . Add my pin in the judge was very reasonable and Adams attorney really shook up the government attorneys. The judge said he wanted to release Adam, but Adam would not agree to any conditions that he was not made aware about before giving over his address. The judge said that at any time he could turn that information over and be (conditionally) released. In my opinion overall today was a good day in court." ~Nathan Cox

JK/SEA
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM

he's getting them...be patient....

tick tock tick tock....

i'll check back later...

tick tock...

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
he's getting them...be patient....

No doubt.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 03:04 PM
The "pre-sentence investigation" that the government speaks of is done by the US parole commission and NEVER proves beneficial for the accused!

Adam and his lawyer are smart to withhold every piece of information they can from these evil bastards, even if it means a couple more days in the hole...

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
The "pre-sentence investigation" that the government speaks of is done by the US parole commission...

... outside the courtroom, out of public view, and not tape-recorded....

18 USC 3142 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/USCODE-2011-title18/USCODE-2011-title18-partII-chap207-sec3142/content-detail.html)(f) places the burden on the government to prove that the defendant is a flight-risk or danger; the government's only evidence is Kokesh's decision to exercise his legal right to remain silent. Such nonsense only strengthens Kokesh's argument for an armed civilian presence in D.C.

noneedtoaggress
05-23-2013, 03:21 PM
He's made his own bed, now he can sleep in it.

Actually the Feds made his bed cell and told him he had to sleep in it if he wouldn't give up his [gun] rights.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 03:22 PM
According to "the-gov" refusal to cooperate in any way proves danger...

He's still locked up isn't he?

... outside the courtroom, out of public view, and not tape-recorded....

18 USC 3142 (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/USCODE-2011-title18/USCODE-2011-title18-partII-chap207-sec3142/content-detail.html)(f) places the burden on the government to prove that the defendant is a flight-risk or danger; the government's only evidence is Kokesh's decision to exercise his legal right to remain silent. Such nonsense only strengthens Kokesh's argument for an armed civilian presence in D.C.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 03:26 PM
According to "the-gov" refusal to cooperate in any way proves danger...

The government construed my refusal to plead guilty as a sign of dangerousness.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
The government construed my refusal to plead guilty as a sign of dangerousness.

Kneel!

Serf....

05-23-2013, 04:08 PM

The bail reform act allows the federal courts to hold a defendant who is potentially dangerous to the community and US v. Salerno affirmed that it does not violate the due process clause.

Note the word potentially.

DGambler
05-23-2013, 04:16 PM
And the community in this case is the Government itself. Kokesh is in no way potentially dangerous and you know it. You're a pos.

Spikender
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
The bail reform act allows the federal courts to hold a defendant who is potentially dangerous to the community and US v. Salerno affirmed that it does not violate the due process clause.

Note that you are in support of Kokesh's arrest and detainment for no discernible reason.

You have some issues if you honestly are in support of Kokesh's ordeal. I'd hope you'd be able to overcome whatever biases you have against him and agree that this is wrong.

Carlybee
05-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Has anyone contacted his representative in Congress about this? He sounds screwed without somebody pulling some strings.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Has anyone contacted his representative in Congress about this? He sounds screwed without somebody pulling some strings.

Congress authorized every step the government has taken..

Carlybee
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Congress authorized every step the government has taken..

Generally and collectively yes, but if his rep(s) are second amendment advocates..for that matter 1st amendment advocates he/she/they should be contacted individually unless Adam is wanting to play martyr.

05-23-2013, 04:27 PM
And the community in this case is the Government itself. Kokesh is in no way potentially dangerous and you know it. You're a pos.

There is a rather strong felony case against him right now and he has previously announced a time and date he intends to commit another felony. That in itself meets the standard of proof to hold him.

My or your opinion of the laws he's broken are irrelevant and we probably agree they need to be changed. I would support open or concealed carry in states in DC and legalizing marijuana. Our disagreement seems to be how to go about changing it. You and Kokesh apparently think you can just do whatever you want and I want to do it through the system.

Note that you are in support of Kokesh's arrest and detainment for no discernible reason.

You have some issues if you honestly are in support of Kokesh's ordeal. I'd hope you'd be able to overcome whatever biases you have against him and agree that this is wrong.

I think he's either conintelpro or needs mental health treatment.

So yes, I think it's best he stay where he is for now.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 04:34 PM
He's being held because he refuses to give the basic information the government requires to assure he will appear. There is extensive case law precedent for this, it's nothing new.

The Bail Reform Act distinguishes between flight-risk and dangerousness, and the Act places the proof-burden on the government, not the defendant. Neither the Act nor Salerno (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=5741581181224640770) supports your claim about Kokesh's refusal "to give the basic information".

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 04:39 PM

But you've only failed to show any rational basis for your opinion here.

Spikender
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM

Wow.

There are no words for me to say at all. Kokesh has had his moments, but he is obviously a friend of liberty. I see even now you're going to stick by your COINTELPRO line about him, so I'm not going to argue with you.

But wishing that someone stays imprisoned because you don't like them or think they're crazy is wrong. You know how many folks out there probably think you need medical help because of your stances? Don't fall into the trap of calling others crazy just because you don't agree with everything they say or do. It makes you seem just like the establishment and their cries of libertarians being crackpots.

ClydeCoulter
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM
@69360,
Do you keep a list of all the laws you break each day on your refrigerator so that you can beg forgiveness each day, or what?

tod evans
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
In the end the AUSA decides if he goes home, even the judge can't stop him from levying more charges no matter how fallacious..

And this is the reason I support publicly disemboweling any government attorney who doesn't represent the will of the people every time..

If these slimy bastards are ever held accountable the system could in theory fix itself...

jclay2
There is a rather strong felony case against him right now and he has previously announced a time and date he intends to commit another felony. That in itself meets the standard of proof to hold him.

My or your opinion of the laws he's broken are irrelevant and we probably agree they need to be changed. I would support open or concealed carry in states in DC and legalizing marijuana. Our disagreement seems to be how to go about changing it. You and Kokesh apparently think you can just do whatever you want and I want to do it through the system.

-rep. I can't believe I am reading this crap on ron paul forums.

Michigan11
Alright, so why is he refusing to give his address, basic identity information? I am not understanding this.

Spikender
05-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Alright, so why is he refusing to give his address, basic identity information? I am not understanding this.

Non-compliance.

Passive resistance, if you will.

MelissaCato
05-23-2013, 04:44 PM
People who are sentenced to jail or end up in jail for what ever reason ALWAYS go to quarantine. Quarantine is anywhere from 4 - 12 days. Adam will not be released into general population or into the work release program until his health is cleared by a Dr. (he will also be tested for TB at some point during quarantine and those results take days)

So he's prolly still in quarantine not solitary confinement.

This is how they do it in my county jail anyhow. LOL I took jail time instead of house arrest for a DUI. :cool:

anaconda
05-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Uh, on what basis ate the holding him without bail and in solitary?

^This.

Michigan11
05-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Non-compliance.

Passive resistance, if you will.

Ok thanks for the reply. What is the expected outcome from not providing this basic information while being held? Are there other cases in which people have done this and what were the outcomes? Did the judge finally just let the people out or is it a stare down in who flinches first?

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 04:54 PM
People who are sentenced to jail or end up in jail for what ever reason ALWAYS go to quarantine. Quarantine is anywhere from 4 - 12 days.

That's not the case at FCI Tucson (http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/tcn/) or Central Arizona Detention Center (http://www.cca.com/).

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM

"You have the right to remain silent."

QuickZ06
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
I can't believe I am reading this crap on ron paul forums.

Neither can I.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
-rep. I can't believe I am reading this crap on ron paul forums.

I take it as a sign of enlightened moderation here. Respect for the ideals of free speech means people are permitted to post irrational opinions and false claims about the law; it means paid shills against liberty are going to have a voice here. It's a small price to pay for the free exchange of ideas.

jclay2
05-23-2013, 05:07 PM
I take it as a sign of enlightened moderation here. Respect for the ideals of free speech means people are permitted to post irrational opinions and false claims about the law; it means paid shills against liberty are going to have a voice here. It's a small price to pay for the free exchange of ideas.

True. I guess that is why we have a rep system as well.

05-23-2013, 05:07 PM
The Bail Reform Act distinguishes between flight-risk and dangerousness, and the Act places the proof-burden on the government, not the defendant. Neither the Act nor Salerno (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=5741581181224640770) supports your claim about Kokesh's refusal "to give the basic information".

The judge ruled the standard of proof was met and he's held. Having no information at all besides his name makes him a flight risk and his stated intent to commit another felony upon release makes him a danger.

But you've only failed to show any rational basis for your opinion here.

I don't have to this is RPF not a court of law. I've seen him around various places in person and personally think something is not right.

@69360,
Do you keep a list of all the laws you break each day on your refrigerator so that you can beg forgiveness each day, or what?

No, but I don't intentionally break them in a high profile manner.

Michigan11
05-23-2013, 05:08 PM
"You have the right to remain silent."

Yeah that's true, and you should always remain silent until you have an attorney present. I am not understanding what happens here, if you will. Is the judge now going to just hold him til he gives up his address? Or is the judge eventually going to blink and say alright adios amigos? I am not fully understanding witholding an address. The part of not talking to cops I understand.

I am trying to understand what is going on is all.

05-23-2013, 05:10 PM
True. I guess that is why we have a rep system as well.

Hmm, but I seem to have more than either of you and get + repped for my thoughts about a 3 to 1 ratio pos to neg. Oh well, you're all entitled to speak your minds too.

05-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah that's true, and you should always remain silent until you have an attorney present. I am not understanding what happens here, if you will. Is the judge now going to just hold him til he gives up his address? Or is the judge eventually going to blink and say alright adios amigos? I am not fully understanding witholding an address. The part of not talking to cops I understand.

It really makes no sense at all.

Just a WAG, but if he's cointel it might make sense to sit in jail for an arbitrary reason like this, let everyone get arrested in DC and become prohibited persons, then get out afterwards. Or he's just a showboating, self indulgent troubled person.

damiengwa
05-23-2013, 05:15 PM
If he give them his address police will go to his house and seize his guns. He is being asked to disclose firearms ownership, and to agree to not possess or even 'be around' firearms. Eg, they are asking him to agree to not go to the open carry march or be armed, or they will hold him.

He will stay in jail and roll the dice that his attorney can get the case thrown out. But my guess is the judge will be pressured by the security monster to let the charges go to trial.

I think he should opt for a trial by judge. The evidence is so clear. If the judge convicts him, it will prove the system is rigged.

There is no law stating you can't own a gun when charged with a felony, only convicted.

This is another area where the 2nd amendment is quietly stripped. Charged with a felony and the court threatens to hold you till you waive your 2nd amendment. So much for innocent till proven guilty.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
New court docs are posted: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQadiH5LM-9r5wJwelGLdJue1_WgddYXvcPZmQJ9Kac/pub

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
^This.

because he refuses to talk to them, which is his right.

damiengwa
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
69360, YOU are controlled opposition. You are a crappy contractor for the FBI/DHS cointel pro program.

I've watched you consistently past false facts about Kokesh. You've purposely distorted. YOU are the fed. Its the pot calling the kettle black.

And if you are not a paid shill, you are a sad person. You need help. I pray for you either way. No please go back into your hole now that i've called you out, again.

Michigan11
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
If he give them his address police will go to his house and seize his guns. He is being asked to disclose firearms ownership, and to agree to not possess or even 'be around' firearms. Eg, they are asking him to agree to not go to the open carry march or be armed, or they will hold him.

He will stay in jail and roll the dice that his attorney can get the case thrown out. But my guess is the judge will be pressured by the security monster to let the charges go to trial.

I think he should opt for a trial by judge. The evidence is so clear. If the judge convicts him, it will prove the system is rigged.

There is no law stating you can't own a gun when charged with a felony, only convicted.

This is another area where the 2nd amendment is quietly stripped. Charged with a felony and the court threatens to hold you till you waive your 2nd amendment. So much for innocent till proven guilty.

Ok, thanks for providing this information. That would then make sense why he wouldn't provide his address information. And his only charge is putting his arm on the guy arresting him?

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 05:21 PM

They surely already have his address, so it's something else they're after.

Also, some attorneys, including many public defenders, are really working against defendants; so even their presence doesn't mean you should waive your right to remain silent.

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 05:22 PM
69360, YOU are controlled opposition. You are a crappy contractor for the FBI/DHS cointel pro program.

I've watched you consistently past false facts about Kokesh. You've purposely distorted. YOU are the fed. Its the pot calling the kettle black.

And if you are not a paid shill, you are a sad person. You need help. I pray for you either way. No please go back into your hole now that i've called you out, again.

69360 is indeed here for nefarious purposes.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, thanks for providing this information. That would then make sense why he wouldn't provide his address information. And his only charge is putting his arm on the guy arresting him?

See docket 4 in the docs I just linked to.

05-23-2013, 05:26 PM
69360 is indeed here for nefarious purposes.

Yeah, to keep people from doing foolish things that will set the progress we've made so far back years.

It just blows my mind that some of you think smoking dope in a park and fighting with the cops will make it legal and marching into DC with loaded guns will make that legal. Use the system to effect change, it works. Get good people elected and push them to change the laws.

Carlybee
05-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah, to keep people from doing foolish things that will set the progress we've made so far back years.

It just blows my mind that some of you think smoking dope in a park and fighting with the cops will make it legal and marching into DC with loaded guns will make that legal. Use the system to effect change, it works. Get good people elected and push them to change the laws.

Thanks Mr.Nanny

No, he is said to have grabbed the officer arresting somebody else. That's obstruction and a felony.

torchbearer

how long have you been a political activist?
what is your political resume?

damiengwa
05-23-2013, 05:31 PM

Right but the court docs say that he only wouldn't provide info like his address, family ties, and passport. But the next thing is to ask about guns, its done when setting bail conditions, which hasn't happened b/c the government granted the governments motion to detain till trial. So its not even in the court record, adn won't be as long as kokesh keeps not providing the info. He's doing it intentionally to make a point i guess, b/c he doesn't want to agree to the bail terms they would set for him, which if he violated by say, attending hte march, he would face even more charges.

There is another hearing tuesday, not sure what its about but maybe he gets to move for a dismissal then or something. Not a lawyer, just going on what those panic hours guys said and what court docs were posted.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Having no information at all besides his name makes him a flight risk

No it doesn't; and furthermore, only a mental-defective would believe that the government has no information besides his name.

his stated intent to commit another felony upon release makes him a danger.

His stated intent to non-violently violate an unconstitutional legislative act shows a likelihood that he will commit unlawful violence? Not even the judge or U.S. Attorney has made such a mentally-deficient argument.

you've only failed to show any rational basis for your opinion here.

I don't have to this is RPF not a court of law.

So it's only your RPF-credibility that you're destroying.

JK/SEA
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
how long have you been a political activist?
what is your political resume?

he comes in here with his authortarian bullshit, then preaches to everyone about how WE are screwing up the Liberty movement by supporting someone who is a former Marine and exercises his Constitutional rights...this person is confused...among other things.

Michigan11
05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
They surely already have his address, so it's something else they're after.

Also, some attorneys, including many public defenders, are really working against defendants; so even their presence doesn't mean you should waive your right to remain silent.

Hell I know about court. I wouldn't even allow a public defender to represent me. I would represent myself if it came to that. The courts are all corrupt, it's really something everyone needs to see and experience themselves to understand how it all works. Plea deals. The best private attorneys help elect the judges, who are all interconnected. It's a buddy system, and they laugh all the way to the bank.

Definitely need a good attorney though when you need representation. It's not cheap either, because those attorneys have so many get out of trouble cards to use, and the rest get thrown under the bus. The attorney wants to know you can pay him well and return the network favor to him in the future. That he will get business referals possibly from you.

KingRobbStark
05-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Go Adam. He definitely won me back.

damiengwa
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Glad so many people on here know how corrupt the courts are.

I guess the die is largely cast in this case. I think Adam will likely beat the charges, but he won't beat the walk. They will:

1) Keep him in jail till at least after J4
2) Only release him on the condition he surrenders guns and agrees not to be around guns
3) have the outside chance of putting him away when he eventually goes to trial

4) Adam has slight chance of getting case dismissed before j4, but his ability to organize the event is reduced.

The man +1, Adam 0?

damiengwa
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Well with adam in jail i guess every one will stay home and drink beer and eat hot dogs on j4. clearly the government wins. March is over! /sarc

Anti Federalist
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM

In other words:

I disapprove of you and your tactics, so I think the state should lock you up for an undetermined length of time, on the slimmest of "charges".

What a friend of liberty you are.

-rep...and that doesn't happen often.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
This is not about me.... If anything should happen to me... it will be of no consequence.... If I were to die tomorrow, someone else will take my place on Independence Day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3NT9hSRBQ&feature=youtu.be&a

NERVE
05-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Something downloaded itself onto my phone at the beginning of the vid then the video shut off a minute later.

MelissaCato
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOp_9VfR6o

QueenB4Liberty
05-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I used to think Adam was nuts. But I had lunch with him a few weeks ago and he's a really nice guy.

It was complete bullshit he was arrested at all, and I would never wish prison on anyone. But every has to go before a judge and answer questions before he's to be let out on bail or bond. It doesn't matter if the information is tattooed on your forehead, you still have to say it. Just another flaw in the justice system. I understand why he's not being compliant. But if I was going to commit an act of civil disobedience like the open carry march, I would be more careful and make super sure nothing could mess that up. I hope he's out in time and is still able to attend the march. I think it will go on regardless, but I also want him to be able to attend.

Roxi
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Posted on Niks fb page a bit ago:

http://i44.tinypic.com/flvtdu.png

Czolgosz
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I'll take 1776 type of liberty activism over 69630's, any day, decade, or century.

DGambler
05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
No, he is said to have grabbed the officer arresting somebody else. That's obstruction and a felony.

I've seen the videos, he didn't.

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOp_9VfR6o

it bothers me every second of the day, that he is in a cage.
it is as if they had put me in a cage.
adam has only confirmed my own prison.

NERVE
05-23-2013, 06:49 PM
sooo the poe guy got out? that's great! i will be there just as a middle finger to the people who don't want it to happen.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
... every has to go before a judge and answer questions before he's to be let out on bail or bond. It doesn't matter if the information is tattooed on your forehead, you still have to say it.

What legal authority do the courts have to imprison people for remaining silent?

kcchiefs6465
05-23-2013, 07:02 PM
What legal authority do the courts have to imprison people for remaining silent?
I would like to see someone take this up.

Remaining silent is the same as pleading not guilty, as I am sure you are aware. It shows that you do not see the court as legitimate and the charges false. They ought not to be able to punish someone simply for that.

A bail should be assigned and if he is able to post he should be allowed to. Whether or not he even answers his name to the pigs.

nbruno322
05-23-2013, 07:05 PM
It is unfortunately abundantly clear there is nothing that limits the government except "what they can get away with."

To think you can safely rely on having any sort of Constitutional rights or protections, would be dangerously naive in the vast majority of cases.

When you consider the Patriot ACT, the NDAA, and the countless other edicts that enable the police state, the fact that the Liberty Dollar guy can be labelled a "domestic terrorist" and what that actually means to have that label applied to you, you must realize we live in a very dangerous time and place to be "outside of the mainstream."

Props to Kokesh for having the courage and conviction by sticking his neck out for the principles of what this country used to stand for.

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 07:08 PM
It is unfortunately abundantly clear there is nothing that limits the government except "what they can get away with."

To think you can safely rely on having any sort of Constitutional rights or protections, would be dangerously naive in the vast majority of cases.

When you consider the Patriot ACT, the NDAA, and the countless other edicts that enable the police state, the fact that the Liberty Dollar guy can be labelled a "domestic terrorist" and what that actually means to have that label applied to you, you must realize we live in a very dangerous time and place to be "outside of the mainstream."

Props to Kokesh for having the courage and conviction by sticking his neck out for the principles of what this country used to stand for.

old school.

QueenB4Liberty
05-23-2013, 09:08 PM

So they are just going to let him go and expect him to come back for a trial? I'm sorry, but no way. Whenever you're arrested, you then have a bail/bond hearing to determine if you can be out of detention until trial. He's not being treated any differently than any other accused criminal. I'm not saying it's right, that's just the way it is.

NERVE
05-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I didn't even really like kokesh all that much but this last two months has completely changed my mind on him. if he wasn't a huge figure before they just made him one.

Weston White
05-23-2013, 09:19 PM
The condemnation of terrorists (this including “domestic radicals”) now serves, covertly, as a modern day equivalent for the persecution of Christian heretics. Our system of governing has come to relegate itself to the historical injustices, corruptions, and atrociousness of the long since demised church-nation or theocracy.

“They that approve a private opinion, call it opinion; but they that mislike it, heresy: and yet heresy signifies no more than private opinion. – Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Weston White
05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Heh, if they really wanted his address though, they only need to search his videos on YouTube.

torchbearer
05-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Heh, if they really wanted his address though, they only need to search his videos on YouTube.

they have a database with all the info. that have his info. he is in contempt of the just-us system because he refuses to play pretend with them.

Weston White
05-23-2013, 09:40 PM
So they are just going to let him go and expect him to come back for a trial? I'm sorry, but no way. Whenever you're arrested, you then have a bail/bond hearing to determine if you can be out of detention until trial. He's not being treated any differently than any other accused criminal. I'm not saying it's right, that's just the way it is.

But isn't Adam only wanting disclosure from the government prior to him providing his personal information (which is mostly available on the Internet anyway), and if so, then what is the big deal?

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 09:42 PM

You're saying that's just the way it is, but you're not citing any legal authority for the courts to imprison people for remaining silent.

ClydeCoulter
05-23-2013, 09:43 PM
It comes down to, he wants to know ALL of the CONDITIONS placed on him, BEFORE giving any information. RELEASED ON CONDITION. What conditions?

kcchiefs6465
05-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Remaining silent is an accepted plea. It is further than a not guilty though that is what they assume. It is stating that you find your charges illegitimate. That the court has overstepped its bounds. It is a last resort protest of a Free Man.

They know full damn well what his name is. They took his fingerprints. It is about complaceny. Subservience. Kudos to Adam for standing to the flames on that one.

Furthermore, they know he'll show back up to court. A bondsman would have no issue getting him out. (and I'd imagine Kokesh would talk to a bondsman.. just not the kangaroos holding him unjustly)

Maybe BDTF can shed some light on this, but I always assumed the SCOTUS affirmed that remaining silent at arraignment or through the trial ought to hold no negative effect on your treatment. If they did not, I would like to see someone take this up. It is a big issue as to whether the Fifth Amendment and Eighth Amendments really stand. I suspect the treasonous precedent followers would state that the rights are not unlimited. I would like to hear either way.

Let's be honest though, Adam Kokesh isn't a flight risk. They just want him to agree to not leave the state and not speak about his charges. I'm sure there are plenty of bondsmen who would step to the plate and sign for him, assuming Kokesh didn't raise enough personally.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Remaining silent is an accepted plea. It is further than a not guilty though that is what they assume. It is stating that you find your charges illegitimate. That the court has overstepped its bounds. It is a last resort protest of a Free Man.

They know full damn well what his name is. They took his fingerprints. It is about complaceny. Subservience. Kudos to Adam for standing to the flames on that one.

Furthermore, they know he'll show back up to court. A bondsman would have no issue getting him out. (and I'd imagine Kokesh would talk to a bondsman.. just not the kangaroos holding him unjustly)

Maybe BDTF can shed some light on this, but I always assumed the SCOTUS affirmed that remaining silent at arraignment or through the trial ought to hold no negative effect on your treatment. If they did not, I would like to see someone take this up. It is a big issue as to whether the Fifth Amendment and Eighth Amendments really stand. I suspect the treasonous precedent followers would state that the rights are not unlimited. I would like to hear either way.

Let's be honest though, Adam Kokesh isn't a flight risk. They just want him to agree to not leave the state and not speak about his charges. I'm sure there are plenty of bondsmen who would step to the plate and sign for him, assuming Kokesh didn't raise enough personally.

Let the FedCoats set a bail amount, and I'd contribute.

aGameOfThrones
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Let the FedCoats set a bail amount, and I'd contribute.

You are guilty of treason and are required to get a FedBox One with KinectFed to keep an eye on you.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
... I always assumed the SCOTUS affirmed that remaining silent at arraignment or through the trial ought to hold no negative effect on your treatment....

Griffin v. California, 380 US 609 - Supreme Court 1965 (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12179483251597960554):

The Court in the Wilson case (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=5325294878010673238) stated:

. . . the act was framed with a due regard also to those who might prefer to rely upon the presumption of innocence which the law gives to every one, and not wish to be witnesses. It is not every one who can safely venture on the witness stand though entirely innocent of the charge against him. Excessive timidity, nervousness when facing others and attempting to explain transactions of a suspicious character, and offences charged against him, will often confuse and embarrass him to such a degree as to increase rather than remove prejudices against him. It is not every one, however honest, who would, therefore, willingly be placed on the witness stand. The statute, in tenderness to the weakness of those who from the causes mentioned might refuse to ask to be a witness, particularly when they may have been in some degree compromised by their association with others, declares that the failure of the defendant in a criminal action to request to be a witness shall not create any presumption against him."

If the words "Fifth Amendment" are substituted for "act" and for "statute," the spirit of the Self-Incrimination Clause is reflected. For comment on the refusal to testify is a remnant of the "inquisitorial system of criminal justice," Murphy v. Waterfront Comm'n (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=16090099238174239738), which the Fifth Amendment outlaws. It is a penalty imposed by courts for exercising a constitutional privilege. It cuts down on the privilege by making its assertion costly. ...

We ... hold that the Fifth Amendment ... forbids either comment by the prosecution on the accused's silence or instructions by the court that such silence is evidence of guilt.

kcchiefs6465
05-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Griffin v. California, 380 US 609 - Supreme Court 1965 (http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12179483251597960554):
Thanks. I was more referring to the issuance of a bond. I have no doubt that they took his fingerprints. That they identified him. Is remaining silent through the arraignment enough to refuse bail? Or even grant a higher bail? It would seem to me that one, they know exactly who they have in custody is, and two, it would be on the bondsman to guarantee his return. If the risks were too great the bondsman would refuse to sign.

Is this simply about complacency? A 'say uncle' type of deal? It appears to me to be. I fail to see the justification for refusing bail simply because he is refusing to address the court. They know exactly who the man is. They know where he lives. He is being punished for remaining silent as is his right. Sorry if I stated the obvious. In case others read this I want them to know exactly where I'm coming from.

Plus rep for your knowledge of SCOTUS rulings. Truly unmatched.

Lucille
05-23-2013, 11:15 PM
https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/337792566625972224

Every one stay tuned tomorrow for a press conference from N. A. Poe with a public statement from Adam Kokesh to be read live. We need the AVTM fan base to mobilize and call, email, make videos, and blogs. This is the time to tap in to every media asset you can. This is going to be big. - Lucas J

https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/337797919187038208

Adam has requested the fans send PHOTOS (underlined), letters, and stamps to
Kokesh, Adam
69371-066
FDC Philadelphia
P.O. Box 562
Philadelphia, PA 19105

Weston White
05-23-2013, 11:30 PM
What utter hogwash:

Not true per the video and audio evidence:

“The evidence in this case is strong. … When one of the National Park Service Rangers approached an individual smoking a marijuana cigarette, the defendant physically blocked and obstructed the Ranger. The defendant also grabbed the Ranger by the arm.”

Not true per the statute and the governments own court documents (i.e., blocking and grabbing is not conducive to forcible actions; e.g., bludgeoning, elbowing, kicking, kneeing, body slamming, etc.), only the 1-year rule applies for something so minor as standing in the way, blocking, grabbing, pulling, pushing, slapping, etc. (but really per video evidence no prior advisement or verbal commands were given, instead the LEO' just moved in and started hauling out bodies as if they worked for U-Haul, they should all just be counting themselves lucky that they did not eat a few knuckle sandwiches in the process—the was very unprofessional law enforcement work that the NPS committed themselves to):

“The total maximum penalty the defendant faces is 8 years imprisonment, 3 years supervised release, a $250,000 fine, and a $100 special assessment.”
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQadiH5LM-9r5wJwelGLdJue1_WgddYXvcPZmQJ9Kac/pub

Info for the prosecution (United States Attorney Zane David Memeger):
http://www.justice.gov/usao/districts/pae.html
http://www.justice.gov/usao/pae/meetattorney-memeger.html
http://www.justice.gov/usao/biographies/memeger.html
http://www.justice.gov/usao/pae/usa_bio.html

615 Chestnut Street, Suite 1250
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: 215-861-8200
Fax: 215-861-8618

504 W. Hamilton St., #3701
Allentown, PA 18101
Phone: (215) 861-8540
Allentown Fax: (610) 439-6059

http://www.justice.gov/usao/pae/contact.html

* An additional note I feel is highly worthy of emphasizing is that none of the law enforcement there that day made any public declaration of an ‘unlawful assembly’ and neither did they subsequently make any disbursal orders to the crowd prior to moving in.

Furthermore, realizing that court documents mention only they the offended NPS officer observed a single person next to Adam smoking (presumably) marijuana, yet the video clearly shows many law enforcement officers pushing their way through a smoke covered crowd of people also (presumably) smoking marijuana. So that begs the question, why are all of those individuals not also in court alongside of Adam? Certainly, there were more than enough law enforcement personnel to effect the arrest of most if not all of those wickedly evil pot-smokers.

A public officer lawfully warns people to disperse when the officer directs them, in the name of the People of the State, to immediately disperse. The officer is not required to use any particular words. However, the words used must be sufficient to inform a reasonable person that the officer is acting in an official capacity and ordering people to leave the area. In addition, the officer must communicate the order in a reasonable way that ensures that the order is heard.

Penal Code section 407 defines an "unlawful assembly" as two or more people assembled together "to do an unlawful act, or do a lawful act in a violent, boisterous, or tumultuous manner." The Supreme Court has held that "the proscriptions of sections 407 and 408 on assemblies to do a lawful act must be limited to assemblies which are violent or which pose a clear and present danger of imminent violence." (In re Brown (1973) 9 Cal.3d 612, 623 [108 Cal.Rptr. 465, 510 P.2d 1017]; see Collins v. Jordan (1996) 110 F.3d 1363, 1371.) Because the assembly must in fact be violent or pose an immediate threat of violence, an assembly that is "boisterous or tumultuous" does not establish a violation of the statute. The committee has therefore eliminated these words from the instruction since they are archaic and potentially confusing.
The jury must determine whether the person who allegedly gave the order was a public officer. (See People v. Brown (1988) 46 Cal.3d 432, 444-445 [250 Cal.Rptr. 604, 758 P.2d 1135].)
http://www.justia.com/criminal/docs/calcrim/2600/2686.html

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I was more referring to the issuance of a bond.

I don't know if it's been challenged in this particular context.

MelissaCato
05-24-2013, 08:14 AM
What about his commissary account ? Is anyone funding that so he doesn't have to eat jail slop ?

Sugar, candy, bacon and coffee is gold in jail - he should stock up !! lol

Can we send money orders included with our letters ?

DGambler
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
I think the article this morning from Eric Peters fits in this thread nicely, Where Do Cops Come From? (http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/05/24/where-do-cops-come-from/)

Ever wonder how come there are men (and women) in costumes “policing” the rest of us?cop lead

Most people accept this relationship as both given – and eternal. That there have always been men (if not always women) in costumes “policing” the rest of us. But, in fact, it’s a relatively novel thing. Think back to your schooldays. Do you recall any mention of police when you were learning about the colonial era and the American Revolution? There were sheriffs, yes – and the local militia. But these were concerned mostly with keeping the peace – that is, stepping in when someone harmed someone else. Up to and even during the Civil War – a titanic struggle between the fading remnants of the old republican idea and the centralized, omnipotent state that took its place – the idea of police as we know it was essentially unknown.

It is a modern concept – one developed out of the company town idea.

....More at link (http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/05/24/where-do-cops-come-from/)....

Lucille
05-24-2013, 08:57 AM
What about his commissary account ? Is anyone funding that so he doesn't have to eat jail slop ?

Sugar, candy, bacon and coffee is gold in jail - he should stock up !! lol

Can we send money orders included with our letters ?

http://freeadam.net/

NO Commissary Funds for Now

DO NOT, we request, DO NOT, directly send Adam any commissary funds at this time. The government is punishing Adam for his understandable refusal to give a DNA sample by cutting off all access to commissary funds for 90 days.

Bastards.

Lucille
05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
http://freeadam.net/

Please help promote today’s press conference. If you have email addresses of journalists, send them to me, George Donnelly, at george.donnelly@shieldmutual.com so that I can get the press release about today’s press conference to them ASAP.

Wolfgang Bohringer
05-24-2013, 10:12 AM
I think the article this morning from Eric Peters fits in this thread nicely, Where Do Cops Come From? (http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/05/24/where-do-cops-come-from/)

....More at link (http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/05/24/where-do-cops-come-from/)....

Yes, the police departments that emerged in the U.S. in the mid 19th century were direct violations of the prohibitions against standing (permanent) armies that were and still are in the federal and nearly all the state constitutions.

I was listening to Alex Jones interview Pastor Chuck Baldwin yesterday. Baldwin was citing biblical support for the right to keep and bear arms. Baldwin kept saying that the police and military have their guns because we the people first have the natural right to bear arms and have delegated this power to the police and military while still retaining our rights.

But this is a severe logical error! And Alex didn't know any better to correct him.

"The people" have NOT delegated this power to the government. The federal constitution only allows the government to be armed temporarily during extreme emergencies and only when war has been declared.

"a bill of rights [must] secure freedom in religion, freedom of the press, [and] freedom from a permanent military..." --Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Francis Hopkinson (March 13, 1789)

So when the liberals say they don't mind the people having the right to bear arms, but we need to make sure that crazed lunatics don't have guns, the proper response is that our constitutions already bar crazed lunatics (i.e., government officers) from bearing arms.

Lucille
05-24-2013, 11:48 AM

devil21
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
So it looks like Adam is in a pickle here and no matter what happens he will be kept away from the July 4 march. If he gives up his personal info to facilitate release, you bet your ass that his "Pretrial Release" conditions will include something about not leaving his home state under any circumstances, maybe even electronic monitoring (GPS ankle bracelet....feds love those) preventing him from even leaving his house or he will be rearrested and locked up till trial on the fake charge. Not matter what he will not be able to lead the march. This is such a transparent abuse of his civil rights. I do wonder why he would put himself in such a situation in the first place knowing he's a marked man. Not smart.

tod evans
05-24-2013, 02:53 PM
NO Commissary Funds for Now

DO NOT, we request, DO NOT, directly send Adam any commissary funds at this time. The government is punishing Adam for his understandable refusal to give a DNA sample by cutting off all access to commissary funds for 90 days.

As soon as he can open lines of communication another prisoner will purchase commissary for him, it's SOP...

CPUd
05-24-2013, 03:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/erXLsgg.jpg

MelissaCato
05-24-2013, 03:41 PM
SWEET !!

JK/SEA
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
He's out?....wtf...really?...hahaha....damn...

kahless
05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
So it looks like Adam is in a pickle here and no matter what happens he will be kept away from the July 4 march. If he gives up his personal info to facilitate release, you bet your ass that his "Pretrial Release" conditions will include something about not leaving his home state under any circumstances, maybe even electronic monitoring (GPS ankle bracelet....feds love those) preventing him from even leaving his house or he will be rearrested and locked up till trial on the fake charge. Not matter what he will not be able to lead the march. This is such a transparent abuse of his civil rights. I do wonder why he would put himself in such a situation in the first place knowing he's a marked man. Not smart.

I was thinking the same thing. Whats the deal here, anyone care to speculate why did he put himself in this position before the July 4th march?

QueenB4Liberty
05-24-2013, 03:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Whats the deal here, anyone care to speculate why did he put himself in this position before the July 4th march?

Well it's something they've been doing for a few weeks now. It's not like he just started doing this. But yeah I don't know why he did it. But either way, he's out now.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Same here, attending a pot event was pretty stupid considering what he was planning to do. It was like he gave them a reason to arrest him.

noneedtoaggress
05-24-2013, 03:51 PM

Yeah, he supports civil disobedience and participates in it. He went to an event to rally the crowd that he's participated in a number of times already.

He wasn't actually participating in civil disobedience the day he was arrested, apparently taking some precautions by not actually doing anything illegal, but they went after him anyway.

He didn't even have to commit civ dis to expose the state for what it was.

noneedtoaggress
05-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Same here, attending a pot event was pretty stupid considering what he was planning to do. It was like he gave them a reason to arrest him.

That's probably what they thought too, but he didn't actually give them any reason to arrest him at all.

That's exactly the issue.

better-dead-than-fed

Which posititon? Not assaulting anyone; not possessing weed.

Lucille

Awesome.

better-dead-than-fed
05-24-2013, 03:53 PM

So now attending a pot event is illegal.

Root
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Still holding the mic. Well played Adam.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM
So now attending a pot event is illegal.

surprise smoking pot is illegal

noneedtoaggress
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM

Are you under the impression that he was smoking pot?

kahless
05-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Which posititon? Not assaulting anyone; not possessing weed.

To be more specific, my point was, here is a guy that rallies people up for this march that could have serious legal or life threatening consequences for those attending yet put himself in a position where he would be unable to attend.

I am not making any accusations, was just curious.

speciallyblend
05-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Adam has been released folks;)

devil21
05-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Being in the presence of others doing it is not illegal in any way that I can think of, outside of being the seller.

OK so what the hell. He goes from solitary confinement, no bail, etc to running out the jail door with a couple of tickets that he didn't even have to sign? Glad he's out but that is NOT the Feds MO for release after arrest on a felony charge.

better-dead-than-fed
05-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Being in the presence of others doing it is not illegal in any way that I can think of, outside of being the seller.

OK so what the hell. He goes from solitary confinement, no bail, etc to running out the jail door with a couple of tickets that he didn't even have to sign? Glad he's out but that is NOT the Feds MO for release after arrest on a felony charge.

Most arrestees don't have the benefit of oversight from thousands of armed libertarians.

speciallyblend
05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Most arrestees don't have the benefit of oversight from thousands of armed libertarians.

exactly. He was released because they got tired of keeping phones off hook and the pressure being applied by citizens along with a lawyer. This is a clear victory in my eyes for adam and all the folks involved in freeing adam:) think i am going to smoke some bruce banner #3 and some deathstar in Tribute!!!