PDA

View Full Version : UK killers 'known to MI5'

Warlord
05-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Surprise, surprise. Just like the Boston bombers and every "terrorist"

-
Both suspects in the killing of a serving soldier in London were known to security services, senior Whitehall sources have confirmed to the BBC.

One of the suspects is understood to be 28-year-old Muslim convert Michael Adebolajo, according to sources.

He and another man are under arrest in hospital after being shot by police in Wednesday shortly after the attack.

The UK will "never give in to terror or terrorism", Prime Minister David Cameron has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22634468

green73
05-23-2013, 06:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U

Warlord
05-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Shocked at this news... SHOCKED!

tod evans
05-23-2013, 06:25 AM
The UK will "never give in to terror or terrorism", Prime Minister David Cameron has said.

And we have learned how to use tragedy to strip more of your few remaining freedoms from your grasp......[paraphrased]

juleswin
05-23-2013, 06:27 AM

-
Both suspects in the killing of a serving soldier in London were known to security services, senior Whitehall sources have confirmed to the BBC.

One of the suspects is understood to be 28-year-old Muslim convert Michael Adebolajo, according to sources.

He and another man are under arrest in hospital after being shot by police in Wednesday shortly after the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22634468

Will never give in to terror except for when they are giving then money and weapon like in Syria. To these people terrorism is ok when its used against an enemy govt e.g PKK in Iran but just god awfully bad when used against her.

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Here we go...

." 1543:

The Times newspaper is carrying a piece about why "the Woolwich terror killing has brought calls for the government to revive controversial 'snooper's charter' plans to extend official monitoring of everyone's emails and internet use.

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Senior Whitehall sources tell the BBC one of the suspects was intercepted by police last year, while leaving the country.

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:27 AM
The BBC's James Landale says a senior Whitehall source has told him the police are not saying whether they believe the two men suspected of killing the soldier in Woolwich acted alone or as part of a wider plot. "If anyone knows the answer to that question, they are not telling us," the source said. "At the last meeting I went to, they were not prepared to commit on that."

Assistant Commissioner Rowley: "For operational reasons I am limited on what further details I can release but I can confirm that it's a fast-moving inquiry and police have conducted searches at a number of locations but it would not be appropriate for me to elaborate on this. As you would expect we are also liaising closely with the military to ensure appropriate security measures are in place in relation to military premises and personnel."

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:28 AM
The secret source made clear they had had no forewarning of the attacks. "Was there any discussion of 'why don't we do something' and things like that? Absolutely not. I know of no evidence that anyone had any knowledge that this was going to happen at all." The source suggested the next Cobra meeting was likely to be on Friday morning and likely to be for officials only, unless there were developments that required ministerial involvement.

BlackTerrel
05-23-2013, 08:34 PM

I think there was something like a million names on the list the Boston bombers were on.

What is the solution here - lock up every guy ever suspected of terrorism?

jmdrake
05-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I think there was something like a million names on the list the Boston bombers were on.

There was no reason to let him in and out of the country to freaking Chetnya! That was supposed to be the point of the terror watch list. The underwear bomber was let in on purpose despite being on the watchlist because his own father reported him as a terrorist. Sometimes it seems that the way to not be molested by the TSA is to be on a terror watchlist.

Warlord
05-23-2013, 09:05 PM

actually there's about 600,000 people on that "list" out of 320 million Americans... and they've known him for 5 years or something.

What's the chances of that.

alucard13mm
05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
im going to play the conspiracy theorist here...

just like 9/11, this was allowed to happened for some kinda agenda.

BlackTerrel
05-23-2013, 09:35 PM
actually there's about 600,000 people on that "list" out of 320 million Americans... and they've known him for 5 years or something.

What's the chances of that.

So we should arrest all 600,000 of them? I have a feeling most here won't approve of that - I won't either.

There was no reason to let him in and out of the country to freaking Chetnya! That was supposed to be the point of the terror watch list. The underwear bomber was let in on purpose despite being on the watchlist because his own father reported him as a terrorist. Sometimes it seems that the way to not be molested by the TSA is to be on a terror watchlist.

How effective is the list? The underwear bomber and this guy were the only people on this list of 600,000 to get on an airplane?

BlackTerrel
05-23-2013, 09:36 PM
im going to play the conspiracy theorist here...

just like 9/11, this was allowed to happened for some kinda agenda.

Of course.

Zippyjuan
05-23-2013, 11:28 PM
How should a government respond to a "known person" who may or may not do something bad? Arrest them and put them in jail before they actually do anything? Does not arresting them before they do anything make them complicit in any eventual acts the person may commit?

(written before I saw BlackTerrel's post).