PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sponsored by Ron Paul for the 110th Congress

constituent
06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
I'll cross post this too, again from ronpaulnation.com/board

from thomas.loc.gov

Bills Sponsored by Ron Paul for the 110th Congress.

Healthcare -
H.J.RES.23 : Proposing an amendment the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens.
H.R.457 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide credits against income tax for qualified stem cell research, the storage of qualified stem cells, and the donation of umbilical cord blood.
H.R.1898 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow individuals a credit against income tax for medical expenses for dependents.
H.R.1899 : To amend part A of title XVIII of the Social Security Act to clarify that facilities designated as critical access hospitals may use beds certified for such hospitals for assisted living.

Civil Liberties -
H.R.220 : To amend title II of the Social Security Act and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Social Security account numbers issued under such title, to prohibit the establishment in the Federal Government of any uniform national identifying number, and to prohibit Federal agencies from imposing standards for identification of individuals on other agencies or persons.
H.R.424 : To repeal the Military Selective Service Act.
H.R.1009 : To amend the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marihuana, and for other purposes.
H.R.1095 : To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity.
H.R.1096 : To restore the second amendment rights of all Americans.
H.R.2096 : To sunset Federal laws and regulations which treat the American people like children by denying them the opportunity to make their own decision regarding control of their bank accounts and what type of information they wish to receive from their banks, and for other purposes
H.R.2387 : To prohibit the use of Federal funds for any universal or mandatory mental health screening program.

Social Security -
H.R.191 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the inclusion in gross income of Social Security benefits.
H.R.192 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the 1993 increase in taxes on Social Security benefits.
H.R.219 : To amend title II of the Social Security Act to ensure the integrity of the Social Security trust funds by requiring the Managing Trustee to invest the annual surplus of such trust funds in marketable interest-bearing obligations of the United States and certificates of deposit in depository institutions insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and to protect such trust funds from the public debt limit.

Immigration -
H.R.190 : To amend title II of the Social Security Act and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide prospectively that wages earned, and self-employment income derived, by individuals who are not citizens or nationals of the United States shall not be credited for coverage under the old-age, survivors, and disability insurance program under such title, and to provide the President with authority to enter into agreements with other nations taking into account such limitation on crediting of wages and self-employment income

Economy -
H.R.2754 : To require the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to continue to make available to the public on a weekly basis information on the measure of the M3 monetary aggregate, and its components, and for other purposes.
H.R.2755 : To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes.

Education -
H.R.193 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make higher education more affordable by providing a full tax deduction for higher education expenses and interest on student loans.
H.R.1056 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow individuals a credit against income tax for tuition and related expenses for public and nonpublic elementary and secondary education.
H.R.1057 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit against income tax for amounts contributed to charitable organizations which provide elementary or secondary school scholarships and for contributions of, and for, instructional materials and materials for extracurricular activities.
H.R.1058 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow the Hope Scholarship Credit to be used for elementary and secondary expenses.
H.R.1059 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a tax credit for elementary and secondary school teachers.
H.R.1060 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a tax credit for professional school personnel in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and grades 1 through 12.

For the "Conservatives" - H.J. Res. 23, H.R. 190, 191, 192, 193, 219, 220, 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, 1060, 1095, 1096, 1898, 1899, 2387, 2754, 2755

For the "Liberals" - H.R. 191, 192, 193, 219, 220, 424, 457, 1009, 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, 1060, 1898, 1899, 2387, 2096, 2754, 2755

Write your local paper and ask publicly where your congress person stands on the bills that are important to you. Call your favorite tv/radio show. Write a blog. Write to a magazine editor, congressperson. Tell the union, bible study group, book club, friends and family.

tonyr1988
08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Has RP sponsored any bills that have been passed in recent years? I know that most of his are seen as "extreme," but I'm just curious.

jmarinara
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Well that's all well and good, but will be quite easy for the MSM to paint RP as a congressman proposing these bills simply for publicity about his up-coming campaign. They'll make him out to be a Johnny Come Lately to this stuff and blah blah blah/other non-sense.

The important thing is to go back a few years when he WASN'T running for President and show those bills, which more or less reflect the bills listed here.

Just a thought.

Also, I'm a conservative, and a pretty "extreme" one at that. I don't understand why you put some of the bills you did into the "liberal" category. I'm not trying to jump all over you or anything, but I more or less hate the federal reserve and belong to a church that teaches NOT to get a SSN. I mean I get the industrial hemp stuff and all of that, even though I agree, but I don't see how some of this stuff can be divided in the way you did. I feel like I'm missing something, I guess.

Mesogen
08-14-2007, 01:48 AM
jmarinara, can I just say that being liberal is a good thing? It's also good to be conservative. The two go hand in hand. I wish people would stop seeing the two as opposites. I guess that's hard to do since some people have warped the meanings of the terms to fit their agenda and to divide people.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-14-2007, 04:47 AM
No hardcore conservative could have been the 1988 Libertarian Party's nominee for President. You would get your ass kicked around and booed at the Libertarian primary debates

jmarinara
08-14-2007, 06:28 AM
jmarinara, can I just say that being liberal is a good thing? It's also good to be conservative. The two go hand in hand. I wish people would stop seeing the two as opposites. I guess that's hard to do since some people have warped the meanings of the terms to fit their agenda and to divide people.

Ok, I'll accept your thesis here, now explain to me, in your view, the difference between liberal and conservative if they aren't opposites as you put it.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Ok, I'll accept your thesis here, now explain to me, in your view, the difference between liberal and conservative if they aren't opposites as you put it.

Classical liberalism or contemporary?

Stat
04-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I have a few questions about the bills relating to education.

I would think that a principle of proper government is that if we continue to have a federal income tax, it should be a flat rate without tinkering for special projects. The tinkering is part of the reason why we are here today. Tax generation should not be used as a means for social control, good or bad.

Moreover, education is a matter properly left to the states. States can provide financial support and incentives for education, and states can set salaries for public school teachers [and states should decide whether they will have public schools at all]. Not arguing whether the ideas are good or bad, but education should not be a federal concern.

Any thoughts?

revolutionman
04-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't like the idea of pidgeon holing ourselves as liberals and conservatives. Maybe your ideals tend to lean one way or the other but i think ultimately every issue must be closely examined before we claim a liberal or conservative stance.

Laziness is the only reason to be either liberal or conservative. We should be actively making chices and descisions regarding our stances on the issues and not just defaulting to a liberal or conservative stance. Thats that kinda BULLSHIT that has the American people with their backs against the walls now. Neither party is exclusively right or wrong for America, everything has its place and time.

Whats more important is that be they Democrat or Republican, that our elected officials ovserve the Constitution and respect the American people. We cannot continue to have wealthy blue bloods who all look down on us representing us. All they do is bleed us dry for their benefit instead of accurately representing us.

heavenlyboy34
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
We cannot continue to have wealthy blue bloods who all look down on us representing us. All they do is bleed us dry for their benefit instead of accurately representing us.

+9999999999999999999 You rock, Jay! :D

txaslftist
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Laziness is the only reason to be either liberal or conservative. We should be actively making chices and descisions regarding our stances on the issues and not just defaulting to a liberal or conservative stance. Thats that kinda BULLSHIT that has the American people with their backs against the walls now. Neither party is exclusively right or wrong for America, everything has its place and time.

Well said.