PDA

View Full Version : Civil Rights Lawsuit Filed Over Wrongful Arrest, Detention in Psych Ward of Marine Brandon

sailingaway
05-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Civil Rights Lawsuit Filed Over Wrongful Arrest, Detention in Psych Ward of Marine Brandon Raub

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/attorneys-file-civil-rights-lawsuit.html

The complaint, filed in federal court in Richmond, alleges that Raub’s seizure and detention were the result of a federal government program code-named “Operation Vigilant Eagle” that involves the systematic surveillance of military veterans who express views critical of the government. Institute attorneys allege that the attempt to label Raub as “mentally ill” and his involuntary commitment was a pretext designed to silence Raub’s speech critical of the government and that the defendants violated Raub’s rights under the First and Fourth Amendments.

Since coming to Raub’s defense, The Rutherford Institute has been contacted by military veterans across the country recounting similar incidents. In filing a civil suit against government officials, Rutherford Institute attorneys plan to take issue with the manner in which Virginia’s civil commitment statutes are being used to silence individuals engaged in lawfully exercising their free speech rights.

“Brandon Raub’s case exposed the seedy underbelly of a governmental system that is targeting military veterans for expressing their discontent over America’s rapid transition to a police state,” said John W. Whitehead, president of The Rutherford Institute. “Brandon Raub is not the first veteran to be targeted for speaking out against the government. Hopefully, by holding officials accountable, we can ensure that Brandon is the last to suffer in this way.”

Rutherford institute is fast becoming a favorite of mine.

NERVE
05-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Nice catch OP this happened in my county. It was on the local talk radio briefly earlier tonight.

HOLLYWOOD
05-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Was Raub on any of the Marxist-Communist radical orgs' 'Lenin lists'?

Sounds like another SPLC initiated red flag... to their "Connections In .Gov"

So where was Cooch on this one? He was the VA A.G. during the civil rights violations.

sailingaway
05-22-2013, 10:43 PM

So where was Cooch on this one? He was the VA A.G. during the civil rights violations.

I look forward to seeing the dots connected. In media and in court, one hopes.

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 01:00 PM

The Bush administration was doing the same thing.

sailingaway
05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
The Bush administration was doing the same thing.

Do you think there are a lot of Bush cheerleaders here?

better-dead-than-fed
05-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Do you think there are a lot of Bush cheerleaders here?

No I don't, but I'm questioning whether SPLC would have had influence over Bush's administration.