PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz: 'I don't trust the Republicans'

compromise
05-22-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/cruz-i-dont-trust-the-republicans-91753.html?fb_action_ids=521509207886536&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.UZ0rP8x053w.send&fb_source=hovercard

Sen. Ted Cruz proclaimed on the Senate floor Wednesday that he doesn’t trust other Republicans to fix the country’s fiscal situation, explaining why he objects to sending the Senate budget to conference with the House.

“The senior senator from Arizona urged this body to trust the Republicans,” Cruz said, referring to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). “Let me be clear, I don’t trust the Republicans. I don’t trust the Democrats and I think a whole lot of Americans likewise don’t trust the Republicans or the Democrats because it is leadership in both parties that has got us into this mess.”

The issue of whether to send the Senate budget to conference with the House is sharply dividing Senate Republicans, with some agreeing with the Senate Democratic leadership that they should be following “regular order” and working with the other chamber. This is the first time that the Senate has passed a budget in four years, although it differs significantly from the House-passed version, sponsored by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

On Wednesday, McCain delivered a scolding criticism of fellow Republicans for trying to block Democratic efforts.
“Let’s put some confidence in if not in the conferees appointed here, but in the conferees who will be appointed on the other side of the Capitol, who are of our party, who are fiscal conservatives just like we are,” McCain said on the Senate floor. “Instead of blocking, what I assure my colleagues — all three of them here, that is a minority of the minority of Republicans in the United States Senate — that [a majority] want to move forward with a budget which we spent so many hours and so much effort in achieving.”

It was the second time in as many days that Republicans in the Senate have openly feuded over the budget’s path. On Monday, McCain and Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) squared off against Cruz (R-Texas) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who object to going to conference.

Cruz is demanding that any motion to send the budget to conference include a promise that the group won’t include an increase in the debt ceiling. He has been joined by fellow Republicans Sens. Paul and Mike Lee of Utah. He has also had the backing of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in blocking the move to conference and insisting for debt ceiling assurances.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/cruz-i-dont-trust-the-republicans-91753.html#ixzz2U3m6bndE

Mr.NoSmile
05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Calling out both parties? Very bold move, Mr. Cruz. Points in my book for not sticking to party lines.

Side-note, interesting Facebook page I found about folks who want Cruz out in 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/TedCruzIngToLoseIn2018?fref=ts

Another page called 'Latino United to Turn Texas Blue.' You may laugh, but they are growing in numbers.

Spoa
05-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Good for Senator Cruz! I don't trust most Republicans also...especially ones like McCain.

torchbearer
05-22-2013, 04:37 PM
how close is cruz and his family connected to goldman sachs?
the answer to that question relates to how much i can trust him.

paulbot24
05-22-2013, 05:00 PM

Every night when he hits the sack with his wife. Like others on here, I like many of the things he has said, and how he practically made Holder piss himself and cringe the way Ron used to do to Bernanke. However, with Sachs support comes a disease that seems to be incurable and inescapable once that squid has his grip on you. It gives real meaning to the phrase "blood money." That concerns me about him.

FrankRep
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM

So every since person who works for Goldman Sachs, including the janitor, is evil and corrupt?

Heidi Cruz is currently head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz#Personal_life

torchbearer
05-22-2013, 06:50 PM
So every since person who works for Goldman Sachs, including the janitor, is evil and corrupt?

Heidi Cruz is currently head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz#Personal_life

if she was a janitor, or teller, or loan officer, it wouldn't matter- because those people don't really matter to the power structure.
head of an entire region of this country is a bit more than janitorial work, yes?

FrankRep
05-22-2013, 06:54 PM
if she was a janitor, or teller, or loan officer, it wouldn't matter- because those people don't really matter to the power structure.
head of an entire region of this country is a bit more than janitorial work, yes?
She's a lower level manager, very little power.

PSYOP
05-22-2013, 06:58 PM
And I don't trust you either.

QuickZ06
05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
She's a lower level manager, very little power.

We shall see.

QuickZ06
05-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Every night when he hits the sack with his wife. Like others on here, I like many of the things he has said, and how he practically made Holder piss himself and cringe the way Ron used to do to Bernanke. However, with Sachs support comes a disease that seems to be incurable and inescapable once that squid has his grip on you. It gives real meaning to the phrase "blood money." That concerns me about him.

Pretty much this.

anaconda
05-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Was McSame referring to Cruz, Lee, and Paul when he said "I assure my colleagues, all three of them...?"

Koz
05-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure I trust Cruz, but with moves like these it makes it hard to not trust him. I like it.

compromise
05-23-2013, 04:54 AM
Was McSame referring to Cruz, Lee, and Paul when he said "I assure my colleagues, all three of them...?"

He was actually referring to his former buddy, Rubio. It seems like they ditched Paul.

speciallyblend
05-23-2013, 05:50 AM

I was thinking i do not trust Republicans and Ted Cruz is a republican.

Warlord
05-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Cruz has major connections via wifey to Condi Rice and the Bush White House crowd. I'd have a hard time trusting him.

ProvincialPeasant
05-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Heidi is far from a 'bankster'. I work at an investment bank, and you are really just a pawn until you are CEO, or depending on the firm, VP or partner. Her position earns her significant income, but her day-to-day life would be much the same if she worked as a regional manager at Taco Bell.

Constitutional Paulicy
05-23-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R39_tdFfAUY#!

surf
05-23-2013, 10:05 AM
screw McWar

jkob
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Ted Cruz has surpassed all expectations as a US Senator. He's what I WISH I was electing when I voted for that coward Jeff Flake.

Jeremy
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
We shall see.

Why wait? Just look now. Any proof she's corrupt?