PDA

View Full Version : Is Lerner In Contempt Of Congress?

Petar
05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Ok, so apparently there is a very strong argument to be made that Lerner has waived her 5th amendment rights by asserting her innocence and confirming some questions.

She could now be found to be in contempt of Congress if she refuses cross-examination.

How lovely would that be?

Anti Federalist
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
In all cases, even for government tyrants, when confronted by any agent of government:

Shut The Fuck Up.

ghengis86
05-22-2013, 11:11 AM
In all cases, even for government tyrants, when confronted by any agent of government:

Shut The Fuck Up.

Yeah, she's a lying cunt, but STFU. always. Something she's learning when you're on the other side.

And the irony of not being able to plead the 5th when responding to IRS actions is rich...

CT4Liberty
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Maybe its just me, but that technicality is pretty BS... nobody has the right to make you answer any question, I dont care what other questions or statements you already made.

Not answering a question may be worse than answering in some cases, but such is your right to determine.

CaptUSA
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I think you can pretty much rely on your 5th amendment rights in any line of questioning you choose. Think about what the 5th amendment is for. It's to prevent the government from forcing you to answer questions you don't want to answer - there's nothing that says they can force you to answer all questions if you answer the ones you have no problem with.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah, she's a lying cunt, but STFU. always. Something she's learning when you're on the other side.

And the irony of not being able to plead the 5th when responding to IRS actions is rich...

Isn't it though?

Anti Federalist
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I think you can pretty much rely on your 5th amendment rights in any line of questioning you choose. Think about what the 5th amendment is for. It's to prevent the government from forcing you to answer questions you don't want to answer - there's nothing that says they can force you to answer all questions if you answer the ones you have no problem with.

At the end of the day, though, it's just a piece of paper.

Without the will and the spirit and the tools to enforce it, it's pretty worthless.

Where is the 5th for the victims of NDAA?

erowe1
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
There's also irony in the idea that contempt of Congress could be a bad thing.

CaptUSA
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Where is the 5th for the victims of NDAA?Ooooh... If you're suggesting NDAA techniques for scumbag bureaucrats, you may make me look the other way from my beliefs! ;)

Imagine C-Span's ratings for something like that!

Anti Federalist
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Ooooh... If you're suggesting NDAA techniques for scumbag bureaucrats, you may make me look the other way from my beliefs! ;)

Imagine C-Span's ratings for something like that!

Must....Resist...Temptation

tod evans
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Terrorists must be tortured......:cool:

puppetmaster
05-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Would not filing a tax return be the same as pleading the 5th......

economics102
05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
The part that disgusted me is when she said she's "proud" of the job she's done at the IRS.

TonySutton
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Would not filing a tax return be the same as pleading the 5th......

yes but the rules are different because they will steal all your stuff and toss you in a rape cage...

oyarde
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
She has nothing to gain , plenty to lose , I have no pity for her , they will just keep bringing her back probably.