PDA

View Full Version : Insanity! 35 government employees for neekid girl on shrooms

tod evans
05-22-2013, 05:29 AM
I hope this poor girls "friends" are shunned worse than a whore in an Amish settlement!

What a bunch of idiots calling the law!

Naked hiker saved from Colorado mountain after taking mushrooms and fighting with her roommates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328089/Taylor-Powers-Naked-hiker-saved-Colorado-mountain-taking-mushrooms-fighting-roommates.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/21/article-2328089-19E6F749000005DC-587_634x545.jpg

A college student needed to be rescued when she decided to take hallucinogenic mushrooms while hiking on a mountain.
Taylor Powers stripped off her clothes after she took the drugs and got into a fight with her two roommates who were with her on the walk on Sunday.
The 21-year-old student, who attends University of Colorado-Boulder, had to be handcuffed by her rescuers because she was putting up a fight.
The Smoking Gun cites the Bolder County Communications report that says that she was 'in distress'.
About 35 different emergency responders from relevant rescue units responded to the 911 call.
When those rescuers reached her in Chautauqua Park, she was being 'physically restrained' by her two male roommates who had gone on the hike with her.
Once she was finally subdued, she was taken to the Boulder Community Hospital for treatment before being released.
The Smoking Gun reports that she was charged with consuming a controlled substance, but there are expected to be more charges- not only for the young woman but also for her two roommates.
It is unclear what Brian Mulligan and William Collins, both 21-years-old, will be charged with but it has not be announced what charges they will face.
Regardless of the presence of drugs in Sunday's incident, her Facebook profile indicates that Taylor is active and enjoys being outdoors.
She has posted pictures of herself hiking and skiing in the past, hinting that it would not be unusual for her to go on a weekend hike.

Origanalist
05-22-2013, 06:16 AM
The Onion? It's hard to tell these days.

tod evans
05-22-2013, 06:18 AM

Found it on Drudge...

enter`name`here
05-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Poor girl, as if this incident weren't traumatic enough. Now her name and picture are all over the internet for all her friends family and future employers to see.

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2013, 06:27 AM

It reads like a legit story. It certainly doesn't read like the Onion.

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2013, 06:28 AM
What an ugly situation. Don't call the cops!

FrankRep
05-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Was she libertarian by chance?

j/k

tod evans
05-22-2013, 06:31 AM

She certainly wasn't hurting anybody regardless her political persuasion..

Origanalist
05-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Dumb bastards are lucky they all didn't get shot.

The 21-year-old student, who attends University of Colorado-Boulder, had to be handcuffed by her rescuers(lol) because she was putting up a fight.

Something tells me none of them feel like they were "rescued" by now.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 06:54 AM
A college student needed to be rescued .
No. She was not "rescued".
She was assaulted, and arrested.

Regardless of the presence of drugs in Sunday's incident, her Facebook profile indicates that Taylor is active and enjoys being outdoors.

As if those are mutually exclusive. :(

Damn,, what a piss poor excuse for "friends".
Seems her mistake was taking these two doofus with her.

Todd
05-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Poor girl, as if this incident weren't traumatic enough. Now her name and picture are all over the internet for all her friends family and future employers to see.

that's the nature of the media. Take something that shouldn't be spread nation wide and make it a big deal. Reminds me what McCartney once said about the media's responsibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHC0s6G3VbM

tod evans
05-22-2013, 07:00 AM
As kids there were several of us who consumed psychedelics and ran around naked...

No cops involved, fun times for all...

What's changed?

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 07:03 AM
As kids there were several of us who consumed psychedelics and ran around naked...

What's changed?

Adding police to the mix is always a problem.

tod evans
05-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Knowing some of the Ozark cops from way back when, I seriously doubt that they'd have even responded if they'd been called..

Different times...

liberty2897
05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
Lesson here should be to leave the authoritarian friends/roommates at home when connecting with nature.

RockEnds
05-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Knowing some of the Ozark cops from way back when, I seriously doubt that they'd have even responded if they'd been called..

Different times...

It was the same up here. As long as there was no vandalism in progress, they really didn't care what you were drinking, smoking, or wearing. They'd even tolerate a few fist fights on the square at night.

eta: I guess they did finally get a buzzer on the door at the cop shop due to serial streaking. I, of course, only know about this second hand. The perpetrator was always positively identified as a male.

tod evans
05-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Streaking.........

Bet in todays backwards world that'd equate to 75 separate charges, life on the sex-offender list and 7 years in the hoosegow..

RockEnds
05-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Streaking.........

Bet in todays backwards world that'd equate to 75 separate charges, life on the sex-offender list and 7 years in the hoosegow..

Yes, I'm sure the sex offender list would be used. People have gone crazy. Really, truly crazy.

tod evans
05-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Repless:o

Origanalist
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Repless:o

Not me. :D Got ya both.

How many times in your youth did you have to deal with exactly this situation Tod? I know I did a few times, nobody thought about calling te "authorities".

tod evans
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Seems like once or twice a month during the summer.....But those memories are old-n-fuzzy...

Kinda like me...:o

Matt Collins
05-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Poor girl, as if this incident weren't traumatic enough. Now her name and picture are all over the internet for all her friends family and future employers to see.She should've considered the consequences of her actions beforehand. :rolleyes:

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
She should've considered the consequences of her actions beforehand. :rolleyes:

There should have been no consequences,, were it not for the assholes she had with her,, and the out of control nanny state.

dannno
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I have to wonder what the fight was about. This girl was doing exactly what I was doing and exactly what every 21 year old should be doing - going out into the wilderness and doing mushrooms. I went on plenty of trips like this and none of the people I went with would have never called the cops, even if they could, unless somebody's life was truly in danger. We were all 'fuck the police' types.

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
This is the Colorado mountains we are talking about. There are nice level meadows and sheer cliffs. If you are hiking, the common terrain is generally going to be the latter, or at least very steep and easy to fall off of.

If her two friends hadn't interfered, that 35 person S&R team deployed for a psychiatric emergency, would have most likely been deployed for a body recovery later.

She was lucky!

Yes Danno, I agree with you, but when we were in HS and college we went someplace nice and level and remote and partied, not hiking!

-t

tod evans
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
If her "two friends" had a modicum of decency they'd all be laughing about it over beers right now...

Friends don't call cops!

dannno
05-22-2013, 08:41 AM
This is the Colorado mountains we are talking about. There are nice level meadows and sheer cliffs. If you are hiking, the common terrain is generally going to be the latter, or at least very steep and easy to fall off of.

If her two friends hadn't interfered, that 35 person S&R team deployed for a psychiatric emergency, would have most likely been deployed for a body recovery later.

She was lucky!

Yes Danno, I agree with you, but when we were in HS and college we went someplace nice and level and remote and partied, not hiking!

-t

That's quite a leap and assumption, from getting in a fight with your roommates (for who knows what reason) to falling off of a cliff... I've shroomed on top of plenty of mountains, though the desert is also a great place. I know plenty of people in colorado who have gone into the mountains and taken mushrooms, what, are people in colorado not supposed to take them? That's actually one state I haven't visited yet, but it's high on my list.

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2013, 08:51 AM
There are places where it's safe and places where it's not. I spent a lot of time crawling around Colorado's mountains and if you are hiking, it's generally not. People that are sober and not tripping fall off them all the time. Hell, people drive off the mountain roads all the time and go over cliffs/200' embankments, etc.

and S&R showed up, not the police.

-t

Acala
05-22-2013, 08:52 AM

She was lucky!

-t

My guess would be that her two roommates were not qualified to be sitters and freaked out when she realized she was God and decided to run free through her creation. Trip sitting isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to run serious inteference for the person who has put their life in your hands.

dannno
05-22-2013, 08:53 AM
My guess would be that her two roommates were not qualified to be sitters and freaked out when she realized she was God and decided to run free through her creation. Trip sitting isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to run serious inteference for the person who has put their life in your hands.

Thanks captain obvious.

j/k, that's a pretty good way to frame it.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM

Thread winner. and exactly right.

People are supposed to look out for friends,, not call the authorities down on them.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
This story reminds me of an adventure.

a very fond memory of long ago.

No police were involved.

BenIsForRon
05-22-2013, 10:10 AM

haha, post of year.

The article doesn't really flesh out how she freaked out though. But whether she was having a bad trip or if her friends were getting in the way of her enjoyment of her trip and she got pissed... cops should not have called.

Erowid.org has lots of essential reading for being a trip sitter.

mrsat_98
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
I hope this poor girls "friends" are shunned worse than a whore in an Amish settlement!

What a bunch of idiots calling the law!

Naked hiker saved from Colorado mountain after taking mushrooms and fighting with her roommates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328089/Taylor-Powers-Naked-hiker-saved-Colorado-mountain-taking-mushrooms-fighting-roommates.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/21/article-2328089-19E6F749000005DC-587_634x545.jpg

A college student needed to be rescued when she decided to take hallucinogenic mushrooms while hiking on a mountain.
Taylor Powers stripped off her clothes after she took the drugs and got into a fight with her two roommates who were with her on the walk on Sunday.
The 21-year-old student, who attends University of Colorado-Boulder, had to be handcuffed by her rescuers because she was putting up a fight.
The Smoking Gun cites the Bolder County Communications report that says that she was 'in distress'.
About 35 different emergency responders from relevant rescue units responded to the 911 call.
When those rescuers reached her in Chautauqua Park, she was being 'physically restrained' by her two male roommates who had gone on the hike with her.
Once she was finally subdued, she was taken to the Boulder Community Hospital for treatment before being released.
The Smoking Gun reports that she was charged with consuming a controlled substance, but there are expected to be more charges- not only for the young woman but also for her two roommates.
It is unclear what Brian Mulligan and William Collins, both 21-years-old, will be charged with but it has not be announced what charges they will face.
She has posted pictures of herself hiking and skiing in the past, hinting that it would not be unusual for her to go on a weekend hike.

Youtube or it didn't happen!

RockEnds
05-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I have to wonder what the fight was about. This girl was doing exactly what I was doing and exactly what every 21 year old should be doing - going out into the wilderness and doing mushrooms. I went on plenty of trips like this and none of the people I went with would have never called the cops, even if they could, unless somebody's life was truly in danger. We were all 'fuck the police' types.

Maybe they thought she was laughing at them.

Acala
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
haha, post of year.

The article doesn't really flesh out how she freaked out though. But whether she was having a bad trip or if her friends were getting in the way of her enjoyment of her trip and she got pissed... cops should not have called.

Erowid.org has lots of essential reading for being a trip sitter.

It could be they thought she was in danger, perhaps from a cliff edge, and tried to restrain her. That usually doesn't work very well.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 11:10 AM
It could be they thought she was in danger, perhaps from a cliff edge, and tried to restrain her. That usually doesn't work very well.
No idea what took place. I could speculate.

And my speculation might go in an entirely different direction. Like ,, if she was assaulted by two "friends" while she was high.

Of course,, since she was "using illegal drugs" her side of that story would not even be considered.

Have we heard her side of the story?

Acala
05-22-2013, 11:32 AM
No idea what took place. I could speculate.

And my speculation might go in an entirely different direction. Like ,, if she was assaulted by two "friends" while she was high.

Of course,, since she was "using illegal drugs" her side of that story would not even be considered.

Have we heard her side of the story?

Yes. Too ugly to even think about. So I won't.

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Taylor Powers, Naked CU-Boulder Student, Rescued From Chautauqua Park After Getting Too High On Mushrooms
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/taylor-powers-naked-cubou_n_3313379.html

Ah, the college life: Academia, sportsmanship, and taking too many mushrooms, stripping naked and fighting off emergency responders. Excelsior!

That's what happened to 21-year-old University of Colorado Boulder undergrad Taylor Powers on Sunday afternoon when she went hiking with her roommates in Chautauqua Park in Boulder, Colorado.

Boulder County Sheriff's Office deputies and other emergency responders -- 35 in all, including personnel from the Boulder County Sheriff's Office, Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, Boulder Fire Rescue, the Rocky Mountain Rescue Group and American Medical Response -- arrived at Chautauqua Park after receiving a 911 call that a hiker was "high on mushrooms and in distress," The Smoking Gun reports.

Powers, high on mushrooms, had taken off all of her clothes and was being restrained by her two 21-year-old roommates who are also CU-Boulder students, Brian Mulligan and William Collins, while hiking near the Second and Third Flatirons, according to The Boulder Daily Camera.

It took rescuers about an hour to successfully restrain Powers in handcuffs, but once they finally did she was taken to Boulder Community Hospital where she was treated and released, KDVR reports.

Powers was issued a summons for unlawful consumption of a controlled substance. According to a Boulder County Sheriff's Office statement, further charges are pending against the two male students involved in the incident.

Flatiron Rescue
http://www.bouldercounty.org/apps/newsroom/templates/bc12.aspx?articleid=3593&zoneid=2

Monday, May 20, 2013

On Sunday, May 19, 2013, at 5:24 p.m., Boulder County Communications received a 911 call reporting a female hiker near the 3rd flatiron in Chautauqua Park who was high on mushrooms and in distress. About 35 personnel from the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, Boulder Fire Rescue, the Rocky Mountain Rescue Group and an American Medical Response ambulance responded.

A Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks ranger and other rescuers located the victim, who had removed all of her clothing and was being physically restrained by her companions, up high between the 2nd and 3rd flatirons, and reached her at about 5:48 p.m. The victim had to be restrained with handcuffs, and it took a number of rescuers to secure her into a litter.

The victim was treated by medical personnel, and then evacuated by litter to an ambulance at the Bluebell shelter, which took rescuers nearly an hour. At 7:50 p.m., the victim was transported to the Boulder Community Hospital, where she was treated and released.

The victim, Taylor Powers, 21, was hiking with her roommates, Brian Mulligan, 21, and William Collins, 21, all of whom are students at the University of Colorado and reside in Boulder.

Powers was issued a summons for unlawful consumption of a controlled substance. Further charges are pending against others involved.

This media release is available on line at www.bouldersheriff.org.

Deputy Dan Walter
Case Number: 13-2555

Collegian, 21, Is Rescued Off Colorado Mountain After Getting High On Mushrooms, Stripping Off Her Clothes
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/naked-woman-on-mushrooms-rescued-784532

Powers, a communications major, has not commented on her weekend adventure on her Facebook page (which includes hiking and skiing photos).
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/assets/taylorpowers.jpg

http://www.protrails.com/trail/boulder-denver-golden-fort-collins-lyons-flatiron-1

OK, this is Flatiron #1 (left) and Flatiron #2 (right) - the problem happened between #2 and #3.
http://www.protrails.com/protrails/trails/138.jpg

The Chautauqua Trail leads up and to the backside of Flatiron #1 with terrific views across the Boulder Valley, Indian Peaks and Rocky Mountain National Park:

The trail begins on a wide, graded path through open space past connections for the Ski Jump (.2 miles) and Bluebell Mesa (.3 miles) trails to the Bluebell-Baird Trail junction (.6 miles : 6,160'). Bear left, then immediately right at this 3-way fork toward Flatiron #1.

The trail splits quickly again for Flatiron #1 (.7 miles : 6,253') - follow signs right and continue on steep switchbacks across an uneven talus field. Lingering snow and ice may conceal the exact path, and certainly warrant a cautious approach. Views of Boulder improve as you climb higher, particularly the downtown area and signature red rooftops of the CU campus.

The trail passes consecutive climbing access spurs for Flatironette (.85 miles) and Flatiron #1 (.88 miles) to the base of an 8' rock face. Foot notches aid the pitched scramble, and the flat area just above is a fine place to enjoy views back east.

The climb resumes on tightly wound switchbacks to a rocky notch with cross-section views of the Flatiron rock layers. It continues through the notch and moderates high above the steep canyon between Flatiron #1 and #3, the latter brilliantly lit on early summer mornings.

The trail curls up a final set of switchbacks to the back of Flatiron #1 and its official end at the Saddle Rock Trail split (1.4 miles : 7,142'). From here a short scramble leads up to an alcove behind Flatiron #1 with panoramas across Boulder's back range and Continental Divide (1.45 miles : 7,185').

Does not sound like someplace you want to trip!

It's also sounding like they went off trail without a permit. That's probably what the other charges are about.

http://bouldercolorado.gov/files/openspace/maps/trailheads/ChautauquaMeadow.pdf

-t

dannno
05-22-2013, 12:21 PM
^bah, I had probably the best mushroom trip of my life, here:

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/jpegs/zion-observation-point-2.jpg

http://www.citrusmilo.com/zion2006/joebraun_obspoint01.jpg

There were four of us, we were all....fantastic.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, I guess you could chill at the bottom of the mountain.

enjerth
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM

What's changed?

She's lucky.

Campus officer kills naked freshman at University of South Alabama (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?391975-Campus-quot-cop-quot-kills-naked-student&highlight=student+shot)

Zippyjuan
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I grew up in Boulder and have hiked in that area many times- no permits. On nice weekends, tons of people are up there. It isn't in the mountains but at the foot of them. Chitaqua Park is right at the edge of town. Boulder is a college town and yes, some people do drugs. Local coverage of the story doesn't mention 35 responders. http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_23281735/officials-cu-boulder-student-naked-high-mushrooms-rescued?source=most_viewed

dannno
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Boulder is a college town and yes, some people do drugs use mind expanding substances.

They aren't shooting up heroin or doing lines of coke...

BenIsForRon
05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Man, it's kinda fucked up this is becoming a national story. This girl committed no crime and doesn't need her reputation ruined and privacy invaded.

dannno
05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Man, it's kinda fucked up this is becoming a national story. This girl committed no crime and doesn't need her reputation ruined and privacy invaded.

Ya honestly I think they are realizing that too many young people are starting to wake up through the use of psychedelics. There's gotta be an agenda behind it.

Honestly, with all of the 'bad' things that happen to people in general and with all of the craziness that comes with doing psychadelics, the real story here seems to be that people do this shit all the time and rarely does anything happen.. it's when the police come they ruin it.

I mean, there are countless festivals around the country where you have thousands and thousands of people on psychadelics. I've been to them. Rarely are there any negative occurrences.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Local coverage of the story doesn't mention 35 responders. http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_23281735/officials-cu-boulder-student-naked-high-mushrooms-rescued?source=most_viewed

That article didn't.
Others did.
http://kdvr.com/2013/05/20/naked-cu-student-high-on-mushrooms-restrained-then-rescued/

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I grew up in Boulder and have hiked in that area many times- no permits. On nice weekends, tons of people are up there. It isn't in the mountains but at the foot of them. Chitaqua Park is right at the edge of town. Boulder is a college town and yes, some people do drugs. Local coverage of the story doesn't mention 35 responders. http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_23281735/officials-cu-boulder-student-naked-high-mushrooms-rescued?source=most_viewed

Did you go off trail?

http://www.protrails.com/trail/boulder-denver-golden-fort-collins-lyons-flatiron-1

Rules and Regulations

All dogs must be on a hand-held leash unless they meet Voice and Sight Control Standards and display a City of Boulder Voice and Sight Tag.

Hiking off trail requires a permit. Hiking off trail can damage flora, create unnatural paths that widen over time and disrupt natural ecosystems.

It's illegal to enter a designated wildlife area closure. These include nesting sites for prairie falcons, peregrine falcons, golden eagles and osprey. Areas may also be closed due to mountain lion or bear activity.

Open fires are illegal. Fires are permitted only in designated picnic areas and shelters.

From the trail map at the end of my previous post, I don't see a trail where they were.

-t

Brian4Liberty
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
A friend of a roommate in college freaked on shrooms. No one called the Police on him, but a week later, he was still traumatized, so he turned himself in to the mental ward. He was in the military reserves, so it wasn't good for him after that.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Did you go off trail?

I never go on the trails. That defeats the whole purpose.

noneedtoaggress
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM

BREAKING NEWS:

Some attractive young college girl is <flashing>naked</flashing> after going bat shit insane ingesting drugs and going on a violent rampage in the forest. It took 35 workers to calm her down and rescue her from RUINING HER LIFE.

If you would like to see this as a basis for a new reality TV show. Text us with #TRPPNWCOEDS

If you would like to see her face Prison. Text us with #JAILBAITLOL

We now we return you to Honey Boo Boo: American Princess.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
A friend of a roommate in college freaked on shrooms. No one called the Police on him, but a week later, he was still traumatized, so he turned himself in to the mental ward. He was in the military reserves, so it wasn't good for him after that.

Did he find out something about himself that he didn't like?

dannno
05-22-2013, 12:55 PM

It's difficult when the world you thought you lived in tears apart and you can see reality. I imagine the cognitive dissonance can be unbearable for some, but ultimately you'll be the better for it.

Zippyjuan
05-22-2013, 12:55 PM
They aren't shooting up heroin or doing lines of coke...

yes, some are.

dannno
05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I never go on the trails. That defeats the whole purpose of the trip.

Clarifying for others, mushrooms take away artificial boundaries.

Zippyjuan
05-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Did you go off trail?

Rules and Regulations

All dogs must be on a hand-held leash unless they meet Voice and Sight Control Standards and display a City of Boulder Voice and Sight Tag.

Hiking off trail requires a permit. Hiking off trail can damage flora, create unnatural paths that widen over time and disrupt natural ecosystems.

It's illegal to enter a designated wildlife area closure. These include nesting sites for prairie falcons, peregrine falcons, golden eagles and osprey. Areas may also be closed due to mountain lion or bear activity.

Open fires are illegal. Fires are permitted only in designated picnic areas and shelters.

From the trail map at the end of my previous post, I don't see a trail where they were.

-t

Not a formal trail but people do go up that way. Both to climb on the Flatrions (also illegal but they still do it) and there is a small cave up in there.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/get-outside-hiking-the-boulder-flatirons

dannno
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
yes, some are.

Ok, you got me, there is a very small contingent of like minded folks who may do coke but that has been dying out for some time.

Brian4Liberty
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Did he find out something about himself that he didn't like?

Probably that he had a predisposition to anxiety and panic disorder, and it was triggered by that episode. Bad trips are pretty much panic attacks. I've seen people do it on any number of hallucinogens. Back in the early days of acid, it was common for people to think they were going to die. Just panic attacks. It would often get blamed on "bad acid", but it was really just a side effect. Experienced trippers often used alcohol or tranquilizers to offset any anxiety side effects. And of course a controlled, calm environment helps too.

Some people may want to trip at a packed mall at Christmas time, but that would not be recommended for beginners.

pcosmar
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by pcosmar
I never go on the trails. That defeats the whole purpose of the trip.
Clarifying for others, mushrooms take away artificial boundaries.

Actually,, tripping or not. If I am in the woods,, I am an animal. I am at home there, quite comfortable with the rules of nature (not of man)
I need neither trail nor map.

If I am seeking nature,, the last thing I want is a road or maintained trail.

dannno
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Actually,, tripping or not. If I am in the woods,, I am an animal. I am at home there, quite comfortable with the rules of nature (not of man)
I need neither trail nor map.

If I am seeking nature,, the last thing I want is a road or maintained trail.

Ya I had to learn that on mushrooms first, before that I'd get these weird urges to stay on the trail and obey the norms of society even if there is nobody around and they don't make any sense at the time.

Matt Collins
05-22-2013, 11:05 PM
There should have been no consequences,, were it not for the assholes she had with her,, and the out of control nanny state.There ARE consequences for using drugs whether the government is involved or not. And when you start to act insane in public, one should expect the police to show up. And yes of course I agree that the government shouldn't be involved in such matters if they don't need to be, but they likely will be, so in modern day America government involvement is often a consequence of possessing / using drugs. So again, she has no judgement and I don't feel bad for her.

Original_Intent
05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
The OP sounds surprised. Picture this: 35 LEOs sitting around the office, and a call comes in of a naked coed on shrooms - who is going to miss out on that detail?

WhistlinDave
05-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Very sad for this girl, the whole thing... One of my best experiences on shrooms was on a mountain. No nakedness, because I was with my brothers hiking up it, and I was the only one tripping. The summit was amazing. It was a spiritual experience. Granted, it wasn't anywhere with cliffs or any dangerous terrain, and maybe this girl's trip wasn't as well planned out as it should've been--especially with regard to her choice of friends and all of their mutual understanding of what to expect--but still, this sounds like none of it needed to happen this way.

WhistlinDave
05-22-2013, 11:41 PM
There ARE consequences for using drugs whether the government is involved or not. And when you start to act insane in public, one should expect the police to show up. And yes of course I agree that the government shouldn't be involved in such matters if they don't need to be, but they likely will be, so in modern day America government involvement is often a consequence of possessing / using drugs. So again, she has no judgement and I don't feel bad for her.

"Insane" is such a subjective term. I would agree she probably could've planned it out better, to avoid a situation like this, but if you're saying that she should've obeyed the drug laws because doing psychedelic substances is inherently bad, and will always lead to negative consequences, I have to disagree. If you've never done psychedelics, you really don't know what you're talking about... And I mean that literally, not as an insult of any kind. It would be like me trying to argue the dangers of walking on the moon, when I've never been there and haven't the faintest clue what it's really like.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 03:27 AM
There ARE consequences for using drugs whether the government is involved or not. And when you start to act insane in public, one should expect the police to show up.

The poor girl was out hiking with alleged "friends", about as far as one can get from "public"....

So let's see if I've got this right....If I get naked and run around in the woods with a couple of girls I should "expect the police to show up"?

:rolleyes:

pcosmar
05-23-2013, 06:33 AM
There ARE consequences for using drugs whether the government is involved or not. And when you start to act insane in public, one should expect the police to show up. And yes of course I agree that the government shouldn't be involved in such matters if they don't need to be, but they likely will be, so in modern day America government involvement is often a consequence of possessing / using drugs. So again, she has no judgement and I don't feel bad for her.

In another thread,, I spoke about a concert.. inside Diamond Crater. New Years 1975/1976.
Well over 100000 people and all manner of substances. I enjoyed some Electric Wine myself. It was a fine time,, and is a fond memory to many,, (I even found reference to it online).

This girl was out away from the public,, and were it not for the idiots she was with,, would likely have had no negative consequences.

It is only proof of the Government being a negative consequence.
I am still curious of what they did to her to cause her to become "argumentative".

Did she say NO?

juleswin
05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
What an ugly situation. Don't call the cops!

Omg, two guys holding a naked girl down, I say u call the damn police. I think they could have handled it themselves but calling this authorities in this particular situation I think is the right thing to do. Just image all the things that could go wrong, sexual assualt charges or even death. Call the damn police and try and video the encounter with the LEO. Nothing keeps them in line like a camera recording their moves.

Matt Collins
05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
If you've never done psychedelics, you really don't know what you're talking about... And I mean that literally, not as an insult of any kind. It would be like me trying to argue the dangers of walking on the moon, when I've never been there and haven't the faintest clue what it's really like.You don't have to walk on the moon to know that it is inherently dangerous given our current technology. You don't have to do drugs to know that there will likely be certain consequences to doing them (whether or not some of those consequences are artificial and unjust).

tod evans
05-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Omg, two guys holding a naked girl down, I say u call the damn police. I think they could have handled it themselves but calling this authorities in this particular situation I think is the right thing to do. Just image all the things that could go wrong, sexual assualt charges or even death. Call the damn police and try and video the encounter with the LEO. Nothing keeps them in line like a camera recording their moves.

It's apparent that we've come from different back grounds, Naked or not, high or not, men don't assault women.

Friends who get high together do not call the law, especially for something like shrooms..[law/EMS can't do squat except maybe pump her stomach]

Remove the two buzz words, naked and drugs, from the equation.....Is it now okay to call the law when your friend acts out?

pcosmar
05-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Omg, two guys holding a naked girl down, I say u call the damn police. .

Bullshit.

I would be kicking two guys in the head with my steel toe boots.

The two guys holding her down were likely the reason she was freaking out.

juleswin
05-23-2013, 07:38 AM
It's apparent that we've come from different back grounds, Naked or not, high or not, men don't assault women.

Friends who get high together do not call the law, especially for something like shrooms..[law/EMS can't do squat except maybe pump her stomach]

Remove the two buzz words, naked and drugs, from the equation.....Is it now okay to call the law when your friend acts out?

Oh no, where I come from, you will be beaten to a pulp if you assault a woman sexually or not. All am saying is to be very careful when you are around a naked, under the influence and what not women. And being careful is in this case is calling the authorities. Lets just imagine they tried to rescue this woman, first they struggle with her to put on her cloths - first set of bruises form.

Now they use some form of restrain to hold her down and then put her in the car, now you we are looking as possibly false imprisonment and kidnapping and god forbid one of those bruises happens to appear in the groin region and then one is possible looking at sexual assault on top if the poor woman ending up thinking something inapprioprate went down.

All am saying is one should be careful around naked intoxicated women. Not saying anyone deserved to be assualted because they are naked or intoxicated. My rule of thumb is "better be safe than sorry" and this is one area where young men should apply this rule

Lastly, if you removed the 2 buzz words then we are talking about college students just hanging out. The buzz words make the story, so they cannot be removed when analyzing the appropriate actions to be taken

tod evans
05-23-2013, 07:45 AM
My rule of thumb is "better be safe than sorry" and this is one area where young men should apply this rule

Well I haven't fit the "young" bill since loosing my hair in the 80's...Could be that's why I just don't get it?

Me, if I'm around some tripping naked girl who's having a rough time, I'll get her through it without the law.

It's just how I believe folks should act....

liberty2897
05-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Consuming mushrooms with good friends is probably the best experience I can recall in life. I find it very disappointing to see proponents of liberty encouraging calling the cops and calling her irresponsible. Imagine that you just discovered the meaning of life and how the universe worked. Imagine that you could see the world in ways that you never thought possible. Image that you just discovered true freedom. Then, in that instant, someone that you thought was your friend wanted to put the chains back on while you were in the middle of enjoying life for the first time. Imagine that those same friends decided to call in representatives of your oppressors to put the chains back on. This girl did nothing wrong except choosing the wrong friends to go on an adventure with.

Please, If you haven't had this experience before, please don't inject your authoritarian, oppressive thought process into your comments on this situation. Her friends should have stayed quiet and let her run around naked. The cops should NEVER have been called.

dannno
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
The poor girl was out hiking with alleged "friends", about as far as one can get from "public"....

So let's see if I've got this right....If I get naked and run around in the woods with a couple of girls I should "expect the police to show up"?

:rolleyes:

lol, really Matt your argument was not too well thought out on this one..

erowe1
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM

Yes, at least a moderate one, by definition.

I don't know if she advocates everybody doing that though.

erowe1
05-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Consuming mushrooms with good friends is probably the best experience I can recall in life. I find it very disappointing to see proponents of liberty encouraging calling the cops and calling her irresponsible. Imagine that you just discovered the meaning of life and how the universe worked. Imagine that you could see the world in ways that you never thought possible. Image that you just discovered true freedom. Then, in that instant, someone that you thought was your friend wanted to put the chains back on while you were in the middle of enjoying life for the first time. Imagine that those same friends decided to call in representatives of your oppressors to put the chains back on. This girl did nothing wrong except choosing the wrong friends to go on an adventure with.

Please, If you haven't had this experience before, please don't inject your authoritarian, oppressive thought process into your comments on this situation. Her friends should have stayed quiet and let her run around naked. The cops should NEVER have been called.

This might be true. But who really knows? They probably all either did shrooms or knew someone would be when they went on the trip. So they must have had some reason to think she was doing something dangerous beyond just hallucinating. I'm not saying they were right to call the police. I don't know enough facts either.

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 11:33 AM
especially for something like shrooms..[law/EMS can't do squat except maybe pump her stomach]

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130085

kratom serves as an antidote to tripping on ethnobotanical psycoactives like psylocybin mushrooms.
Swim can not post links, but doing a google search with the phrase "kratom alkaloids" will get you the artical written by a guy named Murphy.

Hallucinogens, specific antidote: chlorpromazine, haloperidol, risperidone, mirtazepine.
Hallucinogens, symptomatic treatment: benzodiazepines, clonidine, beta blockers.

Imagine that you just discovered the meaning of life and how the universe worked. Imagine that you could see the world in ways that you never thought possible. Image that you just discovered true freedom.

Imagine that you have just realized you can fly. Imagine flapping your "wings" as you step toward the edge of the cliff for your first soar across that gorgeous valley...

Rule of thumb concerning body mass and significant falls:
mice bounce
people break
elephants go splat

Lets just say that I know under what conditions I would have tackled her...

-t

WhistlinDave
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
You don't have to walk on the moon to know that it is inherently dangerous given our current technology. You don't have to do drugs to know that there will likely be certain consequences to doing them (whether or not some of those consequences are artificial and unjust).

Walking on the moon was probably a poor choice of analogy for me to use, because from what I've heard about conditions there, it IS inherently dangerous to go walking there, whereas taking psychedelics is not inherently dangerous--in spite of everything you've probably been told on the subject.

It can be dangerous, under the wrong circumstances (i.e. taking too much, or taking them in an unsafe setting, or taking them with friends who aren't really good friends). But that's not the same as saying they are inherently bad/dangerous or will always lead to negative consequences, which seems to be what you were saying. But that's just incorrect.

WhistlinDave
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Imagine that you have just realized you can fly. Imagine flapping your "wings" as you step toward the edge of the cliff for your first soar across that gorgeous valley...

Rule of thumb concerning body mass and significant falls:
mice bounce
people break
elephants go splat

Lets just say that I know under what conditions I would have tackled her...

-t

Definitely, if she was in danger of falling off a cliff, she needed to be stopped. Again, I think it sounds like she could've picked a better location to commune with nature. We really don't know the details of what exactly was going on up there though.

Your statement about the physics of flying reminds me of something Bill Hicks had to say on this:

“Always that same LSD story, you've all seen it. 'Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy.' What a dick! Fuck him, he’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn’t he take off on the ground first? Check it out. You don’t see ducks lined up to catch elevators to fly south—they fly from the ground, ya moron, quit ruining it for everybody. He’s a moron, he’s dead—good, we lost a moron, fuckin’ celebrate. Wow, I just felt the world get lighter. We lost a moron! I don’t mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am, so that’s the way it comes out. Professional help is being sought.

How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn't that be news-worthy, just the once? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition and lies? I think it would be news-worthy. 'Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves' . . . 'Here's Tom with the weather.”

pcosmar
05-23-2013, 12:06 PM

-t
Not this ridiculous myth again.
There is not one documented case of this ever happening.

It was used in an attempt to cover up an MK Ultra related murder. And it was used by Art Linkletter to blame the suicide of his daughter on acid.

Both were utter bullshit and yet the urban legend remains. It is utter Bullshit with not one documented case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_misconceptions_about_illegal_drugs
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/linkletter.asp
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110918014720AAIZFcH

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Not this ridiculous myth again.
There is not one documented case of this ever happening.

It was used in an attempt to cover up an MK Ultra related murder. And it was used by Art Linkletter to blame the suicide of his daughter on acid.

Both were utter bullshit and yet the urban legend remains. It is utter Bullshit with not one documented case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_misconceptions_about_illegal_drugs
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/linkletter.asp
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110918014720AAIZFcH

How about Salem, MA?
I remember reading about someone on a hallucinogen playing "dodge the fireballs" - car headlights on a freeway.
Also read something in the news - maybe a week ago? that fully 4% of teenagers thought that they could perform real magic or had superpowers or were the re-incarnation of a princess or a wizard or could turn themselves into a dragon or a cat at will. FOUR PERCENT!

add some acid or shrooms, and...

-t

Matt Collins
05-23-2013, 12:48 PM
taking psychedelics is not inherently dangerous--in spite of everything you've probably been told on the subject.

It can be dangerous, under the wrong circumstances (i.e. taking too much, or taking them in an unsafe setting, or taking them with friends who aren't really good friends). But that's not the same as saying they are inherently bad/dangerous or will always lead to negative consequences, which seems to be what you were saying. But that's just incorrect.May I ask where you received your medical degree from?

erowe1
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM
It can be dangerous, under the wrong circumstances (i.e. taking too much, or taking them in an unsafe setting, or taking them with friends who aren't really good friends). But that's not the same as saying they are inherently bad/dangerous or will always lead to negative consequences, which seems to be what you were saying. But that's just incorrect.

Given what little we know about this case, it seems unlikely to me that the guys determined she was in danger merely because they thought psychedelics were inherently dangerous. They may have misjudged the situation, but there must have been something going on that led them to believe that the particular circumstances made it dangerous.

pcosmar
05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
How about Salem, MA?
I remember reading about someone on a hallucinogen playing "dodge the fireballs" - car headlights on a freeway.
Also read something in the news - maybe a week ago? that fully 4% of teenagers thought that they could perform real magic or had superpowers or were the re-incarnation of a princess or a wizard or could turn themselves into a dragon or a cat at will. FOUR PERCENT!

add some acid or shrooms, and...

-t

Ever seen stupid people on alcohol?

or even without it?

Tempted to post video, (reconsidered) search for yourself,, stupid is not that hard to find.

pcosmar
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Given what little we know about this case,

Given what we know,, limited by the media story presented.

Two guys were holding a naked woman against her will. and restraining her when Multiple LEO showed up.

Their story,, She is high.

Have not heard her story.

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Given what we know,, limited by the media story presented.

Two guys were holding a naked woman against her will. and restraining her when Multiple LEO showed up.

Their story,, She is high.

Have not heard her story.

We know a little bit more than that:

We know that following a medical exam she was charged with ingesting a illegal substance (shrooms). There was also probably a baggie with flakes.
We know that they were not on an official trail, in very steep terrain, between and almost to the top of Flatiorn #2 and #3.
We know there is a 1,400'+ altitude gain.
We know she somehow got naked, apparently by her own will.
We know the two guys called for help and held her down for over an hour till it arrived.
We know that 35 people responded, the vast majority of them unpaid S&R people (including some from a team I used to go to their meetings and trainings with), and a few gvmt employees - u know, cops. Sheriffs dept, specifically. The title to this thread is inaccurate.
We know it took substantial effort to get her subdued, handcuffed, in a rescue litter and down the mountain. It took them about an hour.
We know that the gvmt may file charges against the 2 males - but for what? Leaving marked trails without a permit?, Harm to the ecosystem? Possession of drugs? Some harm they may have done to her while holding her down? Kidnapping? Rape? - I suppose it all depends on what she says in the coming days and weeks.
We know that the 2 guys were not arrested.
We know that after she was treated, she was arrested and charged, then released on her own recognizance.

I'm sure things are like, totally chill, in that apartment right now - what with the 3 of them living together...

It will be interesting to see what direction this one goes.

-t

FunkBuddha
05-23-2013, 01:24 PM
This story reminds me of an adventure.

a very fond memory of long ago.

No police were involved.

Same here.

tod evans
05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll start with a bit of back ground;

I've consumed psychedelics before, lots of times.

I've been licensed and worked in emergency medicine as a paramedic both in the field and in a hospital setting [Just for Matt Collins benefit] USN and civilian employment.

Forcibly giving a person who's tripping antipsycotic drugs such as you have listed will quiet them down to the casual observer, just as a tranquilizer will calm a raging elephant, but this is absolutely NOT the best choice for every patient/friend or even stranger I have had occasion to be around while tripping! Trying to force compliance has never had a positive outcome that I've seen...

People who have never tripped have no business spouting off assumptions because they heard propaganda from somewhere and people who try to exert physical control over someone who is tripping, even with other drugs such as those listed, is an outright sadist in my opinion.:mad:

Peace love and understanding, the mantra of flower-children, was coined for a reason. And this is coming from an old biker/hillbilly who has been there....

Leave those who are tripping alone if you can't be nice!

All the more reason to not call the law.

Here's a trusted link to the leaves you posted a link to, I'd not heard of them and don't see how they could hurt a person having a bad trip, but you might have better luck trying to get the person to drink chamomile tea...

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130085

kratom serves as an antidote to tripping on ethnobotanical psycoactives like psylocybin mushrooms.
Swim can not post links, but doing a google search with the phrase "kratom alkaloids" will get you the artical written by a guy named Murphy.

Hallucinogens, specific antidote: chlorpromazine, haloperidol, risperidone, mirtazepine.
Hallucinogens, symptomatic treatment: benzodiazepines, clonidine, beta blockers.

dannno
05-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I'll start with a bit of back ground;

I've consumed psychedelics before, lots of times.

I've been licensed and worked in emergency medicine as a paramedic both in the field and in a hospital setting [Just for Matt Collins benefit] USN and civilian employment.

Forcibly giving a person who's tripping antipsycotic drugs such as you have listed will quiet them down to the casual observer, just as a tranquilizer will calm a raging elephant, but this is absolutely NOT the best choice for every patient/friend or even stranger I have had occasion to be around while tripping! Trying to force compliance has never had a positive outcome that I've seen...

People who have never tripped have no business spouting off assumptions because they heard propaganda from somewhere and people who try to exert physical control over someone who is tripping, even with other drugs such as those listed, is an outright sadist in my opinion.:mad:

Peace love and understanding, the mantra of flower-children, was coined for a reason. And this is coming from an old biker/hillbilly who has been there....

Leave those who are tripping alone if you can't be nice!

All the more reason to not call the law.

Here's a trusted link to the leaves you posted a link to, I'd not heard of them and don't see how they could hurt a person having a bad trip, but you might have better luck trying to get the person to drink chamomile tea...

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

tangent4ronpaul
05-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm not biting! But how many creative ppl have you met that have never tripped?

Look at the paperwork to buy or possess a regulated firearm, and see how you just disqualified yourself!

-t