PDA

View Full Version : Bee venom destroys HIV

John F Kennedy III
05-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Bee venom destroys HIV

Nanoparticles carrying a toxin found in bee venom can destroy human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) while leaving the surrounding cells unharmed. The research was conducted by the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. The Nanoparticles carry melittin, which is the principal active component of bee venom. Melittin fuses with the HIV virus and destroys it’s protective envelope while molecular bumpers prevent the nanoparticles from harming the body’s normal cells. Bee venom is known to disrupt cellular walls and destroy tumour cells as well.

Bee venom contains a potent toxin called melittin that can poke holes in the protective envelope that surrounds HIV, and other viruses. Large amounts of free melittin can cause a lot of damage. Indeed, in addition to anti-viral therapy, the paper’s senior author, Samuel A. Wickline, MD, the J. Russell Hornsby Professor of Biomedical Sciences, has shown melittin-loaded nanoparticles to be effective in killing tumor cells.

The new study shows that melittin loaded onto these nanoparticles does not harm normal cells. That’s because Hood added protective bumpers to the nanoparticle surface. When the nanoparticles come into contact with normal cells, which are much larger in size, the particles simply bounce off. HIV, on the other hand, is even smaller than the nanoparticle, so HIV fits between the bumpers and makes contact with the surface of the nanoparticle, where the bee toxin awaits. (1)

Most anti-HIV drugs inhibit the virus’s ability to replicate. This is an anti-replication strategy that does nothing to stop the infection, and many strains of the virus have found ways around these drugs and continue reproducing. Given this discovery, a new vaginal gel could possibly be used in places where HIV is prominent. It can be used as a preventative measure to stop the initial infection and prevent the spread of HIV. The bee venom HIV study was published a several days ago in the journal Antiviral Therapy.

More than 34 million people are living with HIV/AIDS worldwide, and over 3 million of them are under the age of 15. Everyday, thousands of people contract HIV around the world.

It is also important to note the debate surrounding HIV and AIDS. Findings suggest there is not solid scientific evidence that exists today to prove the existence of HIV. AIDS is also under great debate as in some countries it is considered to be one thing while in another, it is something totally different. One can literally be diagnosed with AIDS in one country but not in another. AIDS is often is simply a term for a HUGE umbrella of potential diseases. The only common factor found amongst definitions is if the body’s T-cell count reduces below a specific level. Why is there such a lack of distinction about what AIDS truly is? Why so many different definitions?

Rest at link: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/03/13/bee-venom-destroys-human-immunodeficiency-virus-hiv/

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
is this a breakthrough? O: watch bee venom get banned

Zippyjuan
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Confusing article. It says that 35 million people have AIDs and it then says that there is no evidence that AIDs exists (political commentary?).

More than 34 million people are living with HIV/AIDS worldwide, and over 3 million of them are under the age of 15. Everyday, thousands of people contract HIV around the world.

It is also important to note the debate surrounding HIV and AIDS. Findings suggest there is not solid scientific evidence that exists today to prove the existence of HIV.

The rest of the story seems to be true though. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/348990/description/Bee_venom_component_might_offer_HIV_protection They next have to see if it can work in people rather than just in a lab.

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Confusing article. It says that 35 million people have AIDs and it then says that there is no evidence that AIDs exists (political commentary?).

It is also important to note the debate surrounding HIV and AIDS. Findings suggest there is not solid scientific evidence that exists today to prove the existence of HIV.

The rest of the story seems to be true though. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...HIV_protection (http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/348990/description/Bee_venom_component_might_offer_HIV_protection) They next have to see if it can work in people rather than just in a lab.
They seem to be citing a statistic and almost simultaneously questioning it.

oyarde
05-21-2013, 11:12 PM
How many bees are left after the massive colony dieoffs? I know in my particular area, there are still enough to not have a reduction in pollination , but reaaly do not know about other geographical areas.

opal
05-21-2013, 11:20 PM
slight threadjack.. this is not the first treatment to supposedly cure aids/hiv. Years ago.. circa 199something, one of my daughter's teachers, afflicted with some horrible wound issues due to her type 1 diabetes, decided to head out of country for ozone treatments. While on this island she met another patient getting treatments but not for wounds.. for aids. Who remembers Magic Johnson? We never hear about him anymore.. he had aids. He went for ozone treatments and was arranging for the continuation of these treatments in his home - very hush hush at the time - probably still is since ozone is not an FDA approved treatment regimine.. anyway - last I heard from her - the teacher - he had completed his treatments and was either in remission or cured - just another in a long line of *can't make money off it so scrap it* treatments that work.

Zippyjuan
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Magic Johnson doesn't say he was cured. He still takes lots of medications to control his HIV- not ozone.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/magic-johnson-hiv-20-years-later_n_1081752.html

Two decades after his shocking admission and quick retirement at 32, Johnson's doctors say he's a 52-year-old specimen of health, comfortably managing HIV with a daily regimen of drugs and exercise.

While he once took upwards of 15 pills several times a day, he now requires just a few daily medications. He rises around 5 a.m. each day for a vigorous workout – everything from stretching and running to Tae Bo – before spending his days overseeing his large business empire.

Yet Johnson worries his strong health could encourage complacency, and he sees the anniversary of his historic announcement as a call to renew dedication to the cause.

"I often say I'm good for the virus, and bad for it," Johnson said. "Good because I'm doing well, and that I can go out and try and raise the awareness level, get people to go get tested ... but on the flip side of that, people see that I'm doing well, so they've kind of relaxed on HIV and AIDS. People think that now if they get the virus, they'll do well, but a couple million will die this year."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/social-issues/endgame-aids-in-black-america/20-years-after-hiv-announcement-magic-johnson-emphasizes-i-am-not-cured/

When we talk to people, they all think you’re cured, and obviously you’re completely healthy, so can you explain that to people who think you are cured.

I am not cured. I have just been taking my meds. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, and thank God the HIV virus in my blood system and in my body have laid dead in a sense, and we don’t want anything to wake it up and to make it be active or more active in my body. And so no, there is no cure, and even if I could just have this life that I have and with the virus living inside me, I am OK with that if a cure never comes.

So I think all of us, we just want to live a long time. It used to be an instant death sentence. When you had announced HIV, it would turn into AIDS. But now with the medicine and with all the advanced science that we have today about HIV and AIDS, and people like Dr. Ho and other great people who work in the HIV/AIDS community, if you go and get tested and early detection, you can live for a long time.

emazur
05-21-2013, 11:31 PM

Taking a moment to poke around what else is on the site, it seems to have about as much credibility as Natural News. They probably love the idea that a cure is found in nature but hate to admit that HIV and/or AIDS is real. Some people believe in this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism
Unfortunately, even some people who are on our side like G. Edward Griffin believe this. He said "There’s never been a photograph, an electron microscope, or anything else that photographed a virus called HIV, mainly because it doesn’t exist. It’s theorized. It’s a theoretical virus." Wikipedia has an electron micrograph of HIV in that article and assuming this isn't something doctored, here it is:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/HIV-1_Transmission_electron_micrograph_AIDS02bbb_lores .jpg

In expect a series of Natural News links debunking the validity in no short order

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Given this discovery, a new vaginal gel could possibly be used in places where HIV is prominent. It can be used as a preventative measure to stop the initial infection and prevent the spread of HIV.

BS alert. This same hypothesis led to many AIDS deaths. They said that nonoxynol-9 would do the same thing (prevent AIDS infection), and it did the opposite. It increased the infection rate.

Nonoxynol-9 ineffective in preventing HIV infection

Spermicides containing nonoxynol-9 do not protect against HIV infection and may even increase the risk of HIV infection in women using these products frequently, according to a WHO report released today. The report also advises women at high risk of HIV infection against using nonoxynol-9 spermicides for contraception.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/notes/release55/en/

Many things will kill the AIDS virus (including N-9). It's fragile as far as viruses go. Many things will kill cancer cells (thus chemotherapy). Much testing is required, especially to understand side effects and determine efficacy.

It would be great if a bee venom compound actually cured a human with AIDS, but don't hold your breath.

John F Kennedy III
05-21-2013, 11:35 PM
slight threadjack.. this is not the first treatment to supposedly cure aids/hiv. Years ago.. circa 199something, one of my daughter's teachers, afflicted with some horrible wound issues due to her type 1 diabetes, decided to head out of country for ozone treatments. While on this island she met another patient getting treatments but not for wounds.. for aids. Who remembers Magic Johnson? We never hear about him anymore.. he had aids. He went for ozone treatments and was arranging for the continuation of these treatments in his home - very hush hush at the time - probably still is since ozone is not an FDA approved treatment regimine.. anyway - last I heard from her - the teacher - he had completed his treatments and was either in remission or cured - just another in a long line of *can't make money off it so scrap it* treatments that work.

Thanks for the story. Magic Johnson should be a big red flag.

Zippyjuan
05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Taking a moment to poke around what else is on the site, it seems to have about as much credibility as Natural News. They probably love the idea that a cure is found in nature but hate to admit that HIV and/or AIDS is real. Some people believe in this:
Unfortunately, even some people who are on our side like G. Edward Griffin believe this. He said "There’s never been a photograph, an electron microscope, or anything else that photographed a virus called HIV, mainly because it doesn’t exist. It’s theorized. It’s a theoretical virus." Wikipedia has an electron micrograph of HIV in that article and assuming this isn't something doctored, here it is:

In expect a series of Natural News links debunking the validity in no short order

Articles like
"Former CIA Officer Gives Deathbed Testimony About UFOs"

Geoengineering & Chemtrails: What In The World Are They Spraying? And Why?

Tell Us About Your Experience With Astral Projection

Do You Feel Separate From Everything & Everyone?

Don't miss the upcoming "Opening of the Portal" on May 25th.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/topic/opening-of-the-portal-5-25-2013/

Opening of the Portal

5-25-2013

It is time to take action again! It is time to take the destiny of our world in our own hands! Therefore we will meet in groups large and small, as individuals and couples, at the time of full moon this May. Many of us will gather and visualize the liberation of our planet from the tyranny of the negative energy grid so that for the first time in our history we will have the chance to create our own destiny as free citizens of the Earth and thus fully empowered surrender ourselves to our Ascension process.

Our visualization will support the plan for planetary liberation, so that it manifests as soon as possible, as non-violently and smoothly as possible. We can do it! It needs to go viral! We need to reach many people, so that the critical mass of people actually doing it is attained. Please post it on your websites and blogs. If you know an alternative media outlet, you can send it to them. You can create a Facebook group for your local group of people dong this in your part of the world. You can create a video about this and post it on Youtube.

A few hours before the opening of the Portal, a penumbral lunar eclipse will assist in the buildup of energies to prepare us for that event. This is the time of Wesak, which is a period of spiritual blessing for humanity and an outpouring of Light for the entire planet. The main vortex for this is centered in the Himalayan mountains where many Initiates and Masters will gather to anchor the Light for the Earth at this time of the full moon in May. Although according to some traditions Wesak festival has already happened at the full moon in April, a very strong outpouring of Light always happens during the full moon in May. A very strong timeline runs through the date of May 25th. On May 25th, 1975 the whole 50 year proceess of the planetary liberation has started. On May 25th, 2010 a special portal called Mission Blue Shield was activated and it marked the beginning of the downfall of the Archons. And now on May 25th, 2013, we will open the Portal. The purpose of the Portal is to liberate humanity from the grip of the negative energy grid that was enslaving humanity since late Atlantis.

John F Kennedy III
05-21-2013, 11:41 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/HIV-1_Transmission_electron_micrograph_AIDS02bbb_lores .jpg

I'm hoping you'll be incorrect.

Zippyjuan
05-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Natural News's take: Honey Cures HIV

http://www.naturalnews.com/039595_bee_venom_HIV_apitherapy.html

Propolis, royal jelly, bee pollen, and raw honey may also target HIV
However, the use of nanoparticles, which have never been proven safe, is not actually necessary for bee venom to do its work. A patent issued to Vespa Laboratories, Inc. back in 1989 reveals that the use of melittin as a natural antiretroviral treatment was known long before nanoparticles were even invented (or discovered), which means the substance itself, without modification, possesses anti-HIV properties.

And besides bee venom, many other bee products may also target HIV naturally without the need for deadly antiretroviral drugs and therapies. Numerous scientific studies have shown that bee propolis, for instance, is loaded with biologically-active substances that stimulate immunity and prevent HIV replication. And royal jelly, which is considered by many to be a "perfect food," contains all sorts of beneficial hormones, vitamins, and other nutrients that naturally promote strong immunity and the proliferation of healthy cells.

"Five bee products are involved in apitherapy protocol for the treatment of HIV/AIDS," explains an article posted on ProNutrition.org. "These are honey, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, and bee venom. The first four can be used as food supplements and [medications], while bee venom is only applicable as medicine for HIV/AIDS and other disease conditions."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039595_bee_venom_HIV_apitherapy.html#ixzz2TzubHusF

alucard13mm
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
I studied and researched HIV when I was an undergraduate.

The problem is finding and activating latent cells. Latent cells are cells where HIV is hiding in. HIV hides in the the DNA of a cell. The cell acts normal and are not targeted by current means of treatment. These cells can stay inactive for years and suddenly become active and produce viral proteins.

The cure for HIV will involve targeting these latent cells at once and wiping out HIV in one go. All it takes is one infected cell to start the whole process over.

You cannot believe how expensive HIV treatments are... This bee venom might be a good, cheap alternative.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM

The problem is finding and activating latent cells. Latent cells are cells where HIV is hiding in. HIV hides in the the DNA of a cell. The cell acts normal and are not targeted by current means of treatment. These cells can stay inactive for years and suddenly become active and produce viral proteins.

The cure for HIV will involve targeting these latent cells at once and wiping out HIV in one go. All it takes is one infected cell to start the whole process over.

You cannot believe how expensive HIV treatments are... This bee venom might be a good, cheap alternative.
well yeah, all you have to go is go outside and get stung!

talkingpointes
05-22-2013, 02:02 AM

Last time I checked they still don't have a test that actually identifies it. It's a battery for markers of antigens. Which is really confusing. It's like looking into someones blood to find a bunch of specialized police and yet you can't ever find the robbers. And over time these robbers will destroy the host, unless it seems the host can stop having anal sex, not sleeping, drinking frequently, and being highly-stressed.

http://std.about.com/od/HIVTesting/f/How-Does-A-Western-Blot-Hiv-Test-Work.htm

NOTE: Search the creator of this kit and see what he thinks about his own invention

Diagnosis of HIV infection

"Tests used for the diagnosis of HIV infection in a particular person require a high degree of both sensitivity and specificity. In the United States, this is achieved using an algorithm combining two tests for HIV antibodies. If antibodies are detected by an initial test based on the ELISA method, then a second test using the Western blot procedure determines the size of the antigens in the test kit binding to the antibodies. The combination of these two methods is highly accurate "

From the wiki on aids testing.

For the record I don't deny AIDS, I just deny the testing is as effective as the add line of questioning. The fact is it's a lifestyle that is more to blame then a virus. If there was a virus afflicting mainly people that had sex with dogs, I don't think many people would really care all that much once they found out the truth.

jmdrake
05-22-2013, 04:25 AM
So THAT explains the guy that was screwing the hornet's nest.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?414515-Man-Dies-After-Having-Sex-With-Hornet%92s-Nest&highlight=hornet

amy31416
05-22-2013, 04:31 AM

I don't really keep up with HIV/AIDS news much, but last I knew there was one guy who was proven (?) cured via a bone marrow transplant. Any truth to that?

jmdrake
05-22-2013, 04:37 AM
I don't really keep up with HIV/AIDS news much, but last I knew there was one guy who was proven (?) cured via a bone marrow transplant. Any truth to that?

According to New Scientist there have been 14 verified cases of adults cured of HIV and one baby. Magic Johnson's wife said years ago that he had been cured but he denied it. However I can't believe that he's still just taken meds if others have received a cure considering how much money he has. Oh, and pokeweed antigen kills HIV without killing human cells. That's been known for years.

http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/botany/botany_map/articles/article_46.html

tangent4ronpaul
05-22-2013, 09:57 AM

It hides in bone marrow. The same cells that produce blood cells. That's why it's so hard to kill.

And yes, there are tests for it:

Laboratory Diagnosis of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
http://apps.who.int/bookorders/anglais/detart1.jsp?codlan=1&codcol=15&codcch=434

The manual has nine chapter covering the full range of sexually transmitted diseases: gonorrhoea, Chlamydia trachomatis infection, syphilis, genital herpes, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, vaginitis in adults, human papillomavirus infection, and human immunodeficiency virus.
The chapter on HIV infection reproduces the latest joint UNAIDS and WHO recommendations for the selection and use of HIV antibody tests.

It's interesting to note that HIV/AIDS has been found to be related to the black plague. Also of interest is that archeologists have discovered recently that it (plague) took 3 passes around the world, not just two and was partially responsible for wiping out the Roman empire.

-t

oyarde
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Articles like

Don't miss the upcoming "Opening of the Portal" on May 25th.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/topic/opening-of-the-portal-5-25-2013/

I feel cheated Zip , how did I miss the CIA deathbed UFO article ?