PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide IRS protest TODAY (5/21/13) - noon!

Matt Collins
05-21-2013, 06:22 AM
In case you are unaware, there is a nationwide IRS protest at noon today (5/21/13) across the country.

Ron Paul supporters are encouraged to hand out these flyers:
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/NITflyer.pdf

TonySutton
05-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Fax them to every IRS office :P

shane77m
05-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Expect the protestors to be protected and served.

Keith and stuff
05-21-2013, 06:50 AM
What does a possible Internet sales tax have to do with the IRS? Is the IRS going to make the software that is going to be giving to every business in the US for free with sales tax info for every jurisdiction?

Matt Collins
05-21-2013, 07:07 AM
What does a possible Internet sales tax have to do with the IRS? Is the IRS going to make the software that is going to be giving to every business in the US for free with sales tax info for every jurisdiction?
Because people going to this obviously hate taxes, and it's a good place to get the word out about the Internet Sales Tax scheme so that we can stop it before it becomes law.

ZENemy
05-21-2013, 07:27 AM
LoL....a protest, that'll show em.

They rob us, target us and have basically declared themselves enemies of free people and to get back at them; let's hold signs and yell scary words at lifeless buildings.

JK/SEA
05-21-2013, 08:26 AM

They rob us, target us and have basically declared themselves enemies of free people and to get back at them; let's hold signs and yell scary words at lifeless buildings.

true enough brother. This 'live to fight another day' mantra is getting to be a worthless set of words.

Keith and stuff
05-21-2013, 08:29 AM

I almost never do protests. Not only do they not accomplish much, the word protest is negative. Some good at PR would almost never name their event a protest. Even a sign wave is less negative but a rally sounds better.

Hopefully Matt is actually encouraging people to protest and attend protests for the sake of protesting. I assume he knows more about PR than to do something like that. I think he might be encouraging Ron Paul folks to attend to hand out flyers about the Internet Sales Tax to folks since that project seems to be the major focus of his activism right now. I support that 100%, after he explained it to me.

RockEnds
05-21-2013, 08:40 AM
I'll be visited by classes of kindergarteners this afternoon so I'll have to pass, but I hope the protest is successful.

ZENemy
05-21-2013, 10:12 AM
true enough brother. This 'live to fight another day' mantra is getting to be a worthless set of words.

Power will only respect power, there is no power in begging (protesting) for our leaders to hear us.

ZENemy
05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
the IRS has literally came out and called themselves enemies of Americans.

I just don't get why anyone would think that this completely LAWLESS Gestapo gives a fuck about BAD press or PROTESTORS.

Czolgosz
05-21-2013, 10:27 AM

Exactly. Authoritarians have no reason to yield.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
a real protest would be refusing to pay income taxes. they're not going to arrest 100 million people

Czolgosz
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't do the rep thing much, but ZENemy deserves an assload of it, in this thread. Rep, that is.

ZENemy
05-21-2013, 10:30 AM
I don't do the rep thing much, but ZENemy deserves an assload of it, in this thread. Rep, that is.

Thanks! :)

MrTudo
05-21-2013, 10:38 AM

Hahahaha how true. I did my part in 1968. :)

Search 1968 anti war protests on youtube. They said we'd be ashamed of that when we got older. Maybe ashamed to be on the other side but I've always been happy about the decision to RESIST and those video's should show you how we resisted.

Matt Collins
05-21-2013, 10:54 AM
At the Chattanooga protest there was a ton of press there. It does help bring awareness to the issue. And besides, I'm using it to also bring awareness about the Internet sales tax.

FindLiberty
05-21-2013, 11:01 AM
I'll be visited by classes of kindergarteners this afternoon so I'll have to pass, but I hope the protest is successful. ...
hand out flyers about the Internet Sales Tax

JK/SEA
05-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Hahahaha how true. I did my part in 1968. :)

Search 1968 anti war protests on youtube. They said we'd be ashamed of that when we got older. Maybe ashamed to be on the other side but I've always been happy about the decision to RESIST and those video's should show you how we resisted.

i was there. We shut down Interstate 5 in Seattle, held rally's where thousands attended, marched everywhere. It was non-stop, in your face civil disobedience.