PDA

View Full Version : IL-Off duty cop shoots and kills four month old dog, "Supposed to be on a leash".

Anti Federalist
05-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Off-Duty Officer Shoots, Kills Neighbor's Dog

Maximus, a four-month-old pit bull, was shot eight times, owner says

By Rob Elgas | Friday, May 17, 2013 | Updated 10:39 PM CDT

http://i.imgur.com/i9YyTut.jpg

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-police-officer-shoots-neighbor-pit-bull-dog-207970631.html#ixzz2TteV2ahF

Chicago police on Friday night launched an investigation into what led an off-duty officer to shoot and kill his neighbor's dog.

The officer, an eight-year veteran of the force, said he was out with his young son on the 5800 block of North Oketo Avenue, on the city's far northwest side, when Maximus, a four-month-old pit bull, charged at them.

The dog's owner, Samantha Maglaya, said that wasn't the case.

"He would sit in the yard and listen to the birds. He didn't even bark. He never growled," she said. "He was the biggest baby."

Maglaya rushed Maximus to an animal hospital after the Friday afternoon shooting but the animal couldn't be saved.

"We just drove as fast as possible. I was hoping I could get him there to save him but he died in the car," she said through tears, describing how her pet had been wounded eight times.

Outside the family home, Maglaya's young daughter wore Maximus' collar.

The off-duty officer said he was walking from a house just down the block when the incident unfolded.

"It's supposed to be on a leash. If that dog is on a leash this never happens," the officer said. "[My son] wanted to ride his bike. So he's riding down the sidewalk. As I'm walking down the street the dog comes out of the gangway charging at him."

But neighbors said the boy was nearly a block away during the shooting. And they say Maximus never even barked.

A police sergeant interviewed the officer, who said he's on vacation. The sergeant also met with the family who owned the dog. They say the sergeant issued them two citations after the shooting.

The case was turned over to the Independent Police Review Authority.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-police-officer-shoots-neighbor-pit-bull-dog-207970631.html#ixzz2TteV2ahF

cindy25
05-20-2013, 10:18 PM
does Rand "support law enforcement" this time?

I like Rand, but when he keeps saying he supports law enforcement I do wonder

aGameOfThrones
05-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Off-Duty Officer Shoots, Kills Neighbor's Dog

Maximus, a four-month-old pit bull, was shot eight times, owner says

By Rob Elgas | Friday, May 17, 2013 | Updated 10:39 PM CDT

http://i.imgur.com/i9YyTut.jpg

Chicago police on Friday night launched an investigation into what led an off-duty officer to shoot and kill his neighbor's dog.

The officer, an eight-year veteran of the force, said he was out with his young son on the 5800 block of North Oketo Avenue, on the city's far northwest side, when Maximus, a four-month-old pit bull, charged at them.

The dog's owner, Samantha Maglaya, said that wasn't the case.

"He would sit in the yard and listen to the birds. He didn't even bark. He never growled," she said. "He was the biggest baby."

Maglaya rushed Maximus to an animal hospital after the Friday afternoon shooting but the animal couldn't be saved.

"We just drove as fast as possible. I was hoping I could get him there to save him but he died in the car," she said through tears, describing how her pet had been wounded eight times.

Outside the family home, Maglaya's young daughter wore Maximus' collar.

The off-duty officer said he was walking from a house just down the block when the incident unfolded.

"It's supposed to be on a leash. If that dog is on a leash this never happens," the officer said. "[My son] wanted to ride his bike. So he's riding down the sidewalk. As I'm walking down the street the dog comes out of the gangway charging at him."

But neighbors said the boy was nearly a block away during the shooting. And they say Maximus never even barked.

A police sergeant interviewed the officer, who said he's on vacation. The sergeant also met with the family who owned the dog. They say the sergeant issued them two citations after the shooting.

The case was turned over to the Independent Police Review Authority.

Why would he need to have a gun?

Au contraire

Va te faire foutre, voilą pourquoi.

phill4paul
05-20-2013, 10:25 PM

Well, who to believe here? I mean it's SUPPOSED to be on a leash. That dog was breaking the law. Regardless of what witnesses say. A block away? Do you know how fast dogs can run? Bleeding heart liberals. Your just lucky it wasn't your kid in danger from a 4 month (really, 4 month?) canine terrorist. /s

Anti Federalist
05-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Well, who to believe here? I mean it's SUPPOSED to be on a leash. That dog was breaking the law. Regardless of what witnesses say. A block away? Do you know how fast dogs can run? Bleeding heart liberals. Your just lucky it wasn't your kid in danger from a 4 month (really, 4 month?) canine terrorist. /s

Fear not Citizen, these scofflaws were brought up short.

The sergeant also met with the family who owned the dog. They say the sergeant issued them two citations after the shooting.

"Here's a couple "summons to appear".

"And be thankful the officer didn't shoot you."

"Have a nice day, asshole." - Officer Friendly

phill4paul
05-20-2013, 10:52 PM
"Here's a couple "summons to appear".

"And be thankful the officer didn't shoot you."

"Have a nice day, asshole." - Officer Friendly

Well, you know, you and your dog were breaking the law. If these charges weren't pressed then that would be like admitting we did something wrong. We have to put YOUR name out there in the press to show what a miscreant you are.

jclay2
05-20-2013, 11:32 PM
I freaking hate this city. Good thing I am moving out in July. This place is complete statist cop thug hell.

LibertyEagle
05-20-2013, 11:41 PM
If a non-cop did that, his butt would be in jail and rightly so. I'm sick of the double standard.

sailingaway
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
I like the comments. This police officer will not be popular.

bolil
05-21-2013, 12:56 AM
What else from this state of ill noise?

QuickZ06
05-21-2013, 01:33 AM
The puppy's, the puppy's, fear the puppy's!!!!! This is the War On Puppy's.

DamianTV
05-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Pop Quiz: Name two things that will prevent a burglar from breaking into your house.

#1: A Gun
#2: A Dog

Both are on the Govts shit list. Which makes me wonder, are they really trying to convince us that they are the ones protecting us, or are they just trying to make it easier for real criminals to break in to your house, kill you, steal your shit, and get away scott free while the asshole cops insist on only giving out speeding tickets and arresting pot smokers?

phill4paul
05-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Pop Quiz: Name two things that will prevent a burglar from breaking into your house.

Both are on the Govts shit list. Which makes me wonder, are they really trying to convince us that they are the ones protecting us, or are they just trying to make it easier for real criminals to break in to your house, kill you, steal your shit, and get away scott free while the asshole cops insist on only giving out speeding tickets and arresting pot smokers?

Hey now. There are some cops that will throw a RP supporter a bone. They're not all bad. Doncha know. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?415086-Police-officer-decided-not-to-traffic-write-ticket-because-of-Ron-Paul-sticker

cindy25
05-21-2013, 06:33 AM
why don't these stories cause more outrage? I noticed over and over when watching the tornado coverage people saying their dogs were safe, how important their dogs are etc

and yet the police are murdering dogs with impunity. only Judge Nap used to mention it. I am surprised no candidate has even brought this is as a reason to end the war on drugs.

tod evans
05-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Rot in hell copper...

Anti Federalist
05-21-2013, 06:43 AM
why don't these stories cause more outrage? I noticed over and over when watching the tornado coverage people saying their dogs were safe, how important their dogs are etc

and yet the police are murdering dogs with impunity. only Judge Nap used to mention it. I am surprised no candidate has even brought this is as a reason to end the war on drugs.

Because, in a national security/surveillance state, such as what we are living in, the enforcers are regarded, quite literally, as demi-gods, and harsh criticism of them is not tolerated.

Outside of a few bloggers, muckrakers and shit disturbers these cases are not even counted or chronicled for the most part.

That said, because of that pressure, there have been some media reports, some minor changes made in policy, some slight progress.

Dr.3D
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM

They are the real criminals. And yes, they are trying to make it easier for them to break into your house.

AGRP
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Officer safety.

pcosmar
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
A puppy does not "charge" at you. A puppy runs up to play.

sick of this shit

chudrockz
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
I have to wonder, when it says the dog "charged at" someone, was it charging, or was it trotting over to say "hello"? I mean, my dog charges around all over the place, but she's NEVER violent. *I* might be if the occasion warrants, however.

asurfaholic
05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Hero cop.

Deserves a medal.

pcosmar
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Hero cop.

Deserves a medal.

I feel sorry for his kid. Terrorized and traumatized till it is old enough to get away.

AGRP
05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Hero cop.

Deserves a medal.

The community should arrange a medal ceremony for such bravery.

Root
05-21-2013, 10:42 AM
This makes my blood boil, every time.

paulbot24
05-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Cops and federal officials are also supposed to be on a leash called the Constitution......not relevant anymore, but for some reason sometimes it seems worth noting.

Philhelm
05-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Hero cop.

Deserves a medal.

Nail it to his flesh.

tod evans
05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Nail it to his flesh.

60D spikes...:mad:

Dr.3D
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
He needs something to remind him of his heroic deed.

Darguth
05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Tried writing a response but I just started ranting for like 6 paragraphs. This shit is disgusting. I'd honestly be shooting back.