PDA

View Full Version : Poll: More People Believe in Bigfoot Than Think Cannabis Users Should Be Arrested

dannno
05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2013/05/17/just-six-percent-of-americans-want-jail-time-for-pot-smokers/

More Americans believe in Bigfoot than believe someone found smoking marijuana or in possession of a small amount of marijuana should be sent to jail, a new poll reports.

Just six percent of Americans want jail time for minor pot offenses, according to a new poll
By comparison, a recent poll by Public Policy Polling showed that 14 percent of Americans believe in the mythic upright-walking North American ape Sasquatch, aka Bigfoot. And 51 percent of Americans believe John F. Kennedy’s assassination was part of a bigger conspiracy, Princeton Survey Research Associates reports.

ninepointfive
05-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Progress!

dannno
05-20-2013, 10:17 AM
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. There's a large out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

AGRP
05-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but what if big foot smokes marijuana? Should big foot be jailed?

Michigan11
05-20-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure if I believe in Big Foot, but I believe in Cannabis. Sounds so strange using that term too. I've always just called it weed or smoke.

If you were to go buy a pack of smokes and instead say can I get a pack of nicotine, the smokes term sounds better. I believe weed should or could be called something different that doesn't distinguish it so much and would more readily be accepted by the mainstream, but hell what do I know.

ninepointfive
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure if I believe in Big Foot, but I believe in Cannabis. Sounds so strange using that term too. I've always just called it weed or smoke.

If you were to go buy a pack of smokes and instead say can I get a pack of nicotine, the smokes term sounds better. I believe weed should or could be called something different that doesn't distinguish it so much and would more readily be accepted by the mainstream, but hell what do I know.

I've been calling it cannabis, because its a term that hasn't been used in a derogatory manner, and isn't slang.

Michigan11
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I've been calling it cannabis, because its a term that hasn't been used in a derogatory manner, and isn't slang.

Yeah maybe it's better to call it cannibis. It's better than weed, but maybe its just me that I'm not a science type... It's something I've always thought about though. Like when I was around my girlfriend's family of recent, when out at a restaurant ordering a beer... they are very uptight people that are something else by the way but that's another story... I would start talking about the types of beers, and would say to the waitress "what kind of amber ales or lagers do you have?". Sort of a different way of saying "I want a damn beer now"

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
This is a dumb comparison, and a poorly written point.

I'm happy to see people are in favor of less boots on peoples' necks.

Michigan11
05-20-2013, 10:47 AM

I agree with the comparison, but I think many are loosening up to the "less boots on peoples' necks" because their sons and daughters, grandsons and grandaughters, neices, nephews are victims of this police state, as well as the DUI's. I mean victims of this system are so prevelant now it's amazing, and they are spreading the word within their families as witnesses to this. It's changing the perception of many of those that never thought much about these circumstances.

ninepointfive
05-20-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree with the comparison, but I think many are loosening up to the "less boots on peoples' necks" because their sons and daughters, grandsons and grandaughters, neices, nephews are victims of this police state, as well as the DUI's. I mean victims of this system are so prevelant now it's amazing, and they are spreading the word within their families as witnesses to this. It's changing the perception of many of those that never thought much about these circumstances.

Make progress in one freedom - lose them in another. Take Colorado for example.

Michigan11
05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Make progress in one freedom - lose them in another. Take Colorado for example.

Yep. It's a complicated matrix we are in. There are some that I know that are fence line walkers freedom/neocon that I like to test language and perceptions with, and I have concluded that some people are just never going to wake up, and that these types I will leave alone, but never trully give up on.

Yeah we get to smoke canabis yet gun regulations increase, one freedom increases while the protection of that and all other freedoms decreases. That is the matrix.

dannno
05-20-2013, 10:55 AM

Cannabis is the scientific, actual term. I don't mind weed at all, I use it all the time. Herb is also a good term. I'm not a huge fan of calling it 'dope', 'marijuana' or 'pot' tho sometimes my friends or I will refer to it as pot or marijuana in a sort of ironic way.

ninepointfive
05-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Cannabis is the scientific, actual term. I don't mind weed at all, I use it all the time. Herb is also a good term. I'm not a huge fan of calling it 'dope', 'marijuana' or 'pot' tho sometimes my friends or I will refer to it as pot or marijuana in a sort of ironic way.

Yep
Cannabis:

Indica
Sativa
Ruderalis

can't wait for GMO super strains. G13 won't even cut it anymore.

dannno
05-20-2013, 10:57 AM

Is it because you believe in bigfoot?

Michigan11
05-20-2013, 11:04 AM

Yeah I get the scientific terminology, I'm just talking about a good catch phrase that could get it's claws woven in to mainstream types, something freindly sounding as they require.

dannno
05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Hmm ganja is another one I like, but herb is probably the most benign sounding.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-20-2013, 03:23 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2vwwd28.png

Aratus
05-20-2013, 03:46 PM
actually there was a 10 foot tall hominid who lived long before the last Ice Age whose weight got up to 1000 pounds
that has left skeletal remains near the Himalayas in Asia and S.E Asia that fits the descriptions of the Yetis over time.

VoluntaryAmerican
05-20-2013, 04:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF91tolwLu4

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Is it because you believe in bigfoot?

Nah. I have no idea. I believe in the possibility of undiscovered/undocumented primates, just like I believe in the possibility of undiscovered alien civilizations, and the possibility of government conspiracies. I believe in the possibility of time travel, and the possibility of parallel universes. There's a whole shit-ton of things I don't know.

It would make more sense to say there's a correlation of the two, if people are getting more comfortable with possibilities where they have no personal experience. But comparing the two makes no sense unless you're going to track the comparison over time. I bet if you compare the two over time, they've been moving in the same direction. More people believe in bigfoot over time, and more people believe cannabis can be beneficial over time. The latter is proven imo, despite heavy propaganda and profiteering.

I don't even understand the relevance of my personal opinions on the existence of bigfoot. Why would you ask?

dannno
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Nah. I have no idea. I believe in the possibility of undiscovered/undocumented primates, just like I believe in the possibility of undiscovered alien civilizations, and the possibility of government conspiracies. I believe in the possibility of time travel, and the possibility of parallel universes. There's a whole shit-ton of things I don't know.

It would make more sense to say there's a correlation of the two, if people are getting more comfortable with possibilities where they have no personal experience. But comparing the two makes no sense unless you're going to track the comparison over time. I bet if you compare the two over time, they've been moving in the same direction. More people believe in bigfoot over time, and more people believe cannabis can be beneficial over time. The latter is proven imo, despite heavy propaganda and profiteering.

I don't even understand the relevance of my personal opinions on the existence of bigfoot. Why would you ask?

So you believe in the possibility of the existence of bigfoot, but if asked if you believed that bigfoot exists, you could not give a positive answer?

The people in this survey gave positive answers to the bigfoot question, more than twice as many than thought people should go to jail for possession of cannabis.

The reason it's a cool survey is that they are essentially saying that less people believe in the government propaganda of reefer madness than believe in bigfoot, for which there is very little to no evidence that it currently exists. It means their propaganda isn't working very well at all.

Christian Liberty
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Just not believing pot users should go to jail doesn't mean you believe pot should be legal, for the record. This, however, is still exciting.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
So you believe in the possibility of the existence of bigfoot, but if asked if you believed that bigfoot exists, you could not give a positive answer?

Yep. I'm fairly aware of what I don't know. Most people are not.

The people in this survey gave positive answers to the bigfoot question, more than twice as many than thought people should go to jail for possession of cannabis.

The reason it's a cool survey is that they are essentially saying that less people believe in the government propaganda of reefer madness than believe in bigfoot, for which there is very little to no evidence that it currently exists. It means their propaganda isn't working very well at all.

There's some evidence for bigfoot. It's a lame comparison because there is way more evidence that cannabis use is beneficial, or that cannabis users don't present a threat to anyone or anything besides drug company and police state profits. Their propaganda has worked wonderfully for many years. Compare the amount of bigfoot witnesses to the amount of witnesses (and studies) for beneficial cannabis use. This should be a 100-1 comparison, if anything. You say the propaganda isn't working, but this seems to say it has worked quite well.

oyarde
05-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I believe in Liberty , Gigantopithecus, Bigfoot, JFK conspiracy , and that people should not be jailed for cannabis . I like rainbows , fishing :)Where does this put me in the demographic ?

damiengwa
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
There's actually a speck, and only a speck of evidence that a Big-Foot like creature may be out there. Read about the whole black swan thing.