PDA

View Full Version : Did media ever report who was behind fake tweet that crashed US markets?

enhanced_deficit
05-19-2013, 03:16 PM
With all the hitech computers, US has to be able to find out who was behind fake tweet couple of days after Boston Marathon Bombing about Bombing at White House/Obama being injured that instantly caused over 100 points drop in Dow. Was it ever reported?

Carson
05-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah!??

Good thinking enhanced_deficit.

Carson
05-19-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm not seeing anything new.

White House officials were unimpressed. An AP reporter apologized for the Twitter hacking at the start of the daily White House press briefing, saying the tweet had been deleted as soon as it was discovered. A stoney-faced Jay Carney, Obama's personal spokesman, thanked the reporter but did not look amused. "The president is fine. I was just with him," added Carney.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/apr/23/ap-tweet-hack-wall-street-freefall

Carson
05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Maybe?

Who would your guess be who is calling themselves the Syrian Electronic Army right now?

At The Onion it’s all fun and games, except when the company’s Twitter account gets hacked.

This week, after the parody site became the latest publication to have its Twitter account hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army, The Onion took a more serious note, explaining in a detailed blog post how the company’s account was hacked, and warning others how to avoid the exploit.

In the blog post, Onion engineers explained that the company’s Twitter account was hacked using a basic phishing exploit, where a false e-mail redirected people to a fake Web site which then asked for Google Apps credentials.

“At least one Onion employee fell for this phase of the phishing attack,” the company said.

Snip...

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/details-emerge-about-syrian-electronic-armys-recent-exploits/

Warlord
05-19-2013, 04:05 PM
With all the hitech computers, US has to be able to find out who was behind fake tweet couple of days after Boston Marathon Bombing about Bombing at White House/Obama being injured that instantly caused over 100 points drop in Dow. Was it ever reported?

It was carried out by forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2013, 04:09 PM
What I don't get is why that tweet almost crashed the DOW.

I would have thought it would send it into orbit...

-t

enhanced_deficit
05-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Maybe?

Who would your guess be who is calling themselves the Syrian Electronic Army right now?

[QUOTE=Warlord;5032691]It was carried out by forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad

I had no idea who was behind it, I assume you are going by claims made by so called SEA.

Was wondering if team Obama actually investigated and found out who was behind it. Looks like answers is no or answer was kept from public.

enhanced_deficit
02-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Still no update in MSM.