PDA

View Full Version : Mitch McConnell Defends Obama Administration On AP Scandal

Lucille
05-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Of course the despicable GOP utterly fails to capitalize on Obama's worst scandal (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/will-obamas-scandals-change-attitudes-toward-government/):

Ironically, this scandal is by far the most compelling example of what “a growing and activist government” might wreak—yet it also appears to be the scandal in which the GOP has the least interest. It most threatens Obama precisely because it is not tainted by partisan grandstanding. It is a scandal on its face and required no trumpeting from congressional zealots in order to enter the mainstream discourse.

Mitch McConnell Defends Obama Administration On AP Scandal
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/19/mitch-mcconnell-ap-scandal_n_3302856.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

WASHINGTON -- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Sunday appeared to defend the Obama administration's controversial leak investigation into the Associated Press -- an inquiry that sparked outrage after the Department of Justice subpoenaed personal and work telephone records for at least 20 of the news organization's reporters and editors.

The AP has openly questioned the legality of DOJ's actions, and civil liberties advocates have decried them as a violation of the First Amendment right to a free press.

But during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press," McConnell declined to attack the administration over the issue.

"Actually, I do think these national security leaks are very important and it looks to me like this is an investigation that needs to happen because national security leaks, of course, can get our agents overseas killed," McConnell said...

Warlord
05-19-2013, 03:14 PM
They prefer to hammer on about talking points.

Seriously stupid.

If they wanted to bring him down and claim Holder as a scalp they should hammer the AP records and the gun running operations. But ironically the GOP are happy with those policies.

Just goes to show you they haven't changed and won't change. Obama is a continuation of Bush and they're fine with that.

They've even managed to shut the likes of Amash up. Only Rand is asking the pertinent questions and would put a stop to what's happening.

James Madison
05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
"Actually, I do think these national security leaks are very important and it looks to me like this is an investigation that needs to happen because national security leaks, of course, can get our agents overseas killed," McConnell said...

Screw you, mundanes. So what if the IRS steals your money, eviscerates the Bill of Rights, and destroys the country? Investigations like these could put servants of the state at risk! Just-us.

Warlord
05-19-2013, 03:19 PM
What stops Obama from labeling what the IRS is doing part of "national security" and sealing all the records and gagging everyone? Would McConnell be fine with that? Would he then muster some outrage?

UpperDecker
05-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I must love the punishment, because I can't seem to not look at HuffPo comments. Funny how people are defending the administration on this because it "keeps us safe." Never mind what they would have been saying about this under a Republican president.

Cap
05-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I wonder where Benton fits into this?

Sola_Fide
05-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I wonder where Benton fits into this?

Probably not in a good place.

Warlord
05-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Benton just takes orders he has no say on policy.

You don't think they're that stupid do you?

The establishment is fully in control of Mitch. Benton's just a hired gun to get him through re-election.

Cap
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Benton just takes orders he has no say on policy.

You don't think they're that stupid do you?

The establishment is fully in control of Mitch. Benton's just a hired gun to get him through re-election.Well then, I hope he's happy with his career choice. /s

sailingaway
05-19-2013, 04:07 PM
of course he does. He's all for the police state. The party establishments are no different from eachother on matters like this.

surf
05-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Well then, I hope he's happy with his career choice. /s
+ rep. at some point it has to be asked "at what cost," or "am I comfortable profiting from this" (or, if you use warlord's hired-gun view, he's just a drone pilot). it's like holding haliburton or goldman stock - you may be able to justify it but it's just wrong.

NIU Students for Liberty
05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
But I thought McConnell was coming around :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

liberty2897
05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Screw you, mundanes. So what if the IRS steals your money, eviscerates the Bill of Rights, and destroys the country? Investigations like these could put servants of the state at risk! Just-us.

We must protect those secrets... (matters of national security).

Warlord
05-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Sanford spoke about the AP seizure on Piers Morgan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8F8P-1Plw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8F8P-1Plw

Good to see him wasting no time in hitting the media and going off the McConnell script.