PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Finally Stumbles Onto the Truth!!!

AuH20
05-19-2013, 12:07 PM
College is a scam!!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/2013/05/19/bloomberg-skip-college-and-become-plumbers-n1600608

The people who are going to have the biggest problem are college graduates who aren’t rocket scientists, if you will, not at the top of their class. Compare a plumber to going to Harvard College — being a plumber, actually for the average person, probably would be a better deal. You don’t spend ... four years spending $40,000, $50,000 in tuition without earning income.

Cleaner44
05-19-2013, 12:35 PM
I notice the author of the article is outraged at this blatant truth being spoken. It is critical that Americans start off their adult lives learning how to engage in the cycle of debt. Acquire college debt, get a car loan, take on a mortgage, work for wages that never allow you to get out of debt and build wealth. Whatever you do, don't think outside of the predefined box that has been crafted for you.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-19-2013, 12:38 PM
i went through college without taking a loan

angelatc
05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
i went through college without taking a loan

Me too, but things have changed. Easy government money has driven prices sky-high. And while I started paying out of pocket, I found an employer who paid tuition.

Anti Federalist
05-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Well, whaddya know, I actually agree with Doomberg.

Hell must have frozen last night.

thoughtomator
05-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I was telling people this twenty years ago

LibForestPaul
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Me too, but things have changed. Easy government money has driven prices sky-high. And while I started paying out of pocket, I found an employer who paid tuition.

My god, and how. even community colleges and state colleges...

DamianTV
05-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I notice the author of the article is outraged at this blatant truth being spoken. It is critical that Americans start off their adult lives learning how to engage in the cycle of debt. Acquire college debt, get a car loan, take on a mortgage, work for wages that never allow you to get out of debt and build wealth. Whatever you do, don't think outside of the predefined box that has been crafted for you.

Excatly. Think what you are told to think, which is usually Debt is Wealth and Slavery is Freedom.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I was telling people this twenty years ago

Well, that's what you get for understanding opportunity cost. :D

BAllen
05-19-2013, 06:05 PM

True! Like medical costs went up after government and insurance began paying them.
On the other hand, from a Liberty perspective, they are charging what people are willing to pay. If the students are too stupid to do the math, whose fault is that? Now, they don't have enough students, so they will have to drop prices, and cut their budgets.

angelatc
05-19-2013, 06:12 PM
True! Like medical costs went up after government and insurance began paying them.
On the other hand, from a Liberty perspective, they are charging what people are willing to pay. If the students are too stupid to do the math, whose fault is that? Now, they don't have enough students, so they will have to drop prices, and cut their budgets.

Yes, I am not lobbying for student loan forgiveness, but it's intellectually dishonest to pretend that the price of tuition hasn't gone up faster than wages.

Henry Rogue
05-19-2013, 06:18 PM
I was telling people this twenty years ago Thirty years ago you didn't need to tell people this, it was common knowledge.

ClydeCoulter
05-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Thirty years ago you didn't need to tell people this, it was common knowledge.

Ah, but that was when people actually talked about things. As time went by and the TV became the teacher and baby sitter, having a serious conversation is difficult, face to face.