PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worth trying to elect in NC besides Brannon?

NationalAnarchist
05-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Is there anyone else worth trying to fight to get elected besides Greg Brannon? I already have his bumper sticker on my vehicle etc...hoping he comes my way! Just wondering if there is anyone else?

Smart3
05-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Not at the moment. Gunny might have some recruits for other offices.

NationalAnarchist
05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll keep an eye out...hopefully someone else will pop up in a local election.

FSP-Rebel
05-18-2013, 08:13 PM
U a delegate for the upcoming NCGOP state convention?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 08:20 PM
It would be nice if there were a good seat for BJ but he'd probably have to move. I wish he would.

I really like him.

Gunny is going for Vice Chair. I think he is waiting 2014 out which is kind of a shame because in presidential race years people tend to be more strapped.

lib3rtarian
05-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Is there anyone else worth trying to fight to get elected besides Greg Brannon? I already have his bumper sticker on my vehicle etc...hoping he comes my way! Just wondering if there is anyone else?

Hey man, you a delegate to the state convention? If so, you should come hang out with us. We are trying to get Jack Brosch elected as the chair and Glen Bradley as the Vice Chair. Brosch is not 100% liberty (he agrees with Ron Paul on everything but foreign policy) but he is a good ally.

CD12 Congressional seat just opened up with Mel Watt gone. We are trying to recruit someone for that. CD12 leadership is all RP supporters who were newly elected.

Which CD are you in? Can ya PM me? Let's hook up.

Bastiat's The Law
05-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Brannon is a once in a lifetime candidate.

compromise
05-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Walter Jones needs to be re-elected, but that should be fairly easy for him.

Warlord
05-19-2013, 03:46 AM
We need to find someone for Coble's seat in the 6th CD. He is 82 years old and will surely retire soon.

North Carolina's 6th congressional district is located in north central portion of the state and borders Virginia. As a result of reapportionment following the 2010 census, the district was shifted northward by the Redistricting Committee of the NC Senate. The 6th district includes portions of Guilford, Alamance, Durham, Granville, and Orange counties, and all of Caswell, Person, Rockingham, Surry, and Stokes counties.

Cook report: R+11

NationalAnarchist
05-19-2013, 06:47 AM
U a delegate for the upcoming NCGOP state convention?
No. Can I become one at this time?

FSP-Rebel
05-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Probably not but I'd still advise going to this state convention if for no other reason than a learning experience, plus hooking up with other liberty-minded people and networking with other conservatives. Some would find these events boring but I thoroughly enjoy going to all of mine up here in MI.

Warlord
05-19-2013, 10:12 AM
We need to find someone for NC's 6th district because Coble is seriously old.

lib3rtarian
05-19-2013, 10:59 AM

You can't become a delegate at this point because you didn't attend the precinct meetings in January. I will find out if you can come as an observer though. You will still have to pay something.

NationalAnarchist
05-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Alright let me know. When is it?

aclove
05-19-2013, 11:43 AM
No, it's way, way too late for that. You would have had to attend your precinct meeting back in February. Are you a registered Republican?

NationalAnarchist
05-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Not registered yet. I am friends with the local republican chair though. I have to go to court house tomorrow anyways I will register then.

Bastiat's The Law
05-19-2013, 04:32 PM
We need to find someone for Coble's seat in the 6th CD. He is 82 years old and will surely retire soon.

North Carolina's 6th congressional district is located in north central portion of the state and borders Virginia. As a result of reapportionment following the 2010 census, the district was shifted northward by the Redistricting Committee of the NC Senate. The 6th district includes portions of Guilford, Alamance, Durham, Granville, and Orange counties, and all of Caswell, Person, Rockingham, Surry, and Stokes counties.

Cook report: R+11
Nice find!

Adrock
05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
We need to find someone for NC's 6th district because Coble is seriously old.

His fundraising so far is non-existent. $4k in the last quarter. I think the retirement may be coming soon.

TaftFan
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Support Rep. Walter B. Jones of course. And Gunny for NCGOP Vice-Chair. But I don't know of any new candidates for elected office.

aclove
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
This year the only elections are municipal elections. Most candidates for higher office won't announce until this fall or after November. Brannon got a big head start because he needs every minute between now and November 2014 to raise his name recognition and (hopefully) get the Tea Party people to emotionally invest in him. Unfortunately, a lot of the hard-core social cons for whom gay marriage is their number 1 issue have already decided he's the "Ron Paul" candidate because Liberty people are promoting him. They're trying to draft a Baptist minister from Charlotte to run.

I've spoken with Brannon recently. He told me he's already been in touch with the preacher they're trying to draft and found out that people were telling this guy that Brannon is an abortion doctor. He cleared up the guy's misconceptions, so hopefully that'll head that off. We'll have to see, though.