View Full Version : Kokesh Arrested

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEyoLaWMDB0

Mod edit:

Originally Posted by JK/SEA
From a facebook post:

''If you are trying to call to inquire about Adam's status at the Federal facility in Pennsylvania - you need to have his inmate ID number, or you will wait on hold forever, and then they will not talk to you. The number is: 215-521-4000 (wait a few seconds, then press 0). They will ask for his inmate ID, which is 69371-066. If you don't have that number, they will refer you to the WRONG website to obtain it. It is a stalling mechanism.''

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 03:18 PM
so whats the story? I watched it. When did it happen? What are charges? Why does the crowd just let the police arrest him?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 03:21 PM
so whats the story? I watched it. When did it happen? What are charges? Why does the crowd just let the police arrest him?

That's what happened when Brent Stafford was arrested just because he was regrouping the improperly ejected MO caucus as well. They go for the guy leading. Whatever comes next will have less media than what was being planned, and less of a head of steam, they hope.

At least I presume that is their reasoning.

compromise
05-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I think most of us knew it would happen at some point.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 03:24 PM

I believe it happened ten minutes ago at a weed rally. I have no other details.

fr33
05-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Well sure because a lot of us have been arrested at some point. It's always bound to happen.

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 03:26 PM

I did as well, but that doesn't make it right. I am just wondering what was going on out there, I cant find any info on it ATM...

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 03:29 PM
I learned about it on Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/kennethlipp

The guy who tweeted it was at the rally and uploaded the video, I think.

Lucille
05-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Earlier:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/604175_10151401868236260_1128360412_n.jpg

Who doesn’t want to own themselves (https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/335862359182692352)? Who doesn’t want to be free? Who doesn’t want to meet their fellow human beings with the love, faith, and respect that is essential to maintaining a free society? Government is this vestigial organ of social violence soon to be amputated and cast aside as the useless, horrid, puss-filled leach that it is.

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2013, 03:45 PM
So he got arrested for smoking weed?

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Your mileage may vary but I didn't see him smoking anything, and I did see others smoking something.

fr33
05-18-2013, 03:52 PM
I imagine they probably witnessed him smoking weed at some point then swooped in right when he was speaking.

Christian Liberty
05-18-2013, 03:54 PM
What did he do?

Root
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty sure NJWeedman was in the front row smoking.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 03:58 PM
He may not have even smoked anything; they can probably invent some charge just to make an example of him, like conspiracy to incite freedom while respectably dressed.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Adam has been arrested and is in jail in Philly... I can personally testify that he hadn't even smoked yet... everyone please phone bomb the philly police and jail phone lines and demand adam be released amd able to make contact with us... other protesters were actually smoking and released after arrest but adam was taken away in a white chevy suburban... phone bomb them now!!! --- Brother Lucas

https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10151402203186260

ETA: feds love their suburbans

Aratus
05-18-2013, 04:13 PM

I am trying not to ask too many questions myself... but if I had to guess...

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NTHBC6JOc4M#!

Looks like they targeted him specifically. A preemptive arrest perhaps.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Cointel Kokesh arrested? I'm okay with that :).

Aratus
05-18-2013, 04:15 PM
his 2nd amendment gun totin' rally for good ole d.c must have the feds swarming all over him.
even parading around on july 3rd with some toy waterpistols an' the like has the feds very edgy.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 04:18 PM
What did he do?

He spoke up. :(

Barrex
05-18-2013, 04:21 PM

If that wasnt a joke.... then you are very scary person.

So since it is weekend he will probably be there till Monday.?!

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 04:24 PM
If that wasnt a joke.... they you are very scary person.

So since it is weekend he will probably be there till Monday.?!
Yes, he will see the judge Monday.

And something tells me Patriotone is not joking. You have to be a real bitch to wish anyone jail. Hopefully Adam is out as soon as possible.

Peace&Freedom
05-18-2013, 04:31 PM

The fact that he was arrested is straightforward evidence that he is not Cointelpro. Real provocateurs (whom I have witnessed in person at NY marijuana rallies) always set other people up for arrest, while the authorities give the provocateurs a pass.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 04:35 PM
And something tells me Patriotone is not joking. You have to be a real bitch to wish anyone jail. Hopefully Adam is out as soon as possible.

He was asking for it. Why would I feel sorry for him? He knew he was going to be arrested. Now we are all suppose to get up in arms about it? That's dumb.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 04:37 PM
so... they think they found some stems and weed seeds in the hip pocket on his blue jeans?
as in one hundredth of an ounce thereto of? also a few zigzag sheets? methinks if there is
any justification or truth to the basic charge? bill clinton once proved you can get stoned
on someone else's hashish smoke if you strategically position yourself inside a hippie group.

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 04:38 PM
He was asking for it. Why would I feel sorry for him? He knew he was going to be arrested. Now we are all suppose to get up in arms about it? That's dumb.

Wait, when did he ask for it? Is standing up and telling people to stand up for their freedom considered asking for arrest? Do you wish imprisonment on everyone who is actually willing to stand up against the oppressive state?

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 04:38 PM
The fact that he was arrested is straightforward evidence that he is not Cointelpro. Real provocateurs (whom I have witnessed in person at NY marijuana rallies) always set other people up for arrest, while the authorities give the provocateurs a pass.

Not really. Cointel pro doesn't always work for the police department. They might not know a damn thing about Adam. Now if he ends up with a long prison sentence then you might have a case.

green73
05-18-2013, 04:40 PM

MLK was asking for it too I suppose.

green73
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Not really. Cointel pro doesn't always work for the police department. They might not know a damn thing about Adam. Now if he ends up with a long prison sentence then you might have a case.

What makes you think he's Cointel?

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Wait, when did he ask for it? Is standing up and telling people to stand up for their freedom considered asking for arrest? Do you wish imprisonment on everyone who is actually willing to stand up against the oppressive state?

They were committing an illegal act by smoking weed (whether you agree with the law or not doesn't matter). I don't know if Kokesh was smoking at the time but he seemed to be one who was leading the activities since he had the microphone.

So yeah. Wouldn't you expect to get arrested if you lit up a joint in front of the police where it is illegal? I would. Unless Kokesh is retarded, he expected it also.

TheTexan
05-18-2013, 04:48 PM
What makes you think he's Cointel?

Because he disagrees with Adam's methods and therefore he must be cointel

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 04:54 PM
They were committing an illegal act by smoking weed

They weren't arrested.
And "they" have been having "Smoke downs" regularly.

And by the accounts of several witnesses Adam was not smoking.

he was targeted and dragged out of the crowd.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 04:56 PM
They were committing an illegal act by smoking weed (whether you agree with the law or not doesn't matter). I don't know if Kokesh was smoking at the time but he seemed to be one who was leading the activities since he had the microphone.

So yeah. Wouldn't you expect to get arrested if you lit up a joint in front of the police where it is illegal? I would. Unless Kokesh is retarded, he expected it also.

Anyone with a microphone is COINTEL and should be seized by the government? Just to make sure I understand your reasoning?

Keith and stuff
05-18-2013, 04:59 PM
If he smoked weed in front of a cop then he is a known drug user and federally banned from having a gun.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:03 PM
he'll be kept in custody till 7/6.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NTHBC6JOc4M#!

Looks like they targeted him specifically. A preemptive arrest perhaps.

I'm sure this is about march on washington not weed. They know arresting him on the march would get much bigger headlines and automatic conservative support from huge factions, even those who are law and order types, typically. Weed is less sympathetic.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 05:05 PM
he was targeted and dragged out of the crowd.

Of course he was. He had JUST walked off stage. He was up on stage next to the speaker inciting the dumbasses to light up joints illegally seconds before he was arrested. He made a target of himself. Can't believe people are shocked about Kokesh being arrested....lol.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:07 PM
If he smoked weed in front of a cop then he is a known drug user and federally banned from having a gun.

someone posted on facebook that as a fact he hadn't smoked that day. Obviously, not having been there myself....

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
On his Fedbook page:

Adam has been arrested and is in jail in Philly... I can personally testify that he hadn't even smoked yet... everyone please phone bomb the philly police and jail phone lines and demand adam be released amd able to make contact with us... other protesters were actually smoking and released after arrest but adam was taken away in a white chevy suburban... phone bomb them now!!! --- Brother Lucas

And then about a hundred comments asking for the phone number. (Duh, Lucas! LOL) Here are some of the phone #s given by others:

215-686-8686
215-686-3280 Non-emergency
215-686-3007 9th district (?)
215-686-1234 "Rotary"

https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10151402203186260

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Of course he was. He had JUST walked off stage. He was up on stage next to the speaker inciting the dumbasses to light up joints illegally seconds before he was arrested. He made a target of himself. Can't believe people are shocked about Kokesh being arrested....lol.

being arrested for standing on stage next to someone is a new criminal charge I hadn't seen on the books before.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM

they are on the verge of saying it was some high quality hashish
he was "bogarting" rather than the local marijuana that has only
a bit more THC than wild hemp plants? he just might have to be
moneybomb liberated by us on France's Bastille Day at this rate!

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Anyone with a microphone is COINTEL and should be seized by the government? Just to make sure I understand your reasoning?

Yeah...that's exactly what I said. You win a prize. Here's your T-shirt.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2v0ieev.jpg

Barrex
05-18-2013, 05:10 PM

No one is shocked that he is arrested. People, well most of us, are not happy because he is arrested. Another human being that didnt hurt anyone or anything is thrown in cage and people (at least few of us) are shocked that you "are ok with that.:D"...yes you are ok with that with a smiley.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 05:10 PM

So standing next to someone "inciting" people to smoke weed makes him COINTEL and should be seized by the gov. Alrighty then.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 05:11 PM
being arrested for standing on stage next to someone is a new criminal charge I hadn't seen on the books before.

Yeah...that's what happened. You win a prize also.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Reminder: attacks are against TOS.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Looks like someone is trying to make Kokesh a martyr. Works for me.

Damn..i live in the Pacific Northwest. Its a long way to DC via car. Thats the only reason i haven't committed to going to the gun rally....i got one foot inside the car door now...

better-dead-than-fed
Might want to put the videos on P2P before police come to your homes and confiscate your copies.

PatriotOne
No one is shocked that he is arrested. People, well most of us, are not happy because he is arrested. Another human being that didnt hurt anyone or anything is thrown in cage and people (at least few of us) are shocked that you "are ok with that.:D"...yes you are ok with that with a smiley.

I'm not okay with people who smoke pot being thrown in jail unless they are a bunch of dumbasses being useful idiots for cointel pro. Kokesh is cointel pro and not a dumbass so I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm not okay with people who smoke pot being thrown in jail unless they are a bunch of dumbasses being useful idiots for cointel pro. Kokesh is cointel pro and not a dumbass so I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

cointelpro?....thats your opinion. Nothing else.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Looks like someone is trying to make Kokesh a martyr. Works for me.

Damn..i live in the Pacific Northwest. Its a long way to DC via car. Thats the only reason i haven't committed to going to the gun rally....i got one foot inside the car door now...

Unfortunately it is on the wrong issue. Which is why they didn't want to make him a martyr on what I am sure is the real reason they were stalking him, the DC march.

Alex Jones said he was going on that. That would have been highly publicized. Wonder if AJ is still going?

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
This was the rally last month,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRLSSMZj0aw

Wasn't arrested then.
In fact from what I can find,, this was the Fifth one in Philly. And a good crowd of folks.
Police were not targeting the crowd of smokers.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately it is on the wrong issue. Which is why they didn't want to make him a martyr on what I am sure is the real reason they were stalking him, the DC march.

Alex Jones said he was going on that. That would have been highly publicized. Wonder if AJ is still going?

problem is, this 'arrest' is transparent. It will only serve to inflame sympathizers.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM

You really need a new shirt.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:21 PM
You really need a new shirt.

i thought stupid was spelled with 2 'O's'...?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
problem is, this 'arrest' is transparent. It will only serve to inflame sympathizers.

It will not serve to wake up those concerned with the 2d amendment and govt tyranny as an arrest on the DC march might have done, however.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:24 PM
It will not serve to wake up those concerned with the 2d amendment and govt tyranny as an arrest on the DC march might have done, however.

hard to say at this point. Keep an eye on the attendee count on facebook.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 05:24 PM
i thought stupid was spelled with 2 'O's'...?

it usually is, and sometimes there is the words I'M WITH preceding it...

Brian4Liberty
05-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Video from an earlier event:

http://youtu.be/axE83zcx6wY

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Video from an earlier event:

http://youtu.be/axE83zcx6wY
404 not found.

I posted one from last month.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 05:31 PM
according to a post on facebook, he's been released.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM

I think that's disinformation. I'm seeing posts on Kokesh's page (from other people) saying he was/is being taken to a Federal detention center for not having any ID on him. Here is a post from a few minutes ago:

reliable vetted info from a reliable source Nathan Cox:
LISTEN UP FOLKS, Adam Kokesh friends, family and supporters.
Adam Kokesh of AdamVsTheMan has been taken captive NOT by the Philly Police but by Federal PARK POLICE. I just spoke with a woman in the Park Police (215-597-7077) who spoke with her supervisor for me.
Her supervisor said that the Park Police have taken him to 401 NORTH 21st Street which is the 9th District. They do NOT have Positive ID on him right now and if they can't get positive ID within the next 30-45 minutes they will be taking him to a near by FEDERAL DETENTION Center.
I was told that if people go to that location they MIGHT be able to help get him out (possibly by ID'ing him.. IDK)

So the 9th District's # is: 215-686-3090
If you are on the ground up there you need to SURROUND that building IMMEDIATELY.
MELT the phone lines.

No idea how accurate this is, just passing it along.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 05:39 PM
I think that's disinformation. I'm seeing posts on Kokesh's page (from other people) saying he was/is being taken to a Federal detention center for not having any ID on him. Here is a post from a few minutes ago:

No idea how accurate this is, just passing it along.

federal makes more sense if it is really about the march.

Brian4Liberty
05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Looks like FEMA camp or Guantanamo for Adam...

Barrex
05-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Dave Dutro Hey I got his bail money right here someone help me I have called every number and THE PIGS WON'T TELL ME ANYTHING THEY ARE HDING HIM IN THEIR SYSTEM AND REFUSING TO GIVE OUT PUBLIC INFOMATION. SOMEONE FROM KOKESHS STAFF HIT ME UP

2 characters tyranny.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 05:46 PM

Not that I can tell.
But this just posted at Live Leak.

reliable vetted info from a reliable source Nathan Cox:
LISTEN UP FOLKS, Adam Kokesh friends, family and supporters.
Adam Kokesh of AdamVsTheMan has been taken captive NOT by the Philly Police but by Federal PARK POLICE. I just spoke with a woman in the Park Police (215-597-7077) who spoke with her supervisor for me.
Her supervisor said that the Park Police have taken him to 401 NORTH 21st Street which is the 9th District. They do NOT have Positive ID on him right now and if they can't get positive ID within the next 30-45 minutes they will be taking him to a near by FEDERAL DETENTION Center.
I was told that if people go to that location they MIGHT be able to help get him out (possibly by ID'ing him.. IDK)

Uriel999
05-18-2013, 05:51 PM
well golly gee....just a couple months before his planned wave making protest in DC!

Aratus
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
the national PARK service nabbed him for the wacky toe-backie weed he sometimes smokes becuz the smell lingers on cloth?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 05:55 PM
we may have to get him identified and bailed out before they ship him to a lil camp on the big denali park that is near mt. mckinley

Brian4Liberty
05-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Very possible that they want to get him now, so that they can threaten him with severe penalties for future protests. Setting the precedence to call him a repeat offender later.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Very possible that they want to get him now, so that they can threaten him with severe penalties for future protests. Setting the precedence to call him a repeat offender later.
As i recall, he has been arrested before,, for speaking against the war, and for dancing in public.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 06:03 PM
This is not about me.... If anything should happen to me... it will be of no consequence.... If I were to die tomorrow, someone else will take my place on Independence Day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3NT9hSRBQ&feature=youtu.be&a

pcosmar
Don't worry everyone. Adam will be quite popular and probably get special privileges in prison.

Someone as ignorant as you should not even talk about prison,, or anything you know nothing about.

silverhandorder
Whats your problem? Don't like him? Go make your own thread about it and get ignored as you should be. Fucking crazy conspiracy nut troll.

satchelmcqueen
THIS is what i think also. they got him. they may have stamped out the march on the 4th. but who says it wont happen afterwards?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:06 PM
agreed

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 06:06 PM
THIS is what i think also. they got him. they may have stamped out the march on the 4th. but who says it wont happen afterwards?

Who says it won't happen anyway. He is not the only believer in the 2nd Amendment.

This may even bring more.

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Who says it won't happen anyway. He is not the only believer in the 2nd Amendment.

A smarter way would be just to wait until the release him and do it then. Will make this tactic obsolete.

Professor8000
05-18-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that Adam's attendance will not effect the march. His captivity will likely increase its popularity.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 06:17 PM
The march will still happen without him. And I think it would be better to have it happen on the 4th with or without him, to show them this tactic won't work.

I called again, and this time informed them of who I am -- a freelance writer for the Los Angeles Times who covers Constitutional law issues and government abuses of Constitutional rights -- and I'm trying to get some information for a story I'm working on about the arrest of protester Adam Kokesh... *click* Hung up on me as soon as I said his name.

I called back, and got a busy signal for a long time, then finally got through to a different officer who told me "I can't give you any information, that's his private business, and if you want to know you need to speak with him after we release him. So please stop calling." Then he hung up. Called right back and got the same guy, and he did not want to give me a statement on behalf of the department or direct me to anyone who could.

I hope they realize that arresting him is kind of like when Obi Wan said to Vader, "If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful."

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:18 PM
this all has alex jones marching by his lonesome as he is surrounded by the other marchers

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Impressed by the eloquence of Kokesh's detractor.

Working Poor
05-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't worry everyone. Adam will be quite popular and probably get special privileges in prison.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2yvkzvd.jpg

wtf is this a picture of?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:21 PM
i am not sure if its

photoshopped and smutty

or just simply smutty

wizardwatson
05-18-2013, 06:23 PM
I hope they realize that arresting him is kind of like when Obi Wan said to Vader, "If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful."

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

If they shot Ghandi and Martin Luther King and nobody did jack, I doubt the liberty movement in it's current state would have more than a fraction of a second blink before it clicked "new posts".

Kokesh is an almost nobody and my opinion is that most of the people rooting for him are the same kinds of people who watch nascar to see tons of steel hurled into the audience.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 06:24 PM
i am not sure if its

photoshopped and smutty

or just simply smutty

Adam posted it on his own facebook page soooooooooo..........

https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/photos_stream

I just added the gay pornstar part of course.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:27 PM
if this thread goes into Hot Topics, could we send the rude one from today also into Hot Topics
where I opinion how gay J.Edgar actually was? its the "macbird" bisexual LBJ one... given that
the second thread about the HISTORY CHANNEL has less said in it about poor potus JFK's death...
and Warlord tends to prefer it over the 11 a.m one with the same short video. PatriotOne is not
fond of Adam Kokesh's bold attempts at activism, Pat1 thinks Adam is hiding a salary from our IRS.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 06:28 PM

It would if it hit media as 'guy who had highly publicized second amendment march on DC planned arrested to forestall event' rather than 'guy arrested at weed rally'.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 06:30 PM
PatriotOne is not
fond of Adam Kokesh's bold attempts at activism, he thinks Adam is hiding a salary from our IRS.

The IRS? I never said that.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:32 PM
dude... be logical... all agent provocateurs
who have to travel about domestically should
file tax returns if having big wads of money

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Your right. I feel really bad now. Let me help. Feel free to print up hundreds of these posters and go march against Kokesh getting arrested intentionally.

Dude, that's actually his own bicep and forearm. It's not porn. (Sorry to disappoint you.)

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
It would if it hit media as 'guy who had highly publicized second amendment march on DC planned arrested to forestall event' rather than 'guy arrested at weed rally'.

In case it is lost on anyone,, weed is becoming mainstream. Voters are voting to legalize it all across the country.

"Reefer Madness" is now largely recognized as a dumb joke.
it does not have the negative connotations it once did. Except for the truly authoritarian fascists. (methinks they are the minority)

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Haha I never seen someone with so much hate.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 06:34 PM
I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

If they shot Ghandi and Martin Luther King and nobody did jack, I doubt the liberty movement in it's current state would have more than a fraction of a second blink before it clicked "new posts".

Kokesh is an almost nobody and my opinion is that most of the people rooting for him are the same kinds of people who watch nascar to see tons of steel hurled into the audience.

No, my point was, if they are arresting him to try to suppress the march on the 4th, it's not going to work. It's only going to get more people riled up and involved even if he can't attend.

ETA: I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but this forum is but a small fraction of the "Liberty Movement" and some of the posters here are its least active observers and armchair commentators. (Speaking of which, I think you're overdue to hit that "new posts" button.)

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Hey! What happened to my Free the Gay Pornstar poster? How will people be able to protest Adam's arrest without it? Did you delete it SA? You at least have to admit he looks like a gay pornstar there and proud of it :p.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Haha I never seen someone with so much hate.

I have.. Foam and spittle spraying,, Raving like a lunatic.

not a pretty sight.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
if Adam has any illegal slush fund, whether from a PAC or "uncle sam"
gettin' the IRS to NOT look into the quasi~legal monies has to be carefully
done. if the national park service has a cesna fleet domestically akin to
cia's jets and cargo planes that are overseas, poor adam may be darn close
to mount McKinley in Alaska as we speak. I am serious about denali...

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Dude, that's actually his own bicep and forearm. It's not porn. (Sorry to disappoint you.)

No shit Sherlock. But it looks soooooooooooooooooo gay.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I have.. Foam and spittle spraying,, Raving like a lunatic.

not a pretty sight.

Actually I'm amused. Gotta admit it's kind of funny sometimes to see how some people are so easily fooled by cointel pro. Usually it worries me, today I am amused by it.

Barrex
05-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey! What happened to my Free the Gay Pornstar poster? How will people be able to protest Adam's arrest without it? Did you delete it SA? You at least have to admit he looks like a gay pornstar there and proud of it :p.

So it would be ok to post your picture, or picture of your daugther, with words WHORE OF BABYLON?

Do unto others....

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
In case it is lost on anyone,, weed is becoming mainstream. Voters are voting to legalize it all across the country.

"Reefer Madness" is now largely recognized as a dumb joke.
it does not have the negative connotations it once did. Except for the truly authoritarian fascists. (methinks they are the minority)

that isn't the point. There will be a lot more ACTIVE support for Adam if it is seen as forstalling the march. I would suggest it be put in those terms in comments and discussions.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
So it would be ok to post your picture, or picture of your daugther, with words WHORE OF BABYLON?

Do unto others....

Yeah. I'm trying to come up with a better reason to explain banning her than 'she offended my sense of basic decency to someone arrested in a fight for liberty.'. I'll let you know if I come up with one.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 06:45 PM
if Adam has any illegal slush fund, whether from a PAC or "uncle sam"
gettin' the IRS to NOT look into the quasi~legal monies has to be carefully
done. if the national park service has a cesna fleet domestically akin to
cia's jets and cargo planes that are overseas, poor adam may be darn close
to mount McKinley in Alaska as we speak. I am serious about denali...

I think the man has little money, and lives on what he makes.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I really doubt that Adam is on a gov't payroll...

he's NOT 1960s mockingbird era, he's just an

angry war vet. I can remember seeing the poor

vets who went to 'nam begging for a few dimes

and quarters on the streets of boston in the 80s.

pcosmar
05-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah. I'm trying to come up with a better reason to explain banning her than 'she offended my sense of basic decency to someone arrested in a fight for liberty.'. I'll let you know if I come up with one.

Insulting forum members.
And I did not flag it, but do find it offensive. I am neither Gay nor phobic. and have no idea of Adams inclination.
I have lived in Prison though,, and find the reference offensive.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
if I say I gave those poor guys some of my pocket change
when I was very unemployed and daily taking the subway
to the Copley Square public library, then you know why I
hope Adam has a better life than those poor vets the system
forgot after the wars end in 1975. I tried to be charitable...

wizardwatson
05-18-2013, 06:53 PM
ETA: I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but this forum is but a small fraction of the "Liberty Movement" and some of the posters here are its least active observers and armchair commentators. (Speaking of which, I think you're overdue to hit that "new posts" button.)

I think it's a good sample of the overall movement. And you only confirm my basic position by saying "active observer" and "armchair commentator" which is that the vast majority of participants are engaging in a spectator sport.

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 06:54 PM
I think it's a good sample of the overall movement. And you only confirm my basic position by saying "active observer" and "armchair commentator" which is that the vast majority of participants are engaging in a spectator sport.
Are you going to DC?

MelissaCato
05-18-2013, 06:56 PM
WTF is the latest ? I keep getting bounced around on the phones !!

Gezzzuz I'm not going to be able to sleep !!!

better-dead-than-fed
I have no problem with her being allowed to post here. If she comes up with any evidence to support her accusations against Kokesh, I'd like to see it. In the meantime, her tantrum seems inconsequential.

Aratus
maybe I might be in D.C in 2015 if I win a senate seat in up here in 2014

Aratus
05-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Are you going to DC?

hopefully by November of 2014... if I win a senate race up here...
I will be living some of the year NEAR d.c if I don't use Amtrak...

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
I have no problem with her being allowed to post here. If she comes up with any evidence to support her accusations against Kokesh, I'd like to see it. In the meantime, her tantrum seems inconsequential.

you expect gay porn star evidence? Because I think she made it up as the worst thing in her view she could think of to say.

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Forums is a spectator sport. Anyone that is not a spectator is out there doing something. And doing something does not mean politically.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:00 PM
j. edgar hoover was homosexual

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 07:01 PM
you expect gay porn star evidence? Because I think she made it up as the worst thing in her view she could think of to say.
Shows her immaturity.

If I ever took a post of hers seriously before, I don't now.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Julius Caesar promiscuously slept with more men and women than Augustus Caesar did.
he may even have been Augustus Caesar's biological father. Poor Adam is 100% straight.

fr33
05-18-2013, 07:02 PM

homophobe: check

police state supporter: check

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Julius Caesar also indulged himself in orgies better than did Augustus Caesar.
read either PLUTARCH or SUETONIUS. lil Gus was a Roman prude and killjoy.

wizardwatson
05-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Are you going to DC?

No because I think the strategy is horrible.

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh.

From your tone I assumed you were.

wizardwatson
05-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh.

From your tone I assumed you were.

It's ok.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I might be coaxed into going to either Baltimore or Richmond that day, but no further

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2013, 07:11 PM

What's wrong with exercising your human rights?

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:13 PM
The picture came from Adam's own Facebook. If he didn't want it seen, he wouldn't have posted it. So, if any of you have a problem with it, go tell Adam.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 07:14 PM

I don't expect her to come up with evidence, but I believe "the ultimate good desired is better reached by free trade in ideas — that the best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market". Just my personal opinion, but I've never moderated an internet forum.

WhistlinDave

Right, and my point was that a lot of folks who are kind of on the fence about whether to get involved in that march, might be driven off the fence and into action if they're pissed off about Adam getting arrested just for peaceably assembling in public. (Maybe Obi Wan and Vader was a little overblown in importance, but it was the first analogy that sprung to mind.)

PSYOP
I still think he's controlled OP

John F Kennedy III

I can't believe you're apologizing for tyranny.

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 07:18 PM
The picture came from Adam's own Facebook. If he didn't want it seen, he wouldn't have posted it. So, if any of you have a problem with it, go tell Adam.

I just have a problem with a hater attacking someone. You going to tell me he/she is not personally attacking Adam? I would ban him if it was my forum. But in reality just laughing at him and ignoring him works just as good. And this is what I will do to haters like that.

Peace&Freedom
05-18-2013, 07:19 PM
The march is a high risk strategy, for sure, as it can be exploited by provocateurs, so that means people should decide for themselves whether they will personally take that risk. But that doesn't mean it must be a cointelpro operation, just that it could be exploited by them.

Patriotone has demonstrated a willingness to sling around the term without ever defining a context or circumstance where it could be concretely proven, or disproven. Is there ANY point of evidence that the accuser would accept, that would FALSIFY their claim that Kokesh is cointelpro? If not, the claim is merely a belief system, not a reason-based position.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 07:24 PM

LOL If you were ever to visit So Cal you'd probably think 3/4 of the guys in any given beach town walking down the street were gay. Nobody wears shirts, people have flower patterns on their board shorts, some guys wear pink shirts, lots of us with long hair, guys wear the same kind of flip flops all the chicks wear, and some bros give each other hugs when they haven't seen each other in a while, and nobody here gives a rat's ass about any of it.

Sure the picture looks like a guy who maybe loves his own muscles a little too much, but so what?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:28 PM

It didn't come from his own facebook with the words 'gay porn star' on it.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:29 PM
sailingaway is very correct

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 07:29 PM
It's not normal for a person's arm to come out of his head, but that's not what the 2nd Amendment is all about.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:30 PM

Hhmmm.... if there is nothing wrong with being gay, why on earth would it be a horrible thing to imply that he was a gay porn star?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:30 PM
admittedly many of my puritan ancestors would have banned the photo anyway until told it was a male bicep

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:31 PM

True, but what is wrong with being gay?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Hhmmm.... if there is nothing wrong with being gay, why on earth would it be a horrible thing to imply that he was a gay porn star?

There is nothing wrong with being gay, if you ARE gay. But taking a picture and labeling it 'gay porn star' when the person is neither gay nor in porn at all, is wrong.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:33 PM
adam kokesh once ran for public office in new mexico
and he had some campaign literature made at that
time. sailingaway knows he might run again perhaps.
she is trying to keep the donkeysnark at bay here.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:34 PM

Now you are acting like that guy who used to be on here pretending he wasn't mocking religion when he professed the flying spaghetti monster was his deity and that he wasn't either mocking people who were religious. Disingenousness is not persuasive.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:35 PM
There is nothing wrong with being gay, if you ARE gay. But taking a picture and labeling it 'gay porn star' when the person is neither gay nor in porn at all, is wrong.

I'd hire that crack attorney, Richard Gilbert, to sue her. :p

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:35 PM
adam kokesh once ran for public office in new mexico
and he had some campaign literature made at that
time. sailingaway knows he might run again perhaps.
she is trying to keep the donkeysnark at bay here.

Clearly the intent of the person who chose that phrase was to make fun of him and smear him. That is bad both for those groups she was demonizing in making them the 'bad thing' and in making fun of and calling ridicule on someone just arrested pushing liberty. I think it is disgusting.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 07:36 PM

I'm starting to form a theory that ANY thread allowed to go on long enough will eventually turn into a gay thread, which proves that if the pandemic of homosexuality is allowed to go on unchecked, eventually the entire population of the earth will become gay and when some clumsy lab assistant knocks over the last table of test tubes and breaks them all, there will be no more reproduction and the entire human race will cease to exist.

The end.

(And that was all sarcasm, I should add. Except the part before the first comma.)

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:37 PM
besides... john kerry was once a very angry veteran after being on a riverboat in Vietnam and now he's our wise secretary of state.
adam kokesh could end up as a future secretary of defense if we get one of us here potus elected. time will tell. we all are about
to get the GOP nomination for rand paul before tagg romney comes of age and fulfills the white horse prophesy joseph smith made.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Now you are acting like that guy who used to be on here pretending he wasn't mocking religion when he professed the flying spaghetti monster was his deity and that he wasn't either mocking people who were religious. Disingenousness is not persuasive.

Is that kinda like when you claim to not hate Rand Paul but hum a tune when people twist his words and flat out lie about him in his own forum?

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:39 PM
It's you guys who have kept this going and turned it into a gay thread. lol

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Is that kinda like when you claim to not hate Rand Paul but hum a tune when people twist his words and flat out lie about him in his own forum?

you are throwing out one unrelated thing after another, I take it you aren't doing well with the actual topic of discussion.

If people don't report stuff in his forum I usually won't know about it. I don't hate him, but I don't really follow him closely, either.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Clearly the intent of the person who chose that phrase was to make fun of him and smear him.
That is bad both for those groups she was demonizing in making them the 'bad thing' and in
making fun of and calling ridicule on someone just arrested pushing liberty. I think it is disgusting.

I am agreeing with you... it was over the top and uncalled for. it makes it easier for a Democrat or neocon to defeat him.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:41 PM
I am agreeing with you... it was over the top and uncalled for. it makes it easier for a Democrat or neocon to defeat him.

Defeat him, how? Adam doesn't need anyone to "defeat him". He is doing a banner job all by himself.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:43 PM
i'd censor poor adam's bicep for the same reasons i'd censor many of the corndog photos from the iowa state fair I saw here.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
you are throwing out one unrelated thing after another, I take it you aren't doing well with the actual topic of discussion.
I was showing your hypocrisy, SailingAway. And as far as this discussion is going, if you look back through the posts to remind yourself, you will see that it is you who has been doing a banner job keeping the gay meme going.

If people don't report stuff in his forum I usually won't know about it. I don't hate him, but I don't really follow him closely, either.
Plenty of things have been flagged, but you just sit there twirling your thumbs.

wizardwatson
05-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Right, and my point was that a lot of folks who are kind of on the fence about whether to get involved in that march, might be driven off the fence and into action if they're pissed off about Adam getting arrested just for peaceably assembling in public. (Maybe Obi Wan and Vader was a little overblown in importance, but it was the first analogy that sprung to mind.)

I just don't like how this is being couched as civil disobedience when it's mostly popular because it's intimidation based. "Oh, we're just exercising our 2nd amendment rights." BS. It's not about this being the best way to solve 2nd amendment issues. It's about "let's see what they do".

So yes, I see your point in the sense that Kokesh is more of a martyr now that he's been arrested.

The difference I see is that instead of protesting peacefully and letting the police beat the crap out of them they are intentionally creating an explosive situation. It's cold war tactics it's not civil disobedience.

green73
05-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Me thinks Liberty Crow has had a bit too much sherry.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:47 PM
i'd censor poor adam's bicep for the same reasons i'd censor many of the corndog photos from the iowa state fair I saw here.

I agree. But, Adam also should be a bit wiser in what he posts on his own Facebook page too.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 07:49 PM
there is no 'gay meme', the topic was intentional smearing of someone being arrested, location unknown, fighting for liberty, whether in the precise way others would do so or not.

And regarding the other, I've responded to that and your view really doesn't concern me.

PatriotOne
05-18-2013, 07:51 PM

It didn't have to. It had gay porn star written all over it. I don't know if Adam is gay or not. Don't really care. No prob with gays here. Gay porn is disgusting as is all porn though. But ya all can't deny he sure took and posted a gay picture of himself :p. Compare a typical gay porn advertising picture.....cropped just for ya all...to Adam's pic.

http://i39.tinypic.com/34edhlj.jpg

and Adam's pic....

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 07:52 PM
there is no 'gay meme', the topic was intentional smearing of someone being arrested, location unknown, fighting for liberty, whether in the precise way others would do so or not.

And regarding the other, I've responded to that and your view really doesn't concern me.

I don't view what Adam did as "fighting for liberty" at all, anymore than I view people "fighting for liberty" by posting on an internet forum..

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Me thinks Liberty Crow has had a bit too much sherry.

duckie... don't attack Liberty Eagle. she'd agree with me that there is an absolutely smutty photograph
of rick perry eating a corndog at the height of his presidential ambitions that young 11 and 12 year olds
should not see on a public forum. the animation done with ms. bachmann's photo was a new low even
for these forums even though rick perry was one of the biggest thieves and honcho crony lovers in texas
history where his damage to the public treasury may have been greater than jack connolly & LBJ combined.
he was acting dignified in many of the public GOP debates even though he often did sound like a total dipshit.

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 07:57 PM
lol wut has this world come to

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't view what Adam did as "fighting for liberty" at all, anymore than I view people "fighting for liberty" by posting on an internet forum..

Yeah because dropping 100 million on Paul family is the ONLY way to "fight for liberty"?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 07:59 PM
PatriotOne... Adam's bicep is more patriotic than yours, mine or the male model's in that cropped photo

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I just don't like how this is being couched as civil disobedience when it's mostly popular because it's intimidation based. "Oh, we're just exercising our 2nd amendment rights." BS. It's not about this being the best way to solve 2nd amendment issues. It's about "let's see what they do".

So yes, I see your point in the sense that Kokesh is more of a martyr now that he's been arrested.

The difference I see is that instead of protesting peacefully and letting the police beat the crap out of them they are intentionally creating an explosive situation. It's cold war tactics it's not civil disobedience.

Well, it may be a potentially "explosive" situation and it may be deliberately stirring things up to see what happens, but I do think it fits the definition of civil disobedience pretty nicely.

The Second Amendment says our right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed." Yet there's a subordinate law that says "you cannot bear arms around here." Kokesh is saying, "I'm not going to obey that law because it's unjust. We're going to bear arms there whether you like it or not." And it may not solve anything instantly, but that's not the goal. The goal is to make a statement, and to hopefully draw attention to the issue, and possibly to expose government tyranny depending on how things go. I support the idea and the effort. Wish I could go myself, although I honestly don't know if I would have the balls to even if I could. (Have a family to support.) So I applaud those who do.

LibertyEagle
05-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah because dropping 100 million on Paul family is the ONLY way to "fight for liberty"?

No, it just requires doing something CONSTRUCTIVE.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Patriotone acts like Adam must have rejected her...hence the 'attitude',,,hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

angelatc
05-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Patriotone acts like Adam must have rejected her...hence the 'attitude',,,hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

*** hag.

fr33
05-18-2013, 08:06 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10151402433011260

Adam is locked up in a federal jail... he will go infront of a judge monday... he is being charged with resisting arrest... that us all I know - Lucas

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 08:06 PM
repeat: no attacking forum members.

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, it may be a potentially "explosive" situation and it may be deliberately stirring things up to see what happens, but I do think it fits the definition of civil disobedience pretty nicely.

The Second Amendment says our right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed." Yet there's a subordinate law that says "you cannot bear arms around here." Kokesh is saying, "I'm not going to obey that law because it's unjust. We're going to bear arms there whether you like it or not." And it may not solve anything instantly, but that's not the goal. The goal is to make a statement, and to hopefully draw attention to the issue, and possibly to expose government tyranny depending on how things go. I support the idea and the effort. Wish I could go myself, although I honestly don't know if I would have the balls to even if I could. (Have a family to support.) So I applaud those who do.

Must spread rep :/

I like how people say that Adam Kokesh's method of bringing attention to a major encroachment on our basic rights is flamed, but nobody can offer any better proactive ways of restoring those rights, or anything. Its actually entertaining...

It takes big balls to stand up in the face of tyranny.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 08:07 PM

I didn't notice any resisting. Was there resisting in any video anyone else saw? He has been arrested before and never resisted. Why would he this time?

fr33
05-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't notice any resisting. Was there resisting in any video anyone else saw? He has been arrested before and never resisted. Why would he this time?

It's just what pigs do. Videos are often posted of the pigs beating someone while saying "stop resisting".

WhistlinDave

He kept speaking into his microphone and resisted the cop's attempt to pry it from him, for a couple seconds. (Translation: Bullshit charges.)

better-dead-than-fed
It's just open-carry. If people perceive something wrong with that, there's something wrong with their perception.

sailingaway
I don't like calling police pigs. I saw a video recently of police beating a guy, apparently to death, and saying stop resisting. Pigs was not the term that came to mind.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 08:10 PM
He kept speaking into his microphone and resisted the cop's attempt to pry it from him, for a couple seconds. (Translation: Bullshit charges.)

that's resisting losing a microphone, not being arrested.

asurfaholic
It's just what pigs do. Videos are often posted of the pigs beating someone while saying "stop resisting".

Exactly.

But the better question is, if that is his only charge, then why was he being ARRESTED to BEGIN WITH?

And why in Fed lockup?

kcchiefs6465
Surprising. :rolleyes:

Probably an obstruction or disorderly in there as well.

I'll wait to see what his bond is set at. He should be able to get out relatively cheaply. A stipulation of his bond will probably restrict him from leaving the state.

Christian Liberty
Kokesh is a brave man. Good for him. I wish I had the guts.

Adam helps us to remember who the REAL criminals are, and it is NEVER the Libertarian.

silverhandorder
05-18-2013, 08:11 PM
No, it just requires doing something PRODUCTIVE.

Well how has your life changed by what liberty movement did politically(productively)? Did we lower taxes? Did we stop civil liberty infringements? Did we stop wars?

I did more for my self then liberty movement will do for me in 100 years.

IF all of us did that we wouldn't need a liberty movement.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 08:12 PM
if its a park service decision after an oval office call, I was only half joking about a covert flight to denali, which is a very big public park

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 08:13 PM
You're new around here aren't you?

Lol, seriously though, resisting is another one of those snare all fishnets they can throw on anyone at anytime. As a pig recently said, "I don't have to explain myself to you. Argue it in court."

RickyJ
05-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't like calling police pigs. I saw a video recently of police beating a guy, apparently to death, and saying stop resisting. Pigs was not the term that came to mind.

Right, the term "pigs" is an insult to pigs when referring to the cops who beat that man to death.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Right, the term "pigs" is an insult to pigs when referring to the cops who beat that man to death.

What I actually meant was there are good police and I don't like it as a catchall for an entire group of people. We aren't collectivist with other groups, why that one?

But in specific cases it isn't remotely descriptive of the true horror of police actions.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 08:16 PM

Adam is locked up in a federal jail... he will go infront of a judge monday... he is being charged with resisting arrest... that us all I know - Lucas

Resisting arrest... for what?

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 08:18 PM

It's called civil disobedience. MLK practiced it. Ron Paul endorses it. "Asking for it" is something else.

CPUd
05-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Exactly.

But the better question is, if that is his only charge, then why was he being ARRESTED to BEGIN WITH?

And why in Fed lockup?

If they were on a national park, it would be a federal charge. I know a kid who got pulled over driving around smoking weed. He was pulled over by park rangers and didn't realize the road he was on went through a national park. It was the first time I ever heard of someone going to federal court for a DUI.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 08:21 PM
this is like getting a "statie" totally POed rather than a small town cop

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 08:26 PM

Who's shocked? I don't think he should have been arrested, but it certainly doesn't surprise me.

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 08:29 PM
If they were on a national park, it would be a federal charge. I know a kid who got pulled over driving around smoking weed. He was pulled over by park rangers and didn't realize the road he was on went through a national park. It was the first time I ever heard of someone going to federal court for a DUI.
I only realized that the park rangers had any type of authority to pull you over about a year ago. Well, any authority at all, except to issue you a ticket for fishing without a license or for drinking in a state park.

That still amazes me.

Tod
05-18-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't think he was smoking or possessed weed. He had the mic and was seen as a leader. Last I heard, he was arrested for resisting arrest. How do you like that circular thought?

I'm sure they would like to keep him out of circulation until after the armed march in the hopes that it will peter out without a leader.

I guess he is scheduled to appear before a judge on Monday, from what I've been seeing on FB.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 08:30 PM
tacitly... if park rangers are federal and there is nobody else for miles this is like the power a state trooper has

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 08:41 PM
4,393 going to the march, as of today.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 08:43 PM
this all has alex jones marching by his lonesome as he is surrounded by the other marchers

....wh-what?

Aratus
05-18-2013, 08:45 PM
he was going to march with adam kokesh

Aratus
05-18-2013, 08:45 PM
it looks like almost 5000 people will be marching, also

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 08:55 PM

He didn't get pulled over for weed. Or littering. Or whatever.

He got arrested (for what?) but they only charged him with resisting arrest.

I might be missing some key info here though.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Of course you do.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 09:05 PM

Yea, it seems "resisting arrest" is a convenient fail-safe so they can charge anybody with something, whenever they arrest someone for no good reason.

CPUd
05-18-2013, 09:06 PM

In Adam's case, I think it has to do with where he was. In the picture, he is pointing at 36 CFR 2.35 (B) (2) : http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/36/2.35

That is a park service regulation, which means he was probably in an area designated as a national park. Regardless of whatever he did, or whatever they say he did, it is likely under federal park service jurisdiction, which is why he is in federal lockup.

Barrex
05-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Depends from state from state. Some define it resisting, obstructing, delaying...

Some might argue that he was at least delaying.

Your system is little "fucked up". To resist arrest there needs to be ground for arrest. So far they didnt give one. So resisting arrest on its own is really silly if there was no reason to arrest him in the first place.

Yea, it seems "resisting arrest" is a convenient fail-safe so they can charge anybody with something, whenever they arrest someone for no good reason.
Yea but in unlawful arrest makes resisting arrest charges fail by default(*at least that is what laws say).

Police waited till he took microphone and then moved to arrest him. It will be interesting. With so many laws it is nearly impossible to be 100% sure that you are not breaking any law. (speaking in national park without xy; stqanging/destroying grass... I dont know)

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:10 PM

Why are we even having this discussion? Some guy thinks it's funny to call a muscle poseur a "gay porn star" and the political correctness police come out of the woodwork. Some people don't think homosexuality is morally right, so what? It's old hat by now. We all have different moral standards, so can we just agree to disagree, or are the political correctness police going to arrest everyone who makes a funny face at the idea of having gay relations?

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:16 PM
It's you guys who have kept this going and turned it into a gay thread. lol

Not from my point of view. You're the one asking leading questions about how acceptable the gay lifestyle is. I hadn't seen the thread going in THAT direction until you started doing that. No offense, but that's the way I see it.

fr33
05-18-2013, 09:16 PM
In other Philadelphia news; Former Hero Officer Charged With Raping Women, Held on $60M Bail (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Hero-Police-Officer-Charged-With-Holding-2-Women-Captive-207991531.html)

kcchiefs6465
05-18-2013, 09:19 PM
In other Philadelphia news; Former Hero Officer Charged With Raping Women, Held on $60M Bail (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Hero-Police-Officer-Charged-With-Holding-2-Women-Captive-207991531.html)
Mind if I make a thread on it?

I don't want to derail this.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:26 PM

He "tensed up." They call that resisting.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 09:28 PM
He "tensed up." They call that resisting.

oh for......

a brief and natural human instinct is resisting?

Regardless, they need probable cause to arrest.

Of what, exactly?

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:28 PM

What did come to mind? Is pigs not sufficiently offensive for describing those bastards?

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 09:30 PM
What did come to mind? Is pigs not sufficiently offensive for describing those bastards?

do pigs beat others to death? I guess I'm not up on my farm animals.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:31 PM
What I actually meant was there are good police and I don't like it as a catchall for an entire group of people. We aren't collectivist with other groups, why that one?

But in specific cases it isn't remotely descriptive of the true horror of police actions.

Best not open that can of worms. But suffice it to say I strongly disagree. Collectivizing the Ku Klux Klan wouldn't be a bad thing.

fr33
05-18-2013, 09:33 PM

Pigs will eat their own especially if one gets crippled.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Best not open that can of worms. But suffice it to say I strongly disagree. Collectivizing the Ku Klux Klan wouldn't be a bad thing.

but then you are condemning a decision they actively took, to join an idealogical group with an ideology you condemn. Being a police officer imho is only bad if you ABUSE the power the office gives you, so collectivizing those who don't with those who do is different.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 09:36 PM
He spoke up. :(

He was a nail in a sea of government hammers.

better-dead-than-fed
05-18-2013, 09:37 PM
... I ... finally got through to a different officer who told me "I can't give you any information, that's his private business, and if you want to know you need to speak with him after we release him. ....

When the government seizes a person, the burden lies on it to immediately justify the seizure. Without a showing of probable cause, the seizure is presumably unconstitutional.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:38 PM
oh for......

a brief and natural human instinct is resisting?

Regardless, they need probable cause to arrest.

Of what, exactly?

There are lots of videos where they tell people to "stop tensing up!" They expect you to cooperate no matter how difficult...

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:39 PM

I don't see how that's relevant....

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 09:43 PM
but then you are condemning a decision they actively took, to join an idealogical group with an ideology you condemn.

Uh huh... I'm listening...

Being a police officer imho is only bad if you ABUSE the power the office gives you, so collectivizing those who don't with those who do is different.

Every police officer abuses the power the office gives them. It's impossible not to and keep your job. It's the fact that they took an office that gives them such power that justifies collectivizing them. They collectivize themselves by joining that "ideological group with an ideology I condemn." You wouldn't be here if you didn't condemn that ideology as well.

TER
05-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I hope he gets out soon. I think he is being majorly harassed by the Feds right now. I hope he prays to God for guidance and direction.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Uh huh... I'm listening...

Every police officer abuses the power the office gives them. It's impossible not to and keep your job. It's the fact that they took an office that gives them such power that justifies collectivizing them. They collectivize themselves by joining that "ideological group with an ideology I condemn." You wouldn't be here if you didn't condemn that ideology as well.

I'm a minarchist not an anarchist. I think government has moral functions and protecting those less able to defend themselves and their property from infringement is probably number one on my list of appropriate government action. So long as that is the mindset of those who become police, I support them.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 09:50 PM
I hope he gets out soon. I think he is being majorly harassed by the Feds right now. I hope he prays to God for guidance and direction.

Amen! is the last thing I'm going to say in this thread, because if said what I'm really thinking, I'd be sharing a cell with brother Adam.

It would also be decidedly Un-Christian of me.

Stay strong.

ninepointfive
05-18-2013, 09:51 PM
this forum is in some dire straights.

Professor8000
05-18-2013, 09:57 PM
One can not be charged with Resisting Arrest alone, and one can not be arrested for no reason. You have a right to resist an unlawful arrest, and the last time I checked, you had a right to peaceably assemble. It appears that a judge will likely throw the charges out, but then again, there are always the ones who like to make examples of people.

PaulConventionWV
05-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm a minarchist not an anarchist. I think government has moral functions and protecting those less able to defend themselves and their property from infringement is probably number one on my list of appropriate government action. So long as that is the mindset of those who become police, I support them.

You don't have to be an anarchist in order to oppose the existence of an oppressive police force. My point is that you can't join the police force expecting only to do what you just described. They all enforce unjust laws, so it's not necessarily inaccurate to collectivize them as immoral when you and I will agree that what they do is immoral.

fr33
05-18-2013, 10:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEKzN3xqzgM

damiengwa
05-18-2013, 10:07 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yvkzvd.jpg[/QUOTE]

This pic of Adam gave me a chubby...does that make me gay? Do I need to pray?

RickyJ
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
this forum is in some dire straights.

How so? I got nothing wrong with people being critical either way. If everyone had the exact same opinions then this site would be an echo chamber and not a place where you could educate others and/or learn new things.

RickyJ
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM

This pic of Adam gave me a chubby...does that make me gay? Do I need to pray?

Very gay, unless you are a female.

asurfaholic
05-18-2013, 10:13 PM
In Adam's case, I think it has to do with where he was. In the picture, he is pointing at 36 CFR 2.35 (B) (2) : http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/36/2.35

That is a park service regulation, which means he was probably in an area designated as a national park. Regardless of whatever he did, or whatever they say he did, it is likely under federal park service jurisdiction, which is why he is in federal lockup.

Aha.. thanks for clarifying.

I still don't know if he is actually the one in violation of that law though. But lord knows there's at least 4 more in there that he was in violation of, there are so many stupid laws.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 10:15 PM
You don't have to be an anarchist in order to oppose the existence of an oppressive police force. My point is that you can't join the police force expecting only to do what you just described. They all enforce unjust laws, so it's not necessarily inaccurate to collectivize them as immoral when you and I will agree that what they do is immoral.

Well, I don't agree with that because there is still the need for police and those who join to serve a good purpose and do NOT abuse the office I don't tar with the same brush.

But we can disagree.

Aratus
05-18-2013, 10:15 PM
if it is the park service... he could be sent up to denali via cesna
rather than to gitmo by any of the hidden fleet of cia prison planes...

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Well, to be honest, I thought Adam's coming protest on DC wasn't perfectly crafted, but I support the general idea of fighting for liberty, and this was just tweeted tonight and seems to fit this thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKmHkHkCMAEyZJd.jpg:large

damiengwa
05-18-2013, 10:18 PM
We all know WHY he was arrested. Will be interesting to see the charge. I really hope he ddin't have any MJ on him. Then they look like total buffoons. Arresting him literally as he spoke to a crowd on a microphone at a rally. And then what, they've only hit him with resisting? AAHahah! Charge with resisting arrest, but arrested for nothing.

damiengwa
05-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art thou, among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for our sinners,
Now, and at the hour of my death.

Amen

damiengwa
05-18-2013, 10:24 PM
...rather than to gitmo by any of the hidden fleet of cia prison planes...

I'm sure thats a disappointment for him. I'm sure he'd like to partake in some of the drugs on board those CIA planes! May we all be so lucky as to get shipped by CIA plane when they come to take us to Gitmo.

RickyJ
05-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art thou, among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for our sinners,
Now, and at the hour of my death.

Amen

You can pray directly to God, you don't have to go through Mary.

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm sure thats a disappointment for him. I'm sure he'd like to partake in some of the drugs on board those CIA planes! May we all be so lucky as to get shipped by CIA plane when they come to take us to Gitmo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKf6hgBCQAAyKYj.jpg:large

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 10:39 PM
from twitter:

HiramHawk ‏@HiramHawk 54m
Adam Kokesh transferred to the Fed Detention Ctr - Phone is 215-686-3007 http://bit.ly/15XCRnD #policestate #tyranny #news #nra #anonymous

https://twitter.com/HiramHawk/status/335953471687761921

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
When the government seizes a person, the burden lies on it to immediately justify the seizure. Without a showing of probable cause, the seizure is presumably unconstitutional.

That's exactly why I introduced myself as a writer who reports on abuses against Constitutional rights... But they acted as if they wouldn't tell me anything because they were protecting his privacy. I didn't really care anyway; my goal was to let them know this was going to have consequences beyond their phone ringing off the hook all day, and I hope I accomplished that.

Regarding probable cause, they can very easily say it was a pro legalization rally where most of the people were openly smoking pot, and so they had probable cause to believe that anyone acting as a "leader" of such an event was probably in possession of pot too. (Even if they didn't see him smoking it.) Then when they find none on him, all they can do is say he "resisted arrest." All of it's a bunch of BS of course, but none of it surprises me.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKf6hgBCQAAyKYj.jpg:large

MK Ultra?

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Best Ron quote ever.

Well, to be honest, I thought Adam's coming protest on DC wasn't perfectly crafted, but I support the general idea of fighting for liberty, and this was just tweeted tonight and seems to fit this thread.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKmHkHkCMAEyZJd.jpg:large

Aratus
someone wants to keep him inside the system for a VERY long time. we all may need to whump up a moneybomb to keep a public focus on him,
even if we all just donate five to ten bucks every few weeks or so... i'm afraid for him. this was highly arbitrary and nitpicky in a very stupid way.

Anti Federalist
MK Ultra?

Room 101...Christ help us.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:44 PM
You can pray directly to God, you don't have to go through Mary.

At this point, help from any quarter is welcome.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2013, 10:45 PM
And I violated my own post...D'Oh!

damiengwa
05-18-2013, 10:47 PM
bump

Origanalist
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM

Dark sunglasses, foolish grin......could be. :)

economics102
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
They must be really afraid of the DC march, because if their desire was simply to find a way to throw Kokesh in jail for a while, they could've just waited a month and arrested him at the march -- that would be a much more serious charge. He was handing them the opportunity on a silver platter.

JK/SEA
05-18-2013, 10:50 PM
//

sailingaway
05-18-2013, 11:04 PM
MK Ultra?

forced feeding station at Guantanamo. A poster was suggesting that being taken there by CIA plane would be wonderful.

WhistlinDave
05-18-2013, 11:04 PM

I imagine they probably witnessed him smoking weed at some point then swooped in right when he was speaking.

Dark sunglasses, foolish grin......could be. :)

Nope, apparently not... Here's one of the first posts on the Facebook page after this happened:

LOL -- "yet."