PDA

View Full Version : Voting Registration

Christian Liberty
05-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey, question....

My school's budget vote (I'm in NYS, BTW) is this Tuesday. If I'm still a student in school, but am 18 years old, am I legally able to cast a ballot? (I want to vote against it, of course.)

What do I have to do to register, if anyone knows?

Thanks for any help.

tsai3904
05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
I think the deadline to register to vote in New York is 25 days before an election.

To register to vote, fill out this form and mail it to your County Board of Elections listed on the first page:

http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/download/voting/voteform.pdf

You can call your County Board on Monday to confirm if it's too late to register and vote in the election on Tuesday.

Also, New York has closed elections. If you want to vote in a Republican primary, you have to be registered as a Republican (in box 13).

Christian Liberty
05-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I think the deadline to register to vote in New York is 25 days before an election.

To register to vote, fill out this form and mail it to your County Board of Elections listed on the first page:

http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/download/voting/voteform.pdf

You can call your County Board on Monday to confirm if it's too late to register and vote in the election on Tuesday.

Also, New York has closed elections. If you want to vote in a Republican primary, you have to be registered as a Republican (in box 13).
Guess I'll be ready for next one... Thanks...

Does Party Registration actually cost anything or is it just something I have to do?

tsai3904
05-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Does Party Registration actually cost anything or is it just something I have to do?

It doesn't cost anything and it's something you have to do if you want to vote in a Republican primary.

Christian Liberty
05-18-2013, 02:48 PM
It doesn't cost anything and it's something you have to do if you want to vote in a Republican primary.

I knew that, I'm going to do it so I can vote for Rand Paul. I wanted to know if it cost anything because I couldn't in good conscience actually give the GOP any money.

fr33
05-18-2013, 03:06 PM
In this modern welfare state you definitely don't have to pay to vote.