PDA

View Full Version : TODAY: Cuccinelli accepts nomination for governor

Warlord
05-18-2013, 05:46 AM
I think it's today in Virginia Cuccinelli will accept the GOP nomination for governor at the nominating convention.

10:45 am I believe

Warlord
05-18-2013, 05:49 AM
There will be a live stream of the RPV convention here:

http://www.cuccinelli.com/kenattheconvention/

Warlord
05-18-2013, 05:55 AM
I hope FSP Rebel will be awake. This is his wet dream: The conclusion of a nominating convention specifically organized to shut the establishment out and nominate a (supposed) conservative.

Ron has endorsed Cuccinelli as far back as 2009 for Attorney General and stuck with him since and he is well thought of so hopefully he'll stick to his principles.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKeujEdCUAASFZF.jpg

Eric Cantor and the other frauds will be in attendance. They don't like Cuccinelli despite the forced smiles.

John F Kennedy III
05-18-2013, 06:02 AM
Cuccinelli is awesome. There's another plus :)

Warlord
05-18-2013, 06:05 AM
He's done nothing wrong.. for some reason I've got the VA GOP chairman who is 75 years old (!!) following Warlord on twitter so saw his tweets about this last night otherwise i'd have no idea.

Warlord
05-18-2013, 08:14 AM
The stream is kind of working but just playing cheesy music.

Warlord
05-18-2013, 08:30 AM
It's just gone to live video.

Some fat establishment guy is warming up the crowd.

Warlord
05-18-2013, 08:31 AM
The audio is terrible!

VA GOP fail!

Warlord
05-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Bobby Jindal!

Wooo!

Warlord
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I can't make out a word he's saying which is probably a good thing.

Warlord
05-18-2013, 09:10 AM
The AP has called the race:

http://images.wjla.com/government/ken_cuccinelli_points_296.jpg

CUCCINELLI WINS BY ACCLAMATION

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia's activist conservative attorney general beloved by the tea party for his aggressive challenges to federal mandates has won the Republican Party's gubernatorial nomination by acclamation.

At the GOP's statewide convention, thousands of conservatives and tea party followers who dominated the Richmond Coliseum Saturday roared their unanimous support for Ken Cuccinelli, who was unopposed for the nomination.

Cuccinelli is an abortion foe who was the first state attorney general to challenge President Barack Obama's health care reforms in 2010.

He faces former Democratic National Committee chairman and Clinton family protege Terry McAuliffe in the Nov. 5 election to become Virginia's 72nd governor.

At age 44, the father of seven becomes the youngest Republican nominee for Virginia governor since former Gov. George Allen 20 years ago.

Spoa
05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Congrats to Cuccinelli.

I'm rooting for Stimpson to win Lt. Governor nomination and Obenshain to get Attorney General nomination.

FSP-Rebel
05-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Woot!! This is why I love nominating conventions with the right candidate in our corner. I know what happened in SC but we also know what happened in UT and we got Sen Lee out of it. Caucus/conventions FTW!! Warlord was right!!