PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Monsanto Protests to be Held on May 25th...

BuddyRey
05-18-2013, 03:57 AM
At first I thought this wouldn't be any big deal, since awareness of Monsanto isn't exactly as widespread as we'd like, but then I looked at the Facebook page for the protest planned for my little city, and already 500 people have RSVP'ed. Not bad at all! This thing must be getting around.

This link has the details on all the different local protests and the FB pages where they coordinate. This could be really big!

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/p/blog-page.html

BuddyRey
05-18-2013, 04:58 AM
//

BuddyRey
05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Afternoon bump.

Working Poor
05-18-2013, 02:40 PM
I support this with all my heart but i bet msn won't breathe a word about it. You want to bet on it?

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 05:30 AM
I am speaking at the Greensboro March Against Monsanto today after 2PM.

Here is what I plan to say:

Hello America, how are ya!

My name is Glen Bradley, and yes, I'm actually running - and am competitive - for the Vice Chairmanship of the North Carolina Republican Party. But I'm not here today to talk about that. I'm here to talk about a real, serious, and present threat to our American values, to American free enterprise, and quite possibly even to life on Earth itself. That threat is the one posed by corporatism, also known as fascism, and specifically the company known as Monsanto, Inc.

Most of us here already understand the consequences of that threat. We see daily in our alternative news feeds how Monsanto world wide has been attacking small farmers and heirloom crops by planting GMO crops upwind, and then suing the people they infect right out of business. Not only do they not even attempt to control their GMO pollution, GMO pollution has become Monsanto's most profitable business model, and they continue to leverage it against us unfettered by government control or oversight.

We've heard about the suicides of rice farmers in India driven into bankruptcy and desolation by faceless corporate bean counters thousands of miles away. We've read about secret GMO plantings in countries all over the world specifically intended to infect heirloom crops in the hopes of one day claiming total ownership over all the food on planet Earth.

We even know how the captured regulators on the Illinois Board of Agriculture waited until "Terry" Ingram of Apple River, Ill., owner of Apple Creek Apiaries proved that Monsanto's RoundUp pesticide was a primary contributor to Colony Collapse Disorder, and we know that unless we do something we face the potential extinction of honey bees in America, and without honey bees, we have no food, and without food, life on planet Earth ceases to exist.

It is in the nature of corporations to place profit interests above human interest. It is in the nature of mankind to reject that behavior and to put such monsters out of business. yet, Monsanto continues to thrive as one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world, how is that possible?

It's possible because Monsanto has us playing their game. The United States Food and Drug Administration and the USDA have become wholly-owned subsidiaries of Monsanto Incorporated, and today we stand here stymied by the phenomena of captured regulators, and yet we cannot unite enough to put a stop to this criminal behavior.

Corporatism infects and controls both major parties in the United States today. Monsanto Inc gives billions of dollars every election to both sides of the ballot so that no matter who gets elected they are beholden to the special interests. We swap out Republicans for Democrats, and we swap our Democrats for Republicans, and nothing ever changes, Monsanto remains free to act unmolested, and we in our frustration take it out on one another, being distracted from our real enemies, Monsanto, their captured regulators, and the establishment politicians in both parties whom they control.

Republican voters point the finger at the FDA for setting the policies that enable Monsanto's criminal behavior, while Democratic voters defend the FDA and call out the Republicans for failing to recognize the corporatist Monsanto. Democratic voters call out Monsanto for their criminal and thuggish behavior while Republican voters defend the fascists as though this were an example of the free market. We tear into each other arguing about whether it's the left hand or the right hand that is killing us, while both hands are wrapped around our throats and Monsanto is laughing all the way to the bank.

They stay in power, because we, the anti-establishment forces in both parties cannot stop beating each other up long enough to stand together and face the real enemy: the establishment leadership on both sides of the spectrum enabling the corporate fascist behavior of Monsanto and their criminal ilk.

Occupy America calls the Tea Parties right wing-nut theocratic fascists, and the Tea Parties call Occupy left wing-nut hippy communists, and we are all too busy hating each other to recognize that we all have more in common than we have opposed.

Malcolm X once said “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” His words ring true to us today, as the media takes very careful pains to set us against one another, while the real criminals sit back in the shadows and laugh about the chaos they have wrought.

We must learn to get beyond this. The threat posed by Monsanto is real, and it is imminent. It becomes more difficult every day to find commodity staple crops like rice, corn, and sugar that have not been infected with GMO and GMO based pesticides. Our small, family, and heirloom farmers are being driven out of business at an accelerating and alarming rate, and if we do not get past our differences with one another and stand up to the enemy, we could face the prospect of nothing but corporate farms, leading to the extinction of the American Honey Bee, and followed by the end of life as we know it.

But despite all of this, I have more hope than you know, because here am I, a Republican politician, and a competitive candidate for the Vice Chairmanship of the North Carolina Republican Party speaking to you today about the dangers of Monsanto and what we have to do to fight them -- a kind of anti-establishment bipartisanship that would have been seen as impossible only ten short years ago.

GMO labeling is only one small piece of the picture, a more important step will be to put an end to the phenomena of captured regulators, and only if we stand together can we make that happen. Monsanto cannot survive without the government protecting and enabling their criminal behavior. We cannot, and we must not tolerate nonsense like the FDA banning the labeling of salmon as "GMO Free" while at the exact same time approving GMO salmon for human consumption. This must not be a partisan thing, it will only work if it is an American thing.

The Tea Parties have to come to terms with the fact that corporatists operators like Monsanto are a violation of everything America stands for, and learn to tolerate the complaints of Occupy against them, and Occupy must come to terms with the fact that Monsanto can only do what they do because the FDA directly enables them, and learn to tolerate the Tea Parties complaints against the FDA.

Because when we learn to stop dividing ourselves against each other and come together as Americans to put down enemies the human race like Monsanto like the rabid dogs they are, then no force on Earth can stop us.

Right now, I want to say a word about House Bill 379, in the North Carolina General Assembly, claiming to "clarify the Board of Agriculture's authority over all plant life in North Carolina." What this bill does is nothing less than to put total control over every form of plant life int he entire State to the discretion of an appointed unelected board. The ramifications for GMO and Monsanto are plain, this is nothing less than a pre-emptive act to prevent the regulation of GMO infection at the County level.

Republicans in the General Assembly are supposed to be about smaller, less intrusive government, and less Federal and State regulation not more. This action is a direct violation of everything that Republicans are supposed to stand for, and it must not be tolerated.

House Bill 379 - Clarify the Board of Agriculture's Authority over all Plants in the State, passed the State House on April 30th 94-23, and is currently sitting in the State Senate Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and Natural Resources.

I implore you all to to please remember this bill, House Bill 379, Board of Agriculture Authority over Plants. We must come together to demand that the State Senate kill this bill before they use it to force GMO crops into counties that do not want it. We are supposed to be about local control, and less intervention into the affairs of our citizens. this is a terrible bill, and will do irrevocable harm to the State of north carolina. Please contact your NC State Senator and keep contacting them until House Bill 379 is a dead letter.

The power is in our hands, and it's time to rise up and take it! Thank you!

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Anybody else going to be attending their local March Against Monsanto? Especially anybody coming to the Greensboro event?

Here is the web page (http://nogmogso.com/drupalsite/?q=node/19)

Here is the Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/174273189390376/)

MARCH: 2-3PM
RALLY: 3-4PM
(Restrooms on site)

Governmental Plaza
110 S Greene St
Greensboro, NC 27401

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-25-2013, 06:12 AM
At first I thought this wouldn't be any big deal, since awareness of Monsanto isn't exactly as widespread as we'd like, but then I looked at the Facebook page for the protest planned for my little city, and already 500 people have RSVP'ed. Not bad at all! This thing must be getting around.

It's one of those areas where this board tends to overlap heavily with green party types, or occupy protester types. Sometimes people don't recognize the extent to which they agree with others. (not you or anyone in particular... just everyone.)

Wooden Indian
05-25-2013, 06:18 AM
I was interested in the march until I read that they were wanting to force Congress into passing the "GMO Labeling Law".

No thanks. If it were just speaking out against Monsanto, I'm down. Passing more laws, no thanks.

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:26 AM
I was interested in the march until I read that they were wanting to force Congress into passing the "GMO Labeling Law".

No thanks. If it were just speaking out against Monsanto, I'm down. Passing more laws, no thanks.

It's not going to happen, which is why they need to be exposed to a free-market oriented solution to that which ails them. Of course, any Federal labeling scheme is unconstitutional to start with. But the root of the problem is corporatism and captured regulators. This crowd, more than any other in the US, needs to be exposed to our ideas and solutions.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-25-2013, 06:27 AM

Actually, congress is more likely to pass laws that criminalize labeling. In fact, I think they have.

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:28 AM
It's one of those areas where this board tends to overlap heavily with green party types, or occupy protester types. Sometimes people don't recognize the extent to which they agree with others. (not you or anyone in particular... just everyone.)

It's true that Americans are several people divided by a common language. More often than not, conservative voters and liberal voters want the same thing, but are kept at each other's throats because we all use a different dialect of English to describe it, and we completely fail to understand each other.

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Actually, congress is more likely to pass laws that criminalize labeling. In fact, I think they have.

Not Congress, the FDA did it all on their own. The FDA has banned the practice of labeling salmon, for example, as being "GMO Free" because they say that's too much information for the consumer who will just be confused. Therefore it's now illegal to label your salmon "GMO Free." Salmon is not the only product that the FDA has done this to. The FDA and the USDA have teamed up to do the same thing to rBGH in milk and dairy, to ban the labeling of these products as being free of added growth hormones.

If we actually had a free market, companies could label their products how the heck they wanted to.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Not Congress, the FDA did it all on their own. The FDA has banned the practice of labeling salmon, for example, as being "GMO Free" because they say that's too much information for the consumer who will just be confused. Therefore it's now illegal to label your salmon "GMO Free." Salmon is not the only product that the FDA has done this to. The FDA and the USDA have teamed up to do the same thing to rBGH in milk and dairy, to ban the labeling of these products as being free of added growth hormones.

If we actually had a free market, companies could label their products how the heck they wanted to.

Thanks for the correction. That's even crappier. I remember reading recently that the milk industry is requesting they be allowed to add aspertame to dairy products without labeling. I'm against labeling laws in a pure philosophical sense, but this government supported picking and choosing is clearly not in the interest of citizens.

luctor-et-emergo
05-25-2013, 06:36 AM

....... (deleted for obvious reasons)

Great speech Gunny !
Good way to educate some people on the matter and maybe get some people to consider things they had never thought of!
Enjoyed reading it, so I hope there will be a video once you've made your speech, I'd like to see how the attendees react to what you have to say.

Good luck !

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks! there are supposed to be over 600 people at this event, and the vast vast majority of them will be Occupy types, and I am bring a Paul type message, so this will be extremely interesting I think.

Wooden Indian
05-25-2013, 06:50 AM
No, I have no problem with your speech, Gunny. You do a shitload for the Freedom movement, and I'm proud of ya.
I just don't think I can stand shoulder to shoulder with people that ignorantly want Congress to enforce more law on the private sector. Theoretically, you're right though. Have a good time, and turn some folks our way!

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the correction. That's even crappier. I remember reading recently that the milk industry is requesting they be allowed to add aspertame to dairy products without labeling. I'm against labeling laws in a pure philosophical sense, but this government supported picking and choosing is clearly not in the interest of citizens.

Aye, it's like I'm against the IRS altogether but if there is going to be an IRS it has to be fair and equal - rewarding the left while punishing the right is reprehensible in the extreme.

ghengis86
05-25-2013, 06:51 AM

Food freedom is huge. The State/Monsanto is waging total war.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/138005.html

The food freedom movement is rapidly becoming the most fundamental issue of our time, as there can be no more central issue than the state demanding to approve the very sustenance with which we chose to nourish ourselves. Cannabis decriminalization, wiretapping, IRS thuggery, and other issues are indeed important to the struggle for individual liberty. But if we surrender to the state the authority to dictate what we are allowed to feed ourselves and our families then little else matters afterward.

Snip

The trial of Vernon Hershberger for the crime of selling healthy, unprocessed milk to informed and willing customers is a sadly damning commentary on the times in which we currently live.
This humble yet learned Amish farmer faces the ruin of his farm, his family, and jail time in a trial that highlights the utter depravity of the so-called authorities who claim the right to rule over the rest of us.
Over and over thugs raided the peaceful Hershberger's farm, destroying his property and terrorizing his ten children. His crime was selling a product that has been consumed from time immemorial and which thousands upon thousands of families (including this writer's) increasingly swear by as healthful and wholesome: unprocessed, fresh milk.
Hershberger was caught up in a hell of Kafka's worst nightmare:
"The state is arguing that Hershberger violated the law by selling milk (raw) while he was not licensed. But here's the problem: licensing requires that milk producers sell to a licensed processing plant. If you don't sell to a plant, you aren't licensed. At issue is not the fact that Hershberger failed to obtain a license, but that he cannot get a license, period, to sell milk because he was no longer shipping to a plant. Instead, he was attempting to sell raw milk directly to buyers or buying club 'members' who had purchased shares in cows. But no one is allowed to say that."
His trial is a repulsive, Darkness at Noon, mockery of justice, where the judge forbade the words "raw milk" from even being uttered in the courtroom where the very "crime" is that Hershberger sold raw milk to willing customers! Every time this forbidden phrase was about to come out of the mouth of either side in the trial, the judge ordered the jury to be quickly removed from the courtroom to protect them from even hearing this dangerous term.

speciallyblend
05-25-2013, 07:02 AM

Hello America, how are ya!

My name is Glen Bradley, and yes, I'm actually running - and am competitive - for the Vice Chairmanship of the North Carolina Republican Party. But I'm not here today to talk about that. I'm here to talk about a real, serious, and present threat to our American values, to American free enterprise, and quite possibly even to life on Earth itself. That threat is the one posed by corporatism, also known as fascism, and specifically the company known as Monsanto, Inc.

Most of us here already understand the consequences of that threat. We see daily in our alternative news feeds how Monsanto world wide has been attacking small farmers and heirloom crops by planting GMO crops upwind, and then suing the people they infect right out of business. Not only do they not even attempt to control their GMO pollution, GMO pollution has become Monsanto's most profitable business model, and they continue to leverage it against us unfettered by government control or oversight.

We've heard about the suicides of rice farmers in India driven into bankruptcy and desolation by faceless corporate bean counters thousands of miles away. We've read about secret GMO plantings in countries all over the world specifically intended to infect heirloom crops in the hopes of one day claiming total ownership over all the food on planet Earth.

We even know how the captured regulators on the Illinois Board of Agriculture waited until "Terry" Ingram of Apple River, Ill., owner of Apple Creek Apiaries proved that Monsanto's RoundUp pesticide was a primary contributor to Colony Collapse Disorder, and we know that unless we do something we face the potential extinction of honey bees in America, and without honey bees, we have no food, and without food, life on planet Earth ceases to exist.

It is in the nature of corporations to place profit interests above human interest. It is in the nature of mankind to reject that behavior and to put such monsters out of business. yet, Monsanto continues to thrive as one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world, how is that possible?

It's possible because Monsanto has us playing their game. The United States Food and Drug Administration and the USDA have become wholly-owned subsidiaries of Monsanto Incorporated, and today we stand here stymied by the phenomena of captured regulators, and yet we cannot unite enough to put a stop to this criminal behavior.

Corporatism infects and controls both major parties in the United States today. Monsanto Inc gives billions of dollars every election to both sides of the ballot so that no matter who gets elected they are beholden to the special interests. We swap out Republicans for Democrats, and we swap our Democrats for Republicans, and nothing ever changes, Monsanto remains free to act unmolested, and we in our frustration take it out on one another, being distracted from our real enemies, Monsanto, their captured regulators, and the establishment politicians in both parties whom they control.

Republican voters point the finger at the FDA for setting the policies that enable Monsanto's criminal behavior, while Democratic voters defend the FDA and call out the Republicans for failing to recognize the corporatist Monsanto. Democratic voters call out Monsanto for their criminal and thuggish behavior while Republican voters defend the fascists as though this were an example of the free market. We tear into each other arguing about whether it's the left hand or the right hand that is killing us, while both hands are wrapped around our throats and Monsanto is laughing all the way to the bank.

They stay in power, because we, the anti-establishment forces in both parties cannot stop beating each other up long enough to stand together and face the real enemy: the establishment leadership on both sides of the spectrum enabling the corporate fascist behavior of Monsanto and their criminal ilk.

Occupy America calls the Tea Parties right wing-nut theocratic fascists, and the Tea Parties call Occupy left wing-nut hippy communists, and we are all too busy hating each other to recognize that we all have more in common than we have opposed.

Malcolm X once said “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” His words ring true to us today, as the media takes very careful pains to set us against one another, while the real criminals sit back in the shadows and laugh about the chaos they have wrought.

We must learn to get beyond this. The threat posed by Monsanto is real, and it is imminent. It becomes more difficult every day to find commodity staple crops like rice, corn, and sugar that have not been infected with GMO and GMO based pesticides. Our small, family, and heirloom farmers are being driven out of business at an accelerating and alarming rate, and if we do not get past our differences with one another and stand up to the enemy, we could face the prospect of nothing but corporate farms, leading to the extinction of the American Honey Bee, and followed by the end of life as we know it.

But despite all of this, I have more hope than you know, because here am I, a Republican politician, and a competitive candidate for the Vice Chairmanship of the North Carolina Republican Party speaking to you today about the dangers of Monsanto and what we have to do to fight them -- a kind of anti-establishment bipartisanship that would have been seen as impossible only ten short years ago.

GMO labeling is only one small piece of the picture, a more important step will be to put an end to the phenomena of captured regulators, and only if we stand together can we make that happen. Monsanto cannot survive without the government protecting and enabling their criminal behavior. We cannot, and we must not tolerate nonsense like the FDA banning the labeling of salmon as "GMO Free" while at the exact same time approving GMO salmon for human consumption. This must not be a partisan thing, it will only work if it is an American thing.

The Tea Parties have to come to terms with the fact that corporatists operators like Monsanto are a violation of everything America stands for, and learn to tolerate the complaints of Occupy against them, and Occupy must come to terms with the fact that Monsanto can only do what they do because the FDA directly enables them, and learn to tolerate the Tea Parties complaints against the FDA.

Because when we learn to stop dividing ourselves against each other and come together as Americans to put down enemies the human race like Monsanto like the rabid dogs they are, then no force on Earth can stop us.

Right now, I want to say a word about House Bill 379, in the North Carolina General Assembly, claiming to "clarify the Board of Agriculture's authority over all plant life in North Carolina." What this bill does is nothing less than to put total control over every form of plant life int he entire State to the discretion of an appointed unelected board. The ramifications for GMO and Monsanto are plain, this is nothing less than a pre-emptive act to prevent the regulation of GMO infection at the County level.

Republicans in the General Assembly are supposed to be about smaller, less intrusive government, and less Federal and State regulation not more. This action is a direct violation of everything that Republicans are supposed to stand for, and it must not be tolerated.

House Bill 379 - Clarify the Board of Agriculture's Authority over all Plants in the State, passed the State House on April 30th 94-23, and is currently sitting in the State Senate Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and Natural Resources.

I implore you all to to please remember this bill, House Bill 379, Board of Agriculture Authority over Plants. We must come together to demand that the State Senate kill this bill before they use it to force GMO crops into counties that do not want it. We are supposed to be about local control, and less intervention into the affairs of our citizens. this is a terrible bill, and will do irrevocable harm to the State of north carolina. Please contact your NC State Senator and keep contacting them until House Bill 379 is a dead letter.

The power is in our hands, and it's time to rise up and take it! Thank you!

thank you glen!!!!!