PDA

View Full Version : Lew calls Boehner's bluff

Warlord
05-17-2013, 12:13 PM
He's laughing at you Mr. Speaker. He thinks you're pathetic and will cave in like you usually do.

QUESTION: How long will Johnny boy be Obama's bitch for?

-

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew on Friday urged congressional leaders to raise the debt limit and insisted that the White House is not going to negotiate over the increase because lawmakers have "no choice."

"We will not negotiate over the debt limit," Lew wrote. "The creditworthiness of the United States is non-negotiable. The question of whether the country must pay obligations it has already incurred is not open to debate."

Lew said that while President Obama is willing to discuss plans to reduce the nation's deficit with Congress, those talks must be kept separate from any effort to raise the nation's debt cap.

The letter comes as the debt limit is set to take effect on Sunday, after being suspended for three months by Congress. The last time the nation approached its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit, lawmakers agreed to suspend the borrowing cap, and then to automatically raise it to cover borrowing subject to the limit that occurred during that three-month stretch.

The end result is that come Sunday, the Treasury will find itself immediately up against its expanded cap, and will need to begin employing "extraordinary measures" to free up space beneath the limit to stay current on its obligations

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/300463-treasury-asks-congress-for-debt-increase-says-its-not-open-to-debate

HOLLYWOOD
05-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Boehner will cave somewhere along the line. Establishment politicians like John Boehner do have blood on their hands over the years, and Libya is one of the most recent. Remember it is the party of ONE, with little expenditure differences, just a decisive meme for the proletariat to swallow.

Jacob Lew and the spin doctors will always win... I can imagine how the backroom deal goes with questions like, "Okay you say this for the C-SPAN/PRESS cameras and I'll say that... let's go a few rounds to give a good impression for the media to play, get the citizens all railed-up to divide, and swallow each others their side's of talking points. Then we'll all come together for it's a NATIONAL SECURITY issue/mandate and we must continue to spend and pile on the debt to the worthless nickles Americans hold.... Hah Hah, let's go to K Street and order a bottle of OPUS to celebrate, 'We Secured The Country's Future'."

Christian Liberty
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
"Not open for debate?" And what if we do so anyway? Kill us? I mean, first amendment sir!

Even as a high school age kid who still has almost 2K in savings bonds for college... I still believe default is morally the correct choice.

Granted, John Bohenner and his ilk don't seriously WANT to debate this, but that's an entirely different topic. I do.