PDA

View Full Version : Time to Abolish the Income Tax and the IRS

Brian4Liberty
05-17-2013, 11:16 AM
IRS Scandal Suggests it is Time to Abolish the Income Tax and the IRS

http://voices.yahoo.com/irs-scandal-suggests-time-abolish-income-12137046.html?cat=9

COMMENTARY | The evolving by the hour IRS scandal, in which the tax agency targeted conservative groups for examination and harassment, as detailed by the Washington Post, cries out for not only an investigation, but legislation.

To be sure an investigation and the punishment of those responsible for politically motivated examinations and audits must happen. But the fact that the IRS did these things at all stems from the fact that someone wanted to target conservative organizations and perhaps people and, thanks to the existence of the IRS, they could. This therefore argues for an overhaul of the tax code that would lead either to the abolishment of the IRS or at least the massive curtailment of its power to delve into the intimate financial lives of Americans and use its powers to make those lives a hell.
Ideas for a flat tax or a national sales tax have been around since at least the mid 1990s. In the former, the idea is that one can fill out ones tax form on a post card; income, a few limited deductions, taxes paid and taxes owed and that would be it. In the latter the income tax would be abolished, along with the 16th Amendment that authorizes the same, and the government would tax consumption, with perhaps some necessities such as food, clothing and housing exempt.

The beauty of either plan is that the tax code would be so simplified that the time and cost of compliance would be decreased drastically. More importantly the power of the IRS to use the tax code to attack the political enemies of whomever the current president is would be abolished, perhaps along with the tax agency itself.

http://voices.yahoo.com/irs-scandal-suggests-time-abolish-income-12137046.html?cat=9

Dr.3D
05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Won't happen. The beast needs it's mouth to eat with.

ZENemy
05-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Won't happen. The beast needs it's mouth to eat with.

Damn, we might as well all pack up, vote for Hilary and call it a day.

Dr.3D
05-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Damn, we might as well all pack up, vote for Hilary and call it a day.

Think so? Don't be such a defeatist. You can't get the beast to cut it's own throat. You need another beast to do it for you.

Keith and stuff
05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
You sound like Harry Browne. He was saying these things in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs9ujSbM4c

ZENemy
05-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Think so? Don't be such a defeatist. You can't get the beast to cut it's own throat. You need another beast to do it for you.

LOL, I was being sarcastic. :)

Red Green
05-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Well, now is the time for tax reform groups to make a big push. If this can't sink the idea of a federal income tax, I don't know what will. The combination of Obamacare and the NFP scandal should get people thinking.

VIDEODROME
05-17-2013, 01:04 PM
The IRS is what drew me to Ron Paul in the first place in 2008 when he said they should be abolished.

Red Green
05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
We need to bring Dr. Kermit Gosnell out of retirement. The IRS is now in it's 400th trimester and needs to be aborted.

unclesammovie
05-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Ron Paul said it first!!

sluggo
05-17-2013, 01:37 PM
There are ways the gov could raise revenue without harassing, intimidating, and snooping on private citizens.

I hope this IRS scandal and the news about the new "roboaudit" scheme get people talking about real tax reform. I'm not sure how anyone can justify the behavior of the IRS any longer.

Brian4Liberty
05-17-2013, 04:10 PM
There are ways the gov could raise revenue without harassing, intimidating, and snooping on private citizens.

I hope this IRS scandal and the news about the new "roboaudit" scheme get people talking about real tax reform. I'm not sure how anyone can justify the behavior of the IRS any longer.

It's for the children! And the roads and bridges!

DamianTV
05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
... and Paychecks for Govt Employees, AT YOUR EXPENSE!

Dont forget Goldman Sachs!

Brian4Liberty
05-19-2013, 01:31 PM
You sound like Harry Browne. He was saying these things in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs9ujSbM4c

That's a good one. It might bring people over to the "libertarian" perspective.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey Glenn, I like it! ;)

Time to abolish the IRS … and the income tax, too!

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/20/time-to-abolish-the-irs-and-the-income-tax-too/

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-20-2013, 01:52 PM
The IRS is used to make or break people and the president/government shouldn't have that power.

otherone
05-20-2013, 03:49 PM
The Federal government should be wholly funded by state government, creating an ACTUAL "union". The common Joe should be left out of it, other than by paying state taxes. Let the states fight w/ the fed. Maybe then we could abolish the 17th amendment as well, further ensuring an actual federation.

PreDeadMan
05-20-2013, 04:55 PM
it's easy to do if a lot of people are awake.... like Larken Rose suggested if everyone woke up tomorrow and didn't know what the IRS was and threw out their letters it would just go away lol ignore the system out of existence =p ignore the idiots out of power lol

Feelgood
05-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Well if I re-call correctly, the charter for the Federal Reserve was supposed to expire after 100 years, unless it is re-newed. That would mean it is over with this year. We shall see...