PDA

View Full Version : WaPo:efforts to target conservative groups reached highest levels of IRS by May 2012

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 08:44 PM
OK, now I have to find that story, that was just said in this Wall Street Journal article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323582904578487460479247792.html?m od=wsj_share_tweet

Lucille
05-16-2013, 08:45 PM
I was just creating a new thread for that! But then I decided against it.

Many of these stories will come out, but not as many as there are. People are not only afraid of being audited, they're afraid of saying they were audited.

All of these IRS actions took place in the years leading up to the 2012 election. They constitute the use of governmental power to intrude on the privacy and shackle the political freedom of American citizens. The purpose, obviously, was to overwhelm and intimidate—to kill the opposition, question by question and audit by audit.

It is not even remotely possible that all this was an accident, a mistake. Again, only conservative groups were targeted, not liberal. It is not even remotely possible that only one IRS office was involved. Lois Lerner, who oversees tax-exempt groups for the IRS, was the person who finally acknowledged, under pressure of a looming investigative report, some of what the IRS was doing. She told reporters the actions were the work of "frontline people" in Cincinnati. But other offices were involved, including Washington. It is not even remotely possible the actions were the work of just a few agents. This was more systemic. It was an operation. The word was out: Get the Democratic Party's foes. It is not remotely possible nobody in the IRS knew what was going on until very recently. The Washington Post reported efforts to target the conservative groups reached the highest levels of the agency by May 2012—far earlier than the agency had acknowledged. Reuters reported high-level IRS officials, including its chief counsel, knew in August 2011 about the targeting.

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
LOL! Well the story is very brief: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/irs-says-current-acting-commissioner-learned-in-may-2012-that-tea-party-groups-were-targeted/2013/05/13/21657c88-bc15-11e2-b537-ab47f0325f7c_story.html

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
I was just creating a new thread for that! But then I decided against it.

We must get our IRS stories in the same place, we are one and two on two different stories today

Lucille
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
LOL That was brief!