PDA

View Full Version : IL Man Faced 75 Years in Prison for Videotaping Police, Charges Ruled Unconstitutional

Lucille
05-16-2013, 05:39 PM
But of course LEOs can film mundanes without their consent.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/137702.html

The police are above the law, a law unto themselves, in totalitarian societies.

Actually, this normally only applies to the secret police--KGB, Gestapo, CIA, FBI, DEA, NSA, NRO, BATF, etc., etc. in the U.S. Super Police State.

I would have to check to be sure, but I think in the USSR the MVD, which was the civil police army dealing with ordinary [non-political] crimes and the German civil police, which was mostly state [Lande] police as far as I know, were not above the law, nor were they as militarized and heavily armed as the U.S. state and local police are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F8ARwO7VqNQ

Christian Liberty
05-16-2013, 05:43 PM
What the crap is up with this tyranny? I mean seriously, it almost feels like one, but I can still call Obama a child murdering scumbag and get away with it. In most tyrannies, I couldn't. This honestly feels weird...

DamianTV
05-16-2013, 05:48 PM
The Right to Record the Public must remain in the hands of the Public.

fr33
05-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Someone should tell the LewRockwell staff this is an old story and the judge ruled in favor of the defendant. http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/20/illinois-judge-rejects-eavesdr

better-dead-than-fed
05-16-2013, 05:53 PM
I can still call Obama a child murdering scumbag and get away with it.

Where did you get the idea you can get away with it? (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlg3-zkrw4IEnk25uan9UhBDULqQsSOwFAvyLPN9pI/pub)

Lucille
05-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Someone should tell the LewRockwell staff this is an old story and the judge ruled in favor of the defendant. http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/20/illinois-judge-rejects-eavesdr

That is really old but still great news. Thank you!

Fixed the title. If a mod wants to delete the thread, go for it.

PaulConventionWV
05-16-2013, 06:39 PM
This is good news. You know why?

Because this guy has never had ANY brush with the law, and says he's never been accused of a crime. The police state is hitting right at home with Joseph Bleaux now, and hopefully they will wake up to the abuse.

HOLLYWOOD
05-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Yah here that STATIST mouthpiece's (government prosecutor, Chaypen Rose) comment about video/audio recorders of police incidents to the news reporter? "It is an extremely serious offense..." :rolleyes:

better-dead-than-fed
05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
The video says 12 States outlaw recording police without their consent, under 'eavesdropping' laws. That sounds challenge-able under Freedom of Press.

DamianTV
05-16-2013, 07:08 PM
This is another case of why Jury Nullification is so important.

Courts are set up to make sure you fail at every opportunity. They coerce you into taking plea deals where you exchange your actual innocence for guilt with a lesser sentence. They do everything in their power to get you to pay a fine and not show up to court. They manipulate and trick you into waiving your Constitutional Rights in order to further back you into a corner. And they do everything they can to keep you from having a Trial By Jury because a Well Informed Jury will be the only ones that can stick up to a completely corrupted Just-Us system.

jmdrake
05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
The video says 12 States outlaw recording police without their consent, under 'eavesdropping' laws. That sounds challenge-able under Freedom of Press.

That is one "states right" that should definitely be violated. Go 9th amendment!

brushfire
05-16-2013, 07:16 PM
That statute, at least in IL, is under court ordered injunction.
Last I recall, Michael Allison's charges were dropped - the charges were ruled unconstitutional.

TheTexan
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
That statute, at least in IL, is under court ordered injunction.
Last I recall, Michael Allison's charges were dropped - the charges were ruled unconstitutional.

Good. The prosecutor should stand trial for harassing that man over such frivolous charges.

brushfire
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Good. The prosecutor should stand trial for harassing that man over such frivolous charges.

Exactly, and forced to pay for the legal fees out of pocket.

liberty2897
05-16-2013, 07:30 PM
That is really old but still great news. Thank you!

Fixed the title. If a mod wants to delete the thread, go for it.

No!, Please don't delete this thread. I follow links related to police brutality all the time and I had no idea that it was illegal to take videos of police. Seems completely unbelievable, even in the tyrannical times we are living in. I've heard the cops make arguments that it wasn't legal, but I thought they were just bluffing. What the fuck is wrong with this country? They are public servants. They operate in the public arena. They have their own fucking cameras running all the time. (except when they are beating someone to death for no apparent reason). If anyone needs more cameras on them, it is these unbelievably brutal, mindless creatures that we call the police. More people need to be aware of what is happening. So again, please don't delete this thread. (not that I really think you would).