PDA

View Full Version : The Kai The Hitchhiker Saga

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 04:50 PM
This story is crazy. Watch this interview with a hitchhiker who claims to have killed a murderer and a rapist.

Viral Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHmnpFEVWIU

Kai goes on to become a web phenom and goes on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Then today he is wanted for murdering a lawyer. According to Kai's facebook page the lawyer drugged and raped him

From Philly.com: (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/Kai_the_Hitchhiker_an_internet_sensation_wanted_fo r_murder_in_NJ.html)

A self-described "homefree" hitchhiker, who became a viral sensation on the Internet in February, is wanted for murder in New Jersey.

YouTube viewers know him as "Kai, the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker." He became an instant star after he said he saved the life of a woman from a homicidal man who believed he was Jesus. His interview with with a Fresno television reporter turned him into a celebrity.

Today, officials in Union County said Kai, whose real name Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, is wanted in the bludgeoning death of a North Jersey attorney. Kai, 24, is also known as Kai Lawrence, Caleb Kai Lawrence and Kai Nicodemus. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Kai allegedly met the attorney in New York City near Times Square. A surveillance camera captured images of their encounter. The men later went back to the older man's house, officials said.

In a post made Tuesday to his Facebook page, Kai claims he was raped.

what would you do if you woke up with a groggy head, metallic taste in your mouth, in a strangers house... walked to the mirror and seen ... dripping from the side of your face from your mouth, and started wretching, realizing that someone had drugged, raped...? what would you do?

According to Union County officials, he was last seen at a PATCO stop in Haddonfield.
At a press conference on Wednesday, officials said Kai had reached out to some fans in South Jersey. Those fans dropped him off on Tuesday at the train station. He told them he was first heading to Philadelphia and then going to see a girlfriend in Georgia.

PATCO officials said they had no knowledge of the suspect at one of their stations.

In an effort to avoid detection, officials said, Kai has cut his hair. He also sports a recently acquired facial tattoo.
Attorney Joseph Galfy was found unresponsive Monday in his Clark, NJ, home. An autopsy revealed he died of blunt force trauma, according to the Union County Prosecutor’s office.

In early February, Kai told KMPH-TV in Fresno, that he was a passenger riding in an Oldsmobile when the driver snapped and drove into an electric company worker “because he was black.”

According to Kai, the man said “I come to realize I’m Jesus Christ and I can do anything if I want.”

When bystanders rushed to the worker's aid, the man, who Kai described as a "fat, rich white guy" to Jimmy Kimmel, began to crush one of them. Kai said he feared he would snap the woman’s neck.

“So I ran up behind him with a hatchet and Smash! Smash! SUH-MASH!,” he told KMPH.

“That woman was in danger. He had just finished what looked like at the time, killing somebody and if I hadn’t done that he would have killed more people.”

From the L.A. Times: (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-kai-hatchet-wielding-hitchhiker-murder-20130516,0,1075978.story)

The Union County homicide task force has a murder warrant for the arrest of McGillvary,a homeless drifter, in the slaying of attorney Joseph Galfy in Clark, N.J.

Galfy was found dead Monday inside his home on Starlite Drive when officers made a welfare check, Union County prosecutors spokesman John Holl said.

An autopsy determined Galfty died of blunt force trauma.

Holl said he could not reveal how the hitchhiker was tied to the lawyer's killing.

McGillvary, also known as Kai Lawrence, Caleb Kai Lawrence and Kai Nicodemus, usually wears his hair long and shaggy and may have cut it off to avoid being identified, prosecutors said.

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Bump!

fr33
05-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't want to believe it :(

brushfire
05-16-2013, 09:30 PM
my gosh... Who's next? Charles Ramsey?

Bruno
05-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah, saw this earlier, very very sad turn here, for both. :(

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Now he has been arrested. This is fishy.

Watch the video first!

He was celebrated as a hero for a few months for taking the law into his own hands and now he's charged with a murder in an unrelated case.

fr33
05-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I could see the potential for something like this happening whether he was raped or whatever. He gains all this fame and people want to party with him. The drugs are free and shit....

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I could see the potential for something like this happening whether he was raped or whatever. He gains all this fame and people want to party with him. The drugs are free and shit....

So bizarre. Seemed like such a good soul from that interview.

People were swooning.

Icymudpuppy
05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
The guy is an axe murderer. He likely invents and initiates these scenarios to give himself an opportunity to kill so it looks like heroism or self defense.

Weston White
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Well, in that hatchet interview he seemed a bit mentally unstable.

Also there are other news reports alleging that his cell-phone records/ping-tracking show him in the area around the time of the presumed murder; and moreover, in the area during the times of other unsolved murders. (Might he actually be a natural born killer?)

Additionally, this coming about now is going severely call into question the criminal case for the hatchet incident that made him so famous (e.g., he might have been involved in aiding that incident).

Oh and there was some attorney arguing that he might be craving attention so he committed this murder to get back into the news again (at least on some subconscious level).

bolil
05-16-2013, 10:28 PM
If his account is true, I consider the world improved by exactly two perverts.

VoluntaryAmerican
05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
The guy is an axe murderer. He likely invents and initiates these scenarios to give himself an opportunity to kill so it looks like heroism or self defense.

The first scenario seemed legitimate...

But yeah, in one of his interviews he talked about his childhood and it seemed like he may have been raped or abused as a child.. so who knows what happened in this instance, but there is a dark past to this guy..

Such a shame.

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 10:44 PM

He could have pulled the trucker's wheel into the utility worker and then brained him with the ax.

Hope not.

The Northbreather
05-16-2013, 10:47 PM
BAN!http://www.sharpeningshack.net/images/eastwing%20hatchet.jpg

talkingpointes
05-17-2013, 12:00 AM
He is now being arrested for murder this morning. He killed his lawyer.

Tinnuhana
05-17-2013, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXw0LWcp22Y