PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Tactics Against AP Raise Concerns For The New York Times

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
When Attorney General Eric Holder took reporters' questions Tuesday afternoon, several asked about the Justice Department’s sweeping seizure of Associated Press phone records, a move condemned by prominent journalists, media outlets and civil liberties advocates.

New York Times reporter Charlie Savage had a different question for Holder, who had just announced he'd recused himself from the AP leak investigation. "Are you also recused from the Stuxnet investigation out of Maryland?" Savage asked. Holder declined to comment, as the Times noted in Tuesday's story. The DOJ also didn't comment on that other leak investigation to the Times for a Monday story on the AP seizure. Times reporters had asked "whether a similar step was taken" in the secretly obtaining journalists records in the Maryland investigation.

The Times has reason to be concerned about whether investigators are using similar tactics. The Maryland case is believed to be focused on Times chief Washington correspondent David Sanger’s reporting on how the U.S. and Israel helped derail Iran’s nuclear program through cyberattacks. Sanger’s June scoop, along with the Times’ front-page article on Obama’s terrorist “kill list,” spurred Congressional calls to investigate the leaks of classified information.

Journalists have long feared a chilling effect resulting from the Obama administration's unprecedented number of prosecutions in leak cases. The seizure of two months worth of AP journalists phone records has only heightened concerns as the Maryland case continues...

more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/doj-new-york-times-ap_n_3280392.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

h/t dailypaul

oyarde
05-16-2013, 12:14 AM
I will offer $2.50 in silver halves for the New York Times , if they accept , I will gift it to you Sailing, in exchange for a shrimp dinner sometime , lol

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 12:32 AM
I will offer $2.50 in silver halves for the New York Times , if they accept , I will gift it to you Sailing, in exchange for a shrimp dinner sometime , lol

I saw a video where a guy was giving away a copper Ron Paul round and a buffalo nickle to everyone who bought whatever else he was selling (I don't remember what it was.) The rounds seemed more valuable in the trade than the product.

oyarde
05-16-2013, 12:36 AM
I saw a video where a guy was giving away a copper Ron Paul round and a buffalo nickle to everyone who bought whatever else he was selling (I don't remember what it was.) The rounds seemed more valuable in the trade than the product.

Well ,if you can pick up an ounce copper round in bulk, say, slightly more than $1 a pc and pick up some nice 1930's nickels for 70 to 90 cents ea, it costs you a couple bucks to make a sale and everyone will remember your product . Sounds like a winner.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2013, 12:39 AM
LOL @ The most open and transparent presidency ever.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Times chief Washington correspondent David Sanger’s reporting on how the U.S. and Israel helped derail Iran’s nuclear program through cyberattacks. Sanger’s June scoop, along with the Times’ front-page article on Obama’s terrorist “kill list,” spurred Congressional calls to investigate the leaks of classified information.

What's wrong with this writing?

hint:
"spurred Congressional calls to investigate the leaks of classified information."

How about spurred Congress to get to the bottom of why this BS is going on in the first place????

-t

Anti Federalist
05-16-2013, 12:54 AM

hint:
"spurred Congressional calls to investigate the leaks of classified information."

How about spurred Congress to get to the bottom of why this BS is going on in the first place????

-t

Not concerned with kill lists.

Just concerned the info leaked.

Still just a tad too early.

Might spook the Mundanes into a stampede.

Probably way too late to be effective, but it would gum up their plans.

In another ten years, the extra judicial killings will be weekly, maybe daily events, hardly warranting what will pass for a headline.

tangent4ronpaul
05-16-2013, 01:11 AM

hint:

-t

I'm troubled a lot more by the "kill list" (especially if it contains the names of American citizens) than I am about the cyber attacks. Whoever did the latter, did a real pro job. Nice work guys and gals!

-t

jmdrake
05-16-2013, 04:37 AM
Obama is officially now worse than Nixon. And yet I still know people who defend him and think "They (the republicans) just don't want him to succeed." :( very :(