PDA

View Full Version : The writer's strike is hurting us...

aroberso
11-25-2007, 09:28 PM
It occurred to me that the place where RP might get the fairest shake of all is on shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, even the Dem show on HBO (his name escapes me).

I really hope those guys get back soon!

constituent
11-25-2007, 09:29 PM
naaah. this is gold for us.

it's just been slow due to the holiday...

but people need their entertainment....

so... step up to the plate aroberso.

Kap
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
It's hurting me. I want to find out what happens in Prison Break already!

Ibgamer
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Its good, with no TV people dwell on the internet where we rule

Flirple
11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Some of the democrats that where scheduled to go on "The View" have canceled because they don't want to offend the labor unions by crossing the picket lines. Ron Paul is said to be going on the view perhaps in early Dec. I hope the strike will not change his plans as I hope he goes on the show so he can use the appearance as a teachable moment to talk about union myths.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
it's all gonna be replaced by relaity tv, we might end up with some RTV following the primaries which would be golden

terryhamel
11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Writer's union supporters are prime Ron Paul supporters. If anyone is near them, please make a meetup event and make sure these guys are onboard - they're out in the open where we can see them!

CoreyBowen999
11-27-2007, 06:34 AM
It's hurting me. I want to find out what happens in Prison Break already!

I KNOW! I love that show:p

AMBurns
11-27-2007, 06:44 AM
I believe that The Hollywood Writers Strike (WGA Strike) is the latest "accident" in favor of the Ron Paul Campaign.

Think about it. America's favorite passed time (television) will rapidly turn into reruns, reality and contest shows in the hope that the void left by the departing writers can be salvaged. This will only keep the populous happy for so long. People will be forced to turn to some new form of entertainment, because of this I believe politics will again return to the forefront of the minds of Americans.

What is more exciting than a contest deciding the leader of the free world? The only reason its popularity fell out of vogue in the first place was because of the ready availability of "leave your brain at the door" television shows and entertainment mixed with a dash of voter apathy. Most people don't want to come home from a 10 hour work day, sit on the couch then have to strain themselves to farther than necessary to pass the time and be entertained. People want to come home, eat dinner, and watch something that takes them away from how boring their lives really are, but soon there won't be much of a choice.

No matter when the strike ends, new episodes are going to be stuck in limbo for at least another 6 months while writers get back into their groove and production companies rehire crews and staff for their return. This will be plenty enough time for America to get hooked on politics.

Once America actually sits down and gives each of the candidates in the field a good look they'll see that there is only one who is up to the job of leading our nation.

Because of this and many other coincidences Ron Paul will become the 44th President of the United States.

PS - I work in the film and television industry, internally we are already feeling it happen, before long it will go nationwide.

Channing
11-27-2007, 07:04 AM
This is actually good. Hopefully less people will now subject themselves to the brainwash programming of TV.

RonPaulCult
11-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey how about writing to the Leno people and ask them to show the Ron Paul episode again????

Allen72289
01-13-2008, 08:07 AM
We need to inform the protesters on how monetary policy is screwing them over.

BYE BYE, FED!

bobmurph
01-13-2008, 08:11 AM
it's all gonna be replaced by relaity tv, we might end up with some RTV following the primaries which would be golden

I think they're maxxed out w/ reality shows. Looks like CBS is going to start airing Showtime's Dexter...great show!