PDA

View Full Version : THE NEEDED DEBATE - RUDY VS RON - 1 on 1

walt
11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
How do we make this happen? :):confused::)

ClayTrainor
11-25-2007, 09:29 PM
It won't... Rudy knows he'd lose, and lose bad. It would not be in his best interests to go 1 on 1 with Ron paul

walt
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
That is why the challenge must go out, even if he whimps out, Ron wins for making the challenge - there is no downside. :D

PatriotOne
11-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I agree. Snakes like Rudy don't like to be confronted by truths. Rudy is much better off by keeping his mouth shut and hoping name recognition, his bogus polls, his Fox News Network, will carry the day for him. And if all that doesn't work out for him, there's always electronic voting machines.

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
The Ron Paul campaign could publicly challenge him though. I don't think that is how they operate, but hypothetically if the Ron paul campaign put out a press release challenging to debate Rudy one on one, that would be great in my opinion. Put the ball in Rudy's court to have to turn down the offer.

jake
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
the Paul campaign should, each week, challenge every single Republican candidate to a 1on1 debate. if they decline, the result would only be positive, if they accept, Paul will dominate.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I think this would be stupid, they shouldn't fight directly, the debate platform is more civil and will come off better with the public.

In the general elections one on one debates work, but at the point it is an all out fight. To challenge someone in the primaies might come off bad.

jake
11-25-2007, 09:39 PM
well it would be a debate, not a "fight" - and it's what democracy is all about

mavtek
Call Hannity and beg him to tell Rudy to do it. They are butt buddies you know, whoops I mean oh you know. Seriously call him with your best New York accent, tell him you're tired of all the Paulies out there! Tell Sean to tell Rudy to take on Paul one and one and smack him down once and for all.

There you go, use their own egos against them.

walt
The Ron Paul campaign could publicly challenge him though. I don't think that is how they operate, but hypothetically if the Ron paul campaign put out a press release challenging to debate Rudy one on one, that would be great in my opinion. Put the ball in Rudy's court to have to turn down the offer.

It would be the follow up to Rudy's reading assignments last May. That is what made this campaign what it was - they underdog challenging based on ideas.

Let us return to our purpose and area of strength.

Everyone in South Carolina (SC) that sees Ron - ask Ron to challenge Rudy directly to a debate on Wednesday.

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Imagine the following:

1) The Ron Paul campaign puts out a press release requesting a 1 on 1 debate with Rudy Giuliani in New Hampshire or Iowa. The debate would be one on one and would be televised by PBS or CSPAN. And Ron Paul goes on national news TV challenging Rudy to accept the challenge.
2) Rudy would be forced to either

a) Publicly turn down the challenge, or
b) Accept.

Either outcome is a win for the Ron Paul campaign.

Kap
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Suddenly I see the image of Ron Paul carrying a stake and cross to destroy the evil and vampirc Ghoulani. Once destroyed sunlight returns to the land of liberty and all is well.

Ron Paul would make a kick ass Van Helsing.

lbadragan
11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
The media will be interviewing Ron Paul after the Rudy's Reading List money bomb... it would be the perfect opportunity for Paul to challenge Rudy on national television.

Delaware
11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I think that Huckabee could debate Ron not because he is so well defined on his topics, but because with the eloquence with which he speaks. I dont think anyone else except for possibly McCain could on the republican side.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
RP I just don't think that follows his image to challenge people

walt
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
RP I just don't think that follows his image to challenge people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGHey7anhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhjfuBYw8Ko

born2drv
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
something like this could happen, but only after IA and NH, when Thompson, McCain, Tancredo, Hunter drop out.....

the only way something like this would happen now is if there was like a million man march of people demanding a debate....

me3
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Reagan challenged Bush to a debate in NH iirc. Reagan had to pay for it, and then got pressured to add more candidates.

That's when he issued his famous, "I paid for this microphone!" and rolled through the primaries after that. It was his big moment.

robertwerden
11-25-2007, 10:24 PM
this is a debate that will disgust voters. No one wants to see infighting. Rudy is a Democrat in Republican clothes, and he will never change his warped mind. He simply needs to be made to continue to think he is winning until we all vote for Ron.

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
this is a debate that will disgust voters. No one wants to see infighting. Rudy is a Democrat in Republican clothes, and he will never change his warped mind. He simply needs to be made to continue to think he is winning until we all vote for Ron.

I respectfully disagree.

the debate in which Ron called Rudy out and made "blow back" a much more commonly understood phrase, was a turning point in waking up some of the pro-war neocons to begin thinking for themselves.

What we need is more of that, not less.

OptionsTrader
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Reagan challenged Bush to a debate in NH iirc. Reagan had to pay for it, and then got pressured to add more candidates.

That's when he issued his famous, "I paid for this microphone!" and rolled through the primaries after that. It was his big moment.

good point!

1980 - Ronald Reagan "I paid for this microphone"
http://clients.bn24.com/portals/NHPL/

austin356
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
A better idea would be to set something up with Hannity. Thats our only chance to get anywhere near Rudy.

kotetu
11-25-2007, 11:38 PM
It won't happen until Huck, Fred, Mitt, and John drop out. Rudy is a sleazy, lizard-like coward.

I take that back. That is an insult to cowards, lizards, and even sleeze.

Brian Bailey
11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
If November 30th is big then this will happen naturally when the media starts getting involved.

AggieforPaul
11-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Count me in the minority, but I dont think RP comes out looking good if they all decline. The media will just spin this as the fringe candidate desperately trying to garner attention by engaging the front runners. It will reinforce the beliefs of those who think Rudy is the leader of the party, not challenge them.

American
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Since we havent been getting out unbiased opinion is the blogoshere I dont think RP would fair well. Rudy is selling the still believed fallacy of the imminent terrorist threat and complete bullshit.

Ron Paul tells the truth on everything but its still not popular opinion.

We need to blog like mad and post these links here to get traffic...Doesnt anyone know who the google rankings work. It goes by traffic, Blog, post the links here, we comment it shows up in a google search. but the blogs have to be from something other then "ILOVERONPAUL.COM"

Remember our signs, "Google Ron Paul" what are you all thinking? This is so simple and we are losing this opportunity.

=\

AggieforPaul
11-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Even though Rudy's crap may be widely believed, I still dont think he could win a one on one debate. There's a reason he didnt follow up after Ron Paul went on Blitzer and pointed out that the explanation Ghoul derided as the "most ridiculous explanation he had ever heard" was taken straight from the 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT!