PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to be a cop to be called a Hero?

aGameOfThrones
05-15-2013, 12:31 AM
DENVER (AP) — A teacher removed a suspicious package left inside a northern Colorado school that was later determined to be an active explosive, authorities said Tuesday.

However, police in Lafayette were cautious about calling the teacher a hero.

"That would not be a recommended protocol for the safety of the person carrying it," police Cmdr. Gene McCausey said. "Whether it was a smart thing to do or the teacher's a hero, that would be left up to the reader."

Still, he said, "If my kid was in that school I would be very thankful that he or she removed it for safety."

The name of the teacher was not released.

Police arrested a 16-year-old boy after the apparent pipe bomb prompted the evacuation of Centaurus High School on Monday. He was taken into custody at his home, where investigators said they found additional evidence.

His name was not released because he is a juvenile.

http://news.yahoo.com/teacher-removes-explosive-colorado-school-183514618.html

DamianTV
05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Cops are not heroes. Heroes dont demand paychecks for putting themselves in harms way.

bolil
05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Can be a pig or a marine/sailor/soldier/wetf they call airforce people to attain such a designation.

phill4paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

oyarde
I really do not know any enforcement officers, but have known a few " heros " .....

DamianTV
05-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Real Heroes do the right thing not to become a hero or revel in being praised with the title and other rewards, but for the sake of doing the right thing in the first place.

Weston White
05-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Bounce!

I am not a hero.

A hero fights against injustice.

A hero sacrifices for the good of man.

He unites, uplifts and inspires.

I am not a hero. It's my house.

I don't wanna raise your kids.

I don't even like kids.

-- “Celtic Pride”