PDA

View Full Version : IL-Dog shot in drug raid.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2013, 10:15 PM
McHenry woman questions why dog shot in drug raid

By CHELSEA McDOUGALL - cmcdougall@shawmedia.com

Created: Monday, May 13, 2013 11:53 a.m. CDT

http://www.nwherald.com/2013/05/10/mchenry-woman-questions-why-dog-shot-in-drug-raid/aixi9b7/

McHENRY – To Liz Koch, Buck was a 127-pound gentle giant. But to police who arrested her, the German shepherd-Rottweiler mix was a threat.

Police shot and killed the dog while serving a warrant at Koch’s home in the 3300 block of South Woods Avenue near McHenry. Koch and two others were arrested after a drug raid.

Just after midnight April 24, officers from the North Central Narcotics Task Force issued a warrant to raid the home in unincorporated McHenry County.
Buck lunged at officers with his mouth open, said Bill Backus, director of the Narcotics Task Force.

“It’s certainly an action of last resort; it’s only if it’s absolutely necessary to prevent someone from being injured,” Backus said.

Koch, 46, was charged with possession of marijuana. Also charged was Jacob R. Goodman, 23, of the same address, with possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

A third person, Roberto Jasso-Gonzalez, 30, also of McHenry, was charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Koch said police acted recklessly, and it was unnecessary to shoot Buck.

“I got there just in time to see them shoot my dog three times,” she said. “… I was in shock. I just busted out in tears, and all I could say was, ‘You just shot my dog.’

“They carry Mace or Tasers; there was no reason [for officers to] kill him.”
Backus could not confirm how many times the dog was shot, but said two officers shot simultaneously.

“It’s not a good day when this action has to be taken,” he said.

DamianTV
05-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Eventually, the Govt will come for both your Guns AND your Dogs. Since Dogs arent afforded the same protections under the Constitution, they may actually be coming after your Dogs first. Cop Shoots Dog thread is absolute evidence of this happening right in front of our eyes.

We are are expected to be dependant on the Govt to provide you the Illusion of Safety with zero guarantee of it.