PDA

View Full Version : Abortion Doctor Gosnell to Get Life in Prison

RonPaulFanInGA
05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14/convicted-pennsylvania-abortion-doctor-gets-life-in-prison/

Kermit Gosnell, the Philadelphia abortion doctor convicted of killing three babies, agreed to forfeit his right to an appeal and will get life in prison.

Smart3
05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't think this is really punishment for the man. He'll enjoy prison.

Antischism
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
As someone who's against the death penalty in all cases, that's fine.

Smart3
05-14-2013, 03:52 PM

I'm also, but shouldn't he suffer something special in this case? Perhaps only one meal a day?

ninepointfive
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm also, but shouldn't he suffer something special in this case? Perhaps only one meal a day?

maybe they should snip his neck with a tree pruner :eek:

enjerth
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
maybe they should snip his neck with a tree pruner :eek:

I don't really see him as a viable human life form. I mean, if we removed him from his natural habitat, the earth, he probably wouldn't survive very long without advanced scientific equipment. And you wouldn't have to cut his spinal cord.

But why are we here? I mean what got us to this point?

I believe that the sickening details of this case are not uncommon circumstances. The lie is that the unborn child is not a viable human life.

Life has the tendency to fight for survival. So much so that they have to kill the child before it crosses a certain legal threshold in order to keep the murder justified on paper.

When it crosses that arbitrary threshold it legally becomes murder, but it's really the same barbaric act. The bureaucratic threshold of life is just another paper fiction for the comfort of murderers.

amy31416
05-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I really do sometimes wish for someone to be dropped in the North Pole wearing only a bikini rather than being honored with a "life" sentence and having other people pay to sustain his life.

Antischism
05-14-2013, 04:10 PM

Eh, he'll have a lot of time alone to think about what he did, and perhaps in the future, find forgiveness somehow. If he's dead, he's simply asleep, and doesn't have to live with what he did nor does he get the chance to find said forgiveness. I find that this need to want to kill him, hurt him or make him suffer comes from a very angry, vengeful place. A life suffering one's conscience is worse than a quick death.

brushfire
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
May his rectum be distended, shared amongst the prison filth, and may he pray for hell, each and every day he remains alive...

Adiue, you POS...

Warlord
05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.newbernsj.com/polopoly_fs/1.128932.1366318284!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_445/0419-guilty-tag.jpg

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/green_sparky.jpg

Not Happy..

Warlord
05-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Send him to Afghanistan. I want to see his rotten flesh burn then we'll eat his innards.

Christian Liberty
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM

You know, as a pragmatic matter, I've become more anti-death penalty, at least the way its done, because I don't want to waste taxpayer dollars on an expensive appeal system, and I DEFINITELY don't want innocent people facing the ultimate punishment.

That said, this is a TEXTBOOK CASE of a man deserving execution. This man is a serial killer that would make Ted Bundy blush. This man has murdered over a hundred thousand children. Even if he were "Innocent" of what they technically say he did, he's still a mass murder. In fact, I can't advocate it, and there are consequences for dishing out justice in this way, but this is a textbook case where vigilante justice should be completely permissible.

This guy is so obviously guilty and so obviously deserves death that it just isn't worth the sham. This is the kind of case where we should be able to say "OK, that other guy got life because even though there's no reasonable doubt that he did it, there's still some doubt. This guy, we're going to drag him right out of the courtroom and administer the firing squad right now because we know he's guilty."

jclay2
05-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Eh, he'll have a lot of time alone to think about what he did, and perhaps in the future, find forgiveness somehow. If he's dead, he's simply asleep, and doesn't have to live with what he did nor does he get the chance to find said forgiveness. I find that this need to want to kill him, hurt him or make him suffer comes from a very angry, vengeful place. A life suffering one's conscience is worse than a quick death.

Although I am against the death penalty (100% out of my fear of the state), I think there is something to be said about the finality of a judgement and retribution for especially egregious crimes like the ones committed by Gosnell. In addition, I think that victims could and the public in general can move on easier.

But all of that is hypothetical. Like I said, I am more concerned with our especially tyrannical government then someone getting appropriate justice.

Warlord
05-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm against the death penalty at the Federal level but not at the state level.

DO you think we'd give that son of a bitch Karzai that kind of power?

If your state government becomes tyrannical it's not my problem!

Christian Liberty
05-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Although I am against the death penalty (100% out of my fear of the state), I think there is something to be said about the finality of a judgement and retribution for especially egregious crimes like the ones committed by Gosnell. In addition, I think that victims could and the public in general can move on easier.

But all of that is hypothetical. Like I said, I am more concerned with our especially tyrannical government then someone getting appropriate justice.

This is why vigilantes are useful, they can deal with scum like Gosnell without impowering the state.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I think he's more being sent to jail for "illegally" doing an abortion, not for killing a child. You need the government's permission to kill obviously.

DamianTV
05-14-2013, 06:21 PM
I think he's more being sent to jail for "illegally" doing an abortion, not for killing a child. You need the government's permission to kill obviously.

+Rep

---

Murder a citizen of another country with a nuke or a tank: OK by Govt.
Abortion: NOT OK by Govt!

Murder of an innocent citizen in another country: Govt calls that Collateral Damage
Telling a woman what they can and can not do with their own body when democratically opposed by citizens of their own country: NOT OK by Govt.

Indefinitely Imprisoning the citizen of another country without any form of a Trial: OK by Govt.
Claiming that a womans body is NOT the Property of the US Govt: NOT OK by Govt.

Welcome to Democracy where everyone claims ownership over everything except themselves. I am NOT the property of the People, and will do with my body as I like, and (if I were a female) and intended on having an abortion, because my body is my own property, NO ONE gets to tell me what I can and can not do with it, including have an abortion.

Making Abortion Illegal will only create a black market for it, but most certainly will NOT get rid of it, or even lessen it by any means. Please quit trying to claim that my body (again, if I were female) is subject to your approval.

James Madison
05-14-2013, 06:30 PM
This is why vigilantes are useful, they can deal with scum like Gosnell without impowering the state.

Better make sure you've got a funny outfit and a tin badge so you can at least look the part.

Christian Liberty
05-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Better make sure you've got a funny outfit and a tin badge so you can at least look the part.

LOL! +1. Seriously though, I'm not brave enough to do this. But I commend brave people like Scott Roeder who were brave enough to drive scum like George Tiller off this planet...

Welcome to Democracy where everyone claims ownership over everything except themselves. I am NOT the property of the People, and will do with my body as I like, and (if I were a female) and intended on having an abortion, because my body is my own property, NO ONE gets to tell me what I can and can not do with it, including have an abortion.

Making Abortion Illegal will only create a black market for it, but most certainly will NOT get rid of it, or even lessen it by any means. Please quit trying to claim that my body (again, if I were female) is subject to your approval.

You own yourself. You do not own the child in the womb. You do not have a right to kill another human being. If you did indeed "Have an abortion" (Which is really just codeword for "Murder your child and make it sound better") you should truly be charged with murder.

sailingaway
05-14-2013, 06:33 PM
real life in prison or 'life which means eight years then parole' life in prison?

--]
edit, ok no parole. And they are right that he would probably have died of old age before his appeals ran out if he got death sentence.

Brett85
05-14-2013, 06:36 PM
The death penalty probably wouldn't do any good with this guy anyway since he's 73. He would probably be dead before his execution date.

Christian Liberty
05-14-2013, 06:43 PM
The death penalty probably wouldn't do any good with this guy anyway since he's 73. He would probably be dead before his execution date.

This probably makes me a bad person, but I Hope So...

I forget where I got the estimate, but his actual murder count is allegedly closer to 100,000. Most of them were just "Legal" abortions.