PDA

View Full Version : The New Hampshire GOP's 1st Annual Liberty Dinner- SOLD OUT!

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks to Rand Paul, the NHGOP's 1st Annual Liberty Dinner SOLD OUT! Yes, the NHGOP copied the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (http://nhliberty.org/) in naming the event. That didn't matter to the people of New Hampshire. They bought tickets and bought tickets until the event sold out.

1st Annual Liberty Dinner- SOLD OUT!!
5/20/2013
6:00p

Special Guests Senator Rand Paul & Chairman Reince Priebus

Monday May 20th
At
6:00 PM

The Grappone Center
70 Constitution Ave
Concord, NH 03301

Chairman’s Circle: Contribute/Raise $1,000. 2 VIP tickets to exclusive Chairman’s Circle Roundtable Event, 2 VIP tickets to private pre-dinner reception, 1 picture and 10 tickets (table) to Liberty Dinner
Event Host: Contribute/Raise $500. 2 tickets to VIP pre-dinner reception, 1 picture, 5 tickets to Liberty Dinner
Event Leader: Contribute/Raise $250. 4 tickets to Liberty Dinner
Tickets: $75/person

This event is now SOLD OUT. Thank you for your support for the NHGOP.
Questions please call 603-225-9341
http://nhgop.org/events/detail/5291

Warlord
05-14-2013, 07:20 AM
If Ayotte caves in on expanding background checks then the NH GOP will quite frankly lose all credibility.

They better tell her not to do it.

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 07:25 AM
If Ayotte caves in on expanding background checks then the NH GOP will quite frankly lose all credibility.

They better tell her not to do it.
Obviously Ayotte is just 1 person so your comment doesn't make any sense. Additionally, Ayotte has been a big surprise. As the NH AG, she was anti-gun. It is surprising that she has been 1 of the best Senators in the US. She has been very good on gun votes on Congress. I'm quite impressed. She is much better now than she was a few years ago.

As a leader of the NHGOP, I can fully say that the NHGOP has lots of credibility. Many, many of us are liberty folks. Leaders of the NHGOP spoke at Liberty Forum (including the chair). Members of the NHGOP will speak at Porcfest.

Rocco
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Ayotte has chosen to align herself politically with McCain and Graham, the importance of that cannot be underestimated. I would love to see her primaried.

Obviously Ayotte is just 1 person so your comment doesn't make any sense. Additionally, Ayotte has been a big surprise. As the NH AG, she was anti-gun. It is surprising that she has been 1 of the best Senators in the US. She has been very good on gun votes on Congress. I'm quite impressed. She is much better now than she was a few years ago.

As a leader of the NHGOP, I can fully say that the NHGOP has lots of credibility. Many, many of us are liberty folks. Leaders of the NHGOP spoke at Liberty Forum (including the chair). Members of the NHGOP will speak at Porcfest.

compromise
05-14-2013, 07:41 AM

Maybe on guns, but she's been no surprise on fiscal issues or foreign aid.

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Ayotte has chosen to align herself politically with McCain and Graham, the importance of that cannot be underestimated. I would love to see her primaried.
You want to see 1 of the least bad Senators in the US primaried? I don't blame you. Almost all of the Senators in the US are very anti-liberty. Though, since there are 100s of more important elections in NH, I'm not going to bother with the effort. This thread isn't about her, though. It is about how folks are so excited in NH about Rand Paul that the big event he is tied to sold out. Way to go Rand Paul!

ItsTime
05-14-2013, 07:47 AM
See you there.

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Maybe on guns, but she's been no surprise on fiscal issues or foreign aid.
I agree. She is in the top 10 in the US on fiscal issues. That isn't just me talking. Look it up. Check out Club for Growth. I'm glad that she lead the Senate in working against the Internet Sales tax. I'm glad she along with Rand Paul, is working to audit the Pentagon. I'm glad she voted to audit the FED. She is terrible on civil rights and foreign policy but near the top on fiscal issues, and because of they, she has 1 of the best voting records.

I'm not against people primarying every Senator in the US, including her. But since there are 1000s of more important elections, I don't see the urgent need for it. More importantly, this thread isn't about her. It is about Rand Paul. Yes, they work together a lot but they aren't the same person.

Rocco
05-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Very true Keith, it is extremely exciting to see Rand's appeal in the first primary state. Hopefully we'll be able to overcome the gap we had with Romney and win NH in 2016!

You want to see 1 of the least bad Senators in the US primaried? I don't blame you. Almost all of the Senators in the US are very anti-liberty. Though, since there are 100s of more important elections in NH, I'm not going to bother with the effort. This thread isn't about her, though. It is about how folks are so excited in NH about Rand Paul that the big event he is tied to sold out. Way to go Rand Paul!

FSP-Rebel
05-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Gary Lambert, the GOP congressional candidate for NH #2, tweeted yesterday that this was sold out. I retweeted and replied
https://twitter.com/8Atlas2/status/333969771408261120

Aratus
05-14-2013, 09:26 AM
i'm starting to think that if rand runs in '16 he sweeps the n.h gop primary even if iowa becomes a two way or three way tie. odds are s.c makes or
breaks him by doug wead's rules. if he then goes the total distance like doctor ron paul, he may get 1/3 to 1/2 the gop delegates, this is a good sign.

compromise
05-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I agree. She is in the top 10 in the US on fiscal issues. That isn't just me talking. Look it up. Check out Club for Growth. I'm glad that she lead the Senate in working against the Internet Sales tax. I'm glad she along with Rand Paul, is working to audit the Pentagon. I'm glad she voted to audit the FED. She is terrible on civil rights and foreign policy but near the top on fiscal issues, and because of they, she has 1 of the best voting records.

I'm not against people primarying every Senator in the US, including her. But since there are 1000s of more important elections, I don't see the urgent need for it. More importantly, this thread isn't about her. It is about Rand Paul. Yes, they work together a lot but they aren't the same person.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/kelly-ayotte--the-unknown-superstar/2011/12/13/gIQANJhnsO_blog.html

Her immediate concern is the possible defense sequestration, which would result in $600 billion in cuts on top of the $400 billion President Obama already wrung out of former Defense Secretary Robert Gates. She finds the prospect of sequestration unfathomable. If the sequestration goes through, she says, the U.S. navy would be as small as it was in 1914, the U.S. would have the “smallest ground forces since 1940,” and the smallest air force size as well. She announced, together with Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), Marco Rubio, Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), she would be “working on an alternative to sequestration.” She promised that “this week we will put forth legislation” that finds cuts elsewhere in the budget.

The Senate also reached agreement in the Defense authorization bill on treatment of detainees. Ayotte was alarmed when in conversation with military officials it became clear there was “great operational uncertainty” as to what the U.S. would do if a terrorist was captured on foreign soil. Under the agreement, there is a presumption that military detention would be the rule for foreign combatants. In fielding an question from the audience, she said this is a confirmation of longstanding law.

Ayotte put the issues in a larger context: “Are we at war or aren’t we?” She contends the administration comes out in favor of criminalizing war fighting. “As a former attorney general,” she said, “I have the greatest respect for the criminal justice system. But it is not good at intelligence gathering.” Would the president veto the bill, as he has threatened from time to time? She said, “I dare him to.” After all, there was broad bipartisan support for the bill.

In Ayotte’s view, “the overriding theme” of the administration has been to ignore the advice of military commanders. She cites Iraq, where commanders had requested a force of 14,000, and Afghanistan, where the president seems bent on drawing down forces. She is particularly concerned that Obama intends to pursue further troop reductions in Afghanistan in 2012. She said, “Afghanistan is ground zero. Do we want that country to be a safe haven for al-Qaeda?”

In an interview after her talk, I asked her if Republicans had adequately informed the public about the need to spend enough money to maintain U.S. defenses. “We need to do a much better job on two fronts,” she said. She argued that conservatives who care about a strong national defense need to explain “the implications of an isolationist view.” Ayotte said Republicans must remind the public that if U.S. defense forces erode, when we need to go into battle again, U.S. troops will pay the price.

She also criticized the cheap political points scored on threatening to cut foreign aid. “It is less than one percent of the total budget,” she says. And in her book, the return on investment is excellent.

Ayotte's CFG scorecard from last year:
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/projects/scorecard/?year=2012&chamber=1&state=Any&party=Any&memberName=
Tied with Graham.

I don't support an attempt to primary her, mainly because it would be impossible. But her and Rubio (and possibly Cotton too, if he runs) are the two single biggest threats to the liberty movement in the Senate, given their combination of internationalist views, popularity with the conservative base and relative youth. Rubio's recently showcased his low intellect and somewhat discredited himself (at least for the next few months until everyone forgets) - it's very likely Ayotte will take his place as the neoconservative presidential candidate of choice if he continues with the gaffes. If not, Ayotte will endorse Rubio in 2016 and will campaign for him in New Hampshire.

I don't know why people on here are so concerned about Ted Cruz, when there's 2 anti-Rand Kristolians in the Senate, one of whom is likely to run in 2016.

Keith and stuff
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't support an attempt to primary her, mainly because it would be impossible. But her and Rubio (and possibly Cotton too, if he runs) are the two single biggest threats to the liberty movement in the Senate, given their combination of internationalist views, popularity with the conservative base and relative youth. Rubio's recently showcased his low intellect and somewhat discredited himself (at least for the next few months until everyone forgets) - it's very likely Ayotte will take his place as the neoconservative presidential candidate of choice if he continues with the gaffes. If not, Ayotte will endorse Rubio in 2016 and will campaign for him in New Hampshire.

I don't know why people on here are so concerned about Ted Cruz, when there's 2 anti-Rand Kristolians in the Senate, one of whom is likely to run in 2016.

She has the 7th best scorecard at 92%. I agree she isn't the best Senator (perhaps around 7th best) but she isn't the worst. It is absurd to talk about primarying her. Why not primary the 90 Senators or whatever that are worse than her? Anyway, since almost no one in NH wants to primary her, why even bring this up in a completely unrelated thread about Rand Paul?

Aratus
05-14-2013, 09:56 AM
agreed. lets all stay focused and on topic. even reince priebus helped to sell tickets to the gop dinner...
but it looks like RAND is the reason why they all sold out... or we talk up some n.h politics in a big way...
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/politics/1004274-476/shaheen-looking-strong-in-bid-for-reelection.html as y'all here hash over a very recent n.h poll...
toss around the word masswhole... so do spare us some grief... if g.gomez possibly looses to e.markey...

compromise
05-14-2013, 10:14 AM
She has the 7th best scorecard at 92%. I agree she isn't the best Senator (perhaps around 7th best) but she isn't the worst. It is absurd to talk about primarying her. Why not primary that 90 Senators or whatever that are worse than her? Anyway, since almost no one in NH wants to primary her, why even bring this up in a completely unrelated thread about Rand Paul?

She's ranked tied 10th (2012) on there and tied 7th (lifetime). The scorecard is for last year, so DeMint is no longer in the Senate, but Cruz is a close enough equivalent and additionally there's two new "Tea Party" Senators, Flake and Scott, so she goes down by 2. At best she's about 9th, on fiscal issues alone. But on foreign policy alone, she's one of the most hawkish GOP Senators, probably the worst after Graham and McCain (at least Rubio supported the Brennan filibuster) and seems consistently eager for more intervention. She's genuinely devoted to her foreign policy ideology, unlike some other GOP Senators who go along to get along and would likely shift their positions if the wind changed. Again, I did not say I support primarying her. I believe Warlord initially brought up her name. However, it's fairly clear that Ayotte presents a threat to Rand and the liberty movement. Rand's at this dinner for a reason - he's campaigning for 2016. Ayotte will endorse an opponent, or even run against him. If the latter occurs, she poses a major threat in New Hampshire.

Aratus
05-14-2013, 10:18 AM
i've opined... as ed markey has some neat poll numbers... that scott brown was thinking of taking on sen. jeanne shaheen.
although i am a bayster who has lived 99.99% of my life inside our taxachusetts i can describe scott brown as a masswhole.

Aratus
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
someone try to convince me that reince priebus being part of the invite is the total reason these tickets went like hotcakes!

Bastiat's The Law
05-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Let's respect the OP's desire to keep this thread on focus. If you want to discuss Ayotte, create a new thread.

Keith and stuff
05-17-2013, 04:35 PM
So the NH Manchester Republican Committee had 2 left over tickets for a while but those also sold out. I wonder why?

Here is the politicial guru for WMUR's take on the subject.

UP

Rand Paul: His first trip to the state is on Monday and he is building a lot of buzz with it. This is in stark contrast to Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal whose trip to the state a week ago was forgotten by most people until the last minute before he arrived.

NH GOP: These national scandals are going to be helpful to Republicans on the local level. Plus, when was the last time a major dinner for the NHGOP sold out in advance?
http://www.wmur.com/political-scoop/political-standing-for-may-17-2013/-/16254890/20190742/-/1443nrd/-/index.html

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179963_10151583244594817_664324904_n.jpg

ItsTime
05-17-2013, 05:13 PM
NH GOP: These national scandals are going to be helpful to Republicans on the local level. Plus, when was the last time a major dinner for the NHGOP sold out in advance?

Warlord
05-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Shaheen is knee deep in this scandal. She called for the witch hunt in a letter last March.