PDA

View Full Version : #IfRonPaulWasPresident

Lindsey
05-13-2013, 05:17 PM
I've seen several tweets with this hashtag today. Who wants to help get #IfRonPaulWasPresident trending on twitter?

Some of the recent tweets:
Bernard King ‏@BernardKingIII 19m
Americans would remember what it was like not to live in fear of their own government #IfRonPaulWasPresident

Lucia ‏@libertas143
#IfRonPaulWasPresident I'd move to the U.S. at this instant! #unschooling #homeschooling #liberty <3

Bernard King ‏@BernardKingIII 8m
Intrade would still exist #IfRonPaulWasPresident

MAT BLANKENSHIP ‏@blairmatfleet 9m
#IfRonPaulWasPresident our money would be valuable.

Jybyrd ‏@jybyrd420 12m
#IfRonPaulWasPresident there wouldn't be an IRS to use as a political weapon. Oh, and no income tax either. #GOP, you had your chance. #tcot

Bernard King ‏@BernardKingIII 12m
The CIA would not be shipping Libyan weapons out of Benghazi to Syrian rebels #IfRonPaulWasPresident

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 06:19 PM
huh. If it has been going on, it may have passed its peak, but I'll give it a shot...

RickyJ
05-13-2013, 06:29 PM
How many tweets does it usually take to get a "trend" started?

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
well, I seem to have missed the moment...

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 06:32 PM
How many tweets does it usually take to get a "trend" started?

I don't know. It usually takes a group going for a while, maybe fifteen minutes before it starts to trend but with a bunch of people. There just aren't enough people because it wasn't planned, a couple people just spontaneously got fed up with government as it is, I guess.

Matt McGuire
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
#IfRonPaulWerePresident would be correct

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 06:54 PM

Yeah, but that wasn't what they were tweeting.... :p

Lindsey
05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah, it seemed to die around the time I posted here. My understanding is that "trending" is only partially related to the quantity of tweets. Coordinating timing counts for a lot, because something 'trends' based on a sudden uptick of activity level.

Lindsey
05-13-2013, 07:00 PM

That's one less character you can use for something else. :)

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it seemed to die around the time I posted here. My understanding is that "trending" is only partially related to the quantity of tweets. Coordinating timing counts for a lot, because something 'trends' based on a sudden uptick of activity level.

I wasn't aware of that. Filed for future use!

sailingaway
05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
It looks like this was trending for a while, and I blinked and missed it!

Alex Wickline ‏@Alex_Wickline 8m
I love how the hashtag #IfRonPaulWasPresident is trending even though it's incorrect grammar. #IfRonPaulWEREPresident

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23IfRonPaulWasPresident&src=hash

fr33
05-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Grammar is a bitch on twitter. Not enough room.

brooke499
05-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Tonight I watched Ron Paul's banned "Incredible Ron Paul Video" which I found on the Judicial Watch site.I watched it 3 times. Ron Paul ,that video was one of the
most POWERFUL ,amazing,POWERFUL,video's .I would encourage everyone on the forum to watch it.I would ask the moderator respectfully to make the
video available to the Liberty Forest Forums.
Ron Paul said "Idea's are very important to the shaping of society", I believe if THIS very video were to be reproduced with some updated revisions to this moment
in time,
it would send a even more POWERFUL message.I believe that video was meant for NOW.Our United States Government, our U.S.Constitution and Bill of rights,our Liberty and Freedom, under attack nearly everyday.We need this as a reminder.Thank-you Ron Paul!

sailingaway
05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Tonight I watched Ron Paul's banned "Incredible Ron Paul Video" which I found on the Judicial Watch site.I watched it 3 times. Ron Paul ,that video was one of the
most POWERFUL ,amazing,POWERFUL,video's .I would encourage everyone on the forum to watch it.I would ask the moderator respectfully to make the
video available to the Liberty Forest Forums.
Ron Paul said "Idea's are very important to the shaping of society", I believe if THIS very video were to be reproduced with some updated revisions to this moment
in time,
it would send a even more POWERFUL message.I believe that video was meant for NOW.Our United States Government, our U.S.Constitution and Bill of rights,our Liberty and Freedom, under attack nearly everyday.We need this as a reminder.Thank-you Ron Paul!

Welcome to the forums!

I think you have to post three times before you can post a link, so you need two more. Counting works.

I have seen banned Ron Paul videos before, not sure if I've seen this one.