PDA

View Full Version : FBI surrounds house of student following sightings of him w/ pressure cooker

green73
05-12-2013, 10:15 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/12/article-0-19BCFCF8000005DC-843_634x343.jpg

A Saudi student living in Michigan was questioned in his home by FBI agents after neighbours saw him carrying a pressure cooker and called the police.

Talal al Rouki had been cooking a traditional Saudi Arabian rice dish called kabsah and was carrying it to a friend's house.

According to reports in a Saudi newspaper on Friday, the FBI are increasingly vigilant about 'pressure cooker' home-made bombs after the Boston bombers used one to make an explosive.

The Saudi journal, Oukaz reported on the story of the Saudi student who had FBI agents come to his home, following a tip-off from neighbours that he was seen moving about with a pressure cooker bomb.

While armed agents surrounded his apartment block, other agents, asked a 'nervous' Mr al Rouki if they could come in to question him.

'They asked me about my major, when I arrived in the US and what I do in my spare time' he told the Saudi newspaper.

Officers said that two days earlier that a woman had seen him walking out of his apartment carrying the pressure cooker pot, which was described as ‘bullet coloured’.

The young student showed them his pressure cooker and explained to them he used to make a rice dish.

An FBI agent said: 'You need to be more careful moving around with such things, Sir'

Mr al Rouki has become a focus of attention now in the Saudi press.

According to reports in a Saudi newspaper, the FBI are increasingly vigilant about ‘pressure cooker’ home-made bombs and have a keen eye on Arabs who reside in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323316/FBI-surrounds-house-Saudi-student-following-sightings-pressure-cooker-pot-cooking-rice.html

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Jesus fucking Christ...we really have gone insane.

Fuck it, Imma gonna go get drunk, I can't stand it anymore.

HOLLYWOOD
05-12-2013, 10:19 AM
America: Open Air Prison with a general population of 315 Million

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 10:19 AM
'You need to be more careful moving around with such things, Sir'

Absolutely.

Dr.3D
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM

But it's an Arabic man carrying a pressure cooker..... such a sight has gotta be pretty suspicious looking(to some people).

/sarc

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
An FBI agent said: 'You need to be more careful moving around with such things, Sir'

It's a fucking pressure cooker. It is sold at most retail stores. Oh, but it was "bullet colored." SMFH.

I'm with AF. Oh noes it is a Sunday and in these here parts it's a mortal sin to sell liquor today. SMFH. Roll another one....................

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Shit,, that's just a little one.

http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/photos/photogallery/72_canning.jpeg

JK/SEA
05-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Shit,, that's just a little one.

http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/photos/photogallery/72_canning.jpeg

is that napalm?

as to getting drunk?...yeah...if i were you, i'd start drinking...heavily. Works for me.

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 10:31 AM
It's a fucking pressure cooker. It is sold at most retail stores. Oh, but it was "bullet colored." SMFH.

I'm with AF. Oh noes it is a Sunday and in these here parts it's a mortal sin to sell liquor today. SMFH. Roll another one....................

More unintended consequences?

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
is that napalm?

Well, it was jellied.
But my apple butter is the bomb.

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Well, it was jellied.
But my apple butter is the bomb.

Reported.

Restore America Now
05-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Against my better judgement, I laughed. Seriously, what the fuck? Are we that strung out? "Bullet" coloured? Are you shitting me?

Fuck me.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
oh shit arabs with pressure cookers!

BuddyRey
05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
What's next...crock pots?!?!

'Cause I finally learned some good stew recipes, and if they want mine, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

newbitech
05-12-2013, 11:13 AM
me and my bearded brother had the cops called on us in 2008-ish while doing field work for verizon. we were taking measurements of the right of way, not on any private property etc. cops told us that you never know today, anyone could be an OK city bomber..

right.

jclay2
05-12-2013, 11:20 AM
People have literally lost their minds. Did it ever occur to them that if the 1/billion chance occurred and the rice cooker was actually a real bomb that the terrorist would not carry it around without concealment? I wonder what would happen if someone shot a youtube video of an Arab going to buy pressure cookers from every store in the city. Whats the chance the guy is thrown into an fbi prison within a few hours?

TheTexan
05-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Brown = probable cause

tod evans
05-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Beards and pressure-cookers are indigenous to the Ozarks....

Boogity-boogity:eek:

PaulConventionWV
05-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow I never thought they would actually make a big deal out of pressure cookers. I thought it would always be a joke, but apparently now we're paranoid because some foreigner was holding a pressure cooker. What mad witch hunt this is.

Also, "bullet-colored"??? Freaking serious? Somebody please tell me this is satire.

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Beards and pressure-cookers are indigenous to the Ozarks....

Boogity-boogity:eek:

Puts me in mind of,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow I never thought they would actually make a big deal out of pressure cookers. I thought it would always be a joke, but apparently now we're paranoid because some foreigner was holding a pressure cooker. What mad witch hunt this is.

Also, "bullet-colored"??? Freaking serious? Somebody please tell me this is satire.

Are you mocking the system put in place to keep you safe, Mundane?

You are reported.

camp_steveo
05-12-2013, 12:02 PM

Fuck it me too

ghengis86
05-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Yep...doing the same thing. A little whiskey and working in the garden sounds best right now. Probably should make it bigger.. Fuck everybody else. The world has gone insane.

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Yep...doing the same thing. A little whiskey and working in the garden sounds best right now. Probably should make it bigger.. Fuck everybody else. The world has gone insane.

I am hoping it is Tax Free whiskey.
It's the American way.

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2012/01/05/212950-popcorn-sutton-s-moonshine-recipes-to-make-your-own-hooch.jpg

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I am hoping it is Tax Free whiskey.
It's the American way.

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2012/01/05/212950-popcorn-sutton-s-moonshine-recipes-to-make-your-own-hooch.jpg

True American. Last of an dying breed. R.I.P. Sutton. Even unto death you lived life YOUR way.

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Playing around on the backhoe and opening up the camper.

Hey, Pete, you ever get Old Blue fixed?

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
True American. Last of an dying breed. R.I.P. Sutton. Even unto death you lived life YOUR way.

Fill me in...who is that?

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 12:19 PM

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton. Legendary moonshiner. Committed suicide instead of going to Federal prison at the age of 62.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Sutton

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Playing around on the backhoe and opening up the camper.

Hey, Pete, you ever get Old Blue fixed?

Nope.Not yet. Was cleaning up the place after the snow melted,, But we are having a blizzard today. Snow,,blowing snow and 45 mph winds.

Gotta love the UP.

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Nope.Not yet. Was cleaning up the place after the snow melted,, But we are having a blizzard today. Snow,,blowing snow and 45 mph winds.

Gotta love the UP.

Ouch. 72 degrees here and sunny. Think I'll stay in the south. Already have the garden in except for some just gifted heirloom tomatoes. Almanac says I should wait for Tues. before those transplants so guess some house painting today.

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton. Legendary moonshiner. Committed suicide instead of going to Federal prison at the age of 62.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Sutton

Well, sir, I raise a shot of (unadulterated, straight) Knob Creek in salute.

GodSpeed brother, hope he's with the Angel Band now.

Too bad he couldn't have sent a few of the fuckers straight to hell before he left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDeWXZAzZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0dpiM9c0k

dannno
05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Officers said that two days earlier that a woman had seen him walking out of his apartment carrying the pressure cooker pot, which was described as ‘bullet coloured’.

You mean like http://marketingmasterinsights.com/input/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/coors_light_0511_550.jpg ??

JK/SEA
05-12-2013, 01:02 PM
uh huh...ok...sure. Now let me see here...a brown shinned middle eastern dude takes that advice about being more 'careful'....now he puts it in a box. Woman now calls the FBI about a 'middle eastern' person walking around with a 'box', and 'looks' suspicious. Cops show up. ''what are you hiding in that box?''...''fuck me, its a PRESSURE COOKER!''....the rest you can figure out...

thoughtomator
05-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Wait, was this a regular pressure cooker or an assault pressure cooker? If it was painted black it would fall under the APCB (assault pressure cooker ban).

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
uh huh...ok...sure. Now let me see here...a brown shinned middle eastern dude takes that advice about being more 'careful'....now he puts it in a box. Woman now calls the FBI about a 'middle eastern' person walking around with a 'box', and 'looks' suspicious. Cops show up. ''what are you hiding in that box?''...''fuck me, its a PRESSURE COOKER!''....the rest you can figure out...

Should have filed for a transportation of pressure cooker license.

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Gotta love the UP.

Holy smoke...that's harsh, even for me.

Dr.3D
05-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Should have filed for a transportation of pressure cooker license.

His biggest problem was that it was open carry. If he had only had it hidden in a box, there would probably never have been the panic.

jclay2
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM

Gotta love the UP.

Always been curious. You ever ski the keweenaw? I am way down in chicago, so it would be a haul for me to go there, but the skiing looked pretty good especially at Mount Bohemia?

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 02:43 PM
His biggest problem was that it was open carry. If he had only had it hidden in a box, there would probably never have been the panic.

True dat.

John F Kennedy III
05-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Better roll seven. I'll be there in an hour.

Anti Federalist
05-12-2013, 03:39 PM

Good to see you...where ya been?

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Always welcome. Let me know when you pass through N.C.

pcosmar
05-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Always been curious. You ever ski the keweenaw? I am way down in chicago, so it would be a haul for me to go there, but the skiing looked pretty good especially at Mount Bohemia?

Ski? No.
I do my best to stay upright in the snow.

When I am out in it I'm there because I have to be,, not because I want to.

John F Kennedy III
05-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Good to see you...where ya been?

I've been taking a break from here. Mostly been over at Westeros. org, which is the main forum for the Game of Thrones books/show. Managed to get a 3 day ban from there today :D

anaconda
05-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I got this off Costco dot com recently. Works great. BUT, I now guess I better shelter it in place!

http://images.costco.com/image/media/350-303095-847__1.jpg

John F Kennedy III
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Always welcome. Let me know when you pass through N.C.

That's pretty much zero chance but if I ever do I'll stop by for sure.

MelissaWV
05-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Woah woah woah there. I think we have a case of "she who smelt it dealt it" here!

How does this woman know what color bullets are, HMMMM!?!?!?

AHA! Found the REAL terr'ist!

anaconda
05-12-2013, 05:25 PM
We need open carry for pressure cookers.

phill4paul
05-12-2013, 05:28 PM
That's pretty much zero chance but if I ever do I'll stop by for sure.

I figured that. Which is why I made the offer. :D

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Why seven?

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Ski? No.
I do my best to stay upright in the snow.

When I am out in it I'm there because I have to be,, not because I want to.

Love me some skiing.

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Well, you just can't win can you?

John F Kennedy III
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Why seven?

JFKIII enjoys his medicine.

Origanalist
05-12-2013, 07:12 PM
JFKIII enjoys his medicine.

Just curious how you came up with the number. :)

1000-points-of-fright
05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
How does this woman know what color bullets are, HMMMM!?!?!?

She obviously hasn't seen many bullets recently because 95% of the bullets I've ever shot are copper colored.

John F Kennedy III
05-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Just curious how you came up with the number. :)

I've been living and breathing the Game of Thrones books for the past 5 months. The number 7 comes up ALOT. Lol.

oyarde
05-12-2013, 10:59 PM
She obviously hasn't seen many bullets recently because 95% of the bullets I've ever shot are copper colored. She must have alot of silver bullets, werewolves and such , I pour them out of copper , lead , steel, silver will work in a pinch , lol

Mani
05-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Holy Shit....Your neighbor going to turn your ass in so fast it's ridiculous.

I dare one of you to go to the store and buy 2 cart fulls of pressure cookers. I don't think you'll make it to the fucking parking lot. You'd probably be shot on site when 3 cops command, "Put your hands up!!!" "Get everything out of your pockets!!" "get down on the ground with hands behind your back"

He's not listening!! SHOOT HIM!!!

J_White
05-13-2013, 12:40 AM
why havent we banned pressure cookers yet !? we should do that for the children.

phill4paul
05-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Acme Online Pressure Cooker 2 for one sale.

Contract agreement to enter site.

Must be over 21.
Must be of natural born American, Caucasian and Protestant decent.

Because, truthfully, we really truly WANT a Caucasian American of Protestant decent to use our cookers as weapons. PLEEEEAse.

V3n
05-14-2013, 01:57 PM
All joking aside - I'm bookmarking this story for the next time someone tells me:

"If you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about."

Tod
05-15-2013, 01:56 AM

Turns out there are videos of him on You Tube, including this documentary from 2009!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCh2NWKhsPo