PDA

View Full Version : In conjunction with OLFOD, F.A.C.T. is now up and running!

karilee183
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey Everyone,

For the past several months, Brad Porter (award winning blogger at www.thecrossedpond.com) and I have been putting together the Free Assembly for Constitutional Thought. We've teamed up with Operation Live Free or Die to get people into New Hampshire the week before the primary, which has been set for January 8th.

Essentially, OLFOD is taking over the housing issue (and has rented several houses already) and F.A.C.T. is handling the transportation end. We've already got a ton of people willing to go, but we need to get the word out. Set meetups for January 2nd (or 1st, depending on how far away from NH you live) and sign up on our website. The places with enough interest will get their own bus.

So, sign up, donate, and get ready to get on the bus to New Hampshire!!!

www.constitutionalthought.org

Kari Lamanuzzi
Executive Director
Free Assembly for Constitutional Thought

karilee183
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
This is the Meetup event that we posted in Pittsburgh to let people know about the push to New Hampshire (saves you the trouble of having to write one of you own). Also, the week we'll be spending in NH is the same week as the Liberty Forum. Last year's speakers include Ron Paul and John Stossel. Dr. Paul is going to be speaking there again this year, and Brad and I are also featured speakers at the event.

Please post the event to your own meetups to help spread the word. Thanks!

Announcing a new event for Pittsburgh and Western PA Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

What: Heading to New Hampshire!

When: Wednesday, January 2, 9:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: The New Hampshire primary is now set for January 8th, and in coordination with Operation Live Free or Die, Free Assembly for Constitutional Thought, and New Hampshire's RonPaulHQ, as well as Meetup groups all across the Eastern seaboard (and South! Woo hoo to Tennessee!!!), we're trying to get at least 1,000 supporters to join us for the week leading up to the vote in a massive "volunteer bomb" for Ron Paul.

F.A.C.T. is in charge of arranging and subsidizing transportation for this endeavor, so that anybody on the East Coast who wants to pound the pavement in NH with us can do so (all are welcome!), without having to worry about cost or travel arrangements. We'll have free places to stay (courtesy of OLFD), plenty to do (courtesy of NHHQ and the official campaign), and we'll be able to arrange that anybody that wants to come can make it (courtesy of F.A.C.T.).

To that end, and because we're Pittsburgh-based, we're going to have buses and/or vans leaving Pittsburgh on January 2nd to head to New Hampshire through the 9th. Join us!

You've heard about our legendary road trips, now you can be a part of it (for Kari: woo-hoo!). Get on the bus! Let's ride! Yeeargh!

All week long there will be parties, rallies, The Liberty Forum, meet and greets, and all kinds of great events that will be a lot of fun (many special appearances by the man himself, of course). And, during the days, you'll be able to, in a very real and focused way, help make a last ditch effort to push Ron Paul to the top in New Hampshire, which is going to be the make-or-break early state that determines how much of an impact the Paul campaign will have in all the states that follow. Don't just sit at home watching election returns.

To sign up, please RSVP. Additionally, please check out the F.A.C.T. website and become a member, and get connected with OLFD. We'll be leaving on the morning of the 2nd, and all transportation and housing once you're in NH will be free. If you're interested in really doing something for the national campaign, come out with us. It'll be great fun, and a chance to really have an impact.

If you're not going to be able to make it for whatever reason, but would like to support this effort, please donate. Every $143 raised is one more supporter YOU can support in spreading the message.

Learn more here:

http://www.constitutionalthought.org
http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/

BradCrossedPond
11-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi folks.

Kari's covered it pretty well, but to reiterate.

New Hampshire, I think we all know, is going to be the key to this race. It is by no means assured. We could win it, or not crack the Top Three, and which it is will pretty much determine the course of the rest of the race, not just for us, but for the country.

Ron's getting the money, but there's another key ingredient: boots on the ground. Particularly in a small state like New Hampshire that appreciates retail politics, getting out volunteers can have a huge impact. Not being able to get them out can be a huge detriment. We sometimes get over-focused on media and budget, but frankly, good old fashioned door knocking and phone banking can often make or break an effort, particularly with candidates that start small and come up fast and strong.

We hope to go live with this effort, a "volunteer bomb" for Ron Paul, very soon, but we need to start getting the word out. So:

1. Spread the word. Come out to New Hampshire to work for Ron Paul. Anytime, really (there is plenty going on there in December), but January 2nd through the 9th is when we're focusing our national effort. Operationlivefreeordie.com, constitutionalthought.org. We need to get the word out; help us.

2. If you're involved in your local Meetup group, please post an event to this effect soon. Particularly if you're on the East Coast (or anywhere within a day's drive really), if you get enough RSVP's, F.A.C.T. can arrange to transport your group of volunteers to New Hampshire for free (and, once there, they can be taken care of in terms of housing and organizing). But because travel and a week of time are involved, people need to start being aware of this now, and saving the date. If you're involved in your local grassroots, run this up the flagpoll. Take this to your groups NOW. Don't wait for our more official coming out.

3. Donations. People should be giving money to the campaign. However, if they would like to donate to this, they can. If they donate here (http://www.constitutionalthought.org/Donate.aspx), they can specifically sponsor us getting volunteers who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it out to New Hampshire at no cost to them. If you know people (or are people) who are maxed out in campaign contributions, this is a creative way to keep giving money to keep spreading the message. We can take contributions of any size, made out to F.A.C.T. Even if people can't make it out themselves, they can support those of us that are in a very real, and very critical way.

Let's get out there and get Ron Paul past the post in New Hampshire.

karilee183
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM
We're FAMOUS!

Lew Rockwell picked up on our story:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017302.html

Again, if you want to donate, the link to our page is:

http://www.constitutionalthought.com/Donate.aspx

Thanks!!!

krott5333
11-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Jon Stossel is going to be there :eek:

he's my #2 hero! always telling it like it is.

I was interviewed at the philly rally..

"who do you want to see as Ron Paul's VP?"

so i said "Jon Stossel"

hahahah

karilee183
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I know, I'm really nervous to talk for an hour, but I'm also kind of excited too.

Brad and I are also going to be hosting a table for a "chew and chat" roundtable discussion. Hope to see you in NH in January!!!

Roxi
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
wait... did he say John stossel would be there, or he was there last time?