PDA

View Full Version : My Ron Paul sign kept getting stolen so I....

AlexAmore
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I put a bunch of honey on it and spread it all over. Then I put fluff on the outer white edge and on the metal stands. You can't even tell it's on there when you drive by at night. I'll see what it looks like during the day tomorrow...if it's still there.

Have fun picking this sticky s*** up and into your vehicle, ya neocon ass****s.

The sign is a bigger one than the normal yard sign. It's also on a very busy stretch of road. It's a threat to the neocons and liberals lol!

StrikerV
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
haha funny stuff

DealzOnWheelz
muah hah aha ha

rasheedwallace
ummm...ok?

TechnoGuyRob
New Hampshireans are wonderful. :D

Take a picture when you drive by tomorrow.

jenius
nice:)

fedup100
11-25-2007, 06:58 PM
try dog poo next time, just on the edges!!

literatim
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Should coat the entire sign in Crisco.

AlexAmore
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
try dog poo next time, just on the edges!!

lol I was actually planning on putting my dog's poo around the sign so they would step in it! I was busy all day today so I didn't get a chance (long project), but i'm thinking about it soon. If the sign gets stolen tomorrow, i'll definately do it. I have many many signs....

slantedview
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Crisco is a good idea. Video is even better :)

kylejack
Might be a Ron Paul supporter who wants a sign of their own. He's catching on, I'm telling you.

foofighter20x
Should coat the entire sign in Crisco.

+1

Crisco FTW...

honkywill
11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
next time try razor blades.

literatim
11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
If you want to go a step further. Coat the sign in Crisco that is mixed with skunk scent.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=THZ3POHEHDP2FLAQBBKCCONMCAEFKI WE?id=0014800415446a&type=product&cmCat=perf&rid=0180101070502&xpid=k17401&cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Affiliate%2Dclick&cm_pla=Nextag&cm_ite=DDI%20Link&afsrc=1&_requestid=17196

AlexAmore
11-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking about going to a hunting shop and buying some horrible scents...skunk if I can find it. I wouldn't use a lot, but just enough for them to smell it on the sign while in their car or if they just get near it. hehe.

Post above me just said it first lol

lucius
11-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Might be a Ron Paul supporter who wants a sign of their own. He's catching on, I'm telling you.

Every time mine is stolen that is what I tell myself as well... :D

literatim
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking about going to a hunting shop and buying some horrible scents...skunk if I can find it. I wouldn't use a lot, but just enough for them to smell it on the sing while in their car or if they just get near it. hehe.

It's best to make sure it gets on their hands so they smell like it for a very long time. If you put it in Crisco and put it all over the sign, not only will they smell like it, but so will their car if they put it in there.

Chernitsky
11-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I put a bunch of honey on it and spread it all over. Then I put fluff on the outer white edge and on the metal stands. You can't even tell it's on there when you drive by at night. I'll see what it looks like during the day tomorrow...if it's still there.

The sign is a bigger one than the normal yard sign. It's also on a very busy stretch of road. It's a threat to the neocons and liberals lol!

I'm a liberal supporter, why is Ron Paul a threat?

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

wakejumpin
11-25-2007, 07:11 PM
hook up a remote taser

kylejack
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Don't taze them, bro.

RedLightning
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
I would go with night vision and a liberal application of 124grain 7.62x39.

Ok ok, a video camera and some cops....

FrankRep
11-25-2007, 07:13 PM

My Ron Paul sign disappeared a day ago and I was kinda pissed so I put another on in its place. The next day my stolen sign was in a yard about 6 houses away from me.

I had to laugh! Its all good.

AlexAmore
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm a liberal supporter, why is Ron Paul a threat?

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsugh.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Dennis Kucinich and Gravel supporters know that Ron Paul is stealing support. It's pretty obvious that if Ron Paul didn't exist then they would be the big hot shots. I see Gravel and Kucinich signs in NH.

brandon
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Haha that is great, good idea. Let us know how it goes.

Also, I love how you censored yourself from saying "hole", but not ass :D

syborius
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm thinking about going to a hunting shop and buying some horrible scents...skunk if I can find it. I wouldn't use a lot, but just enough for them to smell it on the sign while in their car or if they just get near it. hehe.

I say super glue a few stink bombs between the sign and the wooden post, or where-ever, so when they try and rip it off, they get a really nice scent going into their nostrils. good luck throwing that crap into the car. hahaha :D:D:D:D

plus some of the other suggestions, crisco oil sounds good...or Just hang some sardines off of it, that should dissuade people as well...rotting fish has a nice putrid smell...

kylejack
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
My Ron Paul sign disappeared a day ago and I was kinda pissed so I put another on in its place. The next day my stolen sign was in a yard about 6 houses away from me.

I had to laugh! Its all good.

Need another sign that says DON'T STEAL MY SIGN, JUST ASK!

American
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Don't taze them, bro.

true, try a cattle prod.

Matthew Zak
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Or just say, "If you're stealing this sign to show support, gesture a thumbs up toward the camera."

akovacs
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I approve this.

Adamsa
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Think these guys are actually stealing them for their own yards or because they support other candidates?

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
may i make the following suggestion...

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1245/neocontraptk3.jpg

cover the hole with sticks and place leaves and dirt and grass on top of it so it looks mostly normal. they'll step on the sticks and fall right through. they're probably doing this at night, so they won't be able to see that it looks kind of weird. hopefully the neocon you trap won't be dead by morning. if you're worried about this, i suppose the rattlesnake can be optional.

i love MS Paint.

akovacs
11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Think these guys are actually stealing them for their own yards or because they support other candidates?

I'm thinking the latter. There's no reason that someone taking a sign for themselves can't ask the owner for an extra one. It has to be people who are pissed off at him for whatever reason. I would definitely do the scent/sticky liquid defense. They will learn quickly not to do that anymore.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
What the heck is "fluff"?

Adamsa
11-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking the latter. There's no reason that someone taking a sign for themselves can't ask the owner for an extra one. It has to be people who are pissed off at him for whatever reason. I would definitely do the scent/sticky liquid defense. They will learn quickly not to do that anymore.

:(

Revolution9
11-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Put another sign with it saying "More signs and info available by calling xxx xxx xxxx". I know if I didn't watch my sign at sign wavings it would disappear to someone's front lawn in a hurry.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM

A sign is on a right of way. It is 1:30 AM.. You like Ron Paul but just don't know about that internet thing. How are you going to find the guy who put it up? You just may think.. Ya know I support this guy and i want to show it and snatch that sucker. My guess is this is what is occurring in a number of cases.

best
Randy

RON PAUL 4409
11-25-2007, 07:40 PM
lol....this is awesome....i put up about 4 a day here in scottsdale abd the rip them down the next day...this is a very good idea you have hmmmmmmmmmm,,,,lol

RON PAUL 4409
11-25-2007, 07:42 PM

cover the hole with sticks and place leaves and dirt and grass on top of it so it looks mostly normal. they'll step on the sticks and fall right through. they're probably doing this at night, so they won't be able to see that it looks kind of weird. hopefully the neocon you trap won't be dead by morning. if you're worried about this, i suppose the rattlesnake can be optional.

i love MS Paint.

This is tooooooooooooooooooooo funny....hahaha

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
lol....this is awesome....i put up about 4 a day here in scottsdale abd the rip them down the next day...this is a very good idea you have hmmmmmmmmmm,,,,lol

you're talking about my idea, right? wouldn't it be funny if you woke up one morning and found rudy giuliani inside the hole in your front lawn, and he was covered in rattlesnake bites and was unconscious and foaming at the mouth? i would so lol.

AlexAmore
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
What the heck is "fluff"?

This stuff is super sticky

http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/blog/uploaded_images/fluff-735957.jpg

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM

i love MS Paint.

I can't wait for some mainstream media reporter to use this MS paint drawing to show how RP supporters are plotting snake terrorism against their neighbors.

akovacs
11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
A sign is on a right of way. It is 1:30 AM.. You like Ron Paul but just don't know about that internet thing. How are you going to find the guy who put it up?

I think making some contact information visible would be a good compromise. Actually, do this first before the other stuff. If it's still stolen, then you know that it's some other campaign stealing it.

BTW, if you do this, MAKE SURE THAT ARE LEGALLY OK TO PUT UP THAT SIGN. If it's a road worker or the police taking the sign down because of some weird ordinance, then boobytrapping it will not help that situation.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I can't wait for some mainstream media reporter to use this MS paint drawing to show how RP supporters are plotting snake terrorism against their neighbors.

would anyone watching that actually believe it's true?

i mean, come on, my picture is so obviously a joke, not to mention impossible to actually implement.

Nancy A
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
LOL--You all make my day with your humor.

I love this forum!

ronpaulfollower999
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-25-2007, 08:05 PM

i mean, come on, my picture is so obviously a joke, not to mention impossible to actually implement.

That was most certainly a joke on my part, my friend.

Matt
Just hide in the bushes with a shotgun and blast 'em with rock salt. That's legal in New Hampshire right? :cool:

StrikerV
impossible ... no

bad idea? yes ;)

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
That was most certainly a joke on my part, my friend.

oh, sorry. sarcasm does not translate well over teh interwebs.

Jon S
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
haha for some reason i find the phrase "committing snake-terrorism on your neighbors" really funny.

Buzz
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I find landmines to be highly effective sign-theft prevention tools, personally. :D

Chester Copperpot
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM

NO.. BUT GLEN BECK WOULD REPORT IT AS TRUE!

work2win
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
How about this 5 step program:

1. pine tar
2. skunk scent
3. scat minefield
4 simple alarm hooked to sign
5. video camera

Step 4 is a catalyst to steps 1-3.
Step 5 allows you to bust a gut over and over again at a later date.

AlexMerced
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I would just blow torch a message on the fence "Ron Paul 2008", watch them try to steal your whole fence.